A question for the anti-choice crowd.

See? Even you call it an "it". When I talk about a person, I talk about "his, or her". When I talk about a thing, I talk about "its". Your own recognition of a fetus as a thing, not a person, betrays your position.

Well a human IS a thing... is it not? A person is a thing as well. Fetuses can be male or female, so I don't refer to them collectively as he or she because they could be either. It's merely semantics and semantics are not biology. You're going to need more than this to prove a fetus is not a human being.

If I say the baby is crying it need's it's pacifier... does that make the baby non-human?
If I say the infant is cold it need's it's blanket.... is it no longer a human being?
If I say the child needs both it's parents... does the child cease being human?

You see... in English... "It's" can be applied to any thing... a human is a thing.

At some point in growth, a fetus becomes a human being. By law, based on science, that is 24 weeks.

No... By LAW... that is when the fetus becomes "viable" ...not when it becomes a human being.

By SCIENCE it becomes a human being the moment the fused egg cell produces another cell.

If there is "growth" then logic should tell you SOMETHING is alive and growing... if it's not a human organism, tell us what it is?

It does NOT "at some point in growth" begin to be what it already is and what it was from the moment it began growing.
Agreed on the legal point.

I'd love to see your evidence that a zygote is a human being.

hu·man be·ing
noun
  1. a man, woman, or child of the species Homo sapiens, distinguished from other animals by superior mental development, power of articulate speech, and upright stance.

"It has been
shown that the “marginal child” is more likely to be born into a household in poverty, live in a

household with a single parent, and receive welfare, but the results here show that this does not

necessarily translate to adverse outcomes later in life. The analysis provides evidence that

“wantedness” at conception does not necessarily improve later-life outcomes. Contrary to the

fundamental assumption and empirical findings on the impact of legalized abortion, being “wanted”

at conception does not appear to dictate the course of an individual’s life."

https://deepblue.lib.umich.edu/bitstream/handle/2027.42/63985/davido_allison_2009.pdf

I'm not the one that says someone else deserves to be taken care of.

The implication of that statement, whether you meant it to be, or not, is that some people, in your opinion, simply deserve to starve to death. So how do you make that determination, in light of our nation's founding principle that every person has an inalienable right to life, and by what authority do you make that proclamation?

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

The right to life, is just that. I can't take your life away from you. That's all it means. It doesn't mean you are entitled to other people's stuff. Ever.

This isn't a difficult concept. If you trying to tell me that somehow you have a right to my labor, that I am magically your slave, because I must by law, be forced to provide you anything.... whether it be food, shelter, clothing, heat, health care, or any other object.... then you are by definition, taking away my life.

Now I must live for you, by force? Or what happens? You imprison me for not providing you your entitled stuff? What happens?

In the UK, they just had a doctor strike, where even the doctors in the Emergency Rooms..... left. They just said... sorry, bye.

What should happen to those doctors? They refused to provide care, when according to your insane definition of "right to life" means they were violating everyone's rights, by not being good little slaves of the public.

That's because your idiotic version of "right to life" is false. The right to life, means that I can't take your life from you. I can't make you my slave. I can't demand everything you have for my good.

In short, the real meaning of that phrase, is the exact polar opposite of how you defined it.

Likewise, a zygote is not a human being. Saying "Life begins at conception" is bullshit since both the sperm and egg were already alive.

They were alive but not living human organisms. A zygote is a living human organism and is in the state of being. It is a living human being. It is in the zygote stage of development, just as it will be in the fetal stage, the infant stage, the child stage, the adolescent stage, the adult stage and the geriatric stage. At NO time does it ever change what it is.
Dude, you're playing with semantics. A zygote is not a "being", human or otherwise. it's a fertilized egg, of which about a third self-abort without any assistance.

See? Even you call it an "it". When I talk about a person, I talk about "his, or her". When I talk about a thing, I talk about "its". Your own recognition of a fetus as a thing, not a person, betrays your position.

Well a human IS a thing... is it not? A person is a thing as well. Fetuses can be male or female, so I don't refer to them collectively as he or she because they could be either. It's merely semantics and semantics are not biology. You're going to need more than this to prove a fetus is not a human being.

If I say the baby is crying it need's it's pacifier... does that make the baby non-human?
If I say the infant is cold it need's it's blanket.... is it no longer a human being?

You see... in English... "It's" can be applied to any thing... a human is a thing.

Good grief.... this is sad, that you have to explain to him, the semantics of "he" or "she" to this idiot. This is like watching someone teaching college level English to a toddler. Embarrassing.

Likewise, a zygote is not a human being. Saying "Life begins at conception" is bullshit since both the sperm and egg were already alive.

They were alive but not living human organisms. A zygote is a living human organism and is in the state of being. It is a living human being. It is in the zygote stage of development, just as it will be in the fetal stage, the infant stage, the child stage, the adolescent stage, the adult stage and the geriatric stage. At NO time does it ever change what it is.
Dude, you're playing with semantics. A zygote is not a "being", human or otherwise. it's a fertilized egg, of which about a third self-abort without any assistance.

He is dead on accurate in everything he said. While your point, is irrelevant.

Okay. Now, this is a question specifically directed towards the anti-choice activists. Let us begin with the most common premise of the anti-choice folks: A fetus is a person. Abortion is killing a person without justification. Ergo, abortion is essentially state sanctioned murder. (Now, let us be clear, I Do. NOT agree with this premise, at all. However, it is the premise of nearly every anti-choice advocate. So, to follow this position to its logical conclusion, we are going to allow this premise from the outset.)

So, we have established that a fetus is a person, and abortion is equivalent to murder. Proceeding from that premise, there are actually two people involved in the planning, and executing of said murder - the doctor, and the pregnant woman. Now, the anti-choice advocates have made no secret of their contempt for the doctors who participate in abortions, Oklahoma going so far as to pass a new law criminalizing abortions, and levying heavy penalties against the doctors who participate. However, no one, including Oklahoma, seems interested in punishing, or even acknowledging, the pregnant woman's role in this action. So. What about her? What punishment is reasonable for a woman who contracts a medical professional to murder her unborn child?

You ask this from you perspective as a PRO DEATH advocate?

Okay. Now, this is a question specifically directed towards the anti-choice activists. Let us begin with the most common premise of the anti-choice folks: A fetus is a person. Abortion is killing a person without justification. Ergo, abortion is essentially state sanctioned murder. (Now, let us be clear, I Do. NOT agree with this premise, at all. However, it is the premise of nearly every anti-choice advocate. So, to follow this position to its logical conclusion, we are going to allow this premise from the outset.)

So, we have established that a fetus is a person, and abortion is equivalent to murder. Proceeding from that premise, there are actually two people involved in the planning, and executing of said murder - the doctor, and the pregnant woman. Now, the anti-choice advocates have made no secret of their contempt for the doctors who participate in abortions, Oklahoma going so far as to pass a new law criminalizing abortions, and levying heavy penalties against the doctors who participate. However, no one, including Oklahoma, seems interested in punishing, or even acknowledging, the pregnant woman's role in this action. So. What about her? What punishment is reasonable for a woman who contracts a medical professional to murder her unborn child?

You ask this from you perspective as a PRO DEATH advocate?
Nope. Don't know what ever gave you the impression that I'm pro death.

[
So, you want to permanently mutilate women's bodies for daring to not do as you command them? And, the anti-choice crowd wonders why the rest of us perceive them as hating women…

Sent from my Samsung using Tapatalk.

So the pro-death position is that sterilization is "mutilation?"

You pro-death ghouls deny women the choice over their own bodies to have a tubal ligation?

Not surprising.

Typical progressive death cultist bullshit....
No doubt there are lying assholes who are so insanely far right, they consider all Libertarians to be "progressives", "Lefties" or whatever other nonsense enters their pointy little minds. IMO, this is one of reasons the RNC is imploding and it is also one of the reasons I left the Republican Party after 32 years.

Platform
1.5 Abortion
Recognizing that abortion is a sensitive issue and that people can hold good-faith views on all sides, we believe that government should be kept out of the matter, leaving the question to each person for their conscientious consideration.

[
So, you want to permanently mutilate women's bodies for daring to not do as you command them? And, the anti-choice crowd wonders why the rest of us perceive them as hating women…

Sent from my Samsung using Tapatalk.

So the pro-death position is that sterilization is "mutilation?"

You pro-death ghouls deny women the choice over their own bodies to have a tubal ligation?

Not surprising.
Are you on drugs? No one said "sterilization" is mutilation. Forced sterilization is mutilation. And where do you keep getting this pro death stuff. I have never said, suggested, or implies that I am pro death.

Then it should be no problem for you to find a post of yours where you referred to a born person as "it".....

Typical progressive death cultist bullshit....
No doubt there are lying assholes who are so insanely far right, they consider all Libertarians to be "progressives", "Lefties" or whatever other nonsense enters their pointy little minds. IMO, this is one of reasons the RNC is imploding and it is also one of the reasons I left the Republican Party after 32 years.

Platform
1.5 Abortion
Recognizing that abortion is a sensitive issue and that people can hold good-faith views on all sides, we believe that government should be kept out of the matter, leaving the question to each person for their conscientious consideration.

You retards are the ones who brought government into the matter, with the BAD and ILLEGAL RvW, and with federal funding of PLANNED PARENTHOOD.

I'm absolutely 100 percent ok with getting the government out of the abortion business. That's what I've said all along. Yank their funding and shut down the federally funded abortion back alley abbatoirs. Let women get their D&Cs from their family physicians, like they used to. Get PP out of the schools, out of welfare offices, out of town. The feds have no business pedaling baby slaughter to anybody.

[Are you on drugs? No one said "sterilization" is mutilation.

Ah, so it wasn't you who posted;

So, you want to permanently mutilate women's bodies

Forced sterilization is mutilation.

Are you ignorant of what the word "mutilation" means, or just so patently dishonest that the meaning alters with your agenda?

Sterilization mutilates, or it doesn't

And where do you keep getting this pro death stuff. I have never said, suggested, or implies that I am pro death.

From the same place you keep getting this "anti choice" stuff, Herr Goebbels.

Forum List

Back