A question for the pro-abortion aka pro-choice crowd

Why do women abort their babies?

I understand there may be an ample number of reasons, but what, in your opinion would be the concensus?

I think it's purely for selfish reasons for the most part.

Your thoughts.

it is the modern version of child sacrifice.. to insure prosperity... financial security (a good crop)...it has just been made clinical and rationalized

I understand there may be an ample number of reasons, but what, in your opinion would be the concensus?

Your thoughts.

it is the modern version of child sacrifice.. to insure prosperity... financial security (a good crop)...it has just been made clinical and rationalized

even the Hebrews practiced human sacrifice.

Indeed its nothing new

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5Yq_0Gg2Oc]Molech Worship: Abortion-Child Sacrifice, Bohemian Grove, Satanic Rituals, Abortions - YouTube[/ame]

There are multitudes of people who believe in a Christian god but who don't believe the bible?

I don't think so.

And yet, here we are. Three in one thread. Del, me, and XChel. I sincerely doubt that that's a fluke of some sort.

P.S.: Who said "multitudes?" Oh, that's right - you did.

the bible is inerrant so the bible is inerrant.

except for the parts edited out by constantine, i'm sure...

There are multitudes of people who believe in a Christian god but who don't believe the bible?

I don't think so.

And yet, here we are. Three in one thread. Del, me, and XChel. I sincerely doubt that that's a fluke of some sort.

Yep, I believe in God, he exists in my opinion, but I don't necesarily believe in the bible. Why? Well, while the bible is a good literary piece it has been manipulated by men...particularly King James, those manipulations are a deviation from its original form and some of those situations have been on purpose, thus it is no longer what could have once been perhaps called divine inspiration. There are letters, accountings, etc of te lives of the apostles, of Jesus, but interestingly the Koran has an accounting of the life of Mary and even Ana the grandmother of Jesus, yet the bible barely mentions them. There are way too many contradictions in the bible for me to believe that it hasn't been maniupulated for the benefit of powerful men over time.

Don't quote it at me. Explain to me how causing a "womb to miscarry" does not refer to pregnancy.

Nowhere in the quote does it mention "miscarry".

Isaiah 49:15
“Can a woman forget her nursing child, that she should have no compassion on the son of her womb? Even these may forget, yet I will not forget you.

Ecclesiastes 11:5
As you do not know the way the spirit comes to the bones in the womb of a woman with child, so you do not know the work of God who makes everything.

Romans 9:11
Though they were not yet born and had done nothing either good or bad—in order that God's purpose of election might continue, not because of works but because of him who calls—

Psalm 139:16
Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them.

Luke 1:15
For he will be great before the Lord. And he must not drink wine or strong drink, and he will be filled with the Holy Spirit, even from his mother's womb.

Your thoughts.

95% of the time it is because they didn't intend to get pregnant, no I dont have a link that is a guesstimate.

I think most abortions are, as you say, for selfish reasons with a very small minority of them being due to actual health risks for the mother and cases of rape/incest.

the bible is inerrant so the bible is inerrant.

except for the parts edited out by constantine, i'm sure...

The hand of God and all that. Like I said, you believe it or you don't. No use kibbitzing over it.

I don't think so.

Yep, I believe in God, he exists in my opinion, but I don't necesarily believe in the bible. Why? Well, while the bible is a good literary piece it has been manipulated by men...particularly King James, those manipulations are a deviation from its original form and some of those situations have been on purpose, thus it is no longer what could have once been perhaps called divine inspiration. There are letters, accountings, etc of te lives of the apostles, of Jesus, but interestingly the Koran has an accounting of the life of Mary and even Ana the grandmother of Jesus, yet the bible barely mentions them. There are way too many contradictions in the bible for me to believe that it hasn't been maniupulated for the benefit of powerful men over time.

and the bible tells us that people will believe that, and that they will be wrong.

The contradictions aren't in the bible, they're in our interpretation of it.

Kosher there are plenty of contradictions in the bible. A person does not need the bible to tell them to believe in God.

Good for you, I'm sure it was very helpful to them and to PP to shuttle them quickly off to the clinic to scrape their uteruses rather than contact law enforcement, their parents, or provide them with any positive or meaningful assistance.

Incidentally, I work in the field too, dumbass. And not as some retarded volunteer. I actually am trained and paid to do what I do with DV victims.

Retarded volunteer? That's how you talk about people giving their time to charity?

Okie dokie, I apologize to the board for giving this kid the benefit of the doubt.

:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

I can not beileve teen age girls still get pregnant in the numbers they do. Birth control is laying around on almost every street coner in the US. We should be teaching young men and women about responsibilty for their own actions not making it easier for them to get abortions.

So I would say that yes abortion is a convience for most women who have them. And yes I oppose abortion but have no problem giving out bithcontrol to teenagers.

As soon as you start talking personal responsibility, some lefty wacko declares you are trying to bring religion into the classroom. The people that care are silenced, while the people that don't care and promote abortion run around, sue happy for anyone that disagrees with them.

You're a pro-lifer, isn't it your personal responsibility to adopt a child that a young girl decided to have instead of have an abortion when she couldn't take care of the child?

Or have you not done that and you only type on message boards how you're holier than thou?

Ah, another retarded post that is a logical fallacy based upon emotion, lies and whatnot.

Did you read her retarded post?

So that excuses calling volunteers retarded?

Then a couple posts after that one you rationalized why you think volunteers are retarded.

BDBoop has you labeled correctly, I hope for those around you's sake that it's just a message board schtick and you aren't really like this in the real world.

I get to see the damage that dumbfuck volunteers sow, thanks.

And the scary part..they think that their dabbling makes them experts.

Ah, another retarded post that is a logical fallacy based upon emotion, lies and whatnot.

Further proof how so many of you never put your money where your mouth is, and it's just empty words.

"I CARE SO MUCH ABOUT THE LIFE OF THE CHILD, EVERYONE HEAR ME, I CARE SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH."

Well what will you do if a child is put up for adoption rather than have an abortion, which is what you advocated for?

"Well I'll do absolutely nothing for any of them, of course."

Forum List

Back