A question for the pro-abortion aka pro-choice crowd

I think the huge majority abort for convenience. I don't believe most women who abort their children would abuse them or neglect them if they had them; I don't believe most do it for medical reasons. Actually, we know these things based upon the information PP doles out. I think underage girls do it because someone else makes them...either parents, pimps or other abusers, who do not want to deal with the consequences of facilitating underage sex and who want to protect the offenders.

Hello Allie,where have you been ?

Yeah, that's it.

After all, we all know that there aren't thousands and thousands and thousands of couples lined up to adopt babies. And it's a well known fact that none of them are pro-life.

Logical fallacy, emotional rant, moron.

Yeah, that's it.

After all, we all know that there aren't thousands and thousands and thousands of couples lined up to adopt babies. And it's a well known fact that none of them are pro-life.

Logical fallacy, emotional rant, moron.

Yeah good point, we all know that every kid that's up for adoption will be adopted and all the people who demand women don't have abortions will pick up the slack if those would be mothers choose to go through with the pregnancy.

You've got it all figured out, do nothing, tell everyone how you're holier than thou and how people who disagree with you on a political issue are baby murderers, then tomorrow morning when you wake up with all your insecurities revitalized after a night full of sleep get up and do the same thing all over again.

Interesting read on the Bible and abortion.

Abortion: Passages in the Hebrew Scriptures -- Old Testament

Genesis 2:7 God made Adam's body out of the dust of the earth. Later, the "man became a living soul" only after God "breathed into his nostrils the breath of life."

This says he wasn't alive until he was breathing, a far more extreme view than pro-choicers have.

Genesis 38:24 Tamar's pregnancy was discovered three months after conception, presumably because it was visible at that time. This was positive proof that she had been sexually active. Because she was a widow, without a husband, she was assumed to be a prostitute. Her father-in-law Judah ordered that she be burned alive for her crime. If Tamar's twin fetuses had been considered to be human beings, one would have expected her execution would have been delayed until after their birth. There was no condemnation on Judah for deciding to take this action. (Judah later changed his mind when he found out that he was the man responsible for Tamar's pregnancy.)

Here killing her was going to take place, and there was no moral issue with her being pregnant in terms of also ending the fetus inside.

Numbers 5:12-31 NIV - Speak to the Israelites and say to - Bible Gateway

And here's the other verse again, it specifically mentions a miscarriage three times. So not only is an abortion clearly taking place, it's being done by a priest.

The bible describes the justified taking of life many times in the bible. In war, at the command of God, as punishment for crime.

Do you think the women who get knocked up at frat parties are commanded by God to kill their babies?

Do you think they're killing them to preserve a bloodline?

And please educate yourself about the difference between miscarriage and abortion. There is spontaneous abortion, which is a miscarriage, but a miscarriage is not an abortion.

I think the huge majority abort for convenience. I don't believe most women who abort their children would abuse them or neglect them if they had them; I don't believe most do it for medical reasons. Actually, we know these things based upon the information PP doles out. I think underage girls do it because someone else makes them...either parents, pimps or other abusers, who do not want to deal with the consequences of facilitating underage sex and who want to protect the offenders.

well said.

Like I said earlier the vast majority are just because the person did not intend to get pregnant, a very small minority (probably 5%) of abortions are actually because the life of the mother is in jepordy over the pregnancy or the person was raped.

And please educate yourself about the difference between miscarriage and abortion. There is spontaneous abortion, which is a miscarriage, but a miscarriage is not an abortion.

Correct, a priest trying to force a miscarriage would be an abortion.

Don't worry, I'm glad you don't take the Old Testament seriously, that's a good thing. The New Testament is much better.

It's fine if you're pro-life, just be sure to not use the Bible as justification for it, as it quite clearly has no moral issue with it and also defines someone as being a living person with a soul after birth.

And those people have NEVER been forced to carry babies to term, even when abortion was illegal in every state.

Which is why I get so irritated with people like our erstwhile voluntard and Drock who insist on making abortion about those people. THOSE PEOPLE AREN'T AFFECTED BY THE LEGALITY OF ABORTION. They will always be able to get rid of babies if they are at risk or if the baby is the result of rape.

Don't worry, I'm glad you don't take the Old Testament seriously, that's a good thing. The New Testament is much better.

It's fine if you're pro-life, just be sure to not use the Bible as justification for it, as it quite clearly has no moral issue with it and also defines someone as being a living person with a soul after birth.

I take the OT plenty seriously. "(Jer 1.5): "Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations."

I do not take internet hacks who jeer at Christians, who promote infanticide, and who pick apart the bible seriously.

I take the OT plenty seriously. "(Jer 1.5): "Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations."

I do not take internet hacks who jeer at Christians, who promote infanticide, and who pick apart the bible seriously.

Jeer at christians by posting quotes from the Bible? That's rich

Promote infanticide? Yeah I'm the one getting emotional and going off the deep end lol.

Pick apart the Bible? I posted a link to the entire story, nothing was nit-picked. It's a fact that the Bible tells the story of a priest trying to force a miscarriage, you don't like it, I don't like it, but it says it. There's zero doubt about that.

I haven't gone off the deep end. You are the one bringing extraneous bs into the conversation (specifically...WE MUST HAVE ABORTION FOR THE POOR RAPED CHILDREN AND FOR THE MOTHERS OF THE TERRIBLE KILLER BABIES WHO WILL DIE, DIE WITHOUT LEGALIZED BABY KILLING!" Talk about off the deep end.

But I understand, you have nothing else, no other justification.

And that is why your side always goes to the OT, you think that your slant on it has some bearing on reality and will distract from the fact that there's no reason for legalized abortion. It was legalized based upon a lie and against the will of the people, and there's absolutely no use for it. It's had a 49 year run and has cured absolutely none of the ills it was allegedly supposed to address.

Get over it and move on. Maybe you can support an industry that kills kittens and puppies, instead of human babies. Try PETA.

I haven't gone off the deep end. You are the one bringing extraneous bs into the conversation (specifically...WE MUST HAVE ABORTION FOR THE POOR RAPED CHILDREN AND FOR THE MOTHERS OF THE TERRIBLE KILLER BABIES WHO WILL DIE, DIE WITHOUT LEGALIZED BABY KILLING!" Talk about off the deep end.

But I understand, you have nothing else, no other justification.

And that is why your side always goes to the OT, you think that your slant on it has some bearing on reality and will distract from the fact that there's no reason for legalized abortion. It was legalized based upon a lie and against the will of the people, and there's absolutely no use for it. It's had a 49 year run and has cured absolutely none of the ills it was allegedly supposed to address.

Get over it and move on. Maybe you can support an industry that kills kittens and puppies, instead of human babies. Try PETA.

I never said a word about rape, so there's the first time you were wrong in this post. So that was you going off the deep end in your own post trying to paint me as the one doing so.

A dumb assumption, like all your posts are. My justification is (like your Bible) I don't think i distinguish it as a fetus up to a certain point, then a baby. And I don't want government telling women what to do with their bodies. So there's the 2nd time you were wrong in your post.

It's not a slant, anyone with a brain and the lowest level of common sense can see the priest is trying to perform an abortion. You can keep denying the sky is blue, but that's not going to change the words in the Bible. So that's the 3rd time you were wrong here.

So you were wrong 3 times in one post, you kept in under 5 kudos. I didn't even address your going off the deep end, psychotic emotional ranting in the post. But it's all you've got, if you went around adopting children I would respect your hoiler than thou position and give you kudos, instead you think shouting your way to holiness is best option.

Who said anything about telling women what to do with their own bodies? They can do anything they want with them...except kill others.

That's where the line is drawn.

Who said anything about telling women what to do with their own bodies? They can do anything they want with them...except kill others.

I see, you'll address one thing at a time, that's fine.

Now please tell me where I've ever promoted infanticide, which is I assume abortion.

This should be fun.

Good for you, I'm sure it was very helpful to them and to PP to shuttle them quickly off to the clinic to scrape their uteruses rather than contact law enforcement, their parents, or provide them with any positive or meaningful assistance.

Incidentally, I work in the field too, dumbass. And not as some retarded volunteer. I actually am trained and paid to do what I do with DV victims.

Retarded volunteer? That's how you talk about people giving their time to charity?

Okie dokie, I apologize to the board for giving this kid the benefit of the doubt.

:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

Apology accepted.

Go, and sing no more.

Go, and sign no more.

.............. /sigh

See how easy it is to change the meaning of a sentence. ;)

Now please tell me where I've ever promoted infanticide, which is I assume abortion.

This should be fun.

Defending it publicly on a message board is promoting it.

Did you read her retarded post?

So that excuses calling volunteers retarded?

Then a couple posts after that one you rationalized why you think volunteers are retarded.

BDBoop has you labeled correctly, I hope for those around you's sake that it's just a message board schtick and you aren't really like this in the real world.

People who comport themselves as s/h/it Kosher does are not believable as "professionals." She'll have to come up with another cover story.

There's a guy on another board, swearing he's a multi-millionaire attorney - talks just like her, plus doesn't use any punctuation. Dude. I will N*E*V*E*R believe you are anybody in real life.

Kosher is nothing but a posturing hack, just like most every other hack on this board.

This should be fun.

Defending it publicly on a message board is promoting it.

Defending something is promoting it? That's quite a leap.

Here's a fact, I want zero abortions, you want zero abortions, how about constructively using our agreement on that view rather than pathetically tearing down everyone who dares disagree with you?

Forum List

Back