A question for the pro-abortion aka pro-choice crowd

Look at your link, it shows certain birth controls to be over 99% effective rate. Combine that with a condom and not going inside and that would be at or very close to 99.99% effective when all 3 are administered.

99.95 is the highest. Did you notice the stats for tubal ligation and vasectomy? I seriously doubt that doubling- or tripling-down on what you use is going to be more effective than getting spayed or neutered.

99.99% and 99.95% is kind of splitting hairs by pointing out the differences.

I'm on your side on the issue of abortion, but i do think a lot of these pregnancies can be easily prevented either by better education or just the application of common sense.

Which does NOT equal "And therefore, 'Any woman in this day and age that ends up with an unwanted pregnancy is just completely irresponsible or an idiot.'"

99.95 is the highest. Did you notice the stats for tubal ligation and vasectomy? I seriously doubt that doubling- or tripling-down on what you use is going to be more effective than getting spayed or neutered.

99.99% and 99.95% is kind of splitting hairs by pointing out the differences.

I'm on your side on the issue of abortion, but i do think a lot of these pregnancies can be easily prevented either by better education or just the application of common sense.

Which does NOT equal "And therefore, 'Any woman in this day and age that ends up with an unwanted pregnancy is just completely irresponsible or an idiot.'"

I agree.

Or a slut, etc.

Nobody is perfect, and as you said, neither are preventative measures.

Ephesians 5:23 (Whole Chapter)

Still not a Gospel. We're talking about what Jesus said, not what an Apostle said.

I told you that it is NT, not Gospel, I was mistaken.
Now, a short while ago, you were going on about how bad it was to "dominate" a marriage. I have given you Biblical quotes, demonstrating that "dominate" does not mean "domineering". Suddenly, you are all quiet on that. Please feel free to go to the quran and do a search on "wife" and see if there is anything that compares to the following verses.

Genesis 2:24 (Whole Chapter)
Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.
Genesis 3:15
Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.
Proverbs 18:22 (Whole Chapter)
Whoso findeth a wife findeth a good thing, and obtaineth favour of the LORD.
Proverbs 19:14 (Whole Chapter)
House and riches are the inheritance of fathers: and a prudent wife is from the LORD.
Ecclesiastes 9:9 (Whole Chapter)
Live joyfully with the wife whom thou lovest all the days of the life of thy vanity, which he hath given thee under the sun, all the days of thy vanity: for that is thy portion in this life, and in thy labour which thou takest under the sun.

1 Corinthians 7:3 (Whole Chapter)
Let the husband render unto the wife due benevolence: and likewise also the wife unto the husband.
1 Corinthians 7:4 (Whole Chapter)
The wife hath not power of her own body, but the husband: and likewise also the husband hath not power of his own body, but the wife.

1 Corinthians 7:14 (Whole Chapter)
For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband: else were your children unclean; but now are they holy.

Ephesians 5:23 (Whole Chapter)
For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.

Ephesians 5:28 (Whole Chapter)
So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself.
Ephesians 5:31 (Whole Chapter)
For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.

Ephesians 5:33 (Whole Chapter)
Nevertheless let every one of you in particular so love his wife even as himself; and the wife see that she reverence her husband.
1 Peter 3:7 (Whole Chapter)
Likewise, ye husbands, dwell with them according to knowledge, giving honour unto the wife, as unto the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life; that your prayers be not hindered.

Very well. I take it you can't find a passage in which Jesus is reported to have said that the man is the head of the woman as he is head of the Church (actually, I don't think he said that he was the head of the Church).

Now, a short while ago, you were going on about how bad it was to "dominate" a marriage. I have given you Biblical quotes, demonstrating that "dominate" does not mean "domineering". Suddenly, you are all quiet on that.

I said what I felt needed saying on it: that female subordination is wrong, and that admonitions for men to be kindly masters do not make it right any more than admonitions for slaveowners to be kindly masters made slavery right.

Please feel free to go to the quran and do a search on "wife" and see if there is anything that compares to the following verses.

Why would I do that? I am not a Muslim, and don't consider Islam any better than Christianity on the subject of gender equality.

Very well. I take it you can't find a passage in which Jesus is reported to have said that the man is the head of the woman as he is head of the Church (actually, I don't think he said that he was the head of the Church).

Now, a short while ago, you were going on about how bad it was to "dominate" a marriage. I have given you Biblical quotes, demonstrating that "dominate" does not mean "domineering". Suddenly, you are all quiet on that.

I said what I felt needed saying on it: that female subordination is wrong, and that admonitions for men to be kindly masters do not make it right any more than admonitions for slaveowners to be kindly masters made slavery right.

Please feel free to go to the quran and do a search on "wife" and see if there is anything that compares to the following verses.

Why would I do that? I am not a Muslim, and don't consider Islam any better than Christianity on the subject of gender equality.

Good job, your views have not changed with new information!

Good job, your views have not changed with new information!

Quit being an ass. You haven't provided any new information that was remotely pertinent. You presented a whole bunch of Biblical citations, which mean absolutely nothing to me, as I'm not a Christian and don't consider them authoritative. You've shown that male-dominant is not automatically the same as man-as-brutal-pig, which does not change my belief that male-dominant is wrong in itself -- and NOT just because it empowers men to be brutal pigs.

It's not enough just to provide new information. You have to provide new information that has any bearing on the question. You have not.

Why do women abort their babies?

I understand there may be an ample number of reasons, but what, in your opinion would be the concensus?

I think it's purely for selfish reasons for the most part.

Your thoughts.

i wish you would change the title of this thread
i know plenty of PRO CHOICE folks but dont see any PRO ABORTION posters here
they are two differant animals .

Why do women abort their babies?

I understand there may be an ample number of reasons, but what, in your opinion would be the concensus?

I think it's purely for selfish reasons for the most part.

Your thoughts.

Actually, for the most part, probably right.

But most of what people do is for selfish reasons, so I'm not sure what your complaint is here.

Knew a gal once who got pregnant to try to force her boyfriend to marry her, and got an abortion when he didn't play along. And then a year later, they got back together and she tried the same stunt. "Oooopsie, forgot to take my pills!"

Not happy that we have so many abortions, and I think everyone would agree it would be nice if we had less of them.

All that said, as a practical matter, outlawing abortion would be impossible. We can't make the laws against drugs or prostitution stick. How could we make this one work?

For those on the right, as long as you oppose family and medical leave, socialized health care, etc. as impositions of a nanny state, then you should expect some people to choose abortion.

I can not beileve teen age girls still get pregnant in the numbers they do. Birth control is laying around on almost every street coner in the US. We should be teaching young men and women about responsibilty for their own actions not making it easier for them to get abortions.

You realize we're living in the land of "If it feels good, do it", right?

waltky said:
Mississippi Voters To Decide When Life Begins...

130397134946.jpg

Which does not combine well with the typical adolescent sense of invulnerability, which assures them that it could NEVER happen to THEM.

I support it and then again, I don't.

It really depends on the situation. :/
Such as if the baby won't make it or something is wrong with it to where it won't have a life worth living.

As for a teenage pregnancy, thats very debatable.
But birth control should be used in the first place.

Now to get rid of an unwanted pregnancy, I would have to say no.
Thats not an excuse, proper contraception should be used.

Dad Confronts Abortion Protesters - YouTube

But it's human nature to have sex for the pleasure. You can't really blame anyone for wanting to do what is simply human nature. :/

Really? So you don't blame obese people who stuff themselves endlessly because food and eating are pleasurable? In what other area of life besides sex do you say, "It feels good, so I don't blame people for a lack of self-control and responsibility?"

Very much female? Is that like being a little bit pregnant? I mean, you either are or you aren't. Silly goose.

Ah no, some women are considered more feminine or 'girly' than others, so no, it's nothing at all like a 'little bit pregnant'. Silly goose.

Funny that. If you were 'ever so feminine' why oh why did I think you were male?

Cause you're an idiot??? :eusa_shhh:

Ah no, some women are considered more feminine or 'girly' than others, so no, it's nothing at all like a 'little bit pregnant'. Silly goose.

Funny that. If you were 'ever so feminine' why oh why did I think you were male?

Cause you're an idiot??? :eusa_shhh:

Meh. Work harder. Your insults give new meaning to the word "weak." Or maybe just too much time has elapsed. Do you only post here when you're on work release?

Such as if the baby won't make it or something is wrong with it to where it won't have a life worth living.

But it's human nature to have sex for the pleasure. You can't really blame anyone for wanting to do what is simply human nature. :/

Really? So you don't blame obese people who stuff themselves endlessly because food and eating are pleasurable? In what other area of life besides sex do you say, "It feels good, so I don't blame people for a lack of self-control and responsibility?"

My sex drive is a hell lot different than my appetitie for food.
Sorry if yours isn't.

Not eating healthy and not having safe sex are both errors in judgement. That's a good comparison, there are parallels.

Just like another parallel, someone's choice to eat Mcdonald's and someone's choice to have an abortion shouldn't be taken away.

Not eating healthy and not having safe sex are both errors in judgement. That's a good comparison, there are parallels.

Just like another parallel, someone's choice to eat Mcdonald's and someone's choice to have an abortion shouldn't be taken away.

Except that when chosing where and what to eat, you're only affecting your own life, and when aborting a child, you're ending their life. Sorry, but your parallel does not work.

Except that when chosing where and what to eat, you're only affecting your own life, and when aborting a child, you're ending their life. Sorry, but your parallel does not work.

Hence the fundamental disagreement as to when life begins.

There's only a question about when it begins when you feel the need to rationalize ending it. :eusa_shhh:

There's only a question about when it begins when you feel the need to rationalize ending it. :eusa_shhh:

That's a lie of course, but it's not one I expect you to stop repeating.

Forum List

Back