A question for the pro-abortion aka pro-choice crowd

I support it and then again, I don't.

It really depends on the situation. :/
Such as if the baby won't make it or something is wrong with it to where it won't have a life worth living.

As for a teenage pregnancy, thats very debatable.
But birth control should be used in the first place.

Now to get rid of an unwanted pregnancy, I would have to say no.
Thats not an excuse, proper contraception should be used.

Dad Confronts Abortion Protesters - YouTube

But it's human nature to have sex for the pleasure. You can't really blame anyone for wanting to do what is simply human nature. :/

Really? So you don't blame obese people who stuff themselves endlessly because food and eating are pleasurable? In what other area of life besides sex do you say, "It feels good, so I don't blame people for a lack of self-control and responsibility?"

Not eating healthy and not having safe sex are both errors in judgement. That's a good comparison, there are parallels.

Just like another parallel, someone's choice to eat Mcdonald's and someone's choice to have an abortion shouldn't be taken away.

Sorry, but eating a Big Mac and killing another human being are not comparable, and it's repulsive that anyone could be such a cold, amoral, evil bastard as to even suggest it.

Really? So you don't blame obese people who stuff themselves endlessly because food and eating are pleasurable? In what other area of life besides sex do you say, "It feels good, so I don't blame people for a lack of self-control and responsibility?"

Not eating healthy and not having safe sex are both errors in judgement. That's a good comparison, there are parallels.

Just like another parallel, someone's choice to eat Mcdonald's and someone's choice to have an abortion shouldn't be taken away.

Sorry, but eating a Big Mac and killing another human being are not comparable, and it's repulsive that anyone could be such a cold, amoral, evil bastard as to even suggest it.

You're the one who made the parallel, not myself. Although that was a cute emotional diatribe.

Of course the magnitude of those 2 decisions are in completely different ballparks, I never suggested they were on the same level, that was just the voice in your head of which I can't be held responsible for.

Entering the discussion late........

Why do women abort their babies?

Idk, there may be a lot of reasons. It could be that she doesn't want the baby, she was raped, the fetus is deformed, or the fetus poses a health risk to the mother.

I understand there may be an ample number of reasons, but what, in your opinion would be the concensus?

That they don't want the baby.

I think it's purely for selfish reasons for the most part.

Define "selfish". The fetus posing a health risk to the mother could be called selfish.

Except that when chosing where and what to eat, you're only affecting your own life, and when aborting a child, you're ending their life. Sorry, but your parallel does not work.

Hence the fundamental disagreement as to when life begins.

There's is no fundamental disagreement. There is medical, scientific fact, and there are delusional people who refuse to accept it because it doesn't fit their agenda.

You're the one who made the parallel, not myself. Although that was a cute emotional diatribe.

Of course the magnitude of those 2 decisions are in completely different ballparks, I never suggested they were on the same level, that was just the voice in your head of which I can't be held responsible for.

I made no parallel between eating and killing people. That was all you. My parallel was between eating and screwing, and I feel sorry for you that you think killing people is an intrinsic part of fucking.

Also, I had no diatribe. I made a logical and quite obvious observation. I leave empty emotional rants to liberals, who seem incapable of thinking with their brains instead of their glands. Don't blame me if the logical and obvious about you happens to have negative connotations.

If you "never suggested they were on the same level", may I ask what in the hell you think the word "parallel" MEANS?

Entering the discussion late........

Why do women abort their babies?

Idk, there may be a lot of reasons. It could be that she doesn't want the baby, she was raped, the fetus is deformed, or the fetus poses a health risk to the mother.

I understand there may be an ample number of reasons, but what, in your opinion would be the concensus?

That they don't want the baby.

I think it's purely for selfish reasons for the most part.

Define "selfish". The fetus posing a health risk to the mother could be called selfish.

Insofar as fewer than 1% of all abortions are performed for reasons pertaining to the health and safety of the mother (real, physical health and safety, not "she'll be so bummed about being pregnant"), I'm thinking "selfish" refers to "I'm going to kill you because it's inconvenient for me for you to exist".

I made no parallel between eating and killing people. That was all you. My parallel was between eating and screwing, and I feel sorry for you that you think killing people is an intrinsic part of fucking.

Also, I had no diatribe. I made a logical and quite obvious observation. I leave empty emotional rants to liberals, who seem incapable of thinking with their brains instead of their glands. Don't blame me if the logical and obvious about you happens to have negative connotations.

If you "never suggested they were on the same level", may I ask what in the hell you think the word "parallel" MEANS?

Lol you really can't type a post without going off the emotional deep end? Killing people an intrinsic part of fucking, now I didn't think the emotional diatribe could get any loonier but you've certainly outdone yourself again.

However since you've raised the bar so high, I'm gonna have huge expectations for your reply to this.

Parallel doesn't mean same level sweetheart. There's a parallel between choosing which shoe to put on first left or right and choosing whether to go to war or not, the parallel is they both include a choice. Doesn't have to be on the same level.

Lol you really can't type a post without going off the emotional deep end? Killing people an intrinsic part of fucking, now I didn't think the emotional diatribe could get any loonier but you've certainly outdone yourself again.

However since you've raised the bar so high, I'm gonna have huge expectations for your reply to this.

Parallel doesn't mean same level sweetheart. There's a parallel between choosing which shoe to put on first left or right and choosing whether to go to war or not, the parallel is they both include a choice. Doesn't have to be on the same level.

"LOL" You just can't read anything without projecting your emotionalism into it, can you? You're the one who jumped from sex to killing babies, not me. If you don't like what that reveals about you, that's your problem, not mine.

Parallel (noun) - a : something equal or similar in all essential particulars : counterpart b : similarity, analogue
: a comparison to show resemblance

Parallel (adjective) - a : extending in the same direction, everywhere equidistant, and not meeting <parallel rows of trees> b : everywhere equally distant <concentric spheres are parallel>
a (1) : similar, analogous, or interdependent in tendency or development (2) : exhibiting parallelism in form, function, or development <parallel evolution> b : readily compared : companion c : having identical syntactical elements in corresponding positions

Parallel (verb): to indicate analogy of : compare
2a : to show something equal to : match b : to correspond to

And, just for completeness:

Analogy - 1: inference that if two or more things agree with one another in some respects they will probably agree in others
2a : resemblance in some particulars between things otherwise unlike : similarity b : comparison based on such resemblance

Funny, seems like every definition and usage of the word (except the unrelated ones involving computers and tools and such) definitely DOES have that connotation. I'm not seeing one that goes along with "two things that aren't at all alike". But then, I can read.

There is no "parallel" between innocuous and everyday, and momentous, except to illiterates who don't know what "parallel" means. You might as well tell us there's a parallel because both actions are taking place on Planet Earth.

Reproductive choice is a difficult topic and one I tend to stay away from. Both sides lose it to emotionalism.

I don't have a pony in the show. Never had an unwanted pregnancy or worried about getting pregnant. I never trusted a man to take precautions, so I always did.

Last edited:

"LOL" You just can't read anything without projecting your emotionalism into it, can you? You're the one who jumped from sex to killing babies, not me. If you don't like what that reveals about you, that's your problem, not mine.

Parallel (noun) - a : something equal or similar in all essential particulars : counterpart b : similarity, analogue

Parallel (adjective) - a : extending in the same direction, everywhere equidistant, and not meeting <parallel rows of trees> b : everywhere equally distant <concentric spheres are parallel>
a (1) : similar, analogous, or interdependent in tendency or development (2) : exhibiting parallelism in form, function, or development <parallel evolution> b : readily compared : companion c : having identical syntactical elements in corresponding positions

Analogy - 1: inference that if two or more things agree with one another in some respects they will probably agree in others
2a : resemblance in some particulars between things otherwise unlike : similarity b : comparison based on such resemblance

Funny, seems like every definition and usage of the word (except the unrelated ones involving computers and tools and such) definitely DOES have that connotation. I'm not seeing one that goes along with "two things that aren't at all alike". But then, I can read.

There is no "parallel" between innocuous and everyday, and momentous, except to illiterates who don't know what "parallel" means. You might as well tell us there's a parallel because both actions are taking place on Planet Earth.

No it doesn't have that connotation.

Equal to, meaning they're both choices, like i've already started. Both hypotheticals I laid out have a similarity in that they have choices, both have a match in terms of them both having a choice to be made.

Let me dumb it down even more.

Remember in elementary math class when something was described as parallel and you saw 2 lines on a plane? Did the distance between the lines make them more or less parallel? No of course not.

I'd avoid the English language debate, go back to telling everyone they're pro-infanticide, want all babies dead, etc. You're better at the emotional diatribe, and far more entertaining when you're doing that.

Reproductive choice is a difficult topic and one I tend to stay away from. Both sides lose it to emotionalism.

I don't have a pony in the show. Never had an unwanted pregnancy or worried about getting pregnant. I never trusted a man to take precautions, so I always did.

Neither side is more moral than the other, or holier than thou.

A lot on both sides pretend to be, but that's not the case.

I agree.

I agree.

It's simply a poiltical issue.

I'm anti-war, but I don't assume everyone who favors a particular war is pro-killing thousands and thousands of people, because they view it differently.

Just like people who are pro-life should realize that others have a different view in terms of when life begins, so being pro-choice doesn't make you pro-abortion or pro-death or whatever emotion-based term gets thrown out.

Equal to, meaning they're both choices, like i've already started. Both hypotheticals I laid out have a similarity in that they have choices, both have a match in terms of them both having a choice to be made.

Remember in elementary math class when something was described as parallel and you saw 2 lines on a plane? Did the distance between the lines make them more or less parallel? No of course not.

I'd avoid the English language debate, go back to telling everyone they're pro-infanticide, want all babies dead, etc. You're better at the emotional diatribe, and far more entertaining when you're doing that.

Yeah, Noah Webster, "similar" doesn't mean "the same". And math DEFINITELY has something to do with discussing comparisons.

I'd avoid any debate if this is the grasp of English you've got. Take up knitting. You got thanked by Sky Dancer. That's gotta be humiliating.

I'm sure that's a comforting thought to someone trying desperately to rationalize killing babies. Truly, your only hope is if there's no morality at all, huh?

Yeah, Noah Webster, "similar" doesn't mean "the same". And math DEFINITELY has something to do with discussing comparisons.

I'd avoid any debate if this is the grasp of English you've got. Take up knitting. You got thanked by Sky Dancer. That's gotta be humiliating.

Back at cha. I just thanked you.:eusa_drool:

I'm sure that's a comforting thought to someone trying desperately to rationalize killing babies. Truly, your only hope is if there's no morality at all, huh?

Overly emotional post. Big surprise. Exaggerated as usual.

Sky: Nice try, twat.

As a spokeperson for the anti-choice crowd, you suck. No reason, in your argument, just pure unadulterated, exaggerated emotion. I bet you blow up Planned Parenthood in your spare time, Mrs Randall Terry.

"I want you to just let a wave of intolerance wash over you... I want you to let a wave of hatred wash over you. Yes, hate is good... Our goal is a Christian nation. We have a biblical duty, we are called by God, to conquer this country. We don't want equal time. We don't want pluralism." Randall Terry, Operation Rescue, August 16, 1993.

Last edited:

Similar in that both instances have a choice to be made.

I tried dumbing it down as far as I could, I don't know how to make it any more obvious.

Forum List

Back