A question for the pro-abortion aka pro-choice crowd

Your argument doesn't make any sense. How can you be anti-war and pro-abortion then? You're against killing human life in one, but okay with it in the other. It's a reciprocal relationship, can't go one way without going the other. Hypocrisy works both ways.

Because, like i said 100 pages ago and have repeated ad nauseum, I don't view the fetus as human life until a certain point. I agree with the vast majority of americans that abortions should be legal in some instances and I agree with the law.

So, what is it if it isn't human life? :lol: As has been argued ad nauseum, it's an early stage of human life, but it's still human life. If it's not human life, then there's no reason to abort it, since a human wouldn't result, right? :cuckoo:

It's a convenient cliche for you to use, if you value human life, then you wouldn't agree that abortion should be a choice. You're a hypocrit.

It's not life at all. It's a fetus, a collection of cells and tissue. If it were human life you'd see funerals, obituaries, etc for whenever a woman has an early miscarriage, do you ever see that? No. Do you see those things every time a born baby dies? Yes. So almost no one views them the same, but ppl like you pretend to cuz it gives you the holier than thou feeling that you feel is necessary to have.

Well I'm not, which is obvious to anyone with an open mind.

Pro-life and pro-war, there's certainly no hypocrisy in there. You've certainly got it all figured out.

Because, like i said 100 pages ago and have repeated ad nauseum, I don't view the fetus as human life until a certain point. I agree with the vast majority of americans that abortions should be legal in some instances and I agree with the law.

So, what is it if it isn't human life? :lol: As has been argued ad nauseum, it's an early stage of human life, but it's still human life. If it's not human life, then there's no reason to abort it, since a human wouldn't result, right? :cuckoo:

It's a convenient cliche for you to use, if you value human life, then you wouldn't agree that abortion should be a choice. You're a hypocrit.

It's not life at all. It's a fetus, a collection of cells and tissue. If it were human life you'd see funerals, obituaries, etc for whenever a woman has an early miscarriage, do you ever see that? No. Do you see those things every time a born baby dies? Yes. So almost no one views them the same, but ppl like you pretend to cuz it gives you the holier than thou feeling that you feel is necessary to have.

Pro-life and pro-war, there's certainly no hypocrisy in there. You've certainly got it all figured out.

If it's not a life, then there's no need to abort it. It's a simple concept, but I understand why it eludes you. :razz:

Who's pro war?

If it's not a life, then there's no need to abort it. It's a simple concept, but I understand why it eludes you. :razz:

Who's pro war?

I'm glad you avoided the funeral/obituary point, that one can't be talked around.

Ppl abort an early term fetus so it doesn't become life, I agree it is a very simple concept, but ppl but themselves in these black and white worlds where they assume everyone sees things the exact same was as themself. A very ignorant way to go about it, but as you see it's very prevalent in this thread.

People who advocate for more war or talk glowingly about war.

It's not life at all. It's a fetus, a collection of cells and tissue.

Dr. D, you're falling into a semantic trap here. It IS life. A fetus, a collection of cells and tissues, that constitutes life. The mistake being made is that "life," or even "human life," isn't the important consideration. The important consideration is whether a person is being killed.

A slime mold is life.
Bacteria are life.
When you step on a cockroach and kill it, you've destroyed life.
When you weed your garden, you're destroying life.
Every time you eat a meal, you're destroying life (by proxy).

Of course, none of those things are human life, but it's easy to show that "destroying human life" isn't a problem, either.

If you cut yourself shaving, you are destroying human life.
The police who beat and mace protesters are destroying human life.
Every month, every non-pregnant woman of childbearing age flushes human life down the toilet.
Every time a man ejaculates, countless cells of human life are destroyed, even if one of them fertilizes an ovum.

Of course an embryo/fetus is "human life." The proper response to this is not to stomp your foot and insist that it isn't (for one thing, you're wrong about that). It's to say, "So what?"

Is it a person? That's what matters.

It's not life at all. It's a fetus, a collection of cells and tissue.

Dr. D, you're falling into a semantic trap here. It IS life. A fetus, a collection of cells and tissues, that constitutes life. The mistake being made is that "life," or even "human life," isn't the important consideration. The important consideration is whether a person is being killed.

A slime mold is life.
Bacteria are life.
When you step on a cockroach and kill it, you've destroyed life.
When you weed your garden, you're destroying life.
Every time you eat a meal, you're destroying life (by proxy).

Of course, none of those things are human life, but it's easy to show that "destroying human life" isn't a problem, either.

If you cut yourself shaving, you are destroying human life.
The police who beat and mace protesters are destroying human life.
Every month, every non-pregnant woman of childbearing age flushes human life down the toilet.
Every time a man ejaculates, countless cells of human life are destroyed, even if one of them fertilizes an ovum.

Of course an embryo/fetus is "human life." The proper response to this is not to stomp your foot and insist that it isn't (for one thing, you're wrong about that). It's to say, "So what?"

Is it a person? That's what matters.

Meh, I'm not worried about scoring points on a word game.

the only word game is the one you're playing, pretending that "life" means something other than what it does, and "baby" means something other than what it is, and "fetus" magically makes a baby a non-human, non-living creature.

If you don't like the word games, you probably shouldn't play them, and just say what you mean. You're okay with killing for convenience.

the only word game is the one you're playing, pretending that "life" means something other than what it does, and "baby" means something other than what it is, and "fetus" magically makes a baby a non-human, non-living creature.

If you don't like the word games, you probably shouldn't play them, and just say what you mean. You're okay with killing for convenience.

That's the story you have going on in your head, and just like in the age of the earth discussion, no number of facts will change your mind.

If I were big into emotional diatribe like you are, I could say you approving of a war means you're in favor of killing for convenience. However since I don't get crazy emotional about political issues and realize people view things differently, you don't get all that emotional diatribe out of me.

You're painfully stupid.

I submit.

Your posts are always full of nothing but intellect and well thought out rationale.

I often times mistake you for a rocket scientist I must admit.

The best aspect of your intellect is your ability to reason, and you can expand your thoughts into giving you an ability to see things from other perspectives.

For that we should all admire you.

Who's pro war?

I'm glad you avoided the funeral/obituary point, that one can't be talked around.

Ppl abort an early term fetus so it doesn't become life, I agree it is a very simple concept, but ppl but themselves in these black and white worlds where they assume everyone sees things the exact same was as themself. A very ignorant way to go about it, but as you see it's very prevalent in this thread.

Avoided the funeral/obituary point? :lol: It was so silly that I just wrote it off as unimportant.

When does it become a 'life' within your definition exactly? Do you have children of your own? How old are you?

And speaking of someone thinking that everyone sees things as they do, it's a bit ironic for you to mention, don't you think? I don't exactly see you looking at the subject any differently than what you had already come up with in your own mind at the beginning.

Like I said, who would that be?

You're painfully stupid.

I submit.

Your posts are always full of nothing but intellect and well thought out rationale.

The best aspect of your intellect is your ability to reason, and you can expand your thoughts into giving you an ability to see things from other perspectives.

I don't require the admiration of retards.

I simply point out that you are too stupid to argue with. You consistently exemplify the very things you claim to find reprehensible. What on earth can a person of reasonable intellect do with someone like that?

Not a thing, except acknowledge that sometimes, with the chronically stupid and willfully ignorant, there's really nothing TO do, and no point in wasting time or thought on argument. You certainly don't waste any on your end...

Who's pro war?

Avoided the funeral/obituary point? :lol: It was so silly that I just wrote it off as unimportant.

When does it become a 'life' within your definition exactly? Do you have children of your own? How old are you?

And speaking of someone thinking that everyone sees things as they do, it's a bit ironic for you to mention, don't you think? I don't exactly see you looking at the subject any differently than what you had already come up with in your own mind at the beginning.

Like I said, who would that be?

Lol yeah sure you wrote it off as silly, even though it makes perfect sense. Why aren't there funerals for early term miscarriages but there are for babies? Cuz the overwhelming majority of ppl in society don't view it as the same. It's that simple.

I would say they shouldn't be done in 99.9999% of cases after 4 months into the pregnancy.

I can see your perspective, I can see how you see it different than me. I have no moral or intellectual issue with someone being pro-life despite me being pro-choice. It's the childish hypociritical emotional diatribe of certain (not all) pro-lifers who are incapable of entertaining the possibility that ppl may have a different perspective than them.

I didn't argue with him. I pointed out that he's an idiot when it became obvious it was pointless to argue.

That's not an argument, it's an observation.

A different perspective is still wrong if it includes the justification of murder and oppression.

Which abortion does.

You're painfully stupid.

I submit.

I don't require the admiration of retards.

I simply point out that you are too stupid to argue with. You consistently exemplify the very things you claim to find reprehensible. What on earth can a person of reasonable intellect do with someone like that?

Not a thing, except acknowledge that sometimes, with the chronically stupid and willfully ignorant, there's really nothing TO do, and no point in wasting time or thought on argument. You certainly don't waste any on your end...

I submit again.

I'm too stupid to argue with and waste time with and how do you show it? By arguing with me and wasting time with me.

You win again, sheesh I'm 0 for 2!!!

That's the story you have going on in your head, and just like in the age of the earth discussion, no number of facts will change your mind.

If I were big into emotional diatribe like you are, I could say you approving of a war means you're in favor of killing for convenience. However since I don't get crazy emotional about political issues and realize people view things differently, you don't get all that emotional diatribe out of me.

Thank you for showing us what an emotional diatribe is, via your rant about emotional diatribe.

Moron.

A different perspective is still wrong if it includes the justification of murder and oppression.

Which abortion does.

No it doesn't. It doesn't justify murder because an embryo is not a person, and it doesn't justify oppression but rather helps to alleviate it.

No, it doesn't. Thank you for perpetrating lies as if they are true.

Child abuse, neglect, abandonment, infanticide, single parenthood, teen pregnancy...all have increased exponentially since the legalization of abortion.

Thank you for showing us what an emotional diatribe is, via your rant about emotional diatribe.

Moron.

Emotional diabtribe examples are from the loons talking about infanticide, pro-baby killing, bla bla bla, I'm sure you're familiar.

Here's me providing my emotional diatribe in your opinion:

"I see and respect your position, but disagree with it."

Forum List

Back