Abortion was 50/50. Now it is quicksand.

SO SAYS POLITICO.

• So in other words, you want politicians to follow the things that POLL WELL, regardless of whether they are right or wrong?

• ITMT, the Republicans (actually the SCOTUS which simply adhered to the law) didn't do a thing to abortion, they simply return the right to control it to each state's local authority so that the people of each state have a greater say in both their government as well as an important issue.

Just too bad most democrats are too stupid and misinformed to get it.
Except now the antiabortion crowd is trying for a back door ban on abortion by calling the most used method dangerous and improperly tested even though it's been safely used over 5 million times

Oh so now you are saying that the person has to consent--that is a novel approach. Do you know what a living will/ADVANCE DIRECTIVE is and how they work? Quite different from murder for convenience.
nice how you didn't quote my entire response.

If there isn't a living will then the family along with their doctor can decide.

Except now the antiabortion crowd is trying for a back door ban on abortion by calling the most used method dangerous and improperly tested even though it's been safely used over 5 million times
Sixty-four million innocent lives have been taken since RvW. Safe for whom?

Six in 10 voters support legal abortion in most cases. Just over a third want it to be entirely or mostly illegal, according to politico.
I can't say about that other than to add that ultimately, abortion is a medical procedure best left in the hands of whoever's body is involved, and I can think of no other legal, safe medical procedure that is federally banned. That is almost as bad as the fed giving a blanket approval.

Abortion should be a last resort saved for the most medically-necessary situations where the life of the mother is involved or the baby suffers some horrible condition, really, the decision of the parents, but if the parents cannot be dissuaded, kept to the first 15-25 weeks of gestation before the fetus develops a functioning nervous system. Aborting a child should never be easy, taken lightly, or done without a lot of due consideration for the alternatives.

Wrong again. Educate yourself. Got any more democrat talking points that you'd like to parrot without substantiation? When does a fetus have a heartbeat? Timing and more

at six weeks of pregnancy, an ultrasound can detect "a little flutter in the area that will become the future heart of the baby," said Dr. Saima Aftab, medical director of the Fetal Care Center at Nicklaus Children's Hospital in Miami. This flutter happens because the group of cells that will become the future "pacemaker" of the heart gain the capacity to fire electrical signals, she said.

But the heart is far from fully formed at this stage, and the "beat" isn't audible; if doctors put a stethoscope up to a woman's belly this early on in her pregnancy, they would not hear a heartbeat, Aftab told Live Science. (What's more, it isn't until the eighth week of pregnancy that the baby is called a fetus; prior to that, it's still considered an embryo,

It's been only in the last few decades that doctors have even been able to detect this flutter at six weeks, thanks to the use of more-sophisticated ultrasound technologies, Aftab said. Previously, the technology wasn't advanced enough to detect the flutter that early on in pregnancy.

Although a lot of weight seems to be put on the detection of this flutter, "by no means does it translate to viability of the heart" or viability of the pregnancy, Aftab said.
The heart still has a lot of development to undergo before it is fully formed. Indeed, the entire first trimester of pregnancy is a time of "organogenesis," or the formation of organs, Aftab said.

After the detection of the flutter at six weeks, the heart muscle continues to develop over the next four to six weeks, undergoing the folding and bending that needs to happen for the heart to take its final shape, Aftab said.

"A lot of the heart development is still ongoing" during the first trimester, she said.

Six in 10 voters support legal abortion in most cases. Just over a third want it to be entirely or mostly illegal, according to politico.
I can't say about that other than to add that ultimately, abortion is a medical procedure best left in the hands of whoever's body is involved, and I can think of no other legal, safe medical procedure that is federally banned. That is almost as bad as the fed giving a blanket approval.

Abortion should be a last resort saved for the most medically-necessary situations where the life of the mother is involved or the baby suffers some horrible condition, really, the decision of the parents, but if the parents cannot be dissuaded, kept to the first 15-25 weeks of gestation before the fetus develops a functioning nervous system. Aborting a child should never be easy, taken lightly, or done without a lot of due consideration for the alternatives.
Most abortions are done via medication now.

And we take people off of ventilators and let them die all the time don't we? Families make the decision every day to end life support for people. I suppose you think they are all murderers too?

There really is no difference between an abortion and the removal of life support
Removing unwanted or unnecessary / futile healthcare is not REMOTELY the same as intentionally killing someone.

SO SAYS POLITICO.

• So in other words, you want politicians to follow the things that POLL WELL, regardless of whether they are right or wrong?

• ITMT, the Republicans (actually the SCOTUS which simply adhered to the law which they are supposed to do) didn't do a thing to abortion, they simply returned the right to control it to each state's local authority so that the people of each state have a greater say in both their government as well as an important issue.

Just too bad most democrats are too stupid and misinformed to get it.

Well perhaps you can explain it. When it comes to pretty much every other issue, the Right champions the intent of the Founders. However, when this nation was founded, Abortion was legal. It wasn’t restricted for the first time until 1850. And then it was only restricted after the “quickening” which was defined as when the Fetus began to kick.

So what was the intent of the Founders?

The practice was widespread at times, when the Women didn’t want to have another child for whatever reason. Perhaps they thought it was too soon, perhaps they thought a lot of things. But it was allowed under Common Law.

So what was the intent of the Founders? Why isn’t that intent important when it comes to Abortion? Why must we decide to put our modern ideals into effect without any consideration of our history, and traditions?

So why is intent of the Founders a vital consideration when discussing firearms? Why was intent of the Founders important when discussing crime, and punishment? Why isn’t it important when discussing Abortion? And why is it that only Abortion must be specifically mentioned in the Constitution?

When discussing Arms, the arms that were common were black powder and muzzle loading. Yet, the suggestion that the Constitution intends only to protect those weapons is derided as a violation of the intent of the Founders. The 2nd Does not address cartridge fired weapons does it? But the intent of the Founders was for people to have access to military grade weapons right? The first and second Militia acts indicate that was the case.

So why not discuss the practice at the time, the common and casual way it was managed, or how it wasn’t viewed as a big deal? We are dedicated to the Intent of the Founders aren’t we?

Well perhaps you can explain it.

Why would you ask me to explain the abortion practices of the 1750s any more than my asking you to explain the KKK slavery practices of the democrat slave owners then? NEITHER has a thing to do with what I said about the SCOTUS properly and lawfully returning control of abortion laws to LOCAL governments where each state's people now have greater access to those MAKING the decisions!

Why would you ask me to explain the abortion practices of the 1750s any more than my asking you to explain the KKK slavery practices of the democrat slave owners then? NEITHER has a thing to do with what I said about the SCOTUS properly and lawfully returning control of abortion laws to LOCAL governments where each state's people now have greater access to those MAKING the decisions!

Why can’t the States ban a religion? Because each individual’s religion is protected by the First Amendment. The idea that the States are good and proper in violating the Constitution is what is really wrong.

As for Democrats and the KKK. Yes it is true. They used to walk hand in hand. It was wrong. But things changed. The Democratic Party moved away from that. They were the party in power that pushed through Civil Rights to the fury of the Conservatives.

You see. Conservatives never want anything to change. They want things to remain as they are. Conservatives in the South wanted to maintain their position of power over what they believed was the inferior race. Liberals always dream and act to make changes for the better.

This goes back to the Founders. At the time of the founding of this nation. At the time of the Revolution. The people backing the English were Conservatives. The rebels were the Liberals of their day. They imagined the impossible. That they could fight and win against the most professional army, and the worlds largest navy, and win.

After the Reagan Revolution when Conservatives switched to the Republican Party, the map swapped. The former Blue States in the south were now Red. And with that swap the KKK swapped too. You blame Democrats for their association with the KKK in the past. Isn’t it just as bad, or even worse, to have the KKK on your side today?

If the association of the KKK is supposed to drive me to hate the Democrats of yesteryear. Then how should I feel about the KKK and Republicans today?

at six weeks of pregnancy, an ultrasound can detect "a little flutter in the area that will become the future heart of the baby," said Dr. Saima Aftab, medical director of the Fetal Care Center at Nicklaus Children's Hospital in Miami. This flutter happens because the group of cells that will become the future "pacemaker" of the heart gain the capacity to fire electrical signals, she said.

But the heart is far from fully formed at this stage, and the "beat" isn't audible; if doctors put a stethoscope up to a woman's belly this early on in her pregnancy, they would not hear a heartbeat, Aftab told Live Science. (What's more, it isn't until the eighth week of pregnancy that the baby is called a fetus; prior to that, it's still considered an embryo,

It's been only in the last few decades that doctors have even been able to detect this flutter at six weeks, thanks to the use of more-sophisticated ultrasound technologies, Aftab said. Previously, the technology wasn't advanced enough to detect the flutter that early on in pregnancy.

Although a lot of weight seems to be put on the detection of this flutter, "by no means does it translate to viability of the heart" or viability of the pregnancy, Aftab said.
The heart still has a lot of development to undergo before it is fully formed. Indeed, the entire first trimester of pregnancy is a time of "organogenesis," or the formation of organs, Aftab said.

After the detection of the flutter at six weeks, the heart muscle continues to develop over the next four to six weeks, undergoing the folding and bending that needs to happen for the heart to take its final shape, Aftab said.

"A lot of the heart development is still ongoing" during the first trimester, she said.

Good for you, I'm glad you read the article. Maybe now you know what a fetal heartbeat is and I am glad that you agree that it is murder.

Yes we all know you are emotional and not thinking rationally. No need to advertise it.
No more emotional than your moronic post about 5 million safe abortions. Please keep up with the discussion or STFU.
Except now the antiabortion crowd is trying for a back door ban on abortion by calling the most used method dangerous and improperly tested even though it's been safely used over 5 million times Blues Man post #461

Why can’t the States ban a religion? Because each individual’s religion is protected by the First Amendment.
What if my religion is Nazism? What if my religion is group sex with boys while sacrificing women at the stake?

You see. Conservatives never want anything to change.
Indeed. I want everything to change. I want everything that Joe Biden has done these past 26 months changed. Can you tell me one GOOD thing he's done to leave in place?

They want things to remain as they are.
Or maybe they just want to leave good things alone and in place rather than change just for the sake of change, changing good things into bad? America was that shining city on the hill that the bad people feared and the good people looked up to for moral guidance and support or to immigrate to. Tell me what was wrong with that again?

Why isn’t it important when discussing Abortion?
Yep, I believe the founders intent was very clear. What don't you understand about this.
Declaration of Independence. "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness"

Yep, I believe the founders intent was very clear. What don't you understand about this.
Declaration of Independence. "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness"

And when they wrote that Abortion was legal. There were no restrictions upon it. A woman could, in the ninth month, abort the fetus legally.

Please cite and link that document.

I’ve posted several links.

Here is another.

So how is it the Founders didn’t ban it immediately if this idea of yours is what they really wanted?

But hey. Let’s see what Ben Franklin had to say about it.

Roe v Ward was always wrong. The death of a human being is not a private decision. And it is not difficult not to have a baby.
What needs to happen is young adults need the fear of God about having kids instilled in them. If you have any doubts at all,. Then avoid having kids. That would be a great help in getting rid of abortion. Instead some of you promote having kids. Why?

Forum List

Back