Accidental gun deaths...505. Accidental Medical deaths, 250,000.

I will agree that "guns are not the issue" to the extent that changing our gun loving culture is the ONLY way to reduce deaths. But the arguments you keep making for MORE guns is not the answer, at all at all at all.
Still waiting for your response.

For every gun used to commit murder each day, 16,000,000 are not.
For every gun used to murder an innocent victim each day, 79,300,000 are not.
Why would a reasoned, knowledgeable, honest person look at this and conclude, or support the conclusion, that the sale of guns should be banned and existing guns should be confiscated?

I will agree that "guns are not the issue" to the extent that changing our gun loving culture is the ONLY way to reduce deaths. But the arguments you keep making for MORE guns is not the answer, at all at all at all.

Why would a reasoned, knowledgeable, honest person look at this and conclude, or support the conclusion, that the sale of guns should be banned and existing guns should be confiscated?
Look, bud, I've tried to respond to your same questions at least twice, and that's actually about enough for me. And I got my understanding of ad hominem from Google to start with, but thanks for trying to help.

We have talked about this before. It is disrespectful to keep bringing up the Nazi victims as deluded people who could have somehow defended themselves from Hitler with handguns. If you aren't a computer generated program, I do wish you would quit throwing that one at me.

You don't like it because it puts in bold relief the stupidity or your position on guns....had the rest of Europe been as well armed as the civilians in Switzerland, the Germans could not have held any of the territory they took...and they could not have murdered 12,000,000 million innocent men, women and children.....

Switzerland was not invaded....they had 435,000 civilians armed with rifles and pistols with orders and the will to resist any invasion......and German did not invade them...

With 10 pistols the Jews in the Warsaw ghetto held off the might of the German occupiers for weeks.......10 pistols.........imagine if the entire civilian population of Poland was as well armed as we are.....there would not have been a Holocaust in Poland...

And that is the truth.

Yes just a few more pistols would have defeated the Germans. :bsflag:

The population of the Warsaw ghetto at the time of the genocide was 400,000.....asswipe.

it only took 435,000 Swiss civilians , armed with rifles and Pistols to keep the Germans from invading and occupying their country....

Imagine 400,000 rifles instead of 10 pistols you moron....

1. 400,000

The ghetto was enclosed by a wall that was over 10 feet high, topped with barbed wire, and closely guarded to prevent movement between the ghetto and the rest of Warsaw. The population of the ghetto, increased by Jews compelled to move in from nearby towns, was estimated to be over 400,000 Jews.

Warsaw ghetto - United States Holocaust Memorial Museum
    https://www.ushmm.org/.../articl...
    United States Holocaust Memorial Museum

Cute, but there are many reasons they did not attack the Swiss. I doubt that is one they even considered.
Actually, even PBS says that was a big reason. Been there and done that one already.

There are many theories on the subject:
Switzerland was no threat to Germany and during this time didn't have much to offer, neither wealth nor resources. But it did have a main trading route to Italy which would stay protected from the allies as long as Switzerland stayed neutral. On top of that it is well known that Swiss banks accepted Nazi gold.

Look, bud, I've tried to respond to your same questions at least twice, and that's actually about enough for me.
Look,. lassie... you haven't even begun to address these questions as they relate to why reasoned, knowledgeable and honest people should/would buy your argument.
Perhaps you fully recognize that your argument rests on emotion, ignorance and/or dishonesty?

You don't like it because it puts in bold relief the stupidity or your position on guns....had the rest of Europe been as well armed as the civilians in Switzerland, the Germans could not have held any of the territory they took...and they could not have murdered 12,000,000 million innocent men, women and children.....

Switzerland was not invaded....they had 435,000 civilians armed with rifles and pistols with orders and the will to resist any invasion......and German did not invade them...

With 10 pistols the Jews in the Warsaw ghetto held off the might of the German occupiers for weeks.......10 pistols.........imagine if the entire civilian population of Poland was as well armed as we are.....there would not have been a Holocaust in Poland...

And that is the truth.

The population of the Warsaw ghetto at the time of the genocide was 400,000.....asswipe.

it only took 435,000 Swiss civilians , armed with rifles and Pistols to keep the Germans from invading and occupying their country....

1. 400,000

The ghetto was enclosed by a wall that was over 10 feet high, topped with barbed wire, and closely guarded to prevent movement between the ghetto and the rest of Warsaw. The population of the ghetto, increased by Jews compelled to move in from nearby towns, was estimated to be over 400,000 Jews.

Cute, but there are many reasons they did not attack the Swiss. I doubt that is one they even considered.
Actually, even PBS says that was a big reason. Been there and done that one already.

Switzerland was no threat to Germany and during this time didn't have much to offer, neither wealth nor resources. But it did have a main trading route to Italy which would stay protected from the allies as long as Switzerland stayed neutral. On top of that it is well known that Swiss banks accepted Nazi gold.
I have always felt the banks had a lot to do with it. And no one knows exactly why Hitler amassed a force to invade them, but never did. There were lots of reasons, no doubt, but the citizenry being armed did factor into it, they say. "They" being reasonable people who don't spend their days dreaming of being an armed Hero.

Look, bud, I've tried to respond to your same questions at least twice, and that's actually about enough for me.
Look,. lassie... you haven't even begun to address these questions as they relate to why reasoned, knowledgeable and honest people should/would buy your argument.
Perhaps you fully recognize that your argument rests on emotion, ignorance and/or dishonesty?
Nope. Just sick of chewing my cabbage twice, thrice.

1. 400,000

I have always felt the banks had a lot to do with it. And no one knows exactly why Hitler amassed a force to invade them, but never did. There were lots of reasons, no doubt, but the citizenry being armed did factor into it, they say. "They" being reasonable people who don't spend their days dreaming of being an armed Hero.

I'm not so sure. Sweden was also not attacked. It certainly was not because of their armed citizenry.

Good to see that we -both- know reasoned, knowledgeable, honest people, looking at the numbers presented here, will neither conclude nor support the conclusion that the sale of guns should be banned and existing guns should be confiscated.

1. 400,000

I'm not so sure. Sweden was also not attacked. It certainly was not because of their armed citizenry.
Why did Hitler not invade Sweden?
May have been their iron, seemingly. I hear ya, and like you I don't think Hitler or the Nazi's were overly feared of the Swiss citizenry. But if you want to take this into more depth, you should really be arguing it with Gun Guy, not me.

Good to see that we -both- know reasoned, knowledgeable, honest people, looking at the numbers presented here, will neither conclude nor support the conclusion that the sale of guns should be banned and existing guns should be confiscated.
Oh, go fry ice.

Oh, go fry ice.
Truth hurts, eh?

Fact is, any reasoned, knowledgeable, honest person, upon seeing the daily % of guns used to commit murder would discard, out of hand, your argument that thee numbers indicate a need to ban the sales of guns and confiscate existing guns.

1 in 76,000,000?
0.0000013%?
And you want to confiscate guns?
:lol:

Many gun owners have hundreds of guns. They have more guns than hands. The number of guns does not matter. Our rates of death compared to other countries is what matters.

Nope......that doesn't matter at all.....normal, law abiding people do not shoot other people...

Britain confiscated their guns.....now only criminals and cops have guns....and their gun murder rate stayed the same...but the gun crime rate did increase last year by 4%....in an island nation....which confiscated civilian guns ....and has extreme gun control for the rich and powerful and their hunting shotguns......

How does their gun crime rate compare to ours?

It was always lower than ours even before they confiscated their guns......they confiscated their guns...and the gun crime rate stayed the same...confiscating guns from people who did not use them to commit crime did not lower the gun crime rate...in fact it went up....then went back to the same level.......

They had a low gun murder rate compared to us long before they confiscated guns.......and our gun murder rate went down as more Americans owned and carried guns....

You mean crime has gone down since the Bill Clinton crime bill.
:udaman::udaman:
I've been trying to point that out to him for ages.

And you have yet to acknowledge that gun ownership went up at the same time and gun murder and gun crime went down at he same time...

Making your whole point about guns being a problem silly.......

1. 400,000

435,000 armed civilians ready to fight any occupation......unlike all the other countries hitler invaded and occupied....

1. 400,000

435,000 armed civilians ready to fight any occupation......unlike all the other countries hitler invaded and occupied....

Yes Russia had millions of armed military.

nobody cares about gun control...........check any poll!!! I can provide by request.........at the very bottom of voters concerns on Pew, Gallup and Rassmussen. Just above it? Climate change btw.............

The two pillars of liberal platforms, the people don't give a shit about!!:eusa_dance::eusa_dance::eusa_dance::2up:

To put a little perspective on the issue of which is more dangerous, guns or Doctors...even if you add intentional, illegal use of guns you get 8,124 gun murders in 2014.........you still don't come anywhere near the danger Doctors pose to their patients...

Blog: Medical errors now the 3rd leading cause of death in the US

A study published in the prominent medical journal BMJ concluded that errors by doctors and hospitals kills more than 250,000 people a year in the US. That's more than strokes, respiratory disease, and Alzheimers.
Need to start regulating who can be doctors.

Nope......that doesn't matter at all.....normal, law abiding people do not shoot other people...

Britain confiscated their guns.....now only criminals and cops have guns....and their gun murder rate stayed the same...but the gun crime rate did increase last year by 4%....in an island nation....which confiscated civilian guns ....and has extreme gun control for the rich and powerful and their hunting shotguns......

It was always lower than ours even before they confiscated their guns......they confiscated their guns...and the gun crime rate stayed the same...confiscating guns from people who did not use them to commit crime did not lower the gun crime rate...in fact it went up....then went back to the same level.......

They had a low gun murder rate compared to us long before they confiscated guns.......and our gun murder rate went down as more Americans owned and carried guns....

And you have yet to acknowledge that gun ownership went up at the same time and gun murder and gun crime went down at he same time...

Hey dummy.......:bye1::bye1:..........very, very few Americans care about gun control. Do we maybe have a bit of an OCD issue here? Ummmm..........yes, indeed we do!!!:up:

You're a emotional hemophiliac nut like all gun control obsessed >>>

Gallup: Only 4% of Americans Think Gun Control is an Important Problem

Record low #'s of Americans favor hand gun ban (Gallup Oct 2011) - Calguns.net

What The Media Isn't Saying About Support For Stronger Gun Laws

But knock yourself out.............. :spinner:

Hey dummy.......:bye1::bye1:..........very, very few Americans care about gun control. Do we maybe have a bit of an OCD issue here? Ummmm..........yes, indeed we do!!!:up:

You're a emotional hemophiliac nut like all gun control obsessed >>>

Gallup: Only 4% of Americans Think Gun Control is an Important Problem

Record low #'s of Americans favor hand gun ban (Gallup Oct 2011) - Calguns.net

What The Media Isn't Saying About Support For Stronger Gun Laws

But knock yourself out.............. :spinner:
But....but....Obama has been talking gun control for 8 years......and Hillary......one of her top 5 issues.....

Care to quantify that "many"?
Yes, 265 people were shot by kids under the age of 18 in 2015. Or approximately 5 a week. Some resulted in death . Each one of the guns used by kids passed through the hands of an adult. Gun nuts will go through contortions trying to rationalize why this is okay or not a problem, or 265 shootings is a drop in the bucket compared to the number of kids that hit each other with hammers or drown in buckets.

Forum List

Back