Ahmed's "Clock" -- Here's the rest of the story

Isn't it amazing what lengths the RW will go to to discredit a smart kid who happens to be muslim?

What smart kid? He took apart a clock and put it in another case.
I would think even one as stupid as you could accomplish this feat as long as you took pics during the disassembly.
And the discrediting continues. You can't stand that this kid is smart. But don't despair....maybe some day he'll be hiring.

(I'll put it back together in the morning.) This is my alarm clock with a few screws removed. If you will notice it is pretty much exactly the kid's 'invention'. The only real difference is the display is mounted directly to the board on mine rather than attached with a ribbon cable.

View attachment 50537

WireAP_7725507bfe7d4cd98fe61a8406851d34_16x9_1600.jpg

Oh Lordy.... You are saying exactly the same as Here we go again. Look at your alarm clock you disassembled. See how much components and PCB assemblies. Compared that to kids digital clock.
Try to take apart a digital clock see how many PCB assemblies and components. I hope you know the difference between analog and digital.
The other difference compared to yours is the display ( 7 segments) facing inside the case ( not sure why he did that) and yours is facing outside.
Kids alarm clock is very old compared to yours. The flat ribbon cable is the old style compared to directly mounted which use less components. The ribbon cable is plug in to a 64 pins 90 degree angle connector but kid only use 32 pins.

Isn't it amazing what lengths the RW will go to to discredit a smart kid who happens to be muslim?

I would think even one as stupid as you could accomplish this feat as long as you took pics during the disassembly.
He did not just took apart of a clock and put it to another case. Let me educate you AGAIN.
He took and old analog clock technology and he converted it to Digital clock. That is too high of an education for you to grasp.
Look at the way it assembled. The PCB ( dark green rectangular ) that is an analog board and he was able to convert it to create digital (board) clock. Even an highly educated person ( except in the electronics or engineering field) cannot create and put it together. The kid is impressively smart. Do you want me to keep continue educating you?
And he soldered that whole board himself? And he said he did the whole thing in twenty minutes? I have just one question for you. You do realize there is a difference between analog and digital signals and analog and digital clocks, right?

1)There is not a single non-manufacture solder on the thing, and 2) he was lazy and only attached the display with two screws.

I'm not sure where you got that 20 minutes. He probably spend weeks maybe months of research. Comparing the size of the power plug to the size of PCB board is very small. I've seen someone solder CPU 12 times the size of that board so it's not surprising to me. Actually most or all PCB assembly prototypes are hand soldered.
If you look at that OLD analog board. He removed lots of analog components then install few digital parts which barely nothing. That PCB board is very old using a feed thru technology which is no longer manufacture.
Two screws doesn't mean much b/c as long as it work in a project like that will do just fine. Maybe he has to custom made a stand off ( to hold space between the display to the case ). Signals between analog and digital? It's like asking difference between VHS and DVD.
When I saw the board I know exactly what he did. Why do you think he got an invitation to MIT and Mark Z.?
How about we let God judge? You do believe in God, don't you?

I do believe in god but this has nothing to do with gods or beliefs.

(I'll put it back together in the morning.) This is my alarm clock with a few screws removed. If you will notice it is pretty much exactly the kid's 'invention'. The only real difference is the display is mounted directly to the board on mine rather than attached with a ribbon cable.

View attachment 50537

Oh Lordy.... You are saying exactly the same as Here we go again. Look at your alarm clock you disassembled. See how much components and PCB assemblies. Compared that to kids digital clock.
Try to take apart a digital clock see how many PCB assemblies and components. I hope you know the difference between analog and digital.
The other difference compared to yours is the display ( 7 segments) facing inside the case ( not sure why he did that) and yours is facing outside.
Kids alarm clock is very old compared to yours. The flat ribbon cable is the old style compared to directly mounted which use less components. The ribbon cable is plug in to a 64 pins 90 degree angle connector but kid only use 32 pins.
Believing in a false god can sure cloud one's judgement. This is the kid's work environment. His mother probably still cleans his room for him. She definitely picked his curtains.
images

View attachment 50537

WTF difference does it make?
The issue isn't whether the kid deserves a Nobel Prize or not but whether he deserved to be arrested

Do conservatives hate this kid because he is Muslim or because Obama likes him?

I don't hate the kid, I hate leftists and any minorities who whine that this kid is a victim of racism.

I can't be sure if it is racism, ovverreaction to zero tolerance or a combination of both

Either way the kid was the victim
Liberals came up with zero tolerance, glad to see you admit you are racist too.

I don't hate the kid, I hate leftists and any minorities who whine that this kid is a victim of racism.

I can't be sure if it is racism, ovverreaction to zero tolerance or a combination of both

Where did you get the evidence that "liberals came up with zero tolerance"?

I agree.

Zero tolerance means zero common sense

Schools need to use common sense in how they discipline a child. A child with a small knife in his lunch to slice an apple is not the same a s a child with a switchblade

Where did you get the evidence that "liberals came up with zero tolerance"?
Liberals run the education system.

I agree.

Zero tolerance means zero common sense

Schools need to use common sense in how they discipline a child. A child with a small knife in his lunch to slice an apple is not the same a s a child with a switchblade
Well dang I think this is the first time we agree.

He did not just took apart of a clock and put it to another case. Let me educate you AGAIN.
He took and old analog clock technology and he converted it to Digital clock. That is too high of an education for you to grasp.
Look at the way it assembled. The PCB ( dark green rectangular ) that is an analog board and he was able to convert it to create digital (board) clock. Even an highly educated person ( except in the electronics or engineering field) cannot create and put it together. The kid is impressively smart. Do you want me to keep continue educating you?

You might want to consider your own education.
I havent seen that many mangled sentences in one paragraph in my life.

If It Walks Like an Influence Operation…

The more we learn about the facts surrounding the events in Irving, Texas this week, the more it seems we’ve been bamboozled.

The now-universal rendering of the story is that a student named Ahmed Mohamed was wrongly removed from his school in handcuffs for innocently bringing in a homemade “clock.”

The purported injustice of this story – laced with the implication that it all happened because Ahmed is a Muslim – has made him an instant celebrity, winning fawning treatment from MIT to Stephen Colbert to the White House.

The facts, however, suggest this may have been a provocation. For starters, building and bringing to school what sure looked like a trigger for an improvised briefcase bomb would predictably raise an alarm.

It appears, the “clock” Mohamed brought to school this week was not the first of his circuit boards to look ominously like an improvised explosive device trigger. In fact, a photograph of one circulated by the Dallas Morning News was virtually indistinguishable from a circuit board used in a commercially available device used to train law enforcement and military personnel regarding how to identify IEDs.

I called this when I first heard the story. Something seemed off about a Muslim boy building a "clock" and then getting an invitation to Face Book and the White House, and all because he was Muslim.

Many white kids have had their lives ruined by the Zero Tolerance policy, and none of them got this kind of sympathy.
I agree. This incident looks like a setup. A created scenario put forth by Muslim activists in order to garner sympathy for the poor abused and misinterpreted "Religion of Peace"...
And of course representatives of left wing politics in this country are falling over themselves and each other to be the first on record as saying how sorry they are. How wrong thsi country is. And how much a great big hug and of course.....wait for it......an APOLOGY..
Ya know what. Even if this thing this kid allegedly built was a clock, so what? If is was some sort of electronic device that could have caused harm or not is immaterial. It could have been...And here's the hypocrisy of the left. If this were say a white kid that brought to school some kind of computer drawing on how to make a better more efficient method of how to manufacture a timing device that had many uses, the libs would have been all over the media calling for this kid's arrest.
These are the same people who will call the police to rat out their neighbor's kid because he or she wasn't wearing a helmet while riding a bicycle in a cul de sac...
But since this kid is a member of one of liberalism's PC protected classes, of no...we must not bother these poor people....
Hey libbies, go take a flying leap off a tall building.

Forum List

Back