Alcohol kills one person every 10 seconds worldwide: WHO.

Spoonman

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2010
Alcohol deaths dwarf gun deaths yet more effort is spent trying to ban guns, limit guns, limit gun capacities, restrict gun owners rights. how about banning alcohol or limiting the number of drinks you can have or the strength of the drink. lets require a background check to buy alcohol. Think it will fly?

Alcohol kills one person every 10 seconds worldwide: WHO

Alcohol kills one person every 10 seconds worldwide: WHO.

. . . ..Geneva (AFP) - Alcohol kills 3.3 million people worldwide each year, more than AIDS, tuberculosis and violence combined, the World Health Organization said Monday, warning that booze consumption was on the rise.

Including drunk driving, alcohol-induced violence and abuse, and a multitude of diseases and disorders, alcohol causes one in 20 deaths globally every year, the UN health agency said.

"This actually translates into one death every 10 seconds," Shekhar Saxena, who heads the WHO's Mental Health and Substance Abuse department, told reporters in Geneva.

Alcohol caused some 3.3 million deaths in 2012, WHO said, equivalent to 5.9 percent of global deaths (7.6 percent for men and 4.0 percent for women).

If it was up to me, I'd outlaw it. I know that didn't work before, but I'd try it with today's technology and see if we could at least reduce consumption.
Ne er happen, I know, but I'm just saying what I would do.

thank goodness marijuana is illegal

Yeah, at least alcohol users don't water board people in their vicinity with their alcohol the way pot heads blow their drug into others' bodies.

Congratulations, this is the dumbest thing anyone has said on the usmessageboard in a week.

The comparison to guns is in the running ...

Why do the nutters push for banning while saying the left does?

Forum List

Back