America is Great Again.

Okay, so the goal is to convince everyone that I'm a right wing racist?

Naw, guy, you do that when you trot out your Islamophobia and try to pretend it is progressive, because in some countries they have backwards practices.

And when someone points out that a practice like FGM isn't limited to Islam and predates it, you lose your fucking mind that anyone dares challenge your racism!!!
Okay, so I'm right wing racist and Islamophobe, and I'm pompous and think I'm superior to everyone.

Got it. I am truly one horrible human being.

So what is the goal of constantly pointing that out? My guess is that you want me to be so shunned here that I'll stop posting here.

Is that fair? Or is it something I'm missing?

In my estimation, the last time this country was "great' was the nineties.

Peace and prosperity. An exciting time.

And a government governing from the center.

Not a coincidence.

Even by them the idea of an Two Parent Family with One Breadwinner and One Homemaker was out of the reach of most Americans.

We are just getting started.

We need better jobs and wages, faster and more, for a long time to make it back to what I consider, Great.
The culture has changed a lot since the era of the two parent one bread winner family. Perhaps it is because people want to keep up with the jone’s. Two day people strive for a large house with multiple bathrooms and often a separate bedroom for each kid. As a kid in the 70s I remember families living in houses that were generally much smaller. When one parent was the breadwinner, there was generally just one family car. Today people want everything and both parents are willing to work for the stuff. lookout Jone’s.

That is part of it, but wages have stagnated.

My wife talked me into moving to a bigger house.

But we retained the other as a rental property. In the long run we will be ahead, almost certainly.

But I can see how mostly, the constant moving is just a way to make sure you are always broke.
Wages have been stagnate for a lot of people. Also a lot of people have been forced to change careers and settle for lower paying jobs due to the 2008 recession.

The eating out is a real problem, that we constantly fight against.

Hard to find a place that can cook possum properly, Cleetus?
Harder to find a good possum to cook at home and harder to find the time to do it. Used to be the family would all talk over dinner while enjoying possum, biscuits and gravey with a green veggie thrown in to be healthy.

So what is the goal of constantly pointing that out? My guess is that you want me to be so shunned here that I'll stop posting here.

You are missing a lot... but that's besides the point.

Perhaps if you tried being less full of yourself, that'd be a good start.

Okay, what am I missing?

Not a coincidence.

Even by them the idea of an Two Parent Family with One Breadwinner and One Homemaker was out of the reach of most Americans.

We need better jobs and wages, faster and more, for a long time to make it back to what I consider, Great.
The culture has changed a lot since the era of the two parent one bread winner family. Perhaps it is because people want to keep up with the jone’s. Two day people strive for a large house with multiple bathrooms and often a separate bedroom for each kid. As a kid in the 70s I remember families living in houses that were generally much smaller. When one parent was the breadwinner, there was generally just one family car. Today people want everything and both parents are willing to work for the stuff. lookout Jone’s.

As a 70's child myself, I think back to what people spent their money on. You had usually one television set, you had a stereo/ radio, you make food at home and once in a while, went out to see a movie.

Look at our bills today. A cell phone for every member of the family; unlimited data time as well, we have cable or satellite television with hundreds of channels, we have big screen television sets and several video game systems plus all the games that come with them, you have pay-per-view, Netflix and the internet. Many families eat out several times a week if not nearly all week long whereas years ago, fast food was a treat you got three or four times a year.

We cut off our cable years ago, and only have pre paid cell phones, not smart, no data plan.

That may be you but not average America. One of my coworkers can't stay off his phone and the internet. Even though his kids are grown and out of the house, he still supplies them with phones and service. He told me his cell phone bill alone was something like $260.00 a month. Back in the 70's, people didn't spend that kind of money in a years time for entertainment or conveniences. Today most don't think anything of it.

If you and your family eat out 10 times a month and spend around $20.00 each visit, that's $200.00 right there.

It all starts to add up. But let's face it, we're all addicted to our entertainment and conveniences. It's about 15 degrees outside right now, and if I have to go out for anything, I'm not leaving until I remote start my car and let it warm up for about ten minutes.

Okay, what am I missing?

Something I have noticed with dishonest posters, is that they are growing increasingly hesitant to actually, clearly make their point.

As a way to avoid being called on their bullshit.

Okay, what am I missing?

Something I have noticed with dishonest posters, is that they are growing increasingly hesitant to actually, clearly make their point.

As a way to avoid being called on their bullshit.
I strongly suspect Joe would be much more comfy with my posts if I followed his lead and laced them with vulgar personal insults & name-calling, distortions, attacks and hyperbole. But I'm afraid that's just not the way I am. I don't see the point.

So to someone like him, I come off as pompous and superior. Seems to me that's just embarrassment over his own behaviors.

Harder to find a good possum to cook at home and harder to find the time to do it. Used to be the family would all talk over dinner while enjoying possum, biscuits and gravey with a green veggie thrown in to be healthy.

Even families that do have dinner together sit there with their cell phones texting people.

Okay, what am I missing?
It’s not about JoeB being full of himself, it’s about you Mac being full of yourself (sarcastic laughter goes here)!

Even families that do have dinner together sit there with their cell phones texting people.
They have to snap chat pictures of the possum dinner to their friends.

Not a coincidence.

As a 70's child myself, I think back to what people spent their money on. You had usually one television set, you had a stereo/ radio, you make food at home and once in a while, went out to see a movie.

Look at our bills today. A cell phone for every member of the family; unlimited data time as well, we have cable or satellite television with hundreds of channels, we have big screen television sets and several video game systems plus all the games that come with them, you have pay-per-view, Netflix and the internet. Many families eat out several times a week if not nearly all week long whereas years ago, fast food was a treat you got three or four times a year.

We cut off our cable years ago, and only have pre paid cell phones, not smart, no data plan.

That may be you but not average America. One of my coworkers can't stay off his phone and the internet. Even though his kids are grown and out of the house, he still supplies them with phones and service. He told me his cell phone bill alone was something like $260.00 a month. Back in the 70's, people didn't spend that kind of money in a years time for entertainment or conveniences. Today most don't think anything of it.

If you and your family eat out 10 times a month and spend around $20.00 each visit, that's $200.00 right there.

It all starts to add up. But let's face it, we're all addicted to our entertainment and conveniences. It's about 15 degrees outside right now, and if I have to go out for anything, I'm not leaving until I remote start my car and let it warm up for about ten minutes.

I know. My point is that more COULD do it, than we admit to ourselves, and that enabling more to do it, is closer than we think,

if we combine it with some lifestyle changes.

Wow, Ray, I kind of agree with you, we are about that now.

Yet i would argue that the current generation is more stressed out than previous generations, largely due to sensory overload. We eat out because making a home meal is time consuming, and who has time these days?

I know. My point is that more COULD do it, than we admit to ourselves, and that enabling more to do it, is closer than we think,

if we combine it with some lifestyle changes.

We did change, and this is the way we like it good, bad or ugly.

I own rental property in which I live on. When I bought the place nearly 25 years ago, each unit had one car. My parking lot had plenty of room for them and our visitors. This year I'm going to try to expand the parking lot which will cost me a few grand because today, everybody has to have their own car. There are no more parking spaces for visitors so they are now parking on the grass or blocking other tenants in. It's not so bad when it's warm and dry, but not a good thing in this kind of weather.

It's a changing country.

Not a coincidence.
The success of the country does not depend on the federal government, the success of this country is fully dependent on the individual.
The sooner this country realizes that the better, trusting in any sort of collective results in absolute pain, suffering and miserable failure in life’s endeavors... fact

This country was supposed to be a republic made of individuals, not a shit eating democracy that forces every individual to conform to the collective.

Washington is a cesspool of inbred career politicians who can’t make it in the real world, whose jobs are to control other people with Frivolous laws and regulations.

While I did not vote for Donald Trump, I was hoping for some conservative with strong libertarian leanings. He’s president and a flawed human being much like us all, and better than the alternative(Hildabeast LOL). He has no experience in the so call craft of being a career politician, that is 100% a good Thing. After 100+ years of career politicians no sane individual can trust any of them. They are no different than the treaty breakers from the Indian wars before them.
Many progressives believe that Lincoln was a good man and president, the cruelty Lincoln showed the Indian nations is unmatched before and since. Lincoln was absolutely no friend to the American Indian. Lincoln: No Hero to Native Americans

In short, getting along is way overrated, strong competition is always a good thing. Political correctness/affirmative action are for the weak, and everyone getting a participation trophy is always a bad thing.
And fuck this type of thinking...

Thank You President Trump.

Is America Great again? What do you think?

America never stopped being "great".

America went thru a pacifistic stage before until Obama became sucked into Libya and Syria.

American is now going thru an inept loudmouthed blowhard phase with Trump.

Forum List

Back