🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Americans Are Willing to Pay More to Bring Back Manufacturing Jobs

Now I know exactly why you own a home in wrigleyville you are a smart guy on what you did.

Very smart..

If you bleev the Bring Our Jobs Back fools, you'd think a textile worker should be paid 30 dollars an hour.

It's a low tech industry and should be automated or outsourced.

In fact, a lot of jobs that have vanished didn't go overseas. They were automated and are NEVER coming back.

The days of growing up to work in the same factory as your daddy are over. Trump is selling a cocaine-induced fantasy.

We need to be training our kids for the jobs of tomorrow, not the old low-tech jobs of yesterday.
You must have never been in a large warping plant have you ?
Because all jobs are warping jobs?

Hey rdean does hillary have any ideas for education in tech high skilled jobs? Or just university's?

She has some fantastic ideas on how to draw down student debt. The policies are listed on her website and she talks about them in her stump speeches. Not the empty and ridiculous rhetoric of Trump. I still can't believe from the unbelievable things he says that anyone could possibly take him seriously. I think these right wingers just want to make a blow to America's eye. They are looking for damage.

Hey rdean does hillary have any ideas for education in tech high skilled jobs? Or just university's?

I kind of think we both agree on this one Rdean we need way more technical high schools and skilled trade schools like they have in Germany.
Yea, that's the beginning of a good idea.

See, the thing is that technology has become specialized. It's difficult to teach a group specialized technology because it's a huge expenditure for only a limited number of jobs.
What we have to do is get companies more involved and create apprenticeships. That way people can be trained for more specialized posions. The pool of talent ends up with a broader base of training.
Naturally, there will be stand outs and those people will make the bigger bucks based on merit and knowledge.
I worked for a while as a CAD manager. I only held on to the position for as long as I did because it took time to find someone really interested in learning the job beyond just using the CAD program. Someone had to learn file, data and computer model management - individual parts and assemblies, ECR's, ECN's, computer and server maintenance, and everything else related. They did a better job than me because I was also the senior design engineer. I had to work with and train someone for nearly a year until I was asking him questions. I can't tell you how much fun it was working with someone who who saw the job as more than a job. Those are the people who get the good raises.

Damn dude why didn't you tell me this before I would never ever made fun of you...now I know who you really are.
Damn Rdean you are just like me ...

Why didn't you tell us?
I always talk about who I am. I'm not overly proud, but I have worked really hard. I worked hard in the military and I worked hard at college and I worked hard at the company I retired from. I'm also a progressive and a liberal. And those I'm very proud of.

Americans strongly agree with both major presidential candidates about the importance of bringing manufacturing jobs back to the United States and are willing to pay more for consumer goods to make it happen. (To see survey question wording, click here.)

Americans Are Willing to Pay More to Bring Back Manufacturing Jobs - Rasmussen Reports™

But only Trump has a plan to bring those jobs back.

Americans paying more is only part of it. Here is what is also needed.......

- More restrictions/tariffs on imports
- Lower Corporate Taxes
- Less Regulations
- Less Limited Liability
- Less/no artificial wage mandates (e.g. unions and/or government)

Competitive markets globally don't have the level of taxes, regulations, liability, and wage mandates that we do.

More restrictions and tariffs on imports can lead to trade wars- or just higher costs for American consumers. Do you want to pay 30% more for a TV? That is what Donald Trump has proposed.
Lower corporate taxes? Might help
Less Regulations- yes- China does have less regulations.
View attachment 91697The Chinese people pay for less regulations
Eliminating unions? Yep China doesn't allow real organizing.....

Yes- we could be more like China......

Increase tariffs to be on part with our competitors couldn't hurt. What is easier? America selling agriculture and automotives in Japan or Japan selling agriculture and cars in the US? One more thing.......Americans need to take home more of their pay.

How are Americans going to take home more if we raise tariff's on imported goods?
You mean the Americans who are unemployed or underemployed because so many good paying manufacturing jobs have left for China or Mexico? Perhaps you mean the thousands of Americans who will lose their jobs when Ford moves its small car operations to Mexico?

No I mean the vast majority of Americans- the vast majority who don't work in Manufacturing- the poor and middle class who shop at Walmart and Target and Costco- every American will pay thousands of dollars extra if we raise tariffs on imported goods.

So are you personally willing to pay say an additional $1,000 a year- so a man in Iowa can have a manufacturing job in Iowa?

If you are- well good for you.

I am all for more and better paying jobs here in the United States- but higher tariffs that all Americans have to pay- in order to subsidize each and every additional job is not the way to do it.

Americans strongly agree with both major presidential candidates about the importance of bringing manufacturing jobs back to the United States and are willing to pay more for consumer goods to make it happen. (To see survey question wording, click here.)

Americans Are Willing to Pay More to Bring Back Manufacturing Jobs - Rasmussen Reports™

the thing is, we aren't a manufacturing economy anymore. so i'm not quite certain why the focus on manufacturing jobs. we need good service economy jobs. ... like building/repairing infrastructure.
Says you fucktard liberals....

It's our turn, sit the fuck down....

I kind of think we both agree on this one Rdean we need way more technical high schools and skilled trade schools like they have in Germany.

See, the thing is that technology has become specialized. It's difficult to teach a group specialized technology because it's a huge expenditure for only a limited number of jobs.
What we have to do is get companies more involved and create apprenticeships. That way people can be trained for more specialized posions. The pool of talent ends up with a broader base of training.
Naturally, there will be stand outs and those people will make the bigger bucks based on merit and knowledge.
I worked for a while as a CAD manager. I only held on to the position for as long as I did because it took time to find someone really interested in learning the job beyond just using the CAD program. Someone had to learn file, data and computer model management - individual parts and assemblies, ECR's, ECN's, computer and server maintenance, and everything else related. They did a better job than me because I was also the senior design engineer. I had to work with and train someone for nearly a year until I was asking him questions. I can't tell you how much fun it was working with someone who who saw the job as more than a job. Those are the people who get the good raises.

Damn dude why didn't you tell me this before I would never ever made fun of you...now I know who you really are.

Why didn't you tell us?
I always talk about who I am. I'm not overly proud, but I have worked really hard. I worked hard in the military and I worked hard at college and I worked hard at the company I retired from. I'm also a progressive and a liberal. And those I'm very proud of.

Well if you are retired and liberal- then you are just another American sucking at the tit of welfare according to the right wing.

Remember- anyone who is not working is part of the unemployment problem.......

the thing is, we aren't a manufacturing economy anymore. so i'm not quite certain why the focus on manufacturing jobs. we need good service economy jobs. ... like building/repairing infrastructure.

No- its not the turn of the sixth grade boys at recess.

If you bleev the Bring Our Jobs Back fools, you'd think a textile worker should be paid 30 dollars an hour.

It's a low tech industry and should be automated or outsourced.

In fact, a lot of jobs that have vanished didn't go overseas. They were automated and are NEVER coming back.

The days of growing up to work in the same factory as your daddy are over. Trump is selling a cocaine-induced fantasy.

We need to be training our kids for the jobs of tomorrow, not the old low-tech jobs of yesterday.
You must have never been in a large warping plant have you ?

She has some fantastic ideas on how to draw down student debt. The policies are listed on her website and she talks about them in her stump speeches. Not the empty and ridiculous rhetoric of Trump. I still can't believe from the unbelievable things he says that anyone could possibly take him seriously. I think these right wingers just want to make a blow to America's eye. They are looking for damage.

Yep --- it all sounds good --- until you realize what's missing.

How the hell does she propose to pay for this massive giveaway?

No- its not the turn of the sixth grade boys at recess.
Exactly....so sit the fuck down....

Why didn't you tell us?

Well if you are retired and liberal- then you are just another American sucking at the tit of welfare according to the right wing.

You didn't get that quite right ... anyone who is not contributing is part of the unemployment problem.

The difference is significant.

People say that they're willing to pay more to "bring back" manufacturing jobs.

Words mean little.

Words mean little.
Your liberal actions to destroy manufacturing here are coming to an end....you best run along now....

Why didn't you tell us?

You didn't get that quite right ... anyone who is not contributing is part of the unemployment problem.

The difference is significant.

Those damn 6 year olds are quite an unemployment problem.

And don't get me started on those selfish retired people......

Words mean little.

I grew up using Craftsman tools- my dad preferred them, so I naturally ended up using them. I always liked what seemed like the superior quality of Craftsman tools- that they were made in the United States was nice too.

But most Craftsman tools are not made in the United States anymore. Because Craftsman was losing too much business because Americans for the most part would not pay a premium for a Craftsman wrench made in the United States.

Sure we say will- but when we get to the hardware store- and there is the Craftsman 3/4" wrench for $10.00 and the store brand wrench for $2.00.......well.....the store sells lots more of the $2.00 wrenches.

Words mean little.

I grew up using Craftsman tools- my dad preferred them, so I naturally ended up using them. I always liked what seemed like the superior quality of Craftsman tools- that they were made in the United States was nice too.

But most Craftsman tools are not made in the United States anymore. Because Craftsman was losing too much business because Americans for the most part would not pay a premium for a Craftsman wrench made in the United States.

Sure we say will- but when we get to the hardware store- and there is the Craftsman 3/4" wrench for $10.00 and the store brand wrench for $2.00.......well.....the store sells lots more of the $2.00 wrenches.
Hillary is a good example of a cheap $2.00 wench.

Words mean little.

Trump voters do love insulting women.

Words mean little.

You can't be fucking serious?

Words mean little.

Trump voters do love insulting women.
You think hitlery is Trump?

Forum List

Back