Americans Buying AK47's Like They Are Going Out Of Style

TakeASteapback -

Um....we are talking per capita statiscs here, right?

It doesn't matter how many more people or cars there are.

1232550426_worf%20face%20palm.gif

You could be. You choose not to be.

I don't think there is any real question at all that the US could reduce its murder rate by half if it chose to.

Yet, your own stats show that firearms don't account for half of murders, so how does your logic work?

=M14 Shooter;5846568
Nope. Germany and America are diferent, and so we cannot be them.

But Germany in 2012 does form a very valid basis for comparison with the US - as do Canada, France and the UK.

All are large, multi-ethnic and urbanised developed societies.

Hence, it is very useful to compare their homicide rates and gun homicide rates and compare the results.

Last edited:
You could be. You choose not to be.

I don't think there is any real question at all that the US could reduce its murder rate by half if it chose to.

Yet, your own stats show that firearms don't account for half of murders, so how does your logic work?

Sorry - I meant that the US could reduce its gun-related homicide rate by half.

My mistake....typing faster than I could think!

AK -47s?

How patriotic of them.

I hate too tell you but the AK47 in a hostel weather environment is a beast compared to the M16/M4, it will take a beating and keep going. It's not finicky like the M16 OR M4 is.

BigReb -

Figures don't change regardless of what anyone says about them.

I addressed two of M14 very worthwhile comments on the previous page.
I don't recall seeing your support for your claim that the US morder rate is 10x that of the 'civilized world'.

t that whopping number of of gun related homicides is incredibly low

Well, only if you consider 100 times more than similar countries to be incredibly low.

Personally, I think if you found out that 100 times more people die in car accidents in the US than they do in Canada - you'd probably be recommending that the US authorities find out why that is.

btw. Around 12,000 Americans died of gun-related wounds last year. I consider that number to be extremely significant.

Imagine this most of those homicides happen in cities that had strict gun control.

Too Tall/Sniper -

I have absolutely no idea how many americans have been killed by AK47s. Do you?

Would you also mind explaining why it matters whether someone is killed with a Galil, M-16 or AK?

Why not discuss the real issue - of why so many Americans are killed in gun-related homicides?
>300,000,000 gun in the US.
<10,000 murders in the US were committed with a gun
Thus
~0.003% of the guns in the US wre used to commit murder.

Wow. The sky is falling.

=M14 Shooter;5846568
But Germany in 2012 does form a very valid basis for comparison with the US - as do Canada, France and the UK.
Nope. Politically, culturally, historically, gepgraphically, demographically and economically, the US is very different. No comparison is possible.

Sorry - I meant that the US could reduce its gun-related homicide rate by half.

My mistake....typing faster than I could think!

If those homicides simply transition to other weapons, that isn't much comfort.

Here are some facts that you omit.

Homicide in the USA has steadily declined per capita since 1900. If guns were the cause of homicide, the rates would have risen, as there are vastly more guns, and more guns per capita than any time in history. Instead, murder rates are at historical lows and continue to drop.

Automobiles continue to be the most prevalent weapon in homicide. Most murders are committed against a relative or close acquaintance, should a gun not be handy, a knife, pipe, hammer, or other means will be.

Blaming an inanimate object for behavior is irrational.

=M14 Shooter;5846568
Nope. Politically, culturally, historically, gepgraphically, demographically and economically, the US is very different. No comparison is possible.

Yep we really don't want to go there with the discussion of gun control and Germany do we?:badgrin:

=M14 Shooter;5846568

Of course it is, that is simply nonsense and nonsensical.

Likewise France, the UK, Canada, Australia...all very valid comparisons with the US.

Homicide in the USA has steadily declined per capita since 1900. If guns were the cause of homicide, the rates would have risen, as there are vastly more guns, and more guns per capita than any time in history. Instead, murder rates are at historical lows and continue to drop.

Blaming an inanimate object for behavior is irrational.

I have never said that guns are the cause of crime.

They aren't.

At least, they aren't the predominant cause of crime.

They are more of an enabling factor, and a method by which a potential killer can kill more people, faster.

Of course it is, that is simply nonsense and nonsensical.

Likewise France, the UK, Canada, Australia...all very valid comparisons with the US.

Those nations a minority demographic of 5% of the population committing over half of the murders, too?

~0.003% of the guns in the US wre used to commit murder.

Wow. The sky is falling.

Well 12,000 Americans died of gun shot sounds last year, and so for them - the sky did fall in, yes.

You might try comforting the familes at the Sikh Temple or movie theatre last week by telling them that most guns are not involved in crime. I doubt they'll be won over.

Those nations a minority demographic of 5% of the population committing over half of the murders, too?

Um...which minority in the US constitung less than 5% of the population commit half of all murders?

I can't WAIT to see this!!!

Last edited:

Forum List

Back