Americans have had over 200 years to prove democracy can work, but...

It means the USA doubled their economy with World War 1.

It existed Germanic tribes who threw everything what they made with war into the swamps. Weapons - gold - everything. They had been convinced it is wrong to make money with war.
Dumb. Mass murder to increase your economy is the desire of a psychopath.

Please read and logically dispute the following.

America is a stratocracy, a form of government dominated by the military. It is axiomatic among the two ruling parties that there must be a constant preparation for war. The war machine’s massive budgets are sacrosanct. Its billions of dollars in waste and fraud are ignored. Its military fiascos in Southeast Asia, Central Asia and the Middle East have disappeared into the vast cavern of historical amnesia. This amnesia, which means there is never accountability, licenses the war machine to economically disembowel the country and drive the Empire into one self-defeating conflict after another. The militarists win every election. They cannot lose. It is impossible to vote against them. The war state is a Götterdämmerung, as Dwight Macdonald writes, “without the gods.”
America is a stratocracy, a form of government dominated by the military. It is axiomatic among the two ruling parties that there must be a constant preparation for war. The war machine’s massive budgets are sacrosanct. Its billions of dollars in waste and fraud are ignored. Its military fiascos in Southeast Asia, Central Asia and the Middle East have disappeared into the vast cavern of historical amnesia. This amnesia, which means there is never accountability, licenses the war machine to economically disembowel the country and drive the Empire into one self-defeating conflict after another. The militarists win every election. They cannot lose. It is impossible to vote against them. The war state is a Götterdämmerung, as Dwight Macdonald writes, “without the gods.”
Since the end of the Second World War, the federal government has spent more than half its tax dollars on past, current and future military operations. It is the largest single sustaining activity of the government. Military systems are sold before they are produced with guarantees that huge cost overruns will be covered. Foreign aid is contingent on buying U.S. weapons. Egypt, which receives some $1.3 billion in foreign military financing, is required to devote it to buying and maintaining U.S. weapons systems. Israel has received $158 billion in bilateral assistance from the U.S. since 1949, almost all of it since 1971 in the form of military aid, with most of it going towards arms purchases from U.S. weapons manufacturers. The American public funds the research, development and building of weapons systems and then buys these same weapons systems on behalf of foreign governments. It is a circular system of corporate welfare.
Between October 2021 and September 2022, the U.S. spent $877 billion on the military, that’s more than the next 10 countries, including China, Russia, Germany, France and the United Kingdom combined. These huge military expenditures, along with the rising costs of a for-profit healthcare system, have driven the U.S. national debt to over $31 trillion, nearly $5 trillion more than the U.S.’s entire Gross Domestic Product (GDP). This imbalance is not sustainable, especially once the dollar is no longer the world’s reserve currency.

I would disagree that military budgets and wars are the sole reason for your deficit and debt. Tax cuts for billionaires in large corporations factor, heavily into both the deficit and the debt. But the idea that military spending as sacrosanct is bang on.

With all of Trump’s discussions around NATO spending, The question I kept asking was “Why do the rest of us need to come to increase our spending? Why doesn’t the USA cut spending to 2% of GDP?

If the USA is going to put “America first” and not act as the worlds policeman in every military skirmish throughout the world, what do you need the world’s largest best equipped army for in the first place?

The USA is the worlds largest arms dealer. Trump winery, NATO, buying weapons because those weapons would be bought from the USA.

I don’t think the American people realize that the bulk of foreign aid that the US gives to under developed nations, is actually military equipment and weapons to “defend democracy“. Basically, foreign aid is a large federal subsidy to the American arms industry.
In the US, far too many fall for the divisive tactics utilized against them by government, media, academia, and Hollywood. These Americans hate their fellow Americans when we should all unite and focus that hate where it belongs.

Seriously! In Canada, the Party which negotiated and signed NAFTA, no longer exists because the V0TERS ended them. The Progressive Conservatives negotiated NAFTA, and after that was signed, Mulroney slapped a 10% VAT on all goods and services, to pay for it. Voters thanked him by re-electing just 2 of his more than 150 MP's to office. 6 MP's are required to maintain party status in the Legislature. The PC's lost their office suite and ceased to exist.

As a result, Stephen Harper's Conservative Party - the party which replaced the PC's as the leading conservative party, was very careful not to piss voters off by trying to end the Canada Health Act or enact abortion laws. Fear of the voters keeps Canadian politicians acting in the best interests of the voters, and not the rich people.

We also don't have any Rupert Murdoch owned media spewing hate and bullshit at our voters, although we do have an idiot contingent that does watch F0X on US TV - see Trucker Convoy.

The USA is a republic (no nobles) and a democracy (elections, one man one vote). What this has to do with the political parties "the Republicans" and "the Democrats" is a totally other theme. Your problem in this context is the British "the winner takes it all"-mentality - that's why you have only two political parties.

America has many more than just two political parties. Worry about your own country.

Undear idiot mine: Germans always loved the USA - a very long time before Hitler came and also after Hitler was gone. Your ally in world war 2 had been Stalin - and your big victory had been that you gave a big part of Europe and Asia to the Russian and Chinese Soviets. What a luck that you never had a problem with your Russian and Chinese friends - but you have a titanic problem with your enemies Germany and Europe.

Germany and Europe aren't our 'enemies' - E wr heard of NATO?

Stalin and Russia were seen as 'necesary evils' as 'allues' - 'the enemy of my enemy is my friend'.

Europe should havenevet been divided up as 'spoils' after WWII. Every sovereign nation Hitler gobbled up should have been restored as their own independent nations.

The UN has proved to be a clusterfuck.

That would help to make representation more representative, which is the soul of representative democracy. Other measures that would be required are to increase the number of representatives per capita and to remove the Electoral College and the Senate.

Good luck with any of that.
We don't need luck. Few people realize this, but American citizens have always had the constitutional authority to be directly involved with our lawmaking process. It is only our negligence that permits partisan politicians to assume that authority.

The USA is a republic (no nobles) and a democracy (elections, one man one vote). What this has to do with the political parties "the Republicans" and "the Democrats" is a totally other theme. Your problem in this context is the British "the winner takes it all"-mentality - that's why you have only two political parties.
We have two MAJOR(large~main) political parties, and several smaller "third" parties. Next most largest of the "thirds" is likely the Libertarian. The two major parties in essence rally around the polarity of the political ideologies; conservative vs progressive/liberal, and given the nature of elections requiring money for campaigning: signs, literature, tv/radio ads, travel to rallies, etc. things have settled onto the two major parties in the last century. USA history shows a full past of other major parties, and occasional minor third ones that had brief major influence.

Lol, you need a big mirror pal.
Nah. I am a liberal who is well into the 1% land.. I win either way. Either I elect people with my values (democrats) or I lose and watch the shitheads (republicans) make my life easier to keep consolidating my wealth at the expense of the people that voted for them… I win either way.

We don't need luck. Few people realize this, but American citizens have always had the constitutional authority to be directly involved with our lawmaking process. It is only our negligence that permits partisan politicians to assume that authority.
Good luck with that.

Nah. I am a liberal who is well into the 1% land.. I win either way. Either I elect people with my values (democrats) or I lose and watch the shitheads (republicans) make my life easier to keep consolidating my wealth at the expense of the people that voted for them… I win either way.
Why sure you are....All of us here are millionaires...Didn't you know that?

A failure of a democracy is a failure of its people. Look at us! Are we Americans the stupidest people on the planet? A democracy requires agreement among the people, yet we can't even agree that we even are a democracy.
When was the last time you voted on a federal law?
How many state laws have you voted on?

Forum List

Back