An important lesson for the left

They won't learn, to much self/loathing...

THOSE WHO DON'T FIGHT EVIL FIGHT STATUES
Why the left's enemies list does not include any real evils.
August 29, 2017

Dennis Prager
d7hftxdivxxvm.cloudfront.net_.jpg

All my life, I have known this rule about people: Those who don't fight the greatest evils will fight lesser evils or make-believe evils.

The problem, however, is that people want to feel morally good about themselves, and no one wants this more than the left. It has written the proverbial book on moral self-esteem. Therefore, it does not merely believe that it is morally superior to all others; it knows it is. Leftists know they are more compassionate, more enlightened, more intellectual and more intelligent than conservatives. And they know that they care more about the "downtrodden," the "marginalized" and the "disenfranchised" than conservatives.

But to feel good about yourself, you have to fight against something bad. Since the left doesn't fight real evil (that would take moral courage in addition to moral clarity), it has to fight lesser evils or made-up evils.

For example, the left relentlessly fights racism in America, even though America is the least racist multiracial society in history; it relentlessly fights sexism in America, the country that has afforded unprecedented equality and liberty to women (but it does not fight the terrible sexism that pervades the world's most women-suppressing societies — those in the Muslim world); and, of course, it fights Nazis and white supremacists — who, though evil, constitute an utterly negligible threat to America today. Fighting Nazis in Germany between 1933 and 1945 was an act of moral heroism. Given their negligible numbers and nonexistent power, fighting Nazis in America in 2017 is an act of moral onanism.

And, of course, it fights global warming. Leftists have convinced themselves that the real fight against evil in the world today is not against Islamism; it's against carbon emissions.

And now, we can add statues to the list. The left was AWOL against communism, and it's AWOL against Islamism. But it's in the vanguard of fighting statues.

Those Who Don't Fight Evil Fight Statues

Where are the statues of King George bitches?

Whites like Dennis Prager want to look at racism I a positive light. America is the least racist nation so it's OK for racist symbols to stand. From my prospective as a black man that's not good enough.

Why should any white man care about your perspective?

If you were wise you should because you are not always going to be in the majority. In fact you're little majority status will be over very soon.

You still haven't explained why a white man should care about your perspective. All you've said is that you need to be defeated.

Actually I have explained it.

We need to tear down all symbols of the confederacy. These were insurgents who attacked the United States, waged a war against this country and got beat.
We don't need to pave over and re-write history. We need to learn from it. Lose the 'censorship'. If you are so fragile tbat history offends / upsets you this much you need psychiatric help.

Also, as US law was enacted, soldiers in the confederacy are considered US military personnel. Them and the moniments to them basically equate the same as soldiers in Viet Nam and the Viet Bam Memorial.

We can't re-write history. We can take down statues of people who served for the confederacy, we can remove the confederate flag and we can denounce what the confederacy stood for. Those in the confederacy are not considered US soldiers, and they are .not like veterans who served in Vietnam.

Lose defending racism and all symbols of racism.

But they are, dipshit.

I take comfort in knowing you will never get paid ary a dime of "reparations" because you're black.

Were your ancestors even slaves?

Mine never owned any, now what?

I tell you what: GFY.

If you were wise you should because you are not always going to be in the majority. In fact you're little majority status will be over very soon.

Malicious and intentional replacement of an entire race of people = ethnic cleansing

Another dumb ass unqualified white man talking stupid.
I see you're not shy about showing everyone what a bigot you are.

They won't learn, to much self/loathing...

THOSE WHO DON'T FIGHT EVIL FIGHT STATUES
Why the left's enemies list does not include any real evils.
August 29, 2017

Dennis Prager
d7hftxdivxxvm.cloudfront.net_.jpg

All my life, I have known this rule about people: Those who don't fight the greatest evils will fight lesser evils or make-believe evils.

The problem, however, is that people want to feel morally good about themselves, and no one wants this more than the left. It has written the proverbial book on moral self-esteem. Therefore, it does not merely believe that it is morally superior to all others; it knows it is. Leftists know they are more compassionate, more enlightened, more intellectual and more intelligent than conservatives. And they know that they care more about the "downtrodden," the "marginalized" and the "disenfranchised" than conservatives.

But to feel good about yourself, you have to fight against something bad. Since the left doesn't fight real evil (that would take moral courage in addition to moral clarity), it has to fight lesser evils or made-up evils.

For example, the left relentlessly fights racism in America, even though America is the least racist multiracial society in history; it relentlessly fights sexism in America, the country that has afforded unprecedented equality and liberty to women (but it does not fight the terrible sexism that pervades the world's most women-suppressing societies — those in the Muslim world); and, of course, it fights Nazis and white supremacists — who, though evil, constitute an utterly negligible threat to America today. Fighting Nazis in Germany between 1933 and 1945 was an act of moral heroism. Given their negligible numbers and nonexistent power, fighting Nazis in America in 2017 is an act of moral onanism.

And, of course, it fights global warming. Leftists have convinced themselves that the real fight against evil in the world today is not against Islamism; it's against carbon emissions.

And now, we can add statues to the list. The left was AWOL against communism, and it's AWOL against Islamism. But it's in the vanguard of fighting statues.

Those Who Don't Fight Evil Fight Statues

Where are the statues of King George bitches?

Whites like Dennis Prager want to look at racism I a positive light. America is the least racist nation so it's OK for racist symbols to stand. From my prospective as a black man that's not good enough.

Why should any white man care about your perspective?

You still haven't explained why a white man should care about your perspective. All you've said is that you need to be defeated.

Actually I have explained it.
No you haven't explained it, cockroach.

Forum List

Back