Anchor baby law to be changed.

When the africians were freed thy were not citizens. It was so that their children would be citizens. The africians didn't sneek in here pregnant

That was a primary intent of the 14th Amendment not to let someone born here as a result of his/her parents sneaking in and committing a crime.

Despite of course- the 14th Amendment saying no such thing.
In the same light does the 14th say that illegals can sneak in and create citizens?
I think the intent was to make the slaves citizens. don't think there was ever consideration for Mexicans sneaking in.
and yet the language couldn't be more clear that those born here are citizens. weird.

guess you'll have to propose a new amendment.
and yet, the language couldn't be more clear that the parents that snuck across are not citizens,. also weird.

No one is arguing that the parents who snuck across the border are citizens.

Don't even know why you mention it.

In the same light does the 14th say that illegals can sneak in and create citizens?......

It says that anyone born here IS a citizen, filthy spawn. Learn to read, filthy spawn.
and where does the constitution allow for their parents to stay and start collecting government handouts?

Illegal immigrants are not allowed to collect welfare, idiot.

I have a strong feeling that your parents are hiding in your basement from the border patrol

I have a strong feeling your parents are hiding from you.

"I do NOT know that guy!"

They also don't get driver's licenses, work, food stamps, or Medicaid either!

But they do!
Do you guys want the states to decide about in-state tuition rates and drivers licenses, or not?

I guess you rubes only bleev in states rights when it suits you.

In the same light does the 14th say that illegals can sneak in and create citizens?
I think the intent was to make the slaves citizens. don't think there was ever consideration for Mexicans sneaking in.

The 14th Amendment doesn't mention slaves or Mexicans- once again the plain and simple language of the Constitution

Section 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside.
again, were does the parent fall into all of that?
They are not legally here.

The parents have nothing to do with the 14th Amendment unless they happen to be foreign diplomats.

so you support rewarding crime. Go it. Not surprised seeing what you support in elections.

So you support wiping your ass with the Constitution.

No surprise to anyone.

AMERICAN citizenship is a federal level matter, not a local one.

When the africians were freed thy were not citizens. It was so that their children would be citizens. The africians didn't sneek in here pregnant

That was a primary intent of the 14th Amendment not to let someone born here as a result of his/her parents sneaking in and committing a crime.

In the same light does the 14th say that illegals can sneak in and create citizens?......

It says that anyone born here IS a citizen, filthy spawn. Learn to read, filthy spawn.

When it was written, it didn't mean children born to those illegally here. Learn history dumbass.

You would have thought that they might have mentioned that rather than saying anyone born here subject to U.S. law is a U.S. citizen.

and where does the constitution allow for their parents to stay and start collecting government handouts?

I have a strong feeling that your parents are hiding in your basement from the border patrol

They also don't get driver's licenses, work, food stamps, or Medicaid either!

But they do!
Do you guys want the states to decide about in-state tuition rates and drivers licenses, or not?

I guess you rubes only bleev in states rights when it suits you.

No. I believe that illegals should be given NOTHING except a ride back to the border. No jobs, no medical care, no food stamps, no driver's licenses, no free child care, and no in-state tuition. That should about cover it.

When it was written, it didn't mean children born to those illegally here. Learn history dumbass.

You would have thought that they might have mentioned that rather than saying anyone born here subject to U.S. law is a U.S. citizen.

They said the right to owns guns shall not be infringed and all powers not specifically delegate to the federal government not prohibited to the States are reserved to the States yet you big government Liberals didn't understand that.

"Anchor baby law to be changed."

Wrong – this is ignorant nonsense.

There is no such thing as an 'anchor baby,' persons born in the United States are citizens of the United States, regardless their parent's immigration status.

And there is no 'law' to be 'changed,' the Citizenship Clause of the 14th Amendment is part of the Constitution, the only way to 'change' anything is to repeal the 14th Amendment.

Denying US citizens a Texas birth certificate in no way mitigates the fact that they are indeed citizens.

Such is the hate, ignorance, and bigotry that exists in Texas.

'“Politically it can’t be done, and it is simply a distraction from seeking true immigration reform,” argued Bill Ong Hing, a professor at the University of San Francisco School of Law and supporter of birthright citizenship, in a recent conference call with reporters.'

Correct.

This nonsense is yet another manifestation of the politics of fear, hate, and bigotry common to many on the right, a distraction by republicans, an attempt to deflect from the fact that the GOP has nothing of value or merit to offer the American people, it's a rightist wedge issue seeking only to divide Americans for purely partisan reasons.

AMERICAN citizenship is a federal level matter, not a local one.

Now, get them to do their jobs!
They are doing their job. Babies born here are American citizens, as it should be.

The feds are doing a lousy job of forcing them out and need to start smacking states who provide services to them, and especially the sanctuary cities.
80 percent of Americans, including 83 percent of conservatives, support a path to legal status or citizenship for illegal immigrants.

We've already seen how you rubes support states' rights only when it suits you, and now it looks like you only demand the Will of the People be respected only when it suits you.

People aren't supposed to steal and murder either but it happens as does illegals getting handouts.

Legal Immigrant Households Account for 75 Percent of Immigrant Welfare Use - Breitbart
Maryland Patriot was saying the law allows for illegal immigrants to collect welfare. It doesn't.
and they even get in state tuition at Maryland colleges thanks to the criminal OweMalley.

Why do we even have "in state" tuition . It should be the same for everyone .

When I have to quit paying state income taxes, part of which fund in state schools or you start paying the taxes I pay so in state tuition is cheaper, you have a deal.

'“Politically it can’t be done, and it is simply a distraction from seeking true immigration reform,” argued Bill Ong Hing, a professor at the University of San Francisco School of Law and supporter of birthright citizenship, in a recent conference call with reporters.'

Correct.

This nonsense is yet another manifestation of the politics of fear, hate, and bigotry common to many on the right, a distraction by republicans, an attempt to deflect from the fact that the GOP has nothing of value or merit to offer the American people, it's a rightist wedge issue seeking only to divide Americans for purely partisan reasons.

In other words, you support rewarding someone due to the illegal and criminal activity of their parents. Got it.

Next thing you'll say is the illegal who committed the criminal act should get to stay without penalty. Tell me because I already know your answer.

Correct.

In other words, you support rewarding someone due to the illegal and criminal activity of their parents. Got it.

Next thing you'll say is the illegal who committed the criminal act should get to stay without penalty. Tell me because I already know your answer.
The only "crime" illegal immigrants have committed is fleeing a Third World shithole to make life better for their children. They come here and work their asses off for low pay in shit jobs.

They are pro-life, pro-family, deeply religious, and hard working.

Correct.

The only "crime" illegal immigrants have committed is fleeing a Third World shithole to make life better for their children.

Not what the laws say. That doesn't justify committing a crime.

Correct.

The only "crime" illegal immigrants have committed is fleeing a Third World shithole to make life better for their children.

You are equivocating, trying to lump the "crime" of crossing the border with the crimes of murder, robbery, etc.

It doesn't work. Sorry.

Correct.

You are equivocating, trying to lump the "crime" of crossing the border with the crimes of murder, robbery, etc.

It doesn't work. Sorry.

I, not once, compared any of those. They are all crimes on their own merits.

If the LAW says you can't do something and you do it, it's a CRIME. Justifying it doesn't lessen the law.

They said the right to owns guns shall not be infringed and all powers not specifically delegate to the federal government not prohibited to the States are reserved to the States yet you big government Liberals didn't understand that.

Thank you for conceding that the clear language of the Constitution makes children born in the United States citizens.

Forum List

Back