Anger as Republicans block bill to help military veterans exposed to toxins

We actually do asshole. And we back it up with more than lip service and virtue signaling
Then why did the House Dems not simply pass the version that had already passed the Senate? Had they done that, instead of porking it up, the PACT Act might well be on Biden's desk right now, awaiting some staffer to walk in and use the rubber stamp.

Then why did the House Dems not simply pass the version that had already passed the Senate? Had they done that, instead of porking it up, the PACT Act might well be on Biden's desk right now, awaiting some staffer to walk in and use the rubber stamp.
There were parliamentarian tweeks that had to be made by RULE.

Nothing of substance was changed

There were parliamentarian tweeks that had to be made by RULE.

Nothing of substance was changed

CNN:
Still, Sen. John Cornyn, a Texas Republican, said ultimately he expects the legislation to pass "in some form or another," blaming Schumer for not allowing amendment votes Republicans sought.

"There was an agreement between Senator Tester and (the committee's ranking Republican Sen. Jerry) Moran for two amendment votes when this bill passed," Cornyn said. "Senator Schumer would not allow those votes to occur. And what we're hoping for is there will be a negotiation to eliminate some of the mandatory spending in the bill and then the bill can pass. But this is a cloture vote to provoke a conversation. But I expect it ultimately to pass in some form or another."

McConnell wasn't too concerned with bipartisanship when he used reconcilliation and passed the corp tax cuts in 2017 which now allow corps with over a billion a year in profits to pay Zero taxes.

I sort of think that if there's a stinker in this, its the party that held hostage the CHIPs bill that the gop's traditional ally the Chamber of Commerce wanted and Burn Pit legislation

McConnell got played, but he's no virgin. LOL

McConnell wasn't too concerned with bipartisanship when he used reconcilliation and passed the corp tax cuts in 2017 which now allow corps with over a billion a year in profits to pay Zero taxes.

I sort of think that if there's a stinker in this, its the party that held hostage the CHIPs bill that the gop's traditional ally the Chamber of Commerce wanted and Burn Pit legislation

McConnell got played, but he's no virgin. LOL
That 15% seems cool, especially when it shows up in their product price we pay.

A lot of Vets will die in that six months

Fuck em huh?
The sky is falling.

Run for your lies.

Think of the children.

We have vets dying in the next six months because of lack of funding, this is a problem called years ago. Not right now.

I think we need to table this shit.

repubs fist pumping after blocking vets burn pit Bill....

What a pathetic show of cowards who hate veterans.
What mystifies me is how the gop (or the dems who may be a bit less doctrinaire) demand that bipartisanship is only offered if the other party doesn't pass a bill doing what their party told voters they'd do if they won. Why can't we have the partisanship, and then still expect these grifters to do the right thing when our computer chip supply chain is broken or vets were poisoned by burn pits?

The sky is falling.

Run for your lies.

Think of the children.

We have vets dying in the next six months because of lack of funding, this is a problem called years ago. Not right now.

I think we need to table this shit.
Ever notice, every time it's the same crap.
Doom and gloom.....and the left thrives on it.

The mass Dem idiots will never understand that. They pat themselves on the back for taxing themselves. :cuckoo:
And the gop passed the very same tax, only cutting it, by promising these same billion dollar corporations with give everyone pay raised rather the keeping the money to increase share value

Forum List

Back