Another Celebrity Needs to be DixieChicked

I've never bought any of her records, so I'm already 'boycotting' her, I guess. Hardly any singers and bands that cater to the 11 year old girl demographic inspire me to buy anything of theirs.
So far you boycotting:
Most of the singers, Hollywood, media, NFL, NBA, most of the world, most Americans that voted against the orange, the UN, Denmark, Canada.....just because of you love DT? Must be a rough life.

Not as rough as Ramadan is for you.
Is the best...fasting is practiced by non muslims now. Try it is good for you.

I do, every October. So you think Islam invented fasting? LOL

Fascinating.

How is what she did any different than what Ted Nugent does?
explain? I'm not following your connection.

Yes you do.
name a song ted did where he made a point of bringing it out as politics?

Ted Nugent is washed up. Taylor Swift is to. She is past the height of her career and needs Trump to matter. Colbert salvaged his career using Trump. Many have, and others have done the same in the past. No one but like minded folk listen to anything from Ted Nugent if it ain't "stranglehold". No one listens to Taylor Swift unless it "shake it off".

Yeah, that is why she took home so many VMAs

I've never bought any of her records, so I'm already 'boycotting' her, I guess. Hardly any singers and bands that cater to the 11 year old girl demographic inspire me to buy anything of theirs.
So far you boycotting:
Most of the singers, Hollywood, media, NFL, NBA, most of the world, most Americans that voted against the orange, the UN, Denmark, Canada.....just because of you love DT? Must be a rough life.

Fascinating.
How do u fast ? Eat and drink everything except meat ? :p

Yes you do.

Ted Nugent is washed up. Taylor Swift is to. She is past the height of her career and needs Trump to matter. Colbert salvaged his career using Trump. Many have, and others have done the same in the past. No one but like minded folk listen to anything from Ted Nugent if it ain't "stranglehold". No one listens to Taylor Swift unless it "shake it off".

#2 highest grossing tour last year. I imagine all artists wish they were that washed up.

Yes you do.

Ted Nugent isn't washed up, not at all. only in a dream. He packs stadiums still today. He's an outspoken american. he loves to hunt, hates gun grabbers and Peta. Now AOC with the cow fart thing. I don't know, he reaches out to make a statement. I don't criticize Swift, I merely point out the awards show mouth off as unintelligent. Not the right venue.

I don’t listen to Swift, I also don’t really care what her politics are. I feel the same about Ted Nugent. Most are self absorbed and take themselves way to seriously, they are only entertainers, not much else.

I don't listen to her music either. She started out I country western and I so don't like that music then she went to the music she's doing now which is mostly bubble gum drivel.

However I do like that song You Need To Calm Down.

I've worked with ted nugent. He's nothing like Ms. Swift. He's a rude and angry man. All he did backstage was rant about liberals and insult everyone .

On top of he's deadbeat. He tried to stiff me on his bill with me. He had no problem calling me names and insulting me and people like me but when it came to my photography, he and his manager insisted that I take photos. I didn't want to but ended up doing it just to shut them up.

I worked with that man once. Never again.

He never learned to not insult your fans or the photographer they beg to cover the show.

While I don't like the man, I like his music. I always have. He's a gifted musician and guitar player. While I don't like him and would never work with him again, I listen to and enjoy his music.

I don't let personalities or politics get in the way of good music.

fortunately for me I do not like nugent OR his music.

I'm a lifetime rock and roller. It's my favorite music.

I don't like Ted Nugent the man but I do like his music.

Why do celebrities keep inserting themselves into politics?

<< Pop megastar and left-wing activist Taylor Swift took a not-so-sublte shot at President Donald Trump’s administration on Monday night from the stage of the 36th annual MTV Video Music Awards.
“I just want to say that this is a fan-voted award. So, I first want to say thank you to the fans because in this video, several points were made, so you voting for this video means that you want a world where we’re all treated equally,” Taylor Swift said during her acceptance speech for video of the year for her politically charged video “You Need to Calm Down.”

“Regardless of who we are, regardless of how we identify, at the end of this video there was a petition — and there still is a petition for the Equality Act, which basically just says we all deserve equal rights under the law,” the Grammy-winner continued, before taking a swipe at the administration. >>
Video: Taylor Swift Targets Trump White House at MTV VMAs

Dixiechicked? A verb I'm unaware of. Does it involve ramming a big cock or dildo down their throats to gag and shut them up? If so, not with mine you don't. I'm particular and I don't know where they've been. You just can't be too safe these days.

So far you boycotting:

Fascinating.
How do u fast ? Eat and drink everything except meat ? :p
Google Yom Kippur.

Fasting for health is one thing but to do so because some archaic religion tells you so is another. You’re a sheep.

Because Americans love pop-icons, prophets, and messiahs.

It all started (as memory has it) with John Lennon. It wasn't his fault (from the beginning) but by the time the seventies came, pop-stars and all sorts of celebrities were established as more-knowledgeable-than-anyone-else-on-the-planet when it comes to world events and its' conscience.

So now, speaking out on "whatever" is as compulsory to celebrities as it is to rock-stars faking "a good time" on stage and guitarists getting up close to each other for a phoney "Right on, brother! We're rockin!".

No it didn't. It started before the 70s.

If you were alive in the 60s you would have heard tons of anti war and anti LBJ songs and chants.

The most memorable chant was Hey Hey LBJ, how many kids did you kill today? And One, Two, Three, Four, We don't want your fuckin war.

If you turned on your radio you would have heard songs like For What It's Worth by The Buffalo Springfield with Steve Stills singing about how the government oppressed the war protesters.

It was recorded in 1966 and was on the radio in 1967:

The Beatles stared singing and speaking out against the war in their songs in the 60s too.

Then there's Bob Dylan who wrote and released many anti war and government songs in the 60s.

In fact there were tons of anti war and anti government songs in the 60s.

It didn't start in the 70s.

I must be older than you. Read my post again. I didn't say it started in the 70's.

I'm 59 years old.

I was born toward the end of the baby boom.

I grew up with rock and roll and music as a very big influence on me and my life. I started playing a musical instrument when I was in 3rd grade.

I grew up during the 60s and 70s. It was a very interesting time.

Sorry if I misunderstood what you posted.

It all started (as memory has it) with John Lennon. It wasn't his fault (from the beginning) but by the time the seventies came, pop-stars and all sorts of celebrities were established as more-knowledgeable-than-anyone-else-on-the-planet when it comes to world events and its' conscience.

So now, speaking out on "whatever" is as compulsory to celebrities as it is to rock-stars faking "a good time" on stage and guitarists getting up close to each other for a phoney "Right on, brother! We're rockin!".

If you were alive in the 60s you would have heard tons of anti war and anti LBJ songs and chants.

The most memorable chant was Hey Hey LBJ, how many kids did you kill today? And One, Two, Three, Four, We don't want your fuckin war.

If you turned on your radio you would have heard songs like For What It's Worth by The Buffalo Springfield with Steve Stills singing about how the government oppressed the war protesters.

The Beatles stared singing and speaking out against the war in their songs in the 60s too.

Then there's Bob Dylan who wrote and released many anti war and government songs in the 60s.

I must be older than you. Read my post again. I didn't say it started in the 70's.

I'm 59 years old.

I grew up with rock and roll and music as a very big influence on me and my life. I started playing a musical instrument when I was in 3rd grade.

I want to see Taylor Swift do 1/3 of this.

Last edited:
So far you boycotting:

Most modern singers are second rate, actors are pathetic, media have TDS, rather Rugby though NBA I've watched a few times, not from THIS part of the world, UN is very ordinary for years (Rwanda esp), Denmark is OKish and Canada(?? )

Greg

I don’t listen to Swift, I also don’t really care what her politics are. I feel the same about Ted Nugent. Most are self absorbed and take themselves way to seriously, they are only entertainers, not much else.

I don't listen to her music either. She started out I country western and I so don't like that music then she went to the music she's doing now which is mostly bubble gum drivel.

I've worked with ted nugent. He's nothing like Ms. Swift. He's a rude and angry man. All he did backstage was rant about liberals and insult everyone .

On top of he's deadbeat. He tried to stiff me on his bill with me. He had no problem calling me names and insulting me and people like me but when it came to my photography, he and his manager insisted that I take photos. I didn't want to but ended up doing it just to shut them up.

He never learned to not insult your fans or the photographer they beg to cover the show.

While I don't like the man, I like his music. I always have. He's a gifted musician and guitar player. While I don't like him and would never work with him again, I listen to and enjoy his music.

I like rock however not his, I like Styx, Boston, Led Zeppelin, Yes, Genesis, The Who, Rush, Jethro Tull, Eagles, The Guess Who, ELP, ELO and on and on. As I got I began to like the Big Bands, Country, R&B, Classical, Electronic and lots of other genres. Never liked Opera or Rap. My favorite will always be Classic 70's Rock. The last few days I have been listening to Meatloaf. He was quite the composer.

I like rock however not his, I like Styx, Boston, Led Zeppelin, Yes, Genesis, The Who, Rush, Jethro Tull, Eagles, The Guess Who, ELP, ELO and on and on. As I got I began to like the Big Bands, Country, R&B, Classical, Electronic and lots of other genres. Never liked Opera or Rap. My favorite will always be Classic 70's Rock. The last few days I have been listening to Meatloaf. He was quite the composer.

Meatloaf wasn't a composer. Jim Steinman was.

I grew in the 1960's; most pop music and rock was crap the, too, aimed at getting airhead teenagers to buy records with their allowances. It wasn't until the late 60's and early 1970's when FM radio and higher quality stereo systems came along that you began to get more adult aimed variety in music, but you still had the Boy Band crap making the most money in the 1960's, like the Beatles barbershop quartet upgrades and others. Most of the 'good stuff' was marketed as 'underground', which is hilarious since it was also marketed to bourgeois Burb Brats who had reached college age and thought they were 'Edgy' because they smoked pot and listened to Hendrix.

Having said that I like some of it, I just don't consider any of it as indicating pop stars have something approaching common sense or any real insight into politics, most of them are narcissistic self-absorbed and selfish dickheads, most especially 'rockers', and should be avoided and ignored when they're off-stage.

Last edited:

He was really good, his music was great.

He was really good, his music was great.

He could sing really well. He had great stage presence after starting off being an actor. The album did great. A perfect confluence of 4 people (Meatloaf, Steinman, Rundgren and the distributor) all coming together at the right time.

I dealt with Taylor Swift and her group when she was in Tacoma a few years back. Didn't really deal with her but her staff and entourage were rude were demanding, that seems to go with the business.

I like Taylor's voice, not her music style. I did like one of her songs, however I can't remember the title.

Nugent, I have never cared for Nugent, never cared for his music. I prefer Styx, Eagles, Fleetwood Mac, Kansas and ELO.

As far as politics and entertainers, I don't let politics get in the way of good music either.

I've never worked with Ms. Swift. I retired a few years ago. By the time she was in the music business I was able to pick and choose the jobs I did. I didn't want to work with her. I don't like her style of music and pretty much worked with bands whose music I liked and had worked with in the past.

I've worked with Styx, the Eagles, Fleetwood Mac and their members alone and Kansas. I've never worked with ELO. I don't like their music.

It's not the musicians who are the jerks. It's their management and that's management's job. To be a jerk half the time so I give them a break most of the time and become friends with not only the band but their management and PR people.

But when I started out I wasn't a member of the press. I was what was called "the house photographer." I didn't become a member of the press until 2001. So I was friends with most of the musicians and their management and just a friend to party with backstage and after the show. They all love my photography so by then time I did become a member of the press they were happy to have someone on their side and friends in the media.

I'm 59 years old.

how about taylor swift vs this one?

I'm 59 years old.

how about taylor swift vs this one?

Far better....

All I know is recently my wife made me sit through Swift's 'debut of her new big song', and most of it was some impersonation of a ten year old going' EEE!!! EEE!!!! EEE!!! Eeeee!!!!!' or something. I thought she was singing about stepping on mice or something from what I could make of it. So yeah, not interested in what she thinks is 'Wrong With America N Stuff'.

My wife has promised to never do that again.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back