Another liberal city burns as the local politicians stand by dumbfounded

That when the government is unresponsive to the people, the people respond?

Kind of like the Boston Tea Party. The people were not getting their voices heard, they rioted and destroyed property that wasn't there to make a political point.

But I assume you won't see it that way.

In what way does this resemble the Boston Tea Party, moron?

You really are an idiot. I mean, a serious fucking idiot to even mention the two on the same day, much less in the same sentence.

The Boston Tea Party was NON-VIOLENT!

The 1773 Boston Tea Party was NOT violent RedState

British crews attested that other than hoisting the tea overboard, there were no acts of destruction. Indeed, the protesters even swept the ship decks clean afterwards. TheMassachusetts Gazette reported that a broken padlock, the personal property of one of the ships’ captains, was replaced.

You're part of the problem and one of the ones that needs to be silenced.

Anybody that encourages VIOLENT protests needs to be put down -- HARD.

Peaceful protests are protected by the Constitution, violence is not.

dimocraps are the scum of the earth

period

That when the government is unresponsive to the people, the people respond?

Kind of like the Boston Tea Party. The people were not getting their voices heard, they rioted and destroyed property that wasn't there to make a political point.

But I assume you won't see it that way.

In what way does this resemble the Boston Tea Party, moron?

You really are an idiot. I mean, a serious fucking idiot to even mention the two on the same day, much less in the same sentence.

The Boston Tea Party was NON-VIOLENT!

The 1773 Boston Tea Party was NOT violent RedState

British crews attested that other than hoisting the tea overboard, there were no acts of destruction. Indeed, the protesters even swept the ship decks clean afterwards. TheMassachusetts Gazette reported that a broken padlock, the personal property of one of the ships’ captains, was replaced.

You're part of the problem and one of the ones that needs to be silenced.

Anybody that encourages VIOLENT protests needs to be put down -- HARD.

Peaceful protests are protected by the Constitution, violence is not.

dimocraps are the scum of the earth

period

But both included destruction of property to make a political point. One is praised but the other not. Why? I wonder why?

If probably has something to do with her dumbass decision to give the young folks a little 'space' in order to vent their destructive inclinations last Saturday night, eh?

"Give 'em an inch and they'll take a mile."

Dumb choice.

Predictable outcome, and escalation.

You don't know what you are talking about. Mayor Rawlings-Blake said that the police were exercising a balancing act between respecting people's right to express themselves, while also trying to prevent violence from breaking out. What she said was that the by giving people the "space" to peacefully express themselves, those who were intent on destruction also gained "space" to start a commotion. Police had to carefully balance tamping down on people getting out of hand, while also not oppressing people who were peacefully expressing themselves.

Stephanie Rawlings-Blake does not suffer fools. She does not give people "space" to vent "destructive inclinations." Perhaps you saw the video of the mother in Baltimore smacking her son for being part of the riot. Stephanie Rawlings-Blake is a personality much like that woman, though more refined in the way she expresses herself. No less firm and intolerant of bullshit, though. That is why people out here support her so much. She is no nonsense, yet at the same time very cool and collected.

If probably has something to do with her dumbass decision to give the young folks a little 'space' in order to vent their destructive inclinations last Saturday night, eh?

Dumb choice.

You don't know what you are talking about. Mayor Rawlings-Blake said that the police were exercising a balancing act between respecting people's right to express themselves, while also trying to prevent violence from breaking out. What she said was that the by giving people the "space" to peacefully express themselves, those who were intent on destruction also gained "space" to start a commotion. Police had to carefully balance tamping down on people getting out of hand, while also not oppressing people who were peacefully expressing themselves.

Stephanie Rawlings-Blake does not suffer fools. She does not give people "space" to vent "destructive inclinations." Perhaps you saw the video of the mother in Baltimore smacking her son for being part of the riot. Stephanie Rawlings-Blake is a personality much like that woman, though more refined in the way she expresses herself. No less firm and intolerant of bullshit, though. That is why people out here support her so much. She is no nonsense, yet at the same time very cool and collected.

And from NBC - a liberal-leaning news outlet, no less...

============

April 28, 2015...

Baltimore Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake Under Fire For 'Space' to Destroy Comment

With her city spiraling out of control, Baltimore Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake has two problems: quelling the violence — and clarifying a controversial comment she made over the weekend before it erupted.

"I've made it very clear that I work with the police and instructed them to do everything they could to make sure that the protesters were able to exercise their right to free speech," Rawlings-Blake said Saturday as Baltimore roiled following the funeral of Freddie Gray, the black man who died in police custody April 19.

"It's a very delicate balancing act because while we try to make sure that they were protected from the cars and the other things that were going on, we also gave those who wished to destroy space to do that as well, and we work very hard to keep that balance and to put ourselves in the best position to de-escalate."...

Baltimore Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake Under Fire For Space to Destroy Comment - NBC News

====================

Thank you for playing...

Next contestant, please...

Watching these cities burn and these stupid politicians do nothing just makes me angry.
New Orleans, Ferguson & now Baltimore. They all have several things in common. Can YOU figure it out? The problem is quite obvious

Rebellion against tyranny doesn't hold as much charm for the don't tread on me types now, does it?
what tyranny assclown?

Shoot the fucking looters and the others will catch a clue.

If my store were in Baltimore you can bet your sweet ass I'd be there with my shotgun, rifle and handgun defending my property.

Shoot the fuckers.

Whats your solution if not civil or legal?

Thoreau wrote on peaceful protests.

Gandhi used them successfully

Women's suffrage was peacefully protested and successful

"Sit-Ins" work

MLK was a peaceful man

Early on, in the beginning of the anti war movement (before scum of the earth dimocraps took it over) the Flower Movement got a lot of attention

And my favoritist most gooder peaceful protest of all time >>

640px-Lady_Godiva_by_John_Collier.jpg
You refer to major battles of major civil rights issues.
That is not what we have going on here. Here we have a possible murder & rampant random crimes committed with that as their underlying excuse.

You comparing this situation to all that stuff from our past is comical. There simply is no comparison

Whats your solution if not civil or legal?

Thoreau wrote on peaceful protests.

Gandhi used them successfully

Women's suffrage was peacefully protested and successful

"Sit-Ins" work

MLK was a peaceful man

Early on, in the beginning of the anti war movement (before scum of the earth dimocraps took it over) the Flower Movement got a lot of attention

And my favoritist most gooder peaceful protest of all time >>

640px-Lady_Godiva_by_John_Collier.jpg
Not to mention your pie in the sky storytelling is uncalled for in this thread. You condemn democrats in one breath while supporting their cause in the next.

You are confused

Watching these cities burn and these stupid politicians do nothing just makes me angry.
New Orleans, Ferguson & now Baltimore. They all have several things in common. Can YOU figure it out? The problem is quite obvious

Rebellion against tyranny doesn't hold as much charm for the don't tread on me types now, does it?

These are juvenile delinquents run amok. Funny how you can't seem to understand even the most basic of concepts. well, seeing how it's you..I guess it's not.

...nice "assault rifles"

a "nice", or good assault rifle costs about $15,000.00 to $20,000.00.., unless one has an oil well in their back yard, how does an average Joe afford to buy one ?

The Truth About Assault Weapons

The 1986 law which outlawed the further manufacture of machineguns is what has driven the prices out of sight. When I bought my first machine gun back in the 1960's the tax stamp for it cost more than the weapon. That same weapon is now worth more than 100,000 bucks. The law was part of a Gun Owners Rights act and the NRA abandoned the MG owners in their misguided attempt to appease the anti gun crowd in Congress. It is the reason why I relinquished my membership in the NRA.

It had nothing to do with getting weapons out of the hands of black people however. I'm still waiting for anti P to show me the law he referred to.

Dumb choice.

Rawlings is worthless. You don't give animals space to destroy property.

"Another liberal city burns as the local politicians stand by dumbfounded"

Another rightwing poster whose thread premise fails as a lie.

The mayor herself said she gave the rioters "space to destroy."
I think you're spinning her words.

Of course you do.

Dumb choice.

============

April 28, 2015...

Baltimore Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake Under Fire For 'Space' to Destroy Comment

With her city spiraling out of control, Baltimore Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake has two problems: quelling the violence — and clarifying a controversial comment she made over the weekend before it erupted.

"I've made it very clear that I work with the police and instructed them to do everything they could to make sure that the protesters were able to exercise their right to free speech," Rawlings-Blake said Saturday as Baltimore roiled following the funeral of Freddie Gray, the black man who died in police custody April 19.

"It's a very delicate balancing act because while we try to make sure that they were protected from the cars and the other things that were going on, we also gave those who wished to destroy space to do that as well, and we work very hard to keep that balance and to put ourselves in the best position to de-escalate."...

Baltimore Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake Under Fire For Space to Destroy Comment - NBC News

====================

Thank you for playing...

And as you can plainly see the meaning is exactly what SwimExpert and I have said.

There was no designated destruction area as some would want us to believe

Of course you do.

Dumb choice.

============

April 28, 2015...

====================

Thank you for playing...

And as you can plainly see the meaning is exactly what SwimExpert and I have said.

Someone didn't watch live coverage of it last night otherwise statements such as yours wouldn't be made.
The rioters were allowed free reign for several hours.

Stick your head back in the sand

"tyranny"?
LMAO..settle down...new orleans negroes were unleashed when law and order broke down due to a natural disaster....
ferguson was a good shoot of a negro felon who attacked a cop...
baltimore is in flames because negroes don't care about facts.

They aren't "rebelling against tyranny.' They just a bunch of criminals cashing in on a chance to loot local businesses.

Of course they're not because you don't agree with them. So stop all your bullshit about the sacred right of Americans to overthrow their government.

When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.

Declaration of Independence

Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world.Nor is this right confined to cases in which the whole people of an existing government may choose to exercise it. Any portion of such people, that can may revolutionize and make their own of so many of the territory as they inhabit."

Abraham Lincoln

Jan 12, 1848

LMAO..this nation was FOUNDED by revolution...not a student of history, I see.

And where is Maxine Waters and that birdbrain from Texas this week? the ones that are infamous for making some of the most outlandish(lets just say dumbest) remarks/accusations/facts ever coming out of a mouth of a liberal? oh wait, they only bitch when a crisis happens in a purple state.

Shoot the fucking looters and the others will catch a clue.

If my store were in Baltimore you can bet your sweet ass I'd be there with my shotgun, rifle and handgun defending my property.

Shoot the fuckers.

Note: The people who think people shouldn't own guns belong to the gang that told the police to give the rioters "space to destroy." If they were trying to burn my business down I would put a bullet right between their eyes. Then you would see a riot stopped before it ever got started. If this riot shows anything, it demonstrates one of the main reasons people need to own guns.

Of course you do.

Dumb choice.

============

April 28, 2015...

====================

Thank you for playing...

Someone didn't watch live coverage of it last night otherwise statements such as yours wouldn't be made.
The rioters were allowed free reign for several hours.

Stick your head back in the sand
police were overwhelmed. That does not mean it was the plan.

Forum List

Back