Are Christians hypocrites?

Several times in high school I tried to courageously act upon my convictions and not bow my head as Christian prayers were recited over the public address system. Later, I was looked at with scorned as students learned that I was not doing what was expected. During break time, one student even got in my face and shoved me asking why I would not pray with the others and suggested that I thought that I was better than everybody else. Thinking back, I think that I should have filed an assault complaint. He came close to hitting me. Then, for my bachelor party, some friends took me to a strip club. A coworker learned about it and gave me a long lecture about how he was “disappointed with me”. I thanked him for his unrequested opinion of me, but he would not take the hint. He continued to “push the Bible” until I finally told him to leave me alone. There are many other examples but I have stuff to do. Your turn.

I am not saying that there should be a law. Don’t put words in my mouth. I am just saying that a Christian can be, and often is, just as much a pushy nosey, judgmental busy-body as a non-Christian can be.

So basically, you mostly have your panties in a wad over people expressing opinions - albeit obnoxiously - at you? And you somehow have decided that this is unique to religious people?

If you want to see examples from the other side, how about all the homosexual activists who invaded and disrupted church services, threw things at parishioners, knocked an old lady around and stomped on her styrofoam cross, and got numerous people fired as protests to the passage of California's Prop 8? What've you got in that vein from Christians?

So basically, you mostly have your panties in a wad over people expressing opinions - albeit obnoxiously - at you? And you somehow have decided that this is unique to religious people?

If you want to see examples from the other side, how about all the homosexual activists who invaded and disrupted church services, threw things at parishioners, knocked an old lady around and stomped on her styrofoam cross, and got numerous people fired as protests to the passage of California's Prop 8? What've you got in that vein from Christians?

Okay, you have gone from ill-informed to stupid at the speed of one post.

And, it specifically mentions homosexuality WHERE again?

I see stuff about adultery, fornications, murders, coveting, wickedness, deceit, lasciviousness, evil eyes, blasphemey, pride and foolishness, all of which can apply to ANYONE, including heterosexuals, but don't see anything about homosexuality.

I guess it's in the lobotomized interpretation of that verse, right AlwaysABitch?

Er, no, idiot. Not only does it specifically mention that that which come from within a man defileth a man, but unless I missed something, I think sex outside of marriage is fornication and/or adultery...and unless I missed something, men and men can't marry.

It's an analogy based on "living on faith" that seems too complex for many of you to understand. We here are living by science, maybe some myth, but those who advance all the wonderful things you have did so not by faith but by science. Avoiding reality wouldn't have allowed that, which is what living by faith means. So if you want to remain nomadic hunters without medicine, computers, etc. you can live by faith and leave the rest of us be, or you can admit that you don't live by faith and use the science just like the rest of us.

Your false god did not give us computers, they were invented by a scientist. Your false god didn't give you medicine, cars, nothing, it was all our advances. Advances we as humans should be proud of, since that pride would lead to even more, but instead most want to say "our god gave it to them", well, ANYONE in ANY religion can easily make that claim, but to do so only slows progress as we had seen in the Dark Ages.

If you want to live by faith, fine, go back to the Dark Ages and leave the rest of the world alone.

Lol. I love it when a freaked out wiccan tells Christians #1, that they don't understand their own bible, and #2, if they did they'd be living in the past.

The bible doesn't tell us not to use computers, honey. Nor does it say that we are supposed to avoid science.

Er, no, idiot. Not only does it specifically mention that that which come from within a man defileth a man, but unless I missed something, I think sex outside of marriage is fornication and/or adultery...and unless I missed something, men and men can't marry.

If that was the case, then in order to save them you have to make marriage between two men or two women legal, otherwise you are breaking your own religious laws.

Lol. I love it when a freaked out wiccan tells Christians #1, that they don't understand their own bible, and #2, if they did they'd be living in the past.

The bible doesn't tell us not to use computers, honey. Nor does it say that we are supposed to avoid science.

Hmm ... aside from the glaring ignorance on your post, I do have one question, since when did I mention any of the many bibles that exist, much less the christian one?

I'm not going to answer blatant stupidity. It's ridiculous, you have no idea what you're talking about.

Er.......no, you dumb slut, you didn't miss anything, you just interpreted it in the narrow view of your own preconceived notions.

Do you want me to post some more biblical passages about homosexuality, oh learned biblical scholar dude?

Matt, if everybody was expected to bow their heads and pray, I would have taken my shirt off, raised my hands to the heavens and started shouting out loud. "Praise the Lord, halleluia!" I love being a contrarian, and I am not afraid to make people think about their convictions.

If somebody castigates me, I am cool with that. They are simply saying that they don't do things the way I do. I freely admit to having been a sinner before I found God. I am very tolerant of sinners and sometimes, I smile at them. It is all perspective, dude. That is what makes life fun. If we were all the same, it would be boredom city.

You gotta get out and shake things up a little.

and you have no problem with non-Christians doing their share. Okay. Well, some people do.

If you want to see examples from the other side, how about all the homosexual activists who invaded and disrupted church services, threw things at parishioners, knocked an old lady around and stomped on her styrofoam cross, and got numerous people fired as protests to the passage of California's Prop 8?

I I condemn those actions too right along with abortion clinic bombings.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back