Zone1 Are Jews the choosen people of God?

I feel blessed because I am blessed.

Health, wealth, and contentment. What more does one need? :)

mindfulness
respect
decency
sympathy
sincerity
perseverance
mercy
perseverance
gentleness
modesty
constancy
gratitude
humility
discretion
discipline
nobility
reverence
honesty
seriousness
sense of freedom
diligence
kindness
peaceableness
hospitality
patience
composure
obedience
calmness of mind
frugality
righteousness
equanimity
kindness
generosity
kindness of heart
cordiality
devotion
courtesy
humour
chastity
prudence
temperance (moderation)
benevolence
compassion
courage
forbearance
charity
candour
honesty
respect
consideration
gentleness
decency
self-respect
self-confidence
self-control
selflessness
self-reliance
greatness of soul
sportsmanship
steadfastness
bravery
tolerance
loyalty
prudence
incorruptibility
unselfishness
imperturbability
impartiality
willingness to change
forgiveness
truthfulness
wisdom
open-mindedness
benevolence
determination
restraint

And do not forget to ask a Rabbi who had been Job.

Last edited:
?

The Jews are the people of god. Ask god why he decided to do so - and listen what he says to you with your 'outs of god'. Although this seems to be imposible I'm sure god will find a way to speak with you if he likes to tell you something. Not sure whether you will survive this.
The Jews are the people of God as he identified himself through the old covenant. Sadly, they haven't kept up. God now speaks to us through Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit.

Mindfulness
Respect
decency
sympathy
sincerity
perseverance
Mercy
perseverance
gentleness
modesty
constancy
Gratitude
humility
discretion
Discipline
Nobility
Reverence
Honesty
Seriousness
Sense of freedom
Diligence
kindness
Peaceableness
Hospitality
Patience
Composure
obedience
Calmness of mind
Frugality
righteousness
Equanimity
Kindness
generosity
(Kindness of heart
Cordiality
devotion
courtesy
humour
Chastity
Prudence
Temperance (moderation)
Benevolence
compassion
Courage
Forbearance
Charity
candour
Honesty
respect
Consideration
gentleness
Decency
Self-respect
Self-confidence
self-control
Selflessness
Self-reliance
greatness of soul
Sportsmanship
steadfastness
Bravery
Tolerance
Loyalty
Prudence
incorruptibility
unselfishness
imperturbability
impartiality
Willingness to change
Forgiveness
Truthfulness
wisdom
Open-mindedness
Benevolence
Determination
Restraint
Nice list, thanks.
I check most of those boxes but I'm a little weak in,

Sympathy
Modesty
Humility
Compassion
Bravery
Willingness to change
Open-mindedness

but that comes from experience and self-awareness.

Last edited:
I think that most in the Christian west believe they are blessed, if only because of their belief.
Everyone should believe they are blessed for no other reason than they are beings that know and create. An extremely rare and precious gift.

For you are dust,

and to dust you shall return.

Now you found out what's the problem. But you still prefer not to understand what others say to you. 30 years ago your dust was by the way a totally other dust than the dust now. "You are dust" means only to be made with dust. Here - in this world. Dust is dust. But also here in this world is more.

Last edited:
Everyone should believe they are blessed for no other reason than they are beings that know and create. An extremely rare and precious gift.

Wäre das Wort ›Danke‹ das einzige Gebet, das du je sprichst, so würde es genügen.
Meister Eckhart
If the word 'thank you' were the only prayer you ever said, it would be enough.

Last edited:
----
Der Mensch soll sich nicht genügen lassen an einem gedachten Gott. Denn wenn der Gedanke vergeht, so vergeht auch der Gott. Man soll vielmehr einen wesenhaften Gott haben, der weit erhaben ist über die Gedanken des Menschen und aller Kreaturen.
Wer Gott so, das heißt im Sein, hat, der nimmt Gott göttlich und dem leuchtet er in allen Dingen. Denn alle Dinge schmecken ihm nach Gott, und Gottes Bild wird ihm aus allen Dingen sichtbar. In ihm glänzt Gott alle Zeit, in ihm vollziehen sich eine loslösende Abkehr und eine Einprägung seines geliebten gegenwärtigen Gottes.

-----
Meister Eckhart (1260–1327) aus: „herzoffen“ (Echter Verlag, Würzburg 2017)
-----
Man should not be satisfied with an imaginary God. For when the thought passes away, the God also passes away. Rather, one should have an essential God who is far above the thoughts of man and all creatures.
Whoever has God in this way, that is, in being, perceives God divinely and He shines in all things. For all things taste of God to him, and God's image becomes visible to him in all things. In him God shines all the time, in him a detaching renunciation and an imprint of his beloved present God take place.

-----

I always understood traditional catholic/orthodox/lutheran(?) theology to say that jews were once choosen, but they killed christ, so the blood of christ "is upon them and their children" and the choosen people or the people of God are not by circumisation anymore but by faith in Christ "in christ we are one, be it woman or man or slave or free or jew or greek" i think the choosen is the church now. But I think even the catholic church made adjustments, giving again more credit to christian zionism and such, that jews are still choosen people. I think the first pope say that was pope john paul the second, he apologised to jews as first pope and declared jews are still choosen people, i think the catholic church didnt fully broke with their traditional doctrine, but this where they made compromises.
Don’t “ Christians “ believe that GOD sent his ONLY SON down to die for our sins? On one hand that’s what they say. However as we all know Actions Speak Louder then Words Look at what has occurred for over 2000 years Talk about HYPOCRISY.

God sent his Son to save humanity and He put Him in Israel.

Some took Him up on Salvation and some did not.

Israel nowadays are the ones that didn't accept Jesus.
Please tell us why Jews should accept Jesus

Now you found out what's the problem. But you still prefer not to understand what others say to you. 30 years ago your dust was by the way a totally other dust than the dust now. "You are dust" means only to be made with dust. Here - in this world. Dust is dust. But also here in this world is more.
Saying we are dust is saying that we are creatures. Creatures that are destined to be born and creatures that destined to die. Don't read anything else into it. As to your point that we are more than matter, I agree.

Wäre das Wort ›Danke‹ das einzige Gebet, das du je sprichst, so würde es genügen.
Meister Eckhart
If the word 'thank you' were the only prayer you ever said, it would be enough.

Thankful people will always have better relationships than thankless people, so I agree.

Forum List

Back