Are Slavery/Holocaust comparisons fair?

Then you didn't study it very well. Serfs were treated even more poorly than American slaves. That's one of the reasons why communism was able to abuse them for so long. They had never experienced anything even close to freedom.
Most Russian Peasants were not that Unfree. About 45% were not serfs. Another 20% peasants were serfs who had only extra tax obligation -- no labor obligation. About 30% of peasants had work obligations and 5% of serfs were de facto slaves -- domestic servants subject to frequent abuse.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
The African slave trade began millenia before whitey ever set foot in Europe.
The African slave trade was not like whiteys slave trade. In African slave trade you could earn freedom. Most of Africans were enslaved as punishment for crimes. So slavery was basically like our system of jmprisonment. Also African prisoners of war were enslaved. You really need to study these things because you look really stupid trying to compare the slavery whites pun on Africans with how Africans used slavery.

"The historian Kenneth Stampp, in his remarkable book “The Peculiar Institution,” has a fascinating section on the psychological indoctrination that was necessary from the master’s point of view to make a good slave. He gathered the material for this section primarily from the manuals and other documents which were produced by slaveowners on the subject of training slaves. Stampp notes five recurring aspects of this training.

First, those who managed the slaves had to maintain strict discipline. One master said, “Unconditional submission is the only footing upon which slavery should be placed.” Another said, “The slave must know that his master is to govern absolutely and he is to obey implicitly, that he is never, for a moment, to exercise either his will or judgement in opposition to a positive order.” Second, the masters felt that they had to implant in the bondsman a consciousness of personal inferiority. This sense of inferiority was deliberately extended to his past. The slaveowners were convinced that in order to control the Negroes, the slaves “had to feel that African ancestry tainted them, that their color was a badge of degradation.” The third step in the training process was to awe the slaves with a sense of the masters’ enormous power. It was necessary, various owners said, “to make then stand in fear.” The fourth aspect was the attempt to “persuade the bondsman to take in an interest in the master’s enterprise and to accept his standards of good conduct.” Thus, the master’s criteria of what was good and true and beautiful were to be accepted unquestionably by the slaves. The final step, according to Stampp’s documents, was “to impress Negroes with their helplessness: to create in them a habit of perfect dependence upon their masters.”

Here, then, was the way to produce a perfect slave. Accustom him to rigid discipline, demand fro him unconditional submission, impress upon him a sense of his innate inferiority, develop in him a paralyzing fear of white men, train him to adopt the master’s code of good behavior, and instill in him a sense of complete dependence."

Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
Taken from his last book “Where Do We Go from Here: Chaos or Community?” (1967) (pages 39-40)

I'd Rather Have Diploma Dumbos Call Me a "Grammar Nazi" Than Not See Grammar. Their Own Low-IQ Grammar Proves That College Is a Fraud and Should Not Be Rewarded.

Ignorant and dysfunctional language lead to ignorant and dysfunctional thought. A nation has to be pre-conditioned, crippling its minds first, in order to become unthinking believers in something like Naziism. Under orders from the ruling class, teachers in New Age America have been told to treat grammar as irrelevant.

Whoever controls language controls thought. So those who are called "Grammar Nazis" want to stop this dumbing down, which enables fascists. It's typical of the ungrammatical to call people the exact opposite of what they are.
White racism is dysfunctional thought. This is why America is dysfunctional today.

I just shown you you were. But you are a hateful, ignorant, racist hack. So you ignoring that doesnt surprise me.
Since Jefferson freed his slaves after he died, you are being dishonest. Now the truth you don't face is, the man who wrote that all men are endowed with life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness had no business owning slaves in the first place. But being the racist apolgist you are, you look for anything to try discrediting any fact about white racism.

Since Jefferson freed his slaves after he died, you are being dishonest. Now the truth you don't face is, the man who wrote that all men are endowed with life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness had no business owning slaves in the first place. But being the racist apolgist you are, you look for anything to try discrediting any fact about white racism.
WRONG AGAIN. He was alive and thats just ONE slave owner.
While I agree, they didnt look at blacks as human.
Im not discrediting anything you fucking moron. Im just showing you, you were incorrect AGAIN.

I have to laugh at people like TNHarley.

Thomas Jefferson owned 600 slaves. According to your link 21 were freed on or before his death. That leaves 579 slaves. 200 were sold at etate sales to other people. I mean, Harley you gotta do better than this "4 people were freed, so you are wrong about nobody being freed from slavery," garbage. After all this, we still see at leat 379 slaves that were owned by Jeffoerson who apparently were not freed.

Thomas Jefferson owned 600 slaves. According to your link 21 were freed on or before his death. That leaves 579 slaves. 200 were sold at etate sales to other people. I mean, Harley you gotta do better than this "4 people were freed, so you are wrong about nobody being freed from slavery," garbage. After all this, we still see at leat 379 slaves that were owned by Jeffoerson who apparently were not freed.
You said no slave was ever freed. I have shown you that is not true. So laugh away. Never seen someone that thinks their own willful ignorance is funny :lol:

Thats just ONE owner. It only took one owner to show your claim was false.

WRONG AGAIN. He was alive and thats just ONE slave owner.
While I agree, they didnt look at blacks as human.
Im not discrediting anything you fucking moron. Im just showing you, you were incorrect AGAIN.
No, Harley. And the fact is Jefferson bred slaves for sale.

“In fact, most American slaves were not kidnapped on another continent. Though over 12.7 million Africans were forced onto ships to the Western hemisphere, estimates only have 400,000-500,000 landing in present-day America. How then to account for the four million black slaves who were tilling fields in 1860? “The South,” the Sublettes write, “did not only produce tobacco, rice, sugar, and cotton as commodities for sale; it produced people.” Slavers called slave-breeding “natural increase,” but there was nothing natural about producing slaves; it took scientific management. Thomas Jefferson bragged to George Washington that the birth of black children was increasing Virginia’s capital stock by four percent annually.”

Ned & Constance Sublette, The American Slave Coast: A History of the Slave-Breeding Industry
If slave owners were freeing so many slaves there would have been no secession by southern states or the Emancipation Proclamation or a need for the 13th amendment.

You said no slave was ever freed. I have shown you that is not true. So laugh away. Never seen someone that thinks their own willful ignorance is funny :lol:
I am laughing at your juvenile argument. "Hey IM2, Jeffferson freed 2 slaves so you see slaves did get freed." Youe disingenuousness is what's funny.

No, Harley. And the fact is Jefferson bred slaves for sale.

“In fact, most American slaves were not kidnapped on another continent. Though over 12.7 million Africans were forced onto ships to the Western hemisphere, estimates only have 400,000-500,000 landing in present-day America. How then to account for the four million black slaves who were tilling fields in 1860? “The South,” the Sublettes write, “did not only produce tobacco, rice, sugar, and cotton as commodities for sale; it produced people.” Slavers called slave-breeding “natural increase,” but there was nothing natural about producing slaves; it took scientific management. Thomas Jefferson bragged to George Washington that the birth of black children was increasing Virginia’s capital stock by four percent annually.”

Ned & Constance Sublette, The American Slave Coast: A History of the Slave-Breeding Industry
If slave owners were freeing so many slaves there would have been no secession by southern states or the Emancipation Proclamation or a need for the 13th amendment.
You didnt make the claim slaves werent breed or many slaves were never freed you stupid mother fucker. You claimed no slave was freed which was a LIE
Goddamn, be a man and just admit it or at LEAST shut the fuck up.

I am laughing at your juvenile argument. "Hey IM2, Jeffferson freed 2 slaves so you see slaves did get freed." Youe disingenuousness is what's funny.
Its not an argument it is fact. You made a claim and i corrected it. Ignoring reality is on you. Not me.

"The historian Kenneth Stampp, in his remarkable book “The Peculiar Institution,” has a fascinating section on the psychological indoctrination that was necessary from the master’s point of view to make a good slave. He gathered the material for this section primarily from the manuals and other documents which were produced by slaveowners on the subject of training slaves. Stampp notes five recurring aspects of this training.

First, those who managed the slaves had to maintain strict discipline. One master said, “Unconditional submission is the only footing upon which slavery should be placed.” Another said, “The slave must know that his master is to govern absolutely and he is to obey implicitly, that he is never, for a moment, to exercise either his will or judgement in opposition to a positive order.” Second, the masters felt that they had to implant in the bondsman a consciousness of personal inferiority. This sense of inferiority was deliberately extended to his past. The slaveowners were convinced that in order to control the Negroes, the slaves “had to feel that African ancestry tainted them, that their color was a badge of degradation.” The third step in the training process was to awe the slaves with a sense of the masters’ enormous power. It was necessary, various owners said, “to make then stand in fear.” The fourth aspect was the attempt to “persuade the bondsman to take in an interest in the master’s enterprise and to accept his standards of good conduct.” Thus, the master’s criteria of what was good and true and beautiful were to be accepted unquestionably by the slaves. The final step, according to Stampp’s documents, was “to impress Negroes with their helplessness: to create in them a habit of perfect dependence upon their masters.”

Here, then, was the way to produce a perfect slave. Accustom him to rigid discipline, demand fro him unconditional submission, impress upon him a sense of his innate inferiority, develop in him a paralyzing fear of white men, train him to adopt the master’s code of good behavior, and instill in him a sense of complete dependence."

Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
Taken from his last book “Where Do We Go from Here: Chaos or Community?” (1967) (pages 39-40)
So? Are you implying that that conditioning has carried down for a hundred and fifty years?

Forum List

Back