Are Whites Ashamed...

Some of my grandparents were born in Europe, in what form do we have a "Head-start" exactly?

If anything, you Jack-Arses have been here a lot longer than "US"
Are you currently in the US? If not I am not talking to you. If you are then your family immediately benefited from being white the instant they became us citizens.

Oh really?
So, first "My Family" were ridiculed for being "Polish / Catholic", and then for being "White" once Affirmative Action could be used to discriminate against "Whites"?????
Even when they were ridiculed they were still considered to be less of a threat than Blacks.

So, which Whites are as violent of a threat as "Blacks"?

I mean Russia has the highest "White" murder rate in the World, and even though they live in a lot worse poverty than Black-Americans, the murder rate of Russia is a lot lower than Afro-Americans.
Pretty much all whites are violent. When I say "threat" I mean a threat to out succeed you whites which is what the topic is about. Are you embarrassed and angry your founding fathers and subsequent leadership thought so little of whites they had to develop systems to keep Blacks down so you could have a head start?
All whites are violent? I would not think you would stoop that low to stereotype others. You don't know all whites. Most of the violent crimes committed anywhere I have ever lived have not been by whites.

When applied to equality between racial groups, the test of personal responsibility stands immovably. Racial group self-responsibility means that whatever advances, achievements, failures, or historical calamities a race accomplishes or does not accomplish, blame lies squarely with that race and no other when facing the consequences of their historical, societal, civilizational and geographic actions. That's all there is for your argument; all there will ever be.
So laws like the following had nothing to do with anything and keep in mind, this is just one state out of 50
Kentucky
1866: Miscegenation
This law prohibited whites from marrying any African American who is more than 12% African American (meaning having a blood relation up to the third generation to an African American). Penalty of not following this law was a felony that was punishable by imprisonment in the state penitentiary up to five years.

1866: Education
This gave all school district trustees the right to create separate schools for African American children.

1873: Education
It was unlawful for a black child to attend a white school, and vice versa. No separate colored school was allowed to be located within one mile of a separate white school. This law excluded schools in cities and towns but did not allow the schools in those areas within six hundred feet of the other.

1890: Railroads
All railway companies were required to provide separate but equal accommodations for white and colored passengers. Penalty to do so resulted in the passengers or conductors receiving a fine of $25 or imprisonment for 20 days. Any officers and directors of railway companies that fail to follow this law were found guilty of a misdemeanor and could be fined between $100 and $500. This law excluded streetcars.

1892: Railroads
Railroads were to provide separate coaches for white and colored passengers. Signs stating the race for each car must be posted. Penalty to do so was railway companies that failed could be fined from between $500 to $1,500. Any conductors who failed to enforce the law were to be fined from $50 to $100.

1893: Miscegenation
Any marriage between a white person and an African American or mixed citizen was prohibited.

1894: Railroads
Railroad stations must provide separate but equal waiting rooms for the white and colored passengers. A sign posting what race was in what room was to be seeable by everyone. Penalty to do so would end in a fine $25 or imprisoned up to 30 days. Any agents failing to enforce the law were found guilty of misdemeanor that was punishable by a fine of $25 to $50.

1894: Miscegenation
Any marriage between a person of color and a white person was prohibited.

1902: Streetcars
All streetcars must provide separate but equal accommodations to a passenger of any race. The failure to do so ended with such penalties as passengers or conductors could receive a fine of $25 or imprisonment up to 30 days. Any railway company that refused to follow could receive a fine of $100 or imprisonment between two and six months.

1904: Education
It was unlawful to maintain or operate any college, school, or institution where persons of the white and African American races are both allowed to attend. This law did not prohibit private schools or colleges from maintaining a segregated school in a different location for each race no less than 25 miles. The penalty for not following this law resulted in any violators receiving a $1,000 fine. The United States Supreme Court upheld the constitutionality of the statute in Berea College v. Kentucky.

1908: Public Accommodation
It was unlawful for whites and blacks to purchase and consume alcohol on the same location. Penalty for this act was a misdemeanor punishable by a fine from $50 to $500 or an imprisonment in the parish prison or jail up to two years.

1908: Miscegenation
Cohabitation of a white person and an African American without legal marriage is a felony. Penalty for committing such an act resulted in imprisonment from one month to one year, with or without hard labor.

1909: Health Care
An institution for the education of colored deaf mutes was to be established. But segregation in this school was to still be enforced.

1912: Residential
Building permits for building Negro houses in white communities, or any portion of a community inhabited principally by white people, and vice versa prohibited. Penalty: violators fined from $50 to $2,000, "and the municipality shall have the right to cause said building to be removed and destroyed."

1914: Public Accommodation
All circuses, shows and tent exhibitions were required to provide two ticket offices with individual ticket sellers and two entrances to the performance for each race.

1915: Education
No white children were allowed to attend any graded common school for colored children and vice versa.

1918: Prisons
This law allowed the segregation of races in all municipal, parish, and state prisons.

1921: Education
This law called for separate public schools for the education of white and black children between the ages of six and eighteen.

1921: Housing
This prohibited African American and white families from living in the same home.

1928: Education
This gave separate textbooks for white and African American school children.

1928: Public Carrier
Separate but equal accommodations were required to be provided on all forms of public transportation.

1932: Residential
No person or businesses were allowed to rent an apartment in an apartment complex or other housing buildings to a person who differs in race from the other occupants.

1932: Miscegenation
All interracial marriages were outlawed. Invalidated interracial marriages if the parties went to another legal power where such marriages were legal. Marriages between African Americans and Native Americans were also prohibited.

1933: Public Accommodations
Establishment of segregated libraries for different races was authorized.

1934: Education
All schools were required to be racially segregated.

1942: Health Care
There were to be separate but equal accommodations for whites and African Americans provided in nursing homes.

1944: Miscegenation
Any marriage between a white person and an African American or racially mixed citizen was prohibited. Penalty to follow this law was a fine of $500 to $5,000. If the people continued to be interracially married the result would be imprisonment in prison from three to twelve months.

1944: Railroads
Separate coaches for white and African American passengers were required.

1948: Barred School Segregation
This law did not allow African American physicians and nurses to take postgraduate courses in public hospitals and Louisville.

1950: Barred School Segregation
African Americans were allowed to attend colleges and universities under two conditions. These conditions are that if comparable courses were not available at Kentucky's African American College in Frankfort, KY and the school's governing body had to approve of this act.

1951: Miscegenation
Any intimate relation between whites and African Americans was illegal. Failure to follow this law ended in fines up to $1,000, up to five years in prison, or both.

1951: Adoption
Interracial adoptions were banned.

1952: Miscegenation
Interracial marriages were prohibited. Penalty of failing to follow this law was Up to $1,000 and/or five years in prison.

1953: Health Care
It was required to establish separate tuberculosis hospitals for each race. This law was then repealed in 1954.

1956: Public Carriers
This law revised older laws that required common carriers to provide separate waiting rooms for white intrastate passengers and for African American intrastate passengers.

1956: Employment
Provided that all persons, firms, or corporations create separate bathroom facilities for members of the white and African American races employed by them or allowed to come into the business. In addition, separate rooms to eat in as well as separate eating and drinking utensils were required to be provided for members of the white and African American races. Not following this law gave to offender a misdemeanor, a fine of $100 to $1,000, or 60 days to one year in prison.

1956: Recreation
All businesses were prohibited from permitting any dancing, social functions, entertainments, athletic training, games, sports or contests on their premises in which the participants are members of the white and African American races.

1956: Public Accommodations
All public parks, recreation centers, playgrounds, etc. were required to be segregated.

1956: Public Carrier
All forms of public transportation were to be segregated.

1957: Education
All public schools were required to be racially segregated.

1957: Education
There were to be no state funds to non-segregated schools.

1960: Voting Rights
The races of all candidates were to be written on the ballots.[18]

I will not argue against millennia of oppressive laws. Nevertheless; either answer violence with violence or accept existence under tyranny.

that the founding fathers and subsequent leadership had to construct a system that gave them a 300 plus year head start here in the US? If you count the years of enslavement of Blacks. The laws against Blacks reading. The Vagrancy laws. The Jim Crow laws. etc etc arent you kind of pissed off that your white leadership thought so very very little of your ability to succeed on a level playing field?
Nothing to be ashamed of. I had no part in it. I do hate that people had so little regard for other human lives to treat them less than human.
Thank you for your honesty.

"White people have no valid property rights in S. Africa."

Only because Black people took over the government and took them away. Jim crow reversed
Our ancestors also freed the slaves and made equal rights the law of the land. Are you ashamed that so few Blacks participated with that?
If whites purchased the land and did not steal it, it should be given back to them. If a black person buys land here, nobody is taking it away. What is the difference?

Are you currently in the US? If not I am not talking to you. If you are then your family immediately benefited from being white the instant they became us citizens.

Oh really?
So, first "My Family" were ridiculed for being "Polish / Catholic", and then for being "White" once Affirmative Action could be used to discriminate against "Whites"?????
Even when they were ridiculed they were still considered to be less of a threat than Blacks.

I mean Russia has the highest "White" murder rate in the World, and even though they live in a lot worse poverty than Black-Americans, the murder rate of Russia is a lot lower than Afro-Americans.
Pretty much all whites are violent. When I say "threat" I mean a threat to out succeed you whites which is what the topic is about. Are you embarrassed and angry your founding fathers and subsequent leadership thought so little of whites they had to develop systems to keep Blacks down so you could have a head start?
All whites are violent? I would not think you would stoop that low to stereotype others. You don't know all whites. Most of the violent crimes committed anywhere I have ever lived have not been by whites.
Whites as a race are violent and no. There is no equal for violence when it comes to white people. They are the supreme masters of violence. Name one atrocity whites have not committed that is worse. Whites are the only race to wipe another race off the planet.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2

Only because Black people took over the government and took them away. Jim crow reversed
Our ancestors also freed the slaves and made equal rights the law of the land. Are you ashamed that so few Blacks participated with that?
If whites purchased the land and did not steal it, it should be given back to them. If a black person buys land here, nobody is taking it away. What is the difference?
If whites purchased the land they are in possession of stolen goods. There should be no whites owning land. They shouldnt even be in the country.

• Thanks
that the founding fathers and subsequent leadership had to construct a system that gave them a 300 plus year head start here in the US? If you count the years of enslavement of Blacks. The laws against Blacks reading. The Vagrancy laws. The Jim Crow laws. etc etc arent you kind of pissed off that your white leadership thought so very very little of your ability to succeed on a level playing field?
That's old news. Quit pissing and moaning and move into the 21st Century without a chip on your shoulder. Someone will definitely knock it off.
I dunno.....I for one am deeply ashamed.

Oh really?

Whites as a race are violent and no. There is no equal for violence when it comes to white people. They are the supreme masters of violence. Name one atrocity whites have not committed that is worse. Whites are the only race to wipe another race off the planet.

Rwanda, 1994.

Rwanda, 1994.
Really? You do realize whites killed 6 million people that were white like them. How many died in Rwanda? Way less than that.

• Thanks
I am not ashamed of who I am. Aren't you ashamed that your ancestors sold your other ancestors into slavery?
I may have things I should be ashamed of. None of which has anything to do with being white, or having white ancestors. I have done nothing to advance racism like the author of the OP has.

I am not ashamed of who I am. Aren't you ashamed that your ancestors sold your other ancestors into slavery?
I may have things I should be ashamed of. None of which has anything to do with being white, or having white ancestors. I have done nothing to advance racism like the author of the OP has.
I didnt ask if you were ashamed of yourself. I asked were you ashamed your founding fathers and subsequent leadership thought so little of your abilities that they legislated you a head start by holding other races back?

I didnt ask if you were ashamed of yourself. I asked were you ashamed your founding fathers and subsequent leadership thought so little of your abilities that they legislated you a head start by holding other races back?

They were pretty ignorant, I would say. But no, I am not what you would call "ashamed" Shame is something that I reserve. Those people are dead and we have a great country. Why do you live in someone else's past? Enjoy the fruits of the sacrifices made by all, no matter the race. Sorry, I am not into looking too deeply in the past unless it helps to foster the future.

The OP does not seem to have that characteristic

I will not argue against millennia of oppressive laws. Nevertheless; either answer violence with violence or accept existence under tyranny.
Yep, that's what the slave uprisings were about, yet STILL even after the abolishment of slavery, whites could commit crimes of violence against blacks with impunity with no repercussions, while blacks had violence perpetrated against them and were killed for the minor offenses of whistling at a white woman, looking a white person in the eyes, vagrancy, etc.

With all of the black people that were lynched in the state of Florida, it wasn't until the year 2017 that the first white person was executed for the murder of a black person.

Anyone who pretends that the deck was not legislatively stacked against people of African descent in order to ensure absolution for the heinous crimes commited against them is no less depraved than those who actually participated in the oppression and subjugation.

They were pretty ignorant, I would say. But no, I am not what you would call "ashamed" Shame is something that I reserve. Those people are dead and we have a great country. Why do you live in someone else's past? Enjoy the fruits of the sacrifices made by all, no matter the race. Sorry, I am not into looking too deeply in the past unless it helps to foster the future.

The OP does not seem to have that characteristic
Thank you for your honest answer.

Rwanda, 1994.
Really? You do realize whites killed 6 million people that were white like them. How many died in Rwanda? Way less than that.

What's the matter, Rwandan Genocide atrocity not atrocious enough for you?

Given the savagery of the Rwandan Genocide and considering that up to 800,000 people were slaughtered within a hundred days, do you really think skin color had anything to do with the lower body count than the Holocaust?

If there had been 6 million Hutus to kill and they had enough time (the Holocaust lasted four years) and no one to stop them, given the nature and level of butchery, I've no doubt they would have killed that many.

You guys always look at these things in terms of body counts and while body counts are interesting factoids, they say nothing about the soul of one race as compared to another. History has proven that no one race is more capable of atrocity than another.

I have no white guilt. My family wasn’t here then and I try to treat all people the way they deserve to be treated.
Thank you for answering honestly.
Is what it is.

• Thanks

If whites purchased the land they are in possession of stolen goods. There should be no whites owning land. They shouldnt even be in the country.
If it is purchased it is not stolen. There are whites who were born in Africa. They had no control over their birthplace. So, in your thought process, should no blacks be in the USA?

Rwanda, 1994.

Given the savagery of the Rwandan Genocide and considering that up to 800,000 people were slaughtered within a hundred days, do you really think skin color had anything to do with the lower body count than the Holocaust?

If there had been 6 million Hutus to kill and they had enough time (the Holocaust lasted four years) and no one to stop them, given the nature and level of butchery, I've no doubt they would have killed that many.

You guys always look at these things in terms of body counts and while body counts are interesting factoids, they say nothing about the soul of one race as compared to another. History has proven that no one race is more capable of atrocity than another.

Well there were not 6 million Hutus so we aren't going to discuss hypotheticals. There was a long period of colonization by whites. During that long period whites decided the Tutsi had supremacy and that created the animosity which eventually led to the act you keep repeating. Whites have colonized every continent and are responsible for over 1 billion dead. There is no equivalence to be had.

Rwanda, 1994.

Well there were not 6 million Hutus so we aren't going to discuss hypotheticals.

Of course there wasn't, that's what makes it hypothetical. And you know as well as I do that if the Hutus had not managed to take control when they did, the slaughter would have continued.

There was a long period of colonization by whites. During that long period whites decided the Tutsi had supremacy and that created the animosity which eventually led to the act you keep repeating. Whites have colonized every continent and are responsible for over 1 billion dead. There is no equivalence to be had.

There isn't an equivalence of numbers but there is an equivalence of bloodthirstiness. It takes the same amount of evil to kill 800,000 as it does to kill 6 million.

Forum List

Back