Atheist answer to the 10 Commandments: 10 rational positions

Do you have links to these scientific studies.

I'm sure you'll find them if you research it. I don't play the "cite game" on forums, it's boring and pointless to me. I post a link, you divert the topic to critique the link... yawn. I' rather you just do the research on your own if you're interested and I'll stand by my statements. Thanks
So, you admit that you have a habit of posting links to weighted, and loaded "studies" designed to advance an agenda, and others expose your biased links for what they are.

No, I said there are numerous studies and there are. Mostly by reputable research firms who don't have an agenda. But here is a great example of how you have to destroy and discredit science when it doesn't comport with your viewpoint. You only seem to care about science when it seems to support what you have to say, otherwise, you dismiss it and reject it on whatever basis you can conjure up.
Science's harshest critic is science. Scientists welcome constructive and harsh criticism. This is how science works.

No, I don't think that you are going to hell, I see that you are already in it.

haha.... wow.... look at where engaging in goofy magical thinking can take you, kids...

lol... goofy magical thinking? The guy is a creep. He goes to church of all places pretending to be a christian to pick up a "piece of pussy".

He;s not in hell? lol....

when a person fills their head with irrational garbage their thinking process is defiled and contaminated, their perceptions perverted, and consequently they say and do stupid things. like you do.

No magical thinking required to see where someone is at..

You might not realize this but there is another world orbiting the light that remains hidden from your sight sitting right above your head.

Last edited:
To some degree, sure. If I shoot you in the face, I have committed murder, and an "evil act", right? But, If you are in the process of raping my sister, when I shoot you in the face, that rather changes the moral calculation a bit, now doesn't it?
Why is it OK to kill a man in the act of rape, but not execute him after he's convicted of it? What is wrong with rape anyway? If some men wrote the 10 Commandments way back when, wouldn't you imagine that they would make raping women OK? I mean, everyone in Hollywood seems to have done it to one degree or another. And the recent movies all seem to show women wanting to be fondled... Yet the Bible clearly names rape a capital offence with very few exceptions. And it seems to be truly Christians who are rather prudish with regard to sex (though marriage is another issue ---- 8 kids is a lot don't you think?).
Okay, first. Rape. Is. Not. A. Sexual. Act. It is an act of control, and violence. So, if a woman forced you to the ground, ripped off your clothes, and forcibly fucked you up the ass with a strap-on, you wouldn't feel violated, or angry? Unless you're a sociopath, of course you would. Well?!?!? What makes you think it is any different for women? So, why would you think that it is perfectly okay to do something to a woman that you would not want done to you?

As to the execution question, I understand that I was not being exact enough in my example. Executing a criminal is, for me, a grey area. I personally think that the burden of proof for execution should be required to be higher than for any other punishment. Because with every other punishment, if we get it wrong, we can release you, pay you fuck-tons of money as recompense for our error, and send you on to the rest of your life. Once you're executed, if we were wrong, well...you're still kinda executed. Sucks to be you. So, in my mind, the death penalty should require not "beyond a reasonable doubt"; it should require "beyond a shadow of a doubt". If you cannot prove to that level of certainty that an accused person did that of which they are accused, then you should not be able to execute them.

That being said, execution is a matter of meting out justice, and should be performed by an uninvolved party. When an aggrieved party does the executing, it is no longer about justice; it has become an act of vengeance. And vengeance is an unhealthy pursuit.
Maybe you should be asking some of the Muslim Extremest this question? The Bible records, "Vengeance is Mine!" says the Lord. However, He also expects the officials that He has placed in power to do their duty when required! And it seems to me that Hollywood talks out of both sides of its mouth. It releases smut and then wonders how on earth can people perform such nasty things? It presents sex in the most vulgar and demeaning light and then expects those dishing out such trash to behave morally straight! Clearly, even you should observe that one reaps exactly what one sows!
Oh, what an irresponsible, finger-pointing load of shit! Movies are not responsible for ;people being assholes. Music is not responsible for people being assholes. Video games are not the reason for people being assholes. Books are not the reason for people being assholes. The devil didn't make any of them "do it". People are assholes because they choose to be assholes. Position #6: Take fucking responsibility for your fucking choices! Don't wait for God to kiss your boo-boo, and make it all better. Don't blame others for your choices. Make your fucking choices, and fucking own them!
You have to be the most vulgar thoughtless person... I guess I must chalk it up to the fact you are an unrepentant atheist. If people can't be influenced, why would billions be spent on advertisements! Of course people can be influenced and you're doing a fairly good job proving it.
So, you are suggesting that advertising causes people to do things they would not otherwise do? Such as?

1. Be open minded and willing to alter your beliefs with new evidence.
  2. Strive to understand what is most likely to be true, not believe what you want to be true.
  3. The scientific method is the most reliable way of understanding the natural world.
  4. Every person has the right to control their own body.
  5. God is not necessary to be a good person, or to live a full and meaningful life.
  6. Be mindful of the consequences of all of your actions and recognise that you must take responsibility for them.
  7. Treat others as you would want them to treat you, and can reasonably expect they want to be treated.
  8. We have the responsibility to consider others, including future generations - which is not to be confused with unborn non-viable fetuses.
  9. There is no right way to live.
  10. Leave the world a better place than you found it.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

These are rational positions by which to live one's life; unlike certain "commandments" of an irrational mythology one might mention.

Um what’s with the need to be counter Christian...this isn’t atheism, this is “we are not Christian.” Just be comfortable with your own freaking atheism, YOU SHOULDNT HAVE TO KEEP COMPARING YOURSELF CHRISTIANITY. Atheism doesn’t need its own 10 commandments, just be an atheist and go about your day. YOURE NOT REALLY AN ATHEIST, YOURE JUST A COUNTER CHRISTIAN.

Let me put it this way, if I felt secure in my ability as a nurse, I wouldn’t feel the need to continually compare myself to others nurses and continually publicly go out and talk about how I’m much better than the nurses around me. If I was doing that...well then I’m really not all that confident in my abilities and feel the need to compensate by always comparing myself to other nurses.
That's not a fair response or analogy. This is a forum for a free exchange and discussion of ideas. You act as if this guy knocked on your door and shoved a flyer in your face, or ruined yet another barbecue by gathering everyone around to preach...... when, in reality, you turned on your device, opened your browser, navigated to this website, and then opened this thread.
This is probably his 5th thread doing this sort of thing. He might as well just be a satanist. Atheism shouldn’t be mimicking Christianity, there’s ZERO need for it as an atheist. It’s like capitalism mimicking communism.

2. Strive to understand what is most likely to be true, not believe what you want to be true.
  3. The scientific method is the most reliable way of understanding the natural world.
  5. God is not necessary to be a good person, or to live a full and meaningful life.
  6. Be mindful of the consequences of all of your actions and recognise that you must take responsibility for them.
  7. Treat others as you would want them to treat you, and can reasonably expect they want to be treated.
  8. We have the responsibility to consider others, including future generations - which is not to be confused with unborn non-viable fetuses.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

These are rational positions by which to live one's life; unlike certain "commandments" of an irrational mythology one might mention.

Um what’s with the need to be counter Christian...this isn’t atheism, this is “we are not Christian.” Just be comfortable with your own freaking atheism, YOU SHOULDNT HAVE TO KEEP COMPARING YOURSELF CHRISTIANITY. Atheism doesn’t need its own 10 commandments, just be an atheist and go about your day. YOURE NOT REALLY AN ATHEIST, YOURE JUST A COUNTER CHRISTIAN.

Let me put it this way, if I felt secure in my ability as a nurse, I wouldn’t feel the need to continually compare myself to others nurses and continually publicly go out and talk about how I’m much better than the nurses around me. If I was doing that...well then I’m really not all that confident in my abilities and feel the need to compensate by always comparing myself to other nurses.
That's not a fair response or analogy. This is a forum for a free exchange and discussion of ideas. You act as if this guy knocked on your door and shoved a flyer in your face, or ruined yet another barbecue by gathering everyone around to preach...... when, in reality, you turned on your device, opened your browser, navigated to this website, and then opened this thread.
This is probably his 5th thread doing this sort of thing. He might as well just be a satanist. Atheism shouldn’t be mimicking Christianity, there’s ZERO need for it as an atheist. It’s like capitalism mimicking communism.
I speak out because, so long as there are militant theists attempting to impose their agenda on society at large, there have to be people who are vocal about the advancement of knowledge over faith. It's okay if you don't want to be one of those people, but please do not censure me for taking up that fight on your behalf.

I speak out because, so long as there are militant theists attempting to impose their agenda on society at large, there have to be people who are vocal about the advancement of knowledge over faith. It's okay if you don't want to be one of those people, but please do not censure me for taking up that fight on your behalf.

Problem is you are a moron who doesn't understand the very thing you protest is the reason you can formulate these "rational positions" you've defined. Almost anything you can present as a "rational position" of humanistic morals and ethics comes from man's enlightenment that we serve a greater purpose. We're simply not just animals in the wild, we have a set of guiding principles we call "morals" and those are rooted in a fundamental belief that some power greater than ourselves ultimately holds us accountable.

You can argue about what exactly that power or force is but there is no arguing that it's the basis for why humans have human morals and ethics and other critters don't. Trying to dodge that fact by self-decree is a fools errand.

Okay. Apparently, you and I have been having two different conversations. Allow me to understand a few details of your position. You keep referring to "spirituality". Would you equate spirituality with religion? Simple yes, or not. I will have other questions to assist me with my clarifications, so pontificating won't bring us any closer to understanding one another.

Spirituality and Religion are two different things but they are closely related and sometimes interchangeable. Religions are the manifestation of Spirituality. Most people who are devoutly spiritual are religious as well... but not always. You can be spiritual without being religious. There are also people who profess to be religious, yet they are not very spiritual. I know you didn't want a "pontificating" reply but it's simply not a yes or no answer.
You're just incapable of simply answering a question witout posturing, aren't you? That said, if I understand the gist your response correctly, what you call "spirituality" is not dependent on religion. So, would you say that "spirituality" is a system of determining one's moral centre?

I'm sorry that you consider it "posturing" to answer questions correctly. Spirituality is not necessarily dependent on religion but I would not say that it's a system of determining one's moral center. Spirituality is human connection with something greater than self. Can this aid one in finding their moral center? Sure. However, I assume Atheists who have no spirituality also have some perception of their own moral center, true?
By that definition, I'm "spiritual". After all, I'm connected to "something greater than myself". It's called a society, and a culture. By that definition everyone is spiritual who isn't a sociopath.

Atheism fosters the development of sociopaths due to not having a moral compass.

Problem is you are a moron...
Coming from an imbecile trying to disguise theism as "spirituality", I'll take that as a compliment.

Okay. Apparently, you and I have been having two different conversations. Allow me to understand a few details of your position. You keep referring to "spirituality". Would you equate spirituality with religion? Simple yes, or not. I will have other questions to assist me with my clarifications, so pontificating won't bring us any closer to understanding one another.

Spirituality and Religion are two different things but they are closely related and sometimes interchangeable. Religions are the manifestation of Spirituality. Most people who are devoutly spiritual are religious as well... but not always. You can be spiritual without being religious. There are also people who profess to be religious, yet they are not very spiritual. I know you didn't want a "pontificating" reply but it's simply not a yes or no answer.
You're just incapable of simply answering a question witout posturing, aren't you? That said, if I understand the gist your response correctly, what you call "spirituality" is not dependent on religion. So, would you say that "spirituality" is a system of determining one's moral centre?

I'm sorry that you consider it "posturing" to answer questions correctly. Spirituality is not necessarily dependent on religion but I would not say that it's a system of determining one's moral center. Spirituality is human connection with something greater than self. Can this aid one in finding their moral center? Sure. However, I assume Atheists who have no spirituality also have some perception of their own moral center, true?
By that definition, I'm "spiritual". After all, I'm connected to "something greater than myself". It's called a society, and a culture. By that definition everyone is spiritual who isn't a sociopath.

Atheism fosters the development of sociopaths due to not having a moral compass.
That's adorable.
4bf6d79b76c43867023d2d3fa1624c4a--famous-atheists-creative-people.jpg

That's adorable.

Your faggot celebrities don't my world go 'round. Not a bit. Several in that pic died from AIDS.

There has been a sharp uptick in mass shootings since subjective morality started being taught in public schools.

That's adorable.

Your faggot celebrities don't my world go 'round. Not a bit. Several in that pic died from AIDS.

There has been a sharp uptick in mass shootings since subjective morality started being taught in public schools.
There has also been a sharp uptick in mass shootings since semi-automatic weapons have become readily available to the public. See? If we're going to make conclusions by correlations, we can jump to all kinds of interesting conclusions.

Oh, and you should know, most mass shooters are neither sociopaths, nor atheists.

That's adorable.

There has also been a sharp uptick in mass shootings since semi-automatic weapons have become readily available to the public. See? If we're going to make conclusions by correlations, we can jump to all kinds of interesting conclusions.

Since the `early 1900s? I think not. Fail. The average citizen could purchase full-auto until 1934.

Your argument=

iu

That's adorable.

Since the `early 1900s? I think not. Fail. The average citizen could purchase full-auto until 1934.

Your argument=

iu

Since the 90's? In case you hadn't noticed mass shootings have been steadily increasing since the late 60's. Also, again, the vast majority of mass shooters are neither sociopaths, nor atheists.

So, I guess your argument is also a
iu

That's adorable.

Your argument=

iu

Since the 90's? In case you hadn't noticed mass shootings have been steadily increasing since the late 60's. Also, again, the vast majority of mass shooters are neither sociopaths, nor atheists.

So, I guess your argument is also a
iu

You just eviscerated your counter-argument right there. The 60s is exactly when subjective morality began being taught in public schools.

What militant theist are in our society? If youre talking about Muslim extremism, well announcing atheism to them isn’t going to solve that problem. Are there people who are dicks that use Christianity out there, absolutely, but there’s plenty of people who use their politics, beliefs, race, and even fandom of sports teams to be dicks.

We live in a free society (somewhat free) because of religious beliefs, beliefs based off the philosophy of a mix naturalism, and Kantism. Our founders believed that since “god granted” humans free will, it’s wrong for government to impose itself onto free will. Since god gave us the ability of thought, speech and reason, it is not governments place to try to control that, or impose their brand of religion/thought/speech onto the masses. Because every soul is unique and special to god, all men are created as equals and are to be treated as such, no lords or nobility, we are all precious to our god. That’s natural Law, the belief that god gave us the abilities for a reason, therefore government shall not interfere with the “natural order.” The idea that god gave us the ability to believe or not believe in him, therefore government doesn’t know any better than god nor should act on it...is what gave you the ability to be an open atheist. They did this when religion was dominant and fairly uniform, and there wasn’t much motivation to do so other than religious beliefs. And it was a revolutionary idea that had the single largest positive effect on the entire world. Our governments founding is an example of “imposing” religious beliefs, by stripping away governments ability to act as “God”.

Also that didn’t qualifiy as censorship, not even close. Tone down the victim mentality.

Last edited:

Sorry, number 7 and 8 come from Christ who came up with the Golden Rule which said that if you obey this law you obey the entire law.

Stop with the plagiarizing and come up with some new material.

More sanctimonious BS from our resident egotist.
Yet another ad hominem attack from our resident irrational fanatic.
Are we somehow supposed to believe that this fantastical set of rules is the answer? Are YOU God?
Fuck off, idiot. Read the thread title, then read the OP - all of it - then attack me, again, since you are clearly incapable of a rational response...
First, I read it all ....

Second, I am appalled at the hubris of those who think they are so much more gifted than anyone else that they have the moral authority to try to dictate how people live their lives.

Third, I find your inflated sense of self-importance to be offensive in the extreme. I am stunned that someone who put this list together thinks that others should fall to their knees in blind obedience to the obviously superior intellect demonstrated by 10 lines of bullshit. You offer these as if you are some superior level of intelligence, deigning to pass on the fruits of your wisdom, when, in fact, the ignorance is virtually dripping from every word. The whole thing is a poorly veiled attempt to further specific political values by elevating them to the level of "commandments".

Fourth, you offer no rules - you offer "suggestions" There isn't a concrete piece of logical or philosophical merit in a single one of those "commandments", much less in the package as a whole. You tout the simplicity, but intentionally ignore the outward consequences. Simplicity would seem to be appropriate, but maybe simplistic is more germane.

Your "suggestions" are nothing more than a feeble attempt to demonstrate some level of intelligence you have yet to attain.

Rational response? Drivel like this doesn't deserve a rational response - it deserves ridicule and contempt, and must be dismissed by all adult rational thinkers.
This is why I say that you are a fucking idiot:
"I am appalled at the hubris of those who think they are so much more gifted than anyone else that they have the moral authority to try to dictate how people live their lives."​
And then, in the same fucking post:
"you offer no rules - you offer 'suggestions'"​

When you can suss out how irrational, and contradictory your idiotic post is, then feel free to respond with another of your "scathing" (yes, that is sarcasm) personal attacks.

A F%%%ing idiot?

You do realize you are breaking your own rules you just made, or do you like being called that?

Sounds like someone needs to have Christ come into their lives so that he can provide them with the power to obey the rules that they know they should follow.

Sounds like someone needs to have Christ come into their lives so that he can provide them with the power to obey the rules that they know they should follow.

there is no realistic expectation for an event that can not be accomplished except by the self deceived that foster a forged religion made up in the 4th century - by those who have deliberately eviscerated the true events and meaning of the 1st century.

these are called 'refutations'
store it deep in the base of your knowledge where you assume satan resides, cultist
Ha Satan the Hebrew name for the Evil Genius of Rene Descartes was according to Catholic doctrine kicked out of Heaven by St. Michael and his guardian angels.

According to the Book (scroll) of Job, Ha Satan wanders to and fro upon the Earth and up and down upon the face of it testing the righteous.

I suspect that if you want to meet Ha Satan you just need to call his name as you stab a dead pig with a steely knife at a Wiccan séance and he will come to you.

Good luck with that.

Forum List

Back