🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Bergdahl A Deserter Not A Hero

Bergdahl A Deserter Not A Hero
And when exactly was Bergdahl convicted of being a ‘deserter.’

That you and most others on the dishonest partisan right would disregard the rule of law in pursuit of some perceived political gain comes as no surprise.

Agreed.

When is the court martial going to be scheduled?

Perhaps a question best asked during Obama's next press conference.....

Or the one after that

Or after that....

Perhaps Hilary could be convinced to testify that even if 6 of his comrades died searching for him, it doesn't matter now since they are dead.

[

gee you mean he's an inept loser negotiating with terrorists to get back a deserter while an actual hero languishes in a Mexican prison?

YOu mean the guy who entered Mexico illegally with three weapons?

you make excuses for a guy who DESERTED HIS POST WITHOUT HIS WEAPON; but cant believe a guy can make a wrong turn in another country ACCIDENTLY

ur a damn joke

I'm sure he could. and when he's put on trial in Mexico, that will probably be the finding of the court.

Unless he gets a jury of Mexicans who are tried of being villified by Americans.

Sadly, Bush decided to send all the troops to Iraq to avenge his pappy!

Where did you hear that? In a Michael Moore movie?
Nah, it's the voices in his head. He has a history of mental illness and keeps getting fired from jobs because of it. I guess that much is pretty obvious.

Lost one job in the last 12 years at a company that was going under, but don't let that stop you.

Reality check. We sent 4 Divisions to Iraq.

Imagine what 4 Divisions would have done in Afghanistan had they been deployed there in 2002.

YOu mean the guy who entered Mexico illegally with three weapons?

you make excuses for a guy who DESERTED HIS POST WITHOUT HIS WEAPON; but cant believe a guy can make a wrong turn in another country ACCIDENTLY

ur a damn joke

I'm sure he could. and when he's put on trial in Mexico, that will probably be the finding of the court.

Unless he gets a jury of Mexicans who are tried of being villified by Americans.

we don't vilify Mexicans you dolt; we don't want millions of them coming here illegally

pandering fool

Where did you hear that? In a Michael Moore movie?
Nah, it's the voices in his head. He has a history of mental illness and keeps getting fired from jobs because of it. I guess that much is pretty obvious.

Lost one job in the last 12 years at a company that was going under, but don't let that stop you.

Imagine what 4 Divisions would have done in Afghanistan had they been deployed there in 2002.
Sure Joe, listen to those voices. That's what's kept you so lucid these last few years.:badgrin:

Agreed.

Or the one after that

Or after that....

Perhaps Hilary could be convinced to testify that even if 6 of his comrades died searching for him, it doesn't matter now since they are dead.

I think before the Army can court-martial this guy, they are going to have to explain,

1) Why they claim he was captured "lagging behind in a patrol" when in fact he was at a base he wandered off of.

2) Why they never listed him as AWOL or charged him as a deserter.

3) Why they listed him as a POW and even continued to give him promotions as he racked up the promotion points. (He was a PFC/E-3 at the time of his capture, but the army promoted him to SPC/E4 and then to SGT/E-5)

Again, this is the same Army that claimed that they rescued Jessica Lynch from the Iraqi Army (in fact, she was at a hospital with no military presense) or that Pat Tillman was killed fighting Al Qaeda (He in fact was killed in a friendly fire incident.)

The Army is going to have some serious credibility problems if they move to court-martial an obviously damaged soldier.

Sure Joe, listen to those voices. That's what's kept you so lucid these last few years.:badgrin:

Are you done stuffing the Mail Order Brides in their boxes yet?

Are you done stuffing the Mail Order Brides in their boxes yet?
Yeah, I'm sending you a fat one just like you asked for. She's Roma though, since you could only pay with food stamps.

Agreed.

Or the one after that

Or after that....

I think before the Army can court-martial this guy, they are going to have to explain,

1) Why they claim he was captured "lagging behind in a patrol" when in fact he was at a base he wandered off of.

2) Why they never listed him as AWOL or charged him as a deserter.

3) Why they listed him as a POW and even continued to give him promotions as he racked up the promotion points. (He was a PFC/E-3 at the time of his capture, but the army promoted him to SPC/E4 and then to SGT/E-5)

Again, this is the same Army that claimed that they rescued Jessica Lynch from the Iraqi Army (in fact, she was at a hospital with no military presense) or that Pat Tillman was killed fighting Al Qaeda (He in fact was killed in a friendly fire incident.)

The Army is going to have some serious credibility problems if they move to court-martial an obviously damaged soldier.

I'm not JAG.

Perhaps someone with more expertise in the area of martial law may answer but I assume that one must be present to be charged.

Btw using Lynch or Tillman as strawmen is pretty desperate considering neither has anything to do with desertion.

ur a damn joke

we don't vilify Mexicans you dolt; we don't want millions of them coming here illegally

pandering fool

Even using Mexicans to do distract you won't make the Exchange Scandal go away

[

I'm not JAG.

Perhaps someone with more expertise in the area of martial law may answer but I assume that one must be present to be charged.

No, but they don't need him to be present to list him as AWOL.

[
Btw using Lynch or Tillman as strawmen is pretty desperate considering neither has anything to do with desertion.

No, but they do have a lot to do with the Army lying its ass off to make a story look better than it really is. Point was, they put out a story that turned out not to be true in those two cases.

And they put out a story that Bergdahl "Fell behind on a patrol" when he was captured.

Now maybe something got miscommunicated as it went up the chain of command. I saw that happen more than a few times when I was in.

But frankly, I'm a little suspect of the Army and its actions here, given the conflicting stories and they way they've handled it.

[

I'm not JAG.

No, but they don't need him to be present to list him as AWOL.

[

No, but they do have a lot to do with the Army lying its ass off to make a story look better than it really is. Point was, they put out a story that turned out not to be true in those two cases.

And they put out a story that Bergdahl "Fell behind on a patrol" when he was captured.

Now maybe something got miscommunicated as it went up the chain of command. I saw that happen more than a few times when I was in.

But frankly, I'm a little suspect of the Army and its actions here, given the conflicting stories and they way they've handled it.

Perhaps you are right, and the Army is also at fault.

The CIC should be held accountable, but I'm certain if a general will fall on his sword to protect Obama from the Vet Admin Scandal, then one can be compelled to protect Obama from the Prisoner Exchange Scandal

Perhaps you are right, and the Army is also at fault.

The CIC should be held accountable, but I'm certain if a general will fall on his sword to protect Obama from the Vet Admin Scandal, then one can be compelled to protect Obama from the Prisoner Exchange Scandal

Not seeing the Exchange as a "Scandal", guy.

Sorry, just not seeing it.

Everyone knew we'd have to let these guys go at some point.

Wow... racist comments about Gypsies!

Why am I not surprised?
Business is business Joe. You get what you pay for. It'll be 6 to 8 weeks and no returns/refunds.

Guy, I wouldn't fuck a chick from your miserable slum of a country with Bedowin's dick.
You wouldn't fuck her cause she's Roma. That's racist, besides, I'm American, but not from Chicago - so you fail once again.

[
Doesn't matter to us really? I recall several terrorist attacks against us coming from that region with the second 9-11 attack being the highlight that ended up meaning a great deal to us. How would they be slitting their own throats by again hosting Al-Qaeda? We will be all the way out in a couple of years and unless there is another major attack on U.S. soil planned and launched from Afghanistan were not sending troops back in they know this unless you get the Al- Qaeda newsletter I'm not sure where your getting this they have no desire to go back there from. They go wherever there is a power vacuum which is likely what Afghanistan will have when we are gone which makes it highly likely they will be back.

The main reason why Al Qaeda (or what is left of it) won't go back there is because they never liked it there. Our intelligence agencies discovered most of the Arabs that made up Al Qaeda in the 1990's HATED Afghanistan. Bad climate, no amenities, no media or internet.

Oh, yeah, and we can pretty much rain down death on them with drones at this point.

The Taliban knows they fucked up by letting Bin Laden stay. There's really no good reason to get in the middle of that mess.

Again. Bit of Perspective. The same wingnuts mewled about Domino Theories and all that when we left South Vietnam to it's fate... and then. Nothing. Vietnam just got on with their lives after we left.
The problem is with regards to the Taliban your applying rational thought to pretty much irrational people as far as using the drones goes that happens only if we stay focused on the region and problem of terrorism something both the government and public are unlikely to do after all troops are out.

Forum List

Back