🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Bergdahl A Deserter Not A Hero

I am going to post this on all the Bergdal threads.

I was there in AFG at Kandahar AFB in June of 2009. The whole theater was abuzz about the "missing soldier", and indeed there was a lot of sudden changes in operation tempo.

As rumors go, the stories varied widely.

The story I heard most consistently was that he was "misled" off post. "Tricked" by some local nationals to sneak away in order to score some alcohol.

That was pretty much all I knew up until the moonbat messiah sold us out and gave up 5 dangerous sociopaths in exchange for this dipshit. The stories that have come out from the people in the bunkers with this dipshit paint an even worse picture, but the most glaringly consistent aspect is that the dipshit voluntarily left a secure area to do something he shouldn't have been doing.

Turns out it was another "introverted" bed wetter. YES, ANOTHER GODDAMNED LIBERAL with no friends. Too fucking arrogant of course to consider some introspection, he blamed the people around him for his social failure.

Now as far as the bed wetters are allowed to "think", the dipshit is somehow a hero. The moonbat messiah made a great decision on by putting a price on the lives of US military personnel.

That's because he saved one of "their own", another sniveling, spoiled, self absorbed anti-American douchebag who should have been aborted.

I was there in AFG at Kandahar AFB in June of 2009. The whole theater was abuzz about the "missing soldier", and indeed there was a lot of sudden changes in operation tempo.

The story I heard most consistently was that he was "misled" off post. "Tricked" by some local nationals to sneak away in order to score some alcohol.

That was pretty much all I knew up until the moonbat messiah sold us out and gave up 5 dangerous sociopaths in exchange for this dipshit. The stories that have come out from the people in the bunkers with this dipshit paint an even worse picture, but the most glaringly consistent aspect is that the dipshit voluntarily left a secure area to do something he shouldn't have been doing.

Turns out it was another "introverted" bed wetter. YES, ANOTHER GODDAMNED LIBERAL with no friends. Too fucking arrogant of course to consider some introspection, he blamed the people around him for his social failure.

Now as far as the bed wetters are allowed to "think", the dipshit is somehow a hero. The moonbat messiah made a great decision on by putting a price on the lives of US military personnel.

That's because he saved one of "their own", another sniveling, spoiled, self absorbed anti-American douchebag who should have been aborted.

Obama has stated that he is "taken aback" by the vitriol by those who both served with Bergdal (who want his ass dead) and those who are on the "fringe".

According to Susan Rice - he "served with honor".

My question for the idiot Rice. How the HELL would she know? That poor negro needs to figure out how to keep her big mouth closed. Working for Barry is making her look stupid.

Obama traded 5 of the most dangerous men in the world for a America-hating pussy. And he has the GALL to not understand why America is pissed at this poseur of a president.

Jesus....that dumbass HAS to be the most incompetent president in history. What a fucking idiot.

Obama has stated that he is "taken aback" by the vitriol by those who both served with Bergdal (who want his ass dead) and those who are on the "fringe".

According to Susan Rice - he "served with honor".

My question for the idiot Rice. How the HELL would she know? That poor negro needs to figure out how to keep her big mouth closed. Working for Barry is making her look stupid.

Obama traded 5 of the most dangerous men in the world for a America-hating pussy. And he has the GALL to not understand why America is pissed at this poseur of a president.

Jesus....that dumbass HAS to be the most incompetent president in history. What a fucking idiot.

Susan Rice is an idiot.

Otherwise she wouldn't be another bed wetting liberal, let alone qualify to work for this regime.

Oh look!

51w0gLnpC0L.jpg

Foxnews has called in Oliver North for his expertise on hostage negotiations.

No, I'm not making that up.

Who would you suggest instead?

Bill Bill Maher seems to have gained years of experience,.

Every time I've attempted to watch his show as a last resort to entertainment, I've felt like a HBO hostage.

Sure they are.

"Phase two was the White House desperately searching for someone, anyone, from Bergdahl’s unit who’d stand up in front of the media and vouch for his character. That’s happening entirely out of public view, but rest assured, it’s happening. The fact that they’ve come up with nothing so far speaks volumes about how uniform opinion is within Bergdahl’s old squad about him and his motives. If Team O could produce just one witness willing to face the cameras and argue that Bergdahl was a good soldier who was probably taken against his will, it’d plant enough doubt in casual observers’ minds that this whole thing might be reduced to a he said/she said matter for many — even though there are at least six veterans already who’ve come forward to support the desertion theory. But they can’t find anyone to do it. It’s been a complete barrage of anti-Bergdahl witnesses on cable news since Monday morning. The State Department is so bereft of third-party support that they were forced last night to tell reporters to trust Bergdahl himself over his squad mates, as if a repatriated deserter wouldn’t have an incentive to lie about why he went missing upon his return."

"So now, phase three: Start discrediting the soldiers who’ve accused him. It’ll have to be done subtly and tactfully. If they go dumpster-diving on these guys for things like substance-abuse problems or financial trouble, the nastiness of it might backfire on the White House and make their Bergdahl problem even worse. Babbling about “swift-boating” is a good way to get the ball rolling, at least among liberals who are grasping for ways to defend Obama and have come up empty thus far. “Swift-boating” implies that the vets who’ve accused Bergdahl have some political motivation in doing so; it’s of a piece with yesterday hyperventilating about Republican Ric Grenell helping Bergdahl’s comrades get in touch with media outlets."
rl]

They don't have to go that far.

All they have to do is go back to the Hastings Rolling Stone Article from 2012, where it was established the unit that Bergdahl was in had chronic disciplinary problems.

A 2LT who had been sacked because an argument with his Captain, several sergeants who got busted.

It actually is a damning indictment of how badly the Army has degraded under Bush's watch. No wonder the Army cover this up.

i don't know that i'd phrase things the same way, but i have to agree for the most part. the government may have played its part in the collapse, but individuals are still responsible for the decisions they made. if you got yourself in over your head with a mortgage, that's on you. the good news is home prices are recovering, and given enough time you'll probably be just fine.

Uh, guy, sorry, I think it's not an unreasonable expectation that the government monitor what the banks were doing, and making sure they didn't do EXACTLY what they did- write a bunch of bad mortgages to people who never should have gotten a mortgage to begin with, and then sell them off as "investments".

MOre to the point, I did everything they said to do in that American Dream thingee. Work hard, buy a home, and so on.

Bush fucked it up. Period.

Your loan wasn't a bad loan, unless you're a bad borrower. If your credit score sucks, then it's a bad loan. Sometimes they have to use subprime loan products to qualify you, like a second loan on the mortgage.

The problem seems to be that you live in a part of the country with alot of market volatility. In California, the cost of housing is inflated, and every time there's a crash, property values plummet and people suffer. There are huge swings in property values because those areas are seller's markets, and the demand for housing is artificially inflated. This was going on long before Bush came along. It didn't help that Democrats in Congress were constantly throwing around racism to goad people into allowing unqualified buyers to get into properties they couldn't afford, or didn't have the discipline to pay back the loans.

Last edited:
i don't know that i'd phrase things the same way, but i have to agree for the most part. the government may have played its part in the collapse, but individuals are still responsible for the decisions they made. if you got yourself in over your head with a mortgage, that's on you. the good news is home prices are recovering, and given enough time you'll probably be just fine.

Uh, guy, sorry, I think it's not an unreasonable expectation that the government monitor what the banks were doing, and making sure they didn't do EXACTLY what they did- write a bunch of bad mortgages to people who never should have gotten a mortgage to begin with, and then sell them off as "investments".

MOre to the point, I did everything they said to do in that American Dream thingee. Work hard, buy a home, and so on.

Your loan wasn't a bad loan, unless you're a bad borrower. If your credit score sucks, then it's a bad loan. Sometimes they have to use subprime loan products to qualify you, like a second loan on the mortgage.

The problem seems to be that you live in a part of the country with alot of market volatility. In California, the cost of housing is inflated, and every time there's a crash, property values plummet and people suffer. There are huge swings in property values because those areas are seller's markets, and the demand for housing is artificially inflated. This was going on long before Bush came along. It didn't help that Democrats in Congress were constantly throwing around racism to goad people into allowing unqualified buyers to get into properties they couldn't afford, or didn't have the discipline to pay back the loans.

My credit score is in the high 700s. So more dumb assumptions from the government welfare queen.

And I live in IL, which doesn't have a lot of "volatility".

You see, this was the point. It was just the guy who bought a McMansion with a sub-prime loan who got screwed on this deal.

It was the responsible person who bought just what he needed.

Because your Boy Bush pretty much fucked up the economy in 2001 when he threw fiscal responsibility out the window. And the Housing Bubble, which everyone warned him was a bad thing, was allowed to inflate until it popped.

but, yeah, man, I know how you are. YOu just don't understand after how your boy Bush fucked up EVERYTHING HE TOUCHED, that there are regular folks who just aren't going to vote Republican ever again.

Why, they must have some character flaw to not want to let fuckups run the country again. Jeb 2016!

All they have to do is go back to the Hastings Rolling Stone Article from 2012, where it was established the unit that Bergdahl was in had chronic disciplinary problems.

A 2LT who had been sacked because an argument with his Captain, several sergeants who got busted.

It actually is a damning indictment of how badly the Army has degraded under Bush's watch. No wonder the Army cover this up.
[/B]

A. It's a conspiracy
B. Your evidence comes from Rolling Stone
C. Bush' Fault

Desperation, thy name is democrat partisan

[/B]

A. It's a conspiracy
C. Bush' Fault

YOu guys were praising the shit out of Hastings' reporting when he was critical of Obama.

Sure they are.

"Phase two was the White House desperately searching for someone, anyone, from Bergdahl’s unit who’d stand up in front of the media and vouch for his character. That’s happening entirely out of public view, but rest assured, it’s happening. The fact that they’ve come up with nothing so far speaks volumes about how uniform opinion is within Bergdahl’s old squad about him and his motives. If Team O could produce just one witness willing to face the cameras and argue that Bergdahl was a good soldier who was probably taken against his will, it’d plant enough doubt in casual observers’ minds that this whole thing might be reduced to a he said/she said matter for many — even though there are at least six veterans already who’ve come forward to support the desertion theory. But they can’t find anyone to do it. It’s been a complete barrage of anti-Bergdahl witnesses on cable news since Monday morning. The State Department is so bereft of third-party support that they were forced last night to tell reporters to trust Bergdahl himself over his squad mates, as if a repatriated deserter wouldn’t have an incentive to lie about why he went missing upon his return."

"So now, phase three: Start discrediting the soldiers who’ve accused him. It’ll have to be done subtly and tactfully. If they go dumpster-diving on these guys for things like substance-abuse problems or financial trouble, the nastiness of it might backfire on the White House and make their Bergdahl problem even worse. Babbling about “swift-boating” is a good way to get the ball rolling, at least among liberals who are grasping for ways to defend Obama and have come up empty thus far. “Swift-boating” implies that the vets who’ve accused Bergdahl have some political motivation in doing so; it’s of a piece with yesterday hyperventilating about Republican Ric Grenell helping Bergdahl’s comrades get in touch with media outlets."
rl]

Dude, you act like you've never been in the military.

Everyone who's ever been in knows a unit is only as good as the leadership in the command.

I suppose the failures of the US command during the battle at Kasserine was Bush's fault as well.

Sure they are.

rl]

Everyone who's ever been in knows a unit is only as good as the leadership in the command.

I suppose the failures of the US command during the battle at Kasserine was Bush's fault as well.

Guy, I recognize that Bush lowered the standards to keep the war machine running.

Guys we never would have taken in when I was in were taken in because, hey, we had to keep those numbers up.

Minor criminal records, lack of a HS Diploma, low aptitude scores on the ASVAB. All things that would have been deal killers in a peace-time military were allowed when Bush needed to keep those numbers up after people put their flag lapel pins away.

[/B]

A. It's a conspiracy
C. Bush' Fault

Why would where evidence is published matter?

My credit score is in the high 700s. So more dumb assumptions from the government welfare queen.

And I live in IL, which doesn't have a lot of "volatility".

You see, this was the point. It was just the guy who bought a McMansion with a sub-prime loan who got screwed on this deal.

It was the responsible person who bought just what he needed.

Because your Boy Bush pretty much fucked up the economy in 2001 when he threw fiscal responsibility out the window. And the Housing Bubble, which everyone warned him was a bad thing, was allowed to inflate until it popped.

but, yeah, man, I know how you are. YOu just don't understand after how your boy Bush fucked up EVERYTHING HE TOUCHED, that there are regular folks who just aren't going to vote Republican ever again.

Why, they must have some character flaw to not want to let fuckups run the country again. Jeb 2016!

So you have a decent credit score the only answer is that which you provided. You live in a state with high volatility, and you want to blame it on Bush. You didn't get a bad loan, unless you were too stupid to figure out it was a bad deal.

You are one seriously pathetic little guy, especially since you live in one of the worst economies in the country and don't realize it. Illinois has one of the worst economies because of their lousy tax structure and terrible government. No small wonder so many people move from Chicago to get away from it.

Here you go, Muddy, what your Boy Bushie did.

Military Lowers Standards To Fill Ranks - CBS News

The longer the war continues, the harder it's proving to fill the U.S. Army's ranks. A strong economy also means there are easier jobs around.

So the Army is accepting a growing number of new recruits with everythging from health and weight issues to lower academic test scores to criminal records.

The number of incoming soldiers with prior felony arrests or convictions has more than tripled in the past five years. This year alone, the Army accepted an estimated 8,000 recruits with rap sheets, reports CBS News correspondent Kimberly Dozier.

Most are guilty of misdemeanors, but around 100 in the past year had felony convictions.

"Burglaries and narcotics are probably our two top categories," according to Col. Sheila Hickman.

Guy, I recognize that Bush lowered the standards to keep the war machine running.

Guys we never would have taken in when I was in were taken in because, hey, we had to keep those numbers up.

Minor criminal records, lack of a HS Diploma, low aptitude scores on the ASVAB. All things that would have been deal killers in a peace-time military were allowed when Bush needed to keep those numbers up after people put their flag lapel pins away.

They took everyone during WWII too and that seemed to work out fine. During Vietnam, same thing.

You just want to blame everything on Bush.

The problem with the military today is social engineering, not lack of discipline.

Look folks? The PENTAGON stated this creep was a DESERTER.

Where to go from here? :dunno:
So you don't believe in "leave no man behind"?
You call a deserter of our other troops so he could sashay with the hate-American-troops Talibani and who is responsible for 7 of our troops dying to try to save him a man?

Those he let down know he was a traitor to the United States.

Why is Obama spending $200 million on glorifying a traitor? To make himself look good by obfuscating the truth while he laughs his ass off at the American people behind closed doors? Inquiring minds want to know.

[

So you have a decent credit score the only answer is that which you provided. You live in a state with high volatility, and you want to blame it on Bush. You didn't get a bad loan, unless you were too stupid to figure out it was a bad deal.

You are one seriously pathetic little guy, especially since you live in one of the worst economies in the country and don't realize it. Illinois has one of the worst economies because of their lousy tax structure and terrible government. No small wonder so many people move from Chicago to get away from it.

The economy was just fine in this state until Bush started fucking it up.

If you told me in 2000 that I would be voting for a guy like Obama in 2012, I'd have looked at you like you were on drugs.

But your party managed to do that. Worst recession in 80 years. Two wars based on LIES and incompetence.

But I guess as long as you keep getting your monthly welfare checks from DoD, everything is fine.

Man, I can't wait until the day they SLASH THE SHIT out of the Pentagon pig, and then we'll see you do some crying.

[]

They took everyone during WWII too and that seemed to work out fine. During Vietnam, same thing.

You just want to blame everything on Bush.

The problem with the military today is social engineering, not lack of discipline.

Actually, they didn't take everyone. 40 million men were eligible for the draft. They only took 16 million.

And in Vietnam, the main reason why we don't have a draft today is because the draft was so unfair and there were so many ways to get out of it, which is what people of privilage did. Oh, yeah. And we LOST in Vietnam. We just didn't learn anything from it.

Forum List

Back