Biden Admits He Will Raise Taxes

As I explained, their true value is based on what an employer can pay another to do their job, just like my value was based on what my employer could pay another to do my job, and my job was in the top 10 deadliest careers to get into, even more deadly than a police officer or fireman.

No I didn't stay home until I became a truck driver. I worked several minimum wage jobs and got into a company that delivered home medical equipment. It was a six day a week job and still took me some time before I made enough to get my first apartment at the age of 20. I spent ten years in that field until I decided it was going nowhere, and I wouldn't be able to lift that heavy equipment the rest of my life. That's when I made the decision to get a real profession.

In the heart of the Trump great economy, people who unloaded my truck would ask me if I knew anybody looking for a job. Some of them paid pretty well for no experience. They'd put out ads to find workers, but the only people that applied were those who couldn't pass a drug screen. My father is a retired bricklayer. His union was asking their retirees to help find younger people to get into the profession. Everybody that applied for the job directly had the same problem: couldn't pass a drug test. It's a huge problem in this country that's never been addressed. Companies paying good money but can't find workers? My father made a damn good living laying brick, now it pays in the $50.00 an hour range. Still can't find enough people.

And back to my profession. We still need tens of thousands of drivers industry can't find. If you don't want to pay for school, some companies will teach you how to drive if you sign a year contract with them. You can make mid 5 figures to low 6 figures depending on what kind of driving you wish to do. Can't find enough people. It's a federal requirement that all drivers have to undergo random drug tests.

So yes, it's the individuals fault they are working low wage jobs.
The true value of a worker is not based on what the business can pay, it what it is willing to pay.

Now, with a Democratic Senate, there is nothing to stop the Democrats. You Biden lovers might need a second job.
You can also make your kids get a job. Perhaps you should see a stockbroker and ask about tax shelters. You have been warned but you did not listen.

That was not my point. A business pays what it wants to pay, not what it can.

So what's wrong with that? Don't you and I do the exact same thing?

If you have a major plumbing job and get three estimates, which one do you choose? How about getting lawn care services or getting your transmission rebuilt? We all choose the cheaper one provided they do the same quality of work. It's not that you can't afford the most expensive company, but why should you pay somebody more money than you have to? Do you ask what their employees make, what kind of benefits they provide, how much education they needed to do the job? Hell no. You pay the cheapest you can for the work you need. Businesses do the same.

You work at a shop operating a machine of some sorts. You make $20.00 an hour and ask for a raise. They refuse to give you one so you quit. If your employer can find somebody to do your job for $20.00 an hour, that's all your services were worth so you were being paid properly. If your employer can find somebody for $18.00 an hour, you Fd up because you were already being overpaid. If he has to up his offer to $22.00 an hour, you were correct. You were being underpaid and deserving of a pay increase.

This is why our value as a worker is determined by the ability of your employer to get somebody else to do your job.

He already raised taxes dramatically as millions of Americans are facing renewed scrutiny and repeated billing from the IRS despite having tax advisors and professionals prepare their taxes.

Taxation has become the new "Support The Elites" game of extortion against American taxpayers.

He already raised taxes dramatically as millions of Americans are facing renewed scrutiny and repeated billing from the IRS despite having tax advisors and professionals prepare their taxes.

Taxation has become the new "Support The Elites" game of extortion against American taxpayers.
The IRS can only enforce the laws already in the books, but perhaps now they have more resources to enforce those laws. It could be that some tax preparers arent following the law.

If you have a major plumbing job and get three estimates, which one do you choose? How about getting lawn care services or getting your transmission rebuilt? We all choose the cheaper one provided they do the same quality of work. It's not that you can't afford the most expensive company, but why should you pay somebody more money than you have to? Do you ask what their employees make, what kind of benefits they provide, how much education they needed to do the job? Hell no. You pay the cheapest you can for the work you need. Businesses do the same.

You work at a shop operating a machine of some sorts. You make $20.00 an hour and ask for a raise. They refuse to give you one so you quit. If your employer can find somebody to do your job for $20.00 an hour, that's all your services were worth so you were being paid properly. If your employer can find somebody for $18.00 an hour, you Fd up because you were already being overpaid. If he has to up his offer to $22.00 an hour, you were correct. You were being underpaid and deserving of a pay increase.

This is why our value as a worker is determined by the ability of your employer to get somebody else to do your job.
Wrong, I choose based on speed and quality for do jobs that would take me longer. If you choose the cheapest, that is what you get.

Same is true of an employer. Jeff Bezo's is worth 100 billion dollars as the head of Amazon, he can pay people what he wants.

Wrong, I choose based on speed and quality for do jobs that would take me longer. If you choose the cheapest, that is what you get.

Same is true of an employer. Jeff Bezo's is worth 100 billion dollars as the head of Amazon, he can pay people what he wants.

That's why I said the same quality of work, and yes, you can get the same quality of work from places that charge less.

Bezos is not your standard company. Amazon doesn't pay too badly for non-skilled labor. We have a few Amazon warehouses here. They start out in the $16.00 to $18.00 range, the benefits are good, and for the most part they treat their employees fairly. Yes, it's labor intensive, but not too much different than McDonald's or Walmart.

Speaking of which Walmart pays their employees pretty good as well. Their non-skilled labor not so much, but their warehousing people, office people, management, and truck drivers make out pretty good. One guy that used to load my truck worked part time at Walmart. He was offered an assistant managers job full time. He was considering it because they had better healthcare benefits than the company he worked at. A month later I went back and a new person unloaded my truck because the other guy left.

This was before covid, but I'm sure things haven't changed or perhaps got better given the driver shortage in this country.

The thing is Walmart is known for advancing aggressive employees. You don't have to sweep floors for the rest of your life.

The CBO has made it perfectly clear taxing only those earning a combined income of $400,000 will not cut it. So apparently the CBO doesn’t know as much as the cabbage patch man.

The CBO has made it perfectly clear taxing only those earning a combined income of $400,000 will not cut it. So apparently the CBO doesn’t know as much as the cabbage patch man.

Apparently they do. They calculated that this bill will actually cost us 5 trillion dollars and 3 trillion of that will be added to our national debt.

We are $28 trillion in debt so someone saying "I will raise taxes" is simply saying they are willing to be responsible for our debt.

Problem?
You think we’re going to give politicians more money and they’re going to pay down the debt?

Can you walk and chew gum at the same time?

You think we’re going to give politicians more money and they’re going to pay down the debt?

Can you walk and chew gum at the same time?

I said what I support. If it's not done I don't support that politician. (unlike so many others)

Unions long ago proved that your theory determining wages is absolute bunk. Unions forced higher wages than your theory allows, yet businesses continues to thrive.

It's a myth created by employers to keep wages artificially low. Employers only get away with it when employees are disempowered. That gives employers incentive to pay people as little as possible - the more desperate workers are, the more they are forced to accept low wages. Many employers would treat their workers worse than slaves if they could get away with it.

Workers should be paid based on the productive value of their work. Employers should profit, but that profit should not be open-ended. If an employee's work earns a huge amount of money for the employers, then the employee should be very well paid.

I said what I support. If it's not done I don't support that politician. (unlike so many others)

Tax and Spend *Joe never said he would pay down the debt with his tax hike. You just naively believe he will. When he doesn’t you won’t vote for him next time right?

Tax and Spend *Joe never said he would pay down the debt with his tax hike. You just naively believe he will. When he doesn’t you won’t vote for him next time right?

I never believed he would. I did not vote for him but I imagine you have no room to talk.

Unions long ago proved that your theory determining wages is absolute bunk. Unions forced higher wages than your theory allows, yet businesses continues to thrive.

It's a myth created by employers to keep wages artificially low. Employers only get away with it when employees are disempowered. That gives employers incentive to pay people as little as possible - the more desperate workers are, the more they are forced to accept low wages. Many employers would treat their workers worse than slaves if they could get away with it.

Workers should be paid based on the productive value of their work. Employers should profit, but that profit should not be open-ended. If an employee's work earns a huge amount of money for the employers, then the employee should be very well paid.

If you want to get paid by your production of work, find a job with profit sharing. If you can't find one of those, most companies will sell you company stock at a discount and you will be paid by your productivity and that of the company.

Another option is piece work. You get no hourly wage but are paid by how much product you process. Consider sales. Most get a base pay that's relatively small, but your real money comes from how much you sell. The last option is start your own business.

So those are five options to your desire to get paid by productivity. Again, it's all up to you. But remember if you decide to get paid by your productivity, like your company, you will have less income when things get slow. You see as an hourly worker, you don't have to worry about things like that.

Unions did force employers to pay more than they wanted to employees. But in 1980, President Reagan realized the millions of jobs lost because of unions and government. They left the country or invested in automation to replace humans. Outside of government (which uses are tax dollars) unions began to fail and continued to decline to the point there are very few left. Any group of company employees can join a union. See how long your employer stays in the state, country, or closes down.

You can't live in this fantasy world forever. At some point you have to come to the realization that what you make is up to you, not government, not unions. If you want to make more money, you have to make your services worth more paying for.

Forum List

Back