Biden continues to add lots of jobs. May report "very healthy", economists say

Uh oh. Struth"s favorite news outlet (Fox) just called the May report "healthy". Let me guess. You're going to switch to February now? Haha US economy sees healthy job growth in April as payrolls jump by 428,000
I was doing cardio this am and cnbc, and there was more concern than doom and gloom. If supply chains begin to ease, we'll be fine. (and my take if not, we'll have a short recession, but the dems would be doomed in 24 in addition to the doom they already face in 22

If you don't call it healthy like your Fox did, you're ignored. This is your first chance
Well, I am happy to say that so far, the first 6 days of May look healthy....but you are confusing the two post.

For the year the BLS shows an average of 512,000 jobs added per month. ADP shows an average of 460,000 jobs added per month. Either way you go they are outstanding numbers and by the end of the year the two will be closer than they are now.
Strong hiring in the manufacturing, transportation and warehousing and health-care sectors during April helped the U.S. economy notch its 12th straight month of job gains of 400,000 or more.

The U.S. economy added 428,000 jobs last month, the Labor Department reported Friday, the same gain as in March that followed a jump of 714,000 in February and 504,000 in January.

Say healthy struth. You can do it!
It wasn't healthy in April, in my opinion....something that falls below expectations can't be healthy.

America's job growth is starting to slow​

As your friends at CNN say....the April report shows job growth is slowing....

It wasn't healthy in April, in my opinion....something that falls below expectations can't be healthy.

It's not really about biden, but you'd bitch if cancer was cured while a dem was in office.

what am I cherry picking? Is the ADP lying? Any proof to support your claim.
He didn't say you were lying. He called you a cherry picker for pretending that expectations are the measure of a good vs. Bad report.
If I get an A- and my teacher expected A+, I still did a great job. You're also cherry picking one report over the BLS report. Can you cherry pick this month's ADP while never showing up for the previous months.
You are a major cherry picker.

And you wonder why they call you a cherry picker. Here's job growth slowing during Trump's Presidency. I've never seen any member embarrass himself in so many different ways in a single thread before.

Great news for Biden and well, everyone who has a favorable view of having a job. 438000 jobs created in April.

So he takes credit for jobs but won’t take responsibility for all the woes? Lol!

That is pretty dishonest.

He didn't say you were lying. He called you a cherry picker for pretending that expectations are the measure of a good vs. Bad report.
If I get an A- and my teacher expected A+, I still did a great job. You're also cherry picking one report over the BLS report. Can you cherry pick this month's ADP while never showing up for the previous months.
You are a major cherry picker.
yes, expectations are the measure of a good and bad report....if you expect something, and it doesn't happen...it's not good.

This isn't really a hard concept in life.

And you wonder why they call you a cherry picker. Here's job growth slowing during Trump's Presidency. I've never seen any member embarrass himself in so many different ways in a single thread before.
I'd love to go back to that....we are well below that now.

Yes, it's true...things slow down after he created 3 million jobs.

Right now, Xiden's slowing down, and he hasn't even gotten to the level we had prior to the Covid virus

yes, expectations are the measure of a good and bad report....if you expect something, and it doesn't happen...it's not good.

This isn't really a hard concept in life.
That's a lie. Expectations are what economists THINK will happen, not what the WANT out to be the case.
So besides being a liar, you age dumb too (unless you're lying again of course).

That's a lie. Expectations are what economists THINK will happen, not what the WANT out to be the case.
So besides being a liar, you age dumb too (unless you're lying again of course).
yes, expectations are what people expect to happen.

when things don't go as expected....it's not a good thing...I am not sure why this is a weird concept to you

And you wonder why they call you a cherry picker. Here's job growth slowing during Trump's President.
Working age people were leaving the work force before Trump was elected, and it didn't cease his term. No one really has an answer since income taxes really are not leveled mostly at the working class. But that coupled with Trump's literally ending legal immigration tightened the job market. I don't think that was an accident since he levied tariffs to increase both costs and wages. Jobs and wages both are increasing under Biden. The covid recession was simply a "blip" in an overall trend.

While the dems arguably should have ceased extra stimulus for the unemployed in summer of 22, MOST inflation is simply because supply chains have hurt the ability of employers to increase production to pre-covid levels, even while the jobs and wages picture is rosy (if you're a worker).

What gets headlines is crazy Bernie reliving the 70s (can't he just retire and watch the tv show and dream about getting in Kunis's or Prepon's panties) and AOC thinking we should get rid of the Fed Res to punish the rich for being rich. And of course the rank and file of the progressive dems wants to cap carbon and increase energy prices while gas and diesel are at record highs.

The gop's no better and totally about wedge social issues now.

Forum List

Back