Biden Yesterday: ISIS Not an Existential Threat to US

The Soviet Union. Now THERE was an existential threat. Mutually Assured Destruction.

Now we have a bunch of pansies shitting their pants over 30,000 dipshits in the Middle East.

"Dey gonna wipe us out, man!"
The Kurds have estimated that they are around 2-3 hundred thousand strong. Also, I saw a report that hundreds of smaller cells try to join each month.
I guess its hard to really know.
ISIS is about 30,000 to 40,000 strong.

The idea ISIS is 300,000 strong is laughable. Hysterically so. It's hyperbolic fearmongering bullshit.

And they aren't here.

Even if they were 300,000 strong, which they aren't, they still would not be an existential threat.
Maybe so. But how do you know any different? The fuckin media that you bash all the time?
I wont sit here and say they are not here. I would imagine the people of Troy didn't think Greeks were hiding int he horse either..
The thing about IS is, they are well funded, organized and smart. Obviously.
When I said they aren't here, I was obviously talking about the entire ISIS force of 30 to 40 thousand.

I'm sure ISIS has big plans for an attack in the US. So I say again, they are a threat, but they are not an existential threat. Not even close. You have to have several pounds of brain damage to believe ISIS is somehow capable of destroying America.

The dumb misinformed totalitarian-minded dipshits we see on this forum are a greater threat to America in that respect. They have a greater ability to fundamentally change this country for the worse out of their irrational fears than ISIS does.

And when the day comes that ISIS succeeds in an attack on the US, you will see exactly what I mean.

Spoon fed propaganda. If their hands weren't ridiculously tied with stupid rules of engagement you wouldn't have your propaganda.
This is a direct result of fighting wars in a liberal pc fashion. You send our soldiers to war in highly populated areas, civilians are going to die. Deal with it & stop hating on the men & women that protect our country faggot.

The Soviet Union. Now THERE was an existential threat. Mutually Assured Destruction.

Now we have a bunch of pansies shitting their pants over 30,000 dipshits in the Middle East.

The Kurds have estimated that they are around 2-3 hundred thousand strong. Also, I saw a report that hundreds of smaller cells try to join each month.

The idea ISIS is 300,000 strong is laughable. Hysterically so. It's hyperbolic fearmongering bullshit.

And they aren't here.

Even if they were 300,000 strong, which they aren't, they still would not be an existential threat.
Maybe so. But how do you know any different? The fuckin media that you bash all the time?
I wont sit here and say they are not here. I would imagine the people of Troy didn't think Greeks were hiding int he horse either..
When I said they aren't here, I was obviously talking about the entire ISIS force of 30 to 40 thousand.

I'm sure ISIS has big plans for an attack in the US. So I say again, they are a threat, but they are not an existential threat. Not even close. You have to have several pounds of brain damage to believe ISIS is somehow capable of destroying America.

The dumb misinformed totalitarian-minded dipshits we see on this forum are a greater threat to America in that respect. They have a greater ability to fundamentally change this country for the worse out of their irrational fears than ISIS does.

And when the day comes that ISIS succeeds in an attack on the US, you will see exactly what I mean.
How do you know they are so small?
You sir, are more arrogant than me lol

Spoon fed propaganda. If their hands weren't ridiculously tied with stupid rules of engagement you wouldn't have your propaganda.
This is a direct result of fighting wars in a liberal pc fashion. You send our soldiers to war in highly populated areas, civilians are going to die. Deal with it & stop hating on the men & women that protect our country faggot.

You are talking out of your ass. I've operated under ROE in combat, and if those ROE were not in place, it would not have made things any better for us, but it would have resulted in even more civilian deaths.

Does ROE make some situations more tense? Yes. Sometimes a lot more tense. But that's not a bad thing. If we had unleashed on everything that moved, we would have made an even bigger mess of things. I can personally say there are innocent civilians alive today who would not be if we had acted on our impulses instead of obeying the rules of engagement.

There were times when our CO was having to wait for some disphit back stateside to come to a decision, but we had to rely on them having more information at their disposal than we did. A bigger picture, as it were.

And they aren't here.

Former PM Ehud Barak: We could defeat ISIS in a matter of two days

"I think that ISIS is successful to a certain extent because they are not facing a concentrated effort to destroy the organization," said Barak, adding "Technically they aren't that strong- they are made up of only about 30-40 thousand people."

Death Match: Will ISIS Destroy or Merge With Al Qaeda?
Last summer ISIS had about 10,000 fighters. The CIA now estimates that their fighting force has quadrupled.

The upper range of estimates is 200,000 but only the Kurds are saying that.

No one is saying 300,000.

You are talking out of your ass. I've operated under ROE in combat, and if those ROE were not in place, it would not have made things any better for us, but it would have resulted in even more civilian deaths.

Does ROE make some situations more tense? Yes. Sometimes a lot more tense. But that's not a bad thing. If we had unleashed on everything that moved, we would have made an even bigger mess of things. I can personally say there are innocent civilians alive today who would not be if we had acted on our impulses instead of obeying the rules of engagement.

There were times when our CO was having to wait for some disphit back stateside to come to a decision, but we had to rely on them having more information at their disposal than we did. A bigger picture, as it were.

Did you operate in Baghdad under the ROE? Or any other highly populated area? It's a fucking war. Don't send our men & women to fight it with one hand tied behind their backs.

The only person worse than a liberal is a liberal who lies about being conservative. What else do you lie about? Why are you such a fraud? Why do you pretend to be a conservative? Who are you a shill for?

And they aren't here.

I understand what Biden was trying to say. Isis is not capable of defeating America, or even inflicting the types of casualties we'd see in a limited nuke exchange. But, I think they're an existential threat to our society and democratic ideals. If we started having suicide bombers at major sports events, we'd turn inward, and distrust one another, and we see mosque burnings.

And they aren't here.

"I think that ISIS is successful to a certain extent because they are not facing a concentrated effort to destroy the organization," said Barak, adding "Technically they aren't that strong- they are made up of only about 30-40 thousand people."

Last summer ISIS had about 10,000 fighters. The CIA now estimates that their fighting force has quadrupled.

I think we could defeat ISIS in a week, if we deployed a couple of mechanized divisions with a hell of a lot of whatever artillery we kept. But the question is ... who runs the joint after we kill or capture 10-50K terrorists.

And they aren't here.

I think we could defeat ISIS in a week, if we deployed a couple of mechanized divisions with a hell of a lot of whatever artillery we kept. But the question is ... who runs the joint after we kill or capture 10-50K terrorists.
Leave that to Assad and his population to figure out.

Did you operate in Baghdad under the ROE? Or any other highly populated area? It's a fucking war. Don't send our men & women to fight it with one hand tied behind their backs.

I do not get into the specifics of my life. I have good reasons for that.

This is some stupid talking point you are parroting. Stop making an ass of yourself.

The only thing which matters in a conflict is determining ahead of time what the end goals are. This is why I asked yesterday in my topic about "wiping out ISIS" what would be the plan after ISIS was wiped out. America has a long running tradition of going into a chaotic situation, kicking some ass, smoking some cigarettes, and then going home, leaving a giant power vacuum which leads to more chaos. Rinse, repeat.

I said before the Iraq war that the US would have to make AT LEAST a ten year commitment, but Bush knew he would never be able to sell that to the American people. We want Hollywood wars.

That is what we should be talking about. Not some stupid bullshit being fed to you by idiots.

The "wipe out ISIS" rhetoric is just more Hollywood fantasy bullshit jibber jabbered by morons.

You think all we need is a weapons free environment where we can mow down very last man, woman, and child as we see fit. Then we smoke some cigarettes and come home and all is good.

Idiots.

Last edited:

This is some stupid talking point you are parroting. Stop making an ass of yourself.

The only thing which matters in a conflict is determining ahead of time what the end goals are. This is why I asked yesterday in my topic about "wiping out ISIS" what would be the plan after ISIS was wiped out. America has a long running tradition of going into a chaotic situation, kicking some ass, smoking some cigarettes, and then going home, leaving a giant power vacuum which leads to more chaos. Rinse, repeat.

That is what we should be talking about. Not some stupid bullshit being fed to you by idiots.

Our problem has been that we haven't gone home after wiping them out. We stick around for years trying to impose our values on another culture. Let them sort it out while monitoring from afar with the ability to strike if terrorist activity resurfaces.

And they aren't here.

The Kurds are on the ground, though..
They did join AQ. Boko, too. They are all training together in the Sahara

Our problem has been that we haven't gone home after wiping them out. We stick around for years trying to impose our values on another culture. Let them sort it out while monitoring from afar with the ability to strike if terrorist activity resurfaces.

Sort it out? Are you that ignorant of history that you don't know what happens in a power vaccuum?

A lot of the troubles in the world today are the direct result of the collapse of the Soviet Union and the power vacuum which followed.

We added to the problem by removing Saddam Hussein and toppling the Taliban in Afghanistan.

And look at Egypt since the fall of Mubarek, Libya since the fall of Qadaffi.

Collectively, all those collapses so close together in time has caused massive chaos which will last for a century.

We need to decide how much we want to be involved in all of that.

By attacking Paris, and eventually the US, the chaos is reaching out and sucking us in.

Sort it out? Are you that ignorant of history that you don't know what happens in a power vaccuum?

A lot of the troubles in the world today are the direct result of the collapse of the Soviet Union and the power vacuum which followed.

We added to the problem by removing Saddam Hussein and toppling the Taliban in Afghanistan.

And look at Egypt since the fall of Mubarek, Libya since the fall of Qadaffi.

Collectively, all those collapses so close together in time has caused massive chaos which will last for a century.

We need to decide how much we want to be involved in all of that.

By attacking Paris, and eventually the US, the chaos is reaching out and sucking us in.
There is no power vacuum if Assad is left in power dumbfuck. And just as I said if terrorists try to assemble send over a few American bombs.
No more daddy daycare bullshit

Does Biden even understand what the word means or is he throwing it out because the voices in his head tell him to?

Forum List

Back