Bill Cosby

Accusers just keep comin' out of the woodwork like roaches.
Yep. Cosby needs RAID to shut these women up. Or maybe he should pull up his pants.

He's a social con, which makes him an entitlement junkie.

I have less trouble believing he's shit than I did MJ or Bundy.

Beyond hearsay, prove it.
I don't have to prove anything. He presents as an entitlement junkie.

That's par. You rarely prove anything that you post.
And you always side with rapists.

Rape is a crime. Where's the arrest report and the court records?

Oh snap

So...why did all these women wait so long? Something is very wrong with this. Did Bill piss off enough people telling black folks to pull their pants up, stop cussing, get a job, take care of their baby mama's and children, and this is paybacks or something?

Or..is he guilty as hell? And if so..again..why did they wait so long to report it?
Are you blaming the victims? I loved Cosby, but this isn't looking well for him. Rapist and pedophiles hide behind respectable personas for years. Bill got busted. Damn, that makes me so sad.
No, I am not "blaming" the "victims". I am doubting some of their stories. Not all of them, but some of them. I also STILL wonder why they waited so long. I call bullshit on it.

I knew that Bill Clinton was a serial adulterer years before it was proven. The rumor flew about for decades. This is the exact same thing. Bill is going to be very quiet about these allegations, because he knows that the truth is coming out. I predict total retirement before next Spring.
Adulterer is not the same as rapist. Hillary had her flings too.

The more women come forward and the more fantastic the claims are the less believable any of them are.

No matter what is said they know it can't be disproved any more than they can be proved. It's just starting to stink.

This is the month of giving thanks, and I'm thankful for this thread.

Made me realize very quickly I don't belong here. I can't stomach the mentality of the majority here.

To those of you that agreed with or thanked my posts, thank you in return - and thank you for your attempts to raise the IQ of this board.

God bless you, you are more optimistic than I am!

If I had been erroneously defamed by the media I would sue. Why has Cosby not instructed lawyer?

That is what you would do, not what Cosby or someone else may do.
Are you saying Cosby has no self respect.

No, I didn't say that. I said that each person, and what they do is going to vary, depending on life situations, experience and personality.
So a person with a fantastic persona created in front of our very eyes,who lives and breaths said persona. When accused of horrendous crimes in the very court that created him, would not defend himself if innocent?

It's only in the last 2 years that I've begun to fully appreciate what the term "rape culture" fully entails.

I dodged and deflected until I had to admit to myself, in the face of new information, that I was dodging and deflecting good information. 10 years ago, when another woman would come forward about the Cos, my knee-jerk reaction was, "Probably out to get money, or at least sully the man's reputation". I now know that that statement is symptomatic of what "rape culture" is all about. That's because I've learned that that statement really has no basis in fact.

For every 100 allegations of assault/rape, somewhere between 2 and 5 of them will turn up to be false allegations. The greatest occurrence of false allegations of assault/rape happen in custody battles.

When I learned this information, my immediate reaction use to be to prop up those instances when we learned of a high profile case in which a woman was lying, like the Duke Lacrosse team fiasco. But statistically speaking, that story is one of the 2 to 5 that end up not checking out in favor of the accused.

When it comes to just basic math, if Bill Cosby has 15 women in total accusing him of slipping them molly and taking advantage of them, there's about a 50/50 chance that 1 woman might just be lying.

The psychology of victims is very similar. Particularly when it comes to predators who are rich and powerful men. The victim just crawls up inside of themselves and suppresses the information because who the hell is going to believe them, right? They're embarrassed and ashamed and angry at themselves for feeling like they did something wrong to get themselves in that situation. They're afraid to come forward because of shame and many who do come forward are not believed or simply ignored. I feel for that woman who came out this past week to explain her side of the story in the early 70's when Cosby took a shine to her. He knew her threw her agent. When she told her agent what he'd done, her agent, a woman, basically told her to shut up about it.

Bill Cosby has been an American legend in my eyes practically my whole life. As kids we all watched Eddie Murphy and Richard Pryor for the cussing, but we watched Cosby's stand-up in order to bust our guts laughing.

I've ignored things for too long and it's time now to evolve on the matter and realize that the man's past has now finally caught up with him.

To believe in some grand conspiracy between 15 women who never previously knew each other is a real stretch. In fact, it's unprecedented. Their stories are compelling and specific. They are now in middle-age, that time in life when it starts to become easier as a person to come to terms with things and to bring them to the surface and deal with them. It works precisely the same way with child victims of abuse. For decades, boys grew into men who were able to process and understand what had actually happened to them and finally shed the guilt that had come with thinking it was their fault for a long time that they had been raped.

We should listen to these women and encourage all of them to come forward and be heard. Our courts make it almost impossible to convict predators because assault isn't always something that can be physically proven. Imagine how depressing that would be to be physically violated in a way that all you have left is your word? It drives some victims to suicide.

But just because our courts don't work well for the victims of assault and rape, it doesn't mean that it's not happening out there. The best step to take is to create an environment that encourages victims to speak out in a safe way, but that can only happen when we start to make ourselves more aware of the stigma we seem to have burned in our subconscious, based on no good information, that says we should be suspicious of our women. The two things that really burn victims of rape is when family members, friends or the authorities ask them, "Well, what were you wearing?" or "Were you drunk?". What those questions imply goes straight to the heart of what rape culture is all about. Those are not pertinent questions. In fact, they're insulting.

This doesn't look good for Bill Cosby. Taking a wait-and-see attitude is simply a dodge or a deflection.
People should not be tried in the media. If there is something to this, it should be dealt with in the courts. Trying people in the media is unacceptable. As a professional, you should know that. Shame on you.

You can't try most rape cases in the courts because they are the most difficult to prove. They are unique crimes where most times there is no physical proof.

That is precisely why so much of this ends up playing out in the media, because our justice system is failing victims. Get a clue. It's why this whole thing is currently happening.

It's only in the last 2 years that I've begun to fully appreciate what the term "rape culture" fully entails.

I dodged and deflected until I had to admit to myself, in the face of new information, that I was dodging and deflecting good information. 10 years ago, when another woman would come forward about the Cos, my knee-jerk reaction was, "Probably out to get money, or at least sully the man's reputation". I now know that that statement is symptomatic of what "rape culture" is all about. That's because I've learned that that statement really has no basis in fact.

For every 100 allegations of assault/rape, somewhere between 2 and 5 of them will turn up to be false allegations. The greatest occurrence of false allegations of assault/rape happen in custody battles.

When I learned this information, my immediate reaction use to be to prop up those instances when we learned of a high profile case in which a woman was lying, like the Duke Lacrosse team fiasco. But statistically speaking, that story is one of the 2 to 5 that end up not checking out in favor of the accused.

When it comes to just basic math, if Bill Cosby has 15 women in total accusing him of slipping them molly and taking advantage of them, there's about a 50/50 chance that 1 woman just might be lying.

The psychology of victims is very similar. Particularly when it comes to predators who are rich and powerful men. The victim just crawls up inside of themselves and suppresses the information because who the hell is going to believe them, right? They're embarrassed and ashamed and angry at themselves for feeling like they did something wrong to get themselves in that situation. They're afraid to come forward because of shame and many who do come forward are not believed or simply ignored. I really feel that woman who came out this past week to explain her side of the story in the early 70's when Cosby took a shine to her. He knew her threw his agent. When she told her agent what he'd done, her agent, a woman, basically told her to shut up about it.

Bill Cosby has been an American legend in my eyes practically my whole life. As kids we all watched Eddie Murphy and Richard Pryor for the cussing, but we watched Cosby's stand-up in order to bust a gut laughing.

I've ignored things for too long and it's time now to evolve on the matter and realize that the man's past has now finally caught up with him.

To believe in some grand conspiracy between 15 women who never previously knew each other is a real stretch. In fact, it's unprecedented. Their stories are compelling and specific. They are now in middle-age, that time in life when it starts to become easier as a person to come to terms with things and to bring them to the surface and deal with them. It works precisely the same way with child victims of abuse. For decades, boys grew into men who were able to process and understand what had actually happened to them and finally shed the guilt that had come with thinking it was their fault for a long time that they had been raped.

We should listen to these women and encourage all of them to come forward and be heard. Our courts make it almost impossible to convict predators because assault isn't always something that can be physically proven. Imagine how depressing that would be to be physically violated in a way that all you have left is your word? It drives some victims to suicide.

But just because our courts don't work well for the victims of assault and rape, it doesn't mean that it's not happening out there. The best step to take is to create an environment that encourages victims to speak out in a safe way, but that can only happen when we start to make ourselves more aware of the stigma we seem to have burned in our subconscious, based on no good information, that says we should be suspicious of our women. The two things that really burn victims of rape is when family members, friends or the authorities ask them, "Well, what were you wearing?" or "Were you drunk?". What those questions imply goes straight to the heart of what rape culture is all about. Those are not pertinent questions. In fact, they're insulting.

This doesn't look good for Bill Cosby. Taking a wait-and-see attitude is simply a dodge or a deflection.

good grief, can you make your point with less words?

I made several points actually. But I guess reading comprehension isn't your strong suit.

When it comes to just basic math, if Bill Cosby has 15 women in total accusing him of slipping them molly and taking advantage of them, there's about a 50/50 chance that 1 woman might just be lying.

The psychology of victims is very similar. Particularly when it comes to predators who are rich and powerful men. The victim just crawls up inside of themselves and suppresses the information because who the hell is going to believe them, right? They're embarrassed and ashamed and angry at themselves for feeling like they did something wrong to get themselves in that situation. They're afraid to come forward because of shame and many who do come forward are not believed or simply ignored. I feel for that woman who came out this past week to explain her side of the story in the early 70's when Cosby took a shine to her. He knew her threw her agent. When she told her agent what he'd done, her agent, a woman, basically told her to shut up about it.

Bill Cosby has been an American legend in my eyes practically my whole life. As kids we all watched Eddie Murphy and Richard Pryor for the cussing, but we watched Cosby's stand-up in order to bust our guts laughing.

I would say, if I were he and these accusations were unfounded and untrue, I would take the stance that they are not worthy of recognition or response. I would not get all riled up and make a big public issue out of something that is a completely false allegation. If you do so, you are simple feeding into the hands of those trying to destroy you.

The fact that he is accused of drugging them and then assaulting them makes it even more unbelieveable to me. If he is so important and powerful a figure in their eyes, why would he need to drug women in order to have sex with them? I imagine lots of women would be willing. Back in the 80s he was stil good looking, and young women would be more likely to be throwing themselves at him in order to get parts. All of these women were in show business.

Of course if you were he you would stay quiet and not dignify it with a response, because to sue these 16 women for defamation would allow them to get their stories and their evidence onto court records, something if you were he would really, really not want to do, because then he'd be counter-sued and he would lose. Duh.

I would say, if I were he and these accusations were unfounded and untrue, I would take the stance that they are not worthy of recognition or response. I would not get all riled up and make a big public issue out of something that is a completely false allegation. If you do so, you are simple feeding into the hands of those trying to destroy you.

The fact that he is accused of drugging them and then assaulting them makes it even more unbelievable to me. If he is so important and powerful a figure in their eyes, why would he need to drug women in order to have sex with them? I imagine lots of women would be willing. Back in the 80s he was still good looking, and young women would be more likely to be throwing themselves at him in order to get parts. All of these women were in show business.

Of course if you were he you would stay quiet and not dignify it with a response, because to sue these 16 women for defamation would allow them to get their stories and their evidence onto court records, something if you were he would really, really not want to do, because then he'd be counter-sued and he would lose. Duh.
You're not thinking very intelligently. He has already been defamed, and he will not be able to change it, no matter what he does. The best thing is to ignore it and hope it goes away. The more attention paid, the longer it is an issue. If he goes to court, he will just make it a bigger deal.

BTW, they may have 'stories.' They don't have any evidence. Whatever evidence there was, if there was any, was lost long ago because they failed to report a sexual assault. If such assault did occur, they have only themselves to blame for it not being acknowledged and dealt with at the time.

The fact that he is accused of drugging them and then assaulting them makes it even more unbelievable to me. If he is so important and powerful a figure in their eyes, why would he need to drug women in order to have sex with them? I imagine lots of women would be willing. Back in the 80s he was still good looking, and young women would be more likely to be throwing themselves at him in order to get parts. All of these women were in show business.

You're not thinking very intelligently. He has already been defamed, and he will not be able to change it, no matter what he does. The best thing is to ignore it and hope it goes away. The more attention paid, the longer it is an issue. If he goes to court, he will just make it a bigger deal.

BTW, they may have 'stories.' They don't have any evidence. Whatever evidence there was, if there was any, was lost long ago because they failed to report a sexual assault. If such assault did occur, they have only themselves to blame for it not being acknowledged and dealt with at the time.

No, YOU are not thinking very intelligently. If Bill Cosby is innocent, he should sue them all for defamation. One case at a time. Take them to the cleaners. Force them to go to court and tear apart every false thing they say and every piece of false evidence.

THAT'S what you do when you're rich, powerful and have been defamed.

The only reason he isn't doing that and will never do that is because he knows he's guilty.

There is no reason to doubt Lou Ferrigno's wife. There is no reason to doubt Michelle Hurd, one of the stars of Law & Order who came out yesterday and described inappropriate behavior by Cosby. They don't have anything to gain from this and there is no reason to doubt what they've said unless you have a low opinion of women, which apparently you must have or you'd know by paying attention to what they've said and done that the ones who did come out right away were suppressed or ignored.

No, YOU are not thinking very intelligently. If Bill Cosby is innocent, he should sue them all for defamation. One case at a time. Take them to the cleaners. Force them to go to court and tear apart every false thing they say and every piece of false evidence.

THAT'S what you do when you're rich, powerful and have been defamed.

The only reason he isn't doing that and will never do that is because he knows he's guilty.

There is no reason to doubt Lou Ferrigno's wife. There is no reason to doubt Michelle Hurd, one of the stars of Law & Order who came out yesterday and described inappropriate behavior by Cosby. They don't have anything to gain from this and there is no reason to doubt what they've said unless you have a low opinion of women, which apparently you must have or you'd know by paying attention to what they've said and done that the ones who did come out right away were suppressed or ignored.
Take them to the cleaners. That's funny. These women don't have any money, that's why they are making these accusations, to get some money. LOL

"The only reason he isn't doing that and will never do that is because he knows he's guilty." Bullshit. You don't know this. Making up reality does not make it reality.

'Inappropriate behavior' is not a sexual assault, it is inappropriate behavior.

Every single one of them has plenty to gain: fame, notoriety, and cash. I don't hate women: I hate people who lie. If something happened years ago, why did not one women report it to the police, not one. That does not make sense.

Last edited:
You can't try most rape cases in the courts because they are the most difficult to prove. They are unique crimes where most times there is no physical proof.

That is precisely why so much of this ends up playing out in the media, because our justice system is failing victims. Get a clue. It's why this whole thing is currently happening.
You're telling someone to get a clue after those ignorant comments?

This is the month of giving thanks, and I'm thankful for this thread.

Made me realize very quickly I don't belong here. I can't stomach the mentality of the majority here.

To those of you that agreed with or thanked my posts, thank you in return - and thank you for your attempts to raise the IQ of this board.

God bless you, you are more optimistic than I am!
You are too big for us. Maybe you should go back to curing cancer.

Forum List

Back