Bill Would Require State Approval to Homeschool

The bill has my complete approval. We currently have all the brain dead shit eating red neck scum bags we need. Why manufacture more?

HOME-SCHOOLING: Outstanding results on national tests - Washington Times

"Five areas of academic pursuit were measured. In reading, the average home-schooler scored at the 89th percentile; language, 84th percentile; math, 84th percentile; science, 86th percentile; and social studies, 84th percentile. In the core studies (reading, language and math), the average home-schooler scored at the 88th percentile.

The average public school student taking these standardized tests scored at the 50th percentile in each subject area.

The shit eating, brain dead scum bags are all in the government schools. You're obviously one of them.
i'd like to introduce you to the concepts of causality and correlation.

So it's just mere chance that government schools churn out a vast mass of morons?

So how many of you who oppose this are also for more strict standards for teachers in public schools?

Your attempt to equate teachers to parents is laughable..... I am guessing you have no children?

If true, then it is also laughable to equate parents to teachers. Both are laughable, or both are reasonable. I'm not sure which is which. But logically speaking, both are, or both aren't.

involved parents are their child's best teachers....hands down....

teachers may provide good information that one may retain....partially.....but compared to everything a parent teaches a child it is quite minor....which is why most homeschooled children beat the pants off their government schooled counterparts...

My kids attended a public school and they were very well prepared for college and are now doing very well. I owe it to a stable household and their teachers. We were heavily involved too. Take a bunch of disruptive kids and bring them into the house and then take the test. Scores come down fast. Education is what the learner puts into it. I was forced to attend a strict catholic school and DESPITE that atmosphere, I did quite well for myself. All this indoctrination mumbo jumbo is a bunch of garbage. Rhetoric.

Leave it to big government mainstream progressive liberal Jake to support Governments monopoly on degrees.

If we looked at education as a system of value like we do our currency, we oddly see the same effects of devaluation and inflation. Due to the poor quality of Government education caused by the monopoly and regulations making it hard to pride privet education one needs college certifications to gain the same level of education once provided years and years ago. As time rolls on one needs 2 then 4- then 6 years of college just to make up for the pointless degrees and diplomas they received in the past.

Governments reason for over regulating privet education is to lower competition. Without competition no one will be questioning the degrading quality of education they or their children are forced to endure.

And again it's not a shock on any level that jake feels Government control of education is perfectly understandable... We were all meant to be lemmings and incapable to thinking differently than others around us, just think how dangerous it would be having people resist the borg.

Leave it to far right reactionary Avory Suds with his radical anti-American agenda to oppose republican, constitutional government regulation of what (schooling, for instance) affects the public interest.

We the People, through our leges and courts, are telling liberts and anarchs that they are not influential at all.

Where does the Constitution give government the authority to regulate home schoolers?

This has already been settled and does not need to visited again.

Your attempt to equate teachers to parents is laughable..... I am guessing you have no children?

If true, then it is also laughable to equate parents to teachers. Both are laughable, or both are reasonable. I'm not sure which is which. But logically speaking, both are, or both aren't.

teachers may provide good information that one may retain....partially.....but compared to everything a parent teaches a child it is quite minor....which is why most homeschooled children beat the pants off their government schooled counterparts...

Fully agree, which is why the state's public interest require that parents are prepared and that they teach competently

Fully agree, which is why the state's public interest require that parents are prepared and that they teach competently

The state doesn't have any legitimate "interests."

Leave it to far right reactionary Avory Suds with his radical anti-American agenda to oppose republican, constitutional government regulation of what (schooling, for instance) affects the public interest.

We the People, through our leges and courts, are telling liberts and anarchs that they are not influential at all.

Where does the Constitution give government the authority to regulate home schoolers?

This has already been settled and does not need to visited again.

In other words, the Constitution grants no such authority.

All schooling that receives some form of state certification can be regulated by the state.

Anarchists' feelings should be taken into account then dismissed.

Leave it to big government mainstream progressive liberal Jake to support Governments monopoly on degrees.

If we looked at education as a system of value like we do our currency, we oddly see the same effects of devaluation and inflation. Due to the poor quality of Government education caused by the monopoly and regulations making it hard to pride privet education one needs college certifications to gain the same level of education once provided years and years ago. As time rolls on one needs 2 then 4- then 6 years of college just to make up for the pointless degrees and diplomas they received in the past.

Governments reason for over regulating privet education is to lower competition. Without competition no one will be questioning the degrading quality of education they or their children are forced to endure.

And again it's not a shock on any level that jake feels Government control of education is perfectly understandable... We were all meant to be lemmings and incapable to thinking differently than others around us, just think how dangerous it would be having people resist the borg.

Everytime I see you post I laff a little, you're a walking progressive talking point. man, you really got me good!

I'm equating teachers to teachers.

A public education - or the equivalent - is a child's right and obligation.

A public education at the level of standards set by the federal, state, and school district levels of government is a child's right.

The federal, state, and the school district governments have the right to set the standards.

A parent who wishes to become a teacher therefore should only be allowed to do so if they are qualified to provide the above,

which is the right of their child to receive.

Compulsory education laws apply as much as anything else.

No, you're not. You are comparing a parent, who has a vested interest in their child's education, to a paid teacher who may or may not give a fuck.

Why are you so afraid of home schooling? Are you a teacher?

Why are you accusing me of being afraid of homeschooling? Are you an asshole?

Nobody is accusing you of anything, dipshit. You are half a step short of proclaiming it on a billboard!

And yet currently the home schoolers are far out pacing the states teaching abilities.... This is why you are a dangerous person Jake, you support a failed system over a better one because you simply support almost any form of Government growth.

Prove public schools are doing a better job educating home schools and you have a case, as it has been shown in this thread home schools do better by far tha public schools, so the "regulations" imposed by the state or federal would in fact be detrimental to the betterment of society as a whole.

Holy fuck you're stupid man, lol.

My liberal brother and his wife's six homeschooled children will be much better educated, more well-rounded and much more creative than the average public school child will be. Most of their traditional homework is done when the weather outside is bad. When it's good they're off on adventures.

Public school locksteppers could only dream of having it as good as those kids do.

I was about to agree with you. But I had to mull it over in my head for a bit because something in my gut didn't feel quite right. Then I realized something. What you're saying here is similar to the kinds of things that many people say to those who choose to live child free. The "When you have a child of your own you'll love them so much you'll just find a way to be a good parent" kind of stuff.

The key element here is something that I think I'm going to call the "competence by parenting" fallacy. The highly romantic, but entirely illogical, idea that being a parent makes a person somehow magical in what they can do, or be competent at doing. The obvious evidence is that there are a great many people who are in fact very bad parents. Not necessarily absent or negligent, or anything like that. But they do a very bad job at raising their children into healthy and productive adults.

Abusive parents tend to be very involved in their child's lives. So being is generally necessary in order to commit abuse. On the other hand, there are many parents (and I think it's becoming more and more common nowadays) who are ultimately bad parents because they are too loving and never set boundaries for their children, and never teach them to be self reliant.

Anyway, my point is that any parent is only capable of being a "good" teacher for their children (most importantly, in non academic areas) inasmuch as the parent is already competent of being a good teacher and positive role model in the first place.

I think that the reasons why home schooled children tend to have better academic performance is due to the fact that home schooled children naturally have more individualized attention. There are drawbacks to home schooling also. Home schooled children tend to develop many poor social skills, for example.

And yet currently the home schoolers are far out pacing the states teaching abilities.... This is why you are a dangerous person Jake, you support a failed system over a better one because you simply support almost any form of Government growth.

Prove public schools are doing a better job educating home schools and you have a case, as it has been shown in this thread home schools do better by far tha public schools, so the "regulations" imposed by the state or federal would in fact be detrimental to the betterment of society as a whole.

Holy fuck you're stupid man, lol.

I keep seeing that, but you guys have not posted any peer-reviewed, objective data to support it.

Don't be afraid to post it.

And if the schooling is that good (HS and college instructors tell me it's not, but that's only my anecdotal comment), then you have no worry about the school examining and learning from it and applying it in public school where possible.

You need to think instead of emote. :lol:

And Jarl, Avory, and Antares, when it comes to sense, are still ten short of a quarter. Tis what tis.

Last edited:
Why shouldn't home schools have to meet he same standards as public schools?

Forum List

Back