Black people represent 6% of the pop. yet they account for 40% of cases of unarmed death by police

You're such an idiot. The stat I got wrong was about black men specifically. Black men, who represent 6% of the US population, are being disproportionately killed while unarmed by police. That is what my article was about. So no, nothing about my premise has changed.

The problem with your premise is that it fails to prove anything. That's because all shootings are investigated up and own. If the subject is black, the media feeds it to the public in order to start protests and riots. If white, nobody hears about it except in their own local media if that.

Maybe that should be your NEW premise.

When the cops arrived, the two littlest ones (about five years old and seven) began to run.

I swear, running from the cops is instinct with those people even at that young of an age.

You in Cleveland right? The way your cops shoot black kids, I would run too. Why not run? Make yourself harder to shoot.

The statistics rule. I don't have to go anywhere…just look at the statistics. 120,000 out of 37-40 million are what you and the media is raising all the fuss about. Meanwhile Hispanics Whites and other criminals are committing the other half of all homicides and most of those victims look like YOU!

Wonderful. Now why don't you tell us about the whites likely to commit a violent crime, then make a comparison. Don't forget to include that whites are five times the population of blacks in this country.

Whites are 6 times as likely to be murdered by another white person as by a black person

Generally speaking, white people in most cases live with other white people. Same with black people. So it makes sense that people get killed by other people in their area or within their family. That's all those statistics prove.

It's amazing RWs just blindly defend cops when it comes to black people yet will bitch and moan of the rights of armed white thugs taking over government buildings. The hypocrisy is astounding.

Black Men: 6% of Population; 40% of Unarmed People Shot to Death by Police This Year

What's your point? Since blacks as a whole are 12.5% of the population, that means black female make up 6.5% of the population. They have an over 70% bastard birth rate.

That is the sad result of the Lyndon Johnson "War on Poverty" and his Great Society. Prior to that time the black family unit was one of the strongest in the country. The terms of the War on Poverty STRONGLY ENCOURAGED women to NOT marry and thereby they received more in benefits. This caused additional problems of leaving men, without being the head of a household, with nothing to do. Idle hands are the devil's playground.

In a 75 year span (1940 - 2015), the rate increased more than 5x from 14% to over 70%.

It's amazing RWs just blindly defend cops when it comes to black people yet will bitch and moan of the rights of armed white thugs taking over government buildings. The hypocrisy is astounding.

Black Men: 6% of Population; 40% of Unarmed People Shot to Death by Police This Year

What's your point? Since blacks as a whole are 12.5% of the population, that means black female make up 6.5% of the population. They have an over 70% bastard birth rate.
What does the alleged Black birth rate have to do with cops killing so many unarmed Black males?

• A black male born in 1991 has a 29% chance of spending time in prison at some point in his life.
  • One out of nine African American men will be in prison between the ages of 20 and 34.
  • Black males ages 30 to 34 have the highest crime rate of any race/ethnicity gender and age combination. (According to America Community Survey.)
  • "In 2014, 6% of all black males ages 30 to 39 were in prison, compared to 2% of Hispanic and 1% of white males in the same age group."
  • "The Lifetime chances of going to prison are 32.2% for Black males and 17.2% for Latino males, while only 5.9% for White males." (Finzen 301)
  • 1 in 3 black males will go to prison in their lifetime.
If you don't think the high bastard birth rate among blacks contributes to much of this, you're part of the problem.

Yes, but that is not the whole story. Here is an interesting statistic on violent crimes.

During the 2012/2013 period, blacks committed an average of 560,600 violent crimes against whites, whereas whites committed only 99,403 such crimes against blacks.

That may contribute to why more blacks are confronted by police (proportionately) than whites.

New DOJ Statistics on Race and Violent Crime
I do think a subculture in the black community needs to take a look in the mirror, but typically this is an issue of poverty more than it is the color of one's skin.
Many other ethnic groups, most of them the victims of centuries of oppression in their own native lands, have, in our own nation's history, experienced decades of crushing poverty and debilitating discrimination, yet managed not to kill each other in such vast numbers., while they were working and clawing their way out of their condition.

Oh, and, BTW, blacks constitute 12.6% of the American population, not 6%, as your thread title incorrectly proclaims...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demography_of_the_United_States#Race_and_ethnicity

You're such an idiot. The stat I got wrong was about black men specifically. Black men, who represent 6% of the US population, are being disproportionately killed while unarmed by police. That is what my article was about. So no, nothing about my premise has changed.

The problem with your premise is that it fails to prove anything. That's because all shootings are investigated up and own. If the subject is black, the media feeds it to the public in order to start protests and riots. If white, nobody hears about it except in their own local media if that.

Maybe that should be your NEW premise.

Ray, the new premise wouldn't fit Billy's agenda.

Here is a rule of thumb, when you see percentages quoted you can be pretty sure someone is selling you a bill of goods, as you have.

The 6 percent number works where? Across the nation? Maybe. But the truth is that were blacks have the most trouble are the inner cities where their percentage of the population is much higher. But don't believe me look here:

List of U.S. cities with large African-American populations - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Again, one must be careful. You said men so multiply the total black population by about 48 percent, still well over 6 percent. But in the US as a whole the 6 percent number for men is correct.

Billy-boy, blacks are 13% of our population.
Ok well I gave a source for my stat and you didn't so you blow chunks and I don't. Congratulations.

Blacks make up 13.3% of the population, asshole

Population estimates, July 1, 2015, (V2015)

Now, what percentage of homicides in this country do they commit?

Almost half

Expanded Homicide Data Table 6
It's amazing how off point you retards get. This thread is about blacks being majorly disproportionately shot by police while unarmed. Quit pretending that isn't an issue. Their homicide Rate is a completely different issue. How hard is this to understand?

In other words, you'd prefer everyone accept your (bogus) statistics in a vacum and ignore all context because that would support your narrative. Is that right?

DOJ statistics show that between 1980 and 2008, black people committed 52% of homicides. You think that might have something to do with why young black men have such problems with the police.

Hey there fella! There'll be none of that logic and reason around here! You stop that immediately and stick with hyperbole and logical fallacies. That's the way to debate, don't cha know.

Black people need to pull their heads out of their ass. Lets review...Democrats run the inner cities they have for decades. Democrats run the police departments. Democrats run the courts. Democrats run the prisons. Democrats have sent millions of black males to prison and millions of black women to abortion clinics. Yes congress has approved trillions in spending to help poor black people but Democrats pocket most of the money before it ever gets to them. Meanwhile Democrats and the MSM run a propaganda campaign claiming the GOP is the enemy? Black people WTF okay holy shit. Even IF I were a racist bastard as they claim Democrats are a worse enemy to you people.

Ok well I gave a source for my stat and you didn't so you blow chunks and I don't. Congratulations.

dude, the census says it's 13% of the population. that would have made your point equally well and wouldn't have resulted in a discussion that intentionally deflected from your point...which is that blacks are inordinately killed by cops.

Umm what's his point? Perhaps you can articulate it because as i see it he doesnt have one.

opcyh3.jpg

FBI - Uniform Crime Report

dude, the census says it's 13% of the population. that would have made your point equally well and wouldn't have resulted in a discussion that intentionally deflected from your point...which is that blacks are inordinately killed by cops.

Umm what's his point? Perhaps you can articulate it because as i see it he doesnt have one.

he has a point.... and you know what it is Rocko..... that black people are more likely to be shot for no reason than white people.

it isn't a complicated point....which is why i suggested that using the actual numbers would have obviated the deflection of certain posters who would rather quibble over extraneous points.

Forum List

Back