Black republicans...who are they really?

That "traitor" argument strikes me as little more than the modern day equivalent of the schism between adherents to W.E.B Dubois and Booker T. Washington's approaches to achieving parity and success for blacks as a whole. It think it wholly absurd, to say nothing of grossly disrespectful and ignorant, to presuppose that any black person is a traitor to the struggles of black Americans overall. That's one hell of an "Uncle Tom" accusation to make and have no very rigorously developed argument to present in support of it with regard to any individual black conservative or black conservatives one the whole. For whatever one thinks about black conservatives, that they'd, in a manner of speaking, "cut off their nose to spite their face" is preposterous.

ya.... okie dokie.

Still fighting those concussions from your head hitting the headboard earning a living, are you? Sucks your looks went
I never would have guessed that Prince was a republican.

he wasn't.
He somehow made the list posted by 320.

I never would have guessed that Prince was a republican.

Um ... what?
320 Years of History posted a list of prominent black Republicans. Prince is on that list, number 50 I think.

So I did an Internet search, and how do you come up with that he's not?
I think you have me confused with Jillian. I didn't say that he wasn't. I just would not have guessed it.

OK, it sure sounded like you were supporting her point

In fairness, I didn't glean that JoeMoma was supporting her point. Perhaps I missed a post. The first I saw from Joe is the one wherein he says he wouldn't have guessed Prince was a Republican. That remark doesn't tell me what he thinks about someone else's comments or ideas, except his own and, sort of, Prince's.

Your argument is stupid. You're talking about a couple of appointments compared to thousands of elected black democrats all over the country at every level. That's stupid.

You're comparing a party that has opened the doors to black representation at EVERY LEVEL .. including the President of the United States .. to a party that actively and openly seeks to disenfranchise the black vote every chance it gets. That's stupid.

You right-wingers do much better in conversations exclusive to just you. Then you can say all kinds of childish dumb ass shit unencumbered by truth, facts, or even common sense.
What's stupid is repeating proven falsehoods.

:0) Like what? That your party is virtually all white?

You mean like 'republicans are racist?' :0)

Go take a look at this board .. every racist thing said comes from the Right. Republicans are racist and you know it.

If you claim I've repeated a falsehood .. step up to the mic and tell me what that is. :0)

Should be easy, huh?

Self victimization is so unattractive. Republicans support the same rules for blacks as whites, sad you think blacks aren't up to that. You're wrong, they are
You may support the same rules for blacks as whites but given the 300 year head start Whites have, those rules are slanted in your favor as a group. Blacks, being allowed to enter the competition rather late have had to fight an uphill battle against hostile "conservatives" bent on keeping them near the bottom rungs of society. You failed.
Still they RISE….

I don't know how old you are, but I entered the race WAY after that.

I went to school with plenty of blacks and there were no rules bent or slanted for me.

I entered the workforce, and there were no special rules bent or slanted for me.

If anything I witnessed the other way, that rules were bent to encourage "Diversity" ie in favor of blacks.

And the idea that "hostile conservatives" are bent on keeping them near the bottom is fucking nonsense only an asshole would say.
. Or rather a racist would say. Gotta keep it all going and going right ? Right.

The deflections begin! "W" being raked over the coals because of his rotten administration! He turned a budget surplus into a deficit, more than doubled the Nat'l Debt when it was going down under Clinton, started losing 600-800 thousand jobs a month when unemployment was low before he took office, started 2 wars on a lie, and made a mess out of Katrina! Those are facts that can't be ignored or placated with "what abouts?" You sound like someone who would rail about Bill's troubles when the topic is taxes! I guess you could have a problem concentrating and you can't help it, but unfortunately the Republican Intelligencia is about as pathetic trying to defend their governance whenever busted for malfeasance!

A post of liberal lies once again.

GW doubled the national debt, but no criticism of the clown after him that did the exact same?

Losing 600 to 800 thousand jobs. Yeah, and Democrats had nothing to do with the housing bubble and crash? You know, like pressuring banks into giving loans to minorities and poor people with no credit check or down payment?

Made a mess out of Katrina? Are you sure it was GW, or the governor? Because I have the video of who was responsible if you care for me to post it.

And you call your lies 'Facts?" Well........that's public education for ya.

You may support the same rules for blacks as whites but given the 300 year head start Whites have, those rules are slanted in your favor as a group. Blacks, being allowed to enter the competition rather late have had to fight an uphill battle against hostile "conservatives" bent on keeping them near the bottom rungs of society..

And just how have Republicans tired to do that?

Did Republicans fight school vouchers that helped many blacks to get a better education so they could pander to their union base?

Did Republicans pass unconstitutional law that states we can import all these illegals that take jobs primarily away from blacks?

Did Republicans preach about keeping abortions that killed more black babies than blacks alive in the US today?

Did Republicans support and promote single-parent households that is in direct proportion to many blacks living in poverty today?

So tell us. How did Republicans try to keep blacks on the bottom rung of society?

You may support the same rules for blacks as whites but given the 300 year head start Whites have, those rules are slanted in your favor as a group. Blacks, being allowed to enter the competition rather late have had to fight an uphill battle against hostile "conservatives" bent on keeping them near the bottom rungs of society. You failed.
Still they RISE….

Explain specifically what some whites do to keep blacks down? Seems to me that convincing them to trust that government will elevate them has been the biggest problem.

I get tired of hearing that it's other people's fault that an individual doesn't finish school and make something of themselves. If it were true that blacks are being kept down, we wouldn't have so many successful people, would we?

So, explain the actions that some take to prevent minorities from succeeding.

Your argument is stupid. You're talking about a couple of appointments compared to thousands of elected black democrats all over the country at every level. That's stupid.

You're comparing a party that has opened the doors to black representation at EVERY LEVEL .. including the President of the United States .. to a party that actively and openly seeks to disenfranchise the black vote every chance it gets. That's stupid.

You right-wingers do much better in conversations exclusive to just you. Then you can say all kinds of childish dumb ass shit unencumbered by truth, facts, or even common sense.

Go take a look at this board .. every racist thing said comes from the Right. Republicans are racist and you know it.

If you claim I've repeated a falsehood .. step up to the mic and tell me what that is. :0)

Should be easy, huh?

Self victimization is so unattractive. Republicans support the same rules for blacks as whites, sad you think blacks aren't up to that. You're wrong, they are
Still they RISE….

I went to school with plenty of blacks and there were no rules bent or slanted for me.

I entered the workforce, and there were no special rules bent or slanted for me.

If anything I witnessed the other way, that rules were bent to encourage "Diversity" ie in favor of blacks.

And the idea that "hostile conservatives" are bent on keeping them near the bottom is fucking nonsense only an asshole would say.
I wasn't talking specifically about you but you knew that didn't you? And your personal experiences with Blacks don't mean much either. Stop pretending you don't about the historic struggle of Blacks, minorities of amy race and women to gain equality with RW conservative White males. That struggle is still being waged in various venues and the latest petitioners for equality are the LGBT Americans. The rules aren't being "bent" to accommodate Blacks or any of the other groups seeking redress against RW White males for stepping on their civil rights. minorities and women don't want rules to be "bent" for them, they just want the Constitution to be enforced. They just want RW White males to stop trying to usurp their civil rights by imposing their political and draconian will on every aspect of our lives.

Draconian lol
The sky is falling,there is a con under your bed right now.
And just what rights are being usurped? Be specific,not the usual it just is ,prove it.

You may support the same rules for blacks as whites but given the 300 year head start Whites have, those rules are slanted in your favor as a group. Blacks, being allowed to enter the competition rather late have had to fight an uphill battle against hostile "conservatives" bent on keeping them near the bottom rungs of society..

And just how have Republicans tired to do that?

Did Republicans fight school vouchers that helped many blacks to get a better education so they could pander to their union base?

Did Republicans pass unconstitutional law that states we can import all these illegals that take jobs primarily away from blacks?

Did Republicans preach about keeping abortions that killed more black babies than blacks alive in the US today?

Did Republicans support and promote single-parent households that is in direct proportion to many blacks living in poverty today?

So tell us. How did Republicans try to keep blacks on the bottom rung of society?

Don't substitute the word "conservative" for republicans. I used the word conservative for a reason. RW White conservatives can be either democrat or republican and the lines between party affiliation are blurred in a historical perspective. Why is that axiom so hard for you to fathom?

School vouchers is a prime example of conservative duplicity. You are not concerned about Blacks getting a good education, if you did you certainly wouldn't suggest using a voucher system. Several voucher experiments have failed dismally already.

I blame both democrats and republicans for loss of jobs to illegals but Blacks don't miss jobs they never had. There are more poor Whites than the entire Black population and they are affected more than Blacks are by illegal immigrants. But lets not stop there. Haven't you seen the threads here on USMB where RWers were crying about the H-1B visa program taking STEM jobs from American workers? And who is hiring those illegals that are taking American jobs? Republicans will do anything to screw American labor out of a few dollars.

Black poverty does not encompass the entire Black community. Most Blacks are NOT poor.What gave you that idea? Blacks have done well on the "democratic plantation" and are now proud co-owners of it.

Draconian lol
The sky is falling,there is a con under your bed right now.
And just what rights are being usurped? Be specific,not the usual it just is ,prove it.

Pro-Choice is backed by the Supreme Court. Abortion is legal. The decision is between a woman and her God but RWers are still trying to attach criminality to it.

Non violent felons are stripped of their voting rights in most states even after they have paid their dues and finished their jail time. The liberals are making some headway in reversing that trend realizing that Black males are affected most my that tradition. The Black vote has been under attack by conservatives for years.

There are dozens of examples I could use but you are only capable of addressing two at a time. I'll keep it simple.

We will make them congressmen and party leaders.

Name blacks elected to congress in white Democrat districts, I must have missed when you didn't run from the question
Give me one good damn reason why I should do that. Stop deflecting and look it up yourself…. I am not interested.

Exactly, your claim Democrats aren't racist because white Democrat districts elect whites blows you out of the water

I'll bet $1000 that you can't show me where I said democrats are not racist. Some democrats ARE racist and some are also conservative.

That's what your whole argument is based on, Holmes
No, liar. You said I claimed Democrats are't racist. That is a lie. I never claimed any such thing. You make up shit and try to feed it to your stupid RW fellows. Not this time. I GOTCHA!

YOU are a big part of the problem, race-baiting douchebag.

Race will continue to be tough discussion for all concerned due to the wretched history! Sorry, it can't be purged from the history books; though the ones from Texas have tried their best! Atrocities occurred in the past and they continue to happen; no matter how much you want to forget the problem! :argue:

Race will continue to be a tough discussion as long as you disingenuous, Democrats hacks race bait to keep 90% of them voting for you

Frankly, most of us don't give a shit about a discussion. Fuck a discussion. Rights are determined by what you can demand, not discussions.

If you don't figure it out or agree .. who the fuck cares?

Good luck with that attitude.

It's pathetic a black thinks blacks can't succeed on a level playing field ...
It is pathetic that you attribute such thoughts to blacks. Blacks know they can succeed on a level playing field and that fact is evident no where more than in the armed forces. Promotions and are based on performance as is the ability to be retained. Millions of Blacks have been through that system successfully. They come back to civilian life well qualified and experienced in a vast array of disciplines to include leadership or supervision. Those high quality ex-soldiers were being overlooked until Affirmative Action made their skills marketable. Blacks know that so don't even try to tell me what Blacks think.

Should be easy, huh?

Still they RISE….

. Or rather a racist would say. Gotta keep it all going and going right ? Right.
You wanna know what a racist would say?:

Ron Paul argues that the landmark federal legislation that dismantled Jim Crow segregation in the 1960s was a moral evil and a violation of white people’s liberty.

Rick Santorum tells conservative voters that black people are parasites who live off hard-working white people.

Please don't confuse me with racist like Ryan and Santorum.

Still they RISE….

Explain specifically what some whites do to keep blacks down? Seems to me that convincing them to trust that government will elevate them has been the biggest problem.

I get tired of hearing that it's other people's fault that an individual doesn't finish school and make something of themselves. If it were true that blacks are being kept down, we wouldn't have so many successful people, would we?

So, explain the actions that some take to prevent minorities from succeeding.
See post #330

You wanna know what a racist would say?:

Ron Paul argues that the landmark federal legislation that dismantled Jim Crow segregation in the 1960s was a moral evil and a violation of white people’s liberty.

Rick Santorum tells conservative voters that black people are parasites who live off hard-working white people.

Please don't confuse me with racist like Ryan and Santorum.

"It just keeps expanding - I was in Indianola a few months ago and I was talking to someone who works in the department of public welfare here, and she told me that the state of Iowa is going to get fined if they don't sign up more people under the Medicaid program," Santorum said. "They're just pushing harder and harder to get more and more of you dependent upon them so they can get your vote. That's what the bottom line is."

He added: "I don't want to make black people's lives better by giving them somebody else's money; I want to give them the opportunity to go out and earn the money."

"Right," responded one audience member, as another woman can be seen nodding.

"And provide for themselves and their families," Santorum added, to applause. "The best way to do that is to get the manufacturing sector of the economy rolling again."

Santorum targets blacks in entitlement reform

What an awful message: get people off government assistance and have a better life for themselves and their families. How dare he?

As for Paul, he's no more of a Republican than Sanders is a Democrat. Paul's politics is Libertarian.

Pro-Choice is backed by the Supreme Court. Abortion is legal. The decision is between a woman and her God but RWers are still trying to attach criminality to it.

Non violent felons are stripped of their voting rights in most states even after they have paid their dues and finished their jail time. The liberals are making some headway in reversing that trend realizing that Black males are affected most my that tradition. The Black vote has been under attack by conservatives for years.

There are dozens of examples I could use but you are only capable of addressing two at a time. I'll keep it simple.

Oh, so in the above post, you tried to make a Santorum quote into racism, but yet to make your point, you do the same by saying many blacks served prison time.

If you value your right to vote, then don't become a felon. I know this is extremely difficult for liberals to understand, but white felons (in many states) cannot vote either.

Yeah, cause the condition has so greatly improve under democratic leadership over the last 40 years. More poverty, higher unemployment compared the rest of the country, more black on black violence and crime. It's actually gotten worse under the first black president, not better. Seems to me its the regressive policies that don't mesh with the interest of blacks.

Obviously, you aren't old enough to remember how much it really sucked to be black 40 years ago.

But you aren't going to erase 400 years of racism in 40 years.

The thing is, in the last 40 years, things suck more economically for MOST people, not just blacks. This is what happens when the 1% wages a class war.

I do NOT believe that opposition toward Obama is wholly based on race.....however, to deny that some racism does not exist toward Obama's presidency, would be equally naive.

To overplay this concept is just utterly convenient for liberals. You don't have to actually talk about the corruption that way.

Don't substitute the word "conservative" for republicans. I used the word conservative for a reason. RW White conservatives can be either democrat or republican and the lines between party affiliation are blurred in a historical perspective. Why is that axiom so hard for you to fathom?

School vouchers is a prime example of conservative duplicity. You are not concerned about Blacks getting a good education, if you did you certainly wouldn't suggest using a voucher system. Several voucher experiments have failed dismally already.

I blame both democrats and republicans for loss of jobs to illegals but Blacks don't miss jobs they never had. There are more poor Whites than the entire Black population and they are affected more than Blacks are by illegal immigrants. But lets not stop there. Haven't you seen the threads here on USMB where RWers were crying about the H-1B visa program taking STEM jobs from American workers? And who is hiring those illegals that are taking American jobs? Republicans will do anything to screw American labor out of a few dollars.

Black poverty does not encompass the entire Black community. Most Blacks are NOT poor.What gave you that idea? Blacks have done well on the "democratic plantation" and are now proud co-owners of it.

You have no idea what you're talking about. WTF is a "conservative" Democrat?

Immigrants do take more jobs from blacks because many of those jobs are lower paying manual labor jobs. Those are jobs that many blacks take in the real world.

And don't try to pass off this nonsense that companies who hire foreigners for technical jobs to replace Americans are Republican or Conservative companies only. The most recent story about such practices was Disney. Other liberal companies have outsourced jobs such as Microsoft and Macintosh. They all do it. It's not a Republican thing.

School Choice - The Case For Vouchers | The Battle Over School Choice | FRONTLINE | PBS

He added: "I don't want to make black people's lives better by giving them somebody else's money; I want to give them the opportunity to go out and earn the money."

"Right," responded one audience member, as another woman can be seen nodding.

"And provide for themselves and their families," Santorum added, to applause. "The best way to do that is to get the manufacturing sector of the economy rolling again."

Santorum also said that people who wanted to go to college (the only way to actually get a good paying job) are "elitists"

Of course, here's the problem with Santorum's premise. It's based on the notion that most black people are just waiting for their government check. They aren't. Most African-Americans have jobs. It is also based on the premise that most people waiting for a government check are black. Again, most people getting what is conventionally thought of as "Welfare" are white. And that's not even counting the biggest government entitlement programs - Social Security, Medicare and Unemployment Insurance- which overwealming go to white folks.

So essentially, Santorum engaged in the worst stereotypes to address a problem with platitudes instead of solutions.

Forum List

Back