Black republicans...who are they really?

I think the real problem is people like you who don't listen to Republicans or even consider trying their ideas. Instead, do the same failed things we've been doing for over 50 years.

Guy, again, I voted for Republicans for years. We tried your ideas. And in 2008, I found myself with an underwater mortgage and a busted 401K. And frankly, I'm white. I had options. Had to work three jobs to dig myself out of that fucking hole.

Your ideas are fucked up. That's why we don't try t them anymore.

Gee, I wonder how more whites end up on welfare when blacks are a whopping 13% of our population?

The thing is, you libs are always crying about black poverty, and when somebody on the right addresses it, you try to turn their comments into racism. Of course if Republicans totally ignore what's going on in the black communities across the country, then they are heartless for not even caring.

So how is one supposed to care about what goes on in the black areas? Give them more free stuff. After all, that's how Democrats get their votes.

The problem is, you guys never come up with a "solution" that doesn't involve making the rich richer at the expense of the rest of us.

and dragging out a few uncle Toms like Ben Carson to say, "Yeah, boss, we sure be shiftless" doesn't help your position, either.

1. Trump has some.

2. Calling successful blacks like Ben Carson an Uncle Tom, does help your position.

It marginalizes successful blacks who dare to not conform.

It marginalizes voices that might break the lock the Dems have on the black community.

It helps maintain the needed lie the the GOP is the Party of WHite Racism.

The only downside is that such strategies are tearing this nation apart.

But, that might be a plus to some people.

The GOP IS the party of white racism. You know that.

Black republicans are marginalized by the idiocy and racism of the Republican Party .. and make up less than 10% of African-American voters.

Ben Carson IS an Uncle Tom ... and yesterday's news. :0)

.. and oh yeah, Prince has NEVER voted for anyone nor any party.

Gee, I wonder how more whites end up on welfare when blacks are a whopping 13% of our population?

The thing is, you libs are always crying about black poverty, and when somebody on the right addresses it, you try to turn their comments into racism. Of course if Republicans totally ignore what's going on in the black communities across the country, then they are heartless for not even caring.

So how is one supposed to care about what goes on in the black areas? Give them more free stuff. After all, that's how Democrats get their votes.

The problem is, you guys never come up with a "solution" that doesn't involve making the rich richer at the expense of the rest of us.

and dragging out a few uncle Toms like Ben Carson to say, "Yeah, boss, we sure be shiftless" doesn't help your position, either.

1. Trump has some.

2. Calling successful blacks like Ben Carson an Uncle Tom, does help your position.

It marginalizes voices that might break the lock the Dems have on the black community.

The Regressive Left is NOT trying to heal wounds or improve relations.

This is about payback and winning. The rest is just collateral damage.

I know that.

You know that.

They know that.

But they lie.

Your argument is stupid. You're talking about a couple of appointments compared to thousands of elected black democrats all over the country at every level. That's stupid.

You're comparing a party that has opened the doors to black representation at EVERY LEVEL .. including the President of the United States .. to a party that actively and openly seeks to disenfranchise the black vote every chance it gets. That's stupid.

You right-wingers do much better in conversations exclusive to just you. Then you can say all kinds of childish dumb ass shit unencumbered by truth, facts, or even common sense.

Good lord....both of you need to put some intellectual rigor and integrity into your remarks.

There are quite a few "relevant" black Republicans.

1. Ben Carson — renowned pediatric neurosurgeon; likely 2016 presidential candidate
2. Colin Powell — former secretary of state; U.S. Army general
3. Condoleezza Rice — former secretary of state
4. Clarence Thomas Supreme Court justice
5. Mia Love U.S. congresswoman, Utah
6. Tim Scott — U.S. senator, South Carolina
7. Jason Riley Wall Street Journal editorial writer; author, “Please Stop Helping Us”
8. Michael Powell — former chairman, Federal Communications Commission; president, National Cable & Telecommunications Association
9. Will Hurd — Texas congressman
10. Herman Cain — businessman; 2012 presidential candidate
11. Thomas Sowell — economist; author
12. Allen West — former congressman, Florida; ex-Army officer
13. Janice Rogers Brown — D.C. Circuit judge
14. Shaquille O'Neal — retired NBA star; actor
15. Michael Steele — former chairman, Republican National Committee
16. Antonio Williams — director of government relations, Comcast
17. Deroy Murdock — nationally syndicated columnist; businessman
18. Lynn Swann — NFL Hall of Famer; 2006 Pennsylvania gubernatorial nominee
19. Elbert Guillory — Louisiana state senator; former Democrat
20. Dwayne Johnson — athlete; actor
21. James "Bo Snerdley" Golden — producer, "The Rush Limbaugh Show"
22. James Earl Jones Oscar-winning actor
23. Artur Davis — Montgomery, Alabama, mayoral candidate; former Democrat
24. Walter Williams economist; guest host, "The Rush Limbaugh Show"
25. Judge Lynn Toler — star of "Divorce Court"
26. LL Cool J — rapper; actor
27. Herschel Walker — retired NFL running back and Heisman Trophy winner
28. Joseph C. Phillips — "The Cosby Show" co-star; Christian commentator
29. Shelby Steele — author, "The Content of Our Character"; documentary filmmaker
30. Joseph Louis Clark — former high school principal portrayed by Morgan Freeman in "Lean On Me"
31. Prince — pop star
32. Alveda C. King — pro-life activist; former Georgia legislator; ex-Democrat; niece of Martin Luther King Jr.
33. Boyd Rutherford — Maryland lieutenant governor
34. Nolan Carroll — Philadelphia Eagles cornerback
35. Richard Ivory — founder, HipHopRepublican.com blog
36. Larry Elder — talk radio host; columnist
37. Jimmie "J.J." Walker — stand-up comedian; iconic comic actor on "Good Times" in 1970s
38. Peter Kirsanow member, U.S. Commission on Civil Rights
39. Robert P. Young Jr. — chief justice, Michigan Supreme Court
40. Don King — boxing promoter
41. Star Parker — president, Coalition on Urban Renewal and Education (CURE); columnist; congressional candidate
42. Alan Keyes — former presidential candidate
43. Raphael "Raffi" Williams — deputy press secretary, RNC
44. Ward Connerly former University of California regent; affirmative action foe
45. Crystal Wright — conservativeblackchick.com blogger
46. Armstrong Williams — radio commentator; author; media entrepreneur
47. Kevin A. Ross — host, "America’s Court with Judge Ross"; former Los Angeles Superior Court judge
48. Stephen N. Lackey corporate philanthropist; GOP fundraiser
49. Michael L. Williams Texas commissioner of education
50. B.J. Penn assistant secretary of the Navy under George W. Bush
51. Conrad James — scientist; member, University of New Mexico Board of Regents; former state legislator
52. Robert J. Brown — CEO, B&C Associates
53. Harold Doley — Doley Securities
54. Logan Delany — Delany Capital; treasurer, Ben Carson Organization
55. Alvin Williams — Black America’s Political Action Committee
56. Robert A. George — New York Post editorial writer
57. Amy Russell — clerk for U.S. District Judge James M. Moody Jr. in Arkansas
58. Jane E. Powdrell-Culbert — New Mexico legislator
59. Karl Malone — retired NBA great
60. Niger Innis — national spokesman, Congress of Racial Equality (CORE); Nevada congressional candidate
61. Neal E. Boyd — pop opera singer; "America’s Got Talent" winner; candidate, Missouri legislature
62. Kay James — president, Gloucester Institute; former George W. Bush administration official
63. Erika Harold — Miss America 2003; 2014 congressional candidate in Illinois
64. Damon Dunn — former NFL wide receiver; real estate investor; Long Beach, California, mayoral candidate
65. Thomas Stith — chief of staff for North Carolina Gov. Pat McCrory, leading governor’s "Innovation to Jobs" initiative
66. Robert Woodson president, National Center for Neighborhood Enterprise
67. Sheryl Underwood — comedian; CBS "The Talk" commentator
68. David Tyree — retired NFL wide receiver; New York Giants director of player development; pro-family activist
69. Bruce Harris — nominated by Gov. Christie and defeated by state Democrats to be New Jersey’s first openly homosexual supreme court justice; former mayor of Chatham, N.J.
70. Orlando Watson — black media communications director, Republican National Committee
71. Scott Turner — Texas state legislator; retired NFL defensive back
72. Dale Wainwright — attorney, Bracewell & Giuliani; former associate justice, Texas Supreme Court
73. Stacey Dash — actress; Fox News commentator
74. Jackie Winters — Oregon state senator
75. Patricia Funderburk Ware — HIV/AIDS expert who served in Clinton, Bush, and Obama administrations
76. Chidike Okeem — Nigerian-born, London-raised blogger
77. J.A. Parker — president, Lincoln Institute; publisher, The Lincoln Review
78. Nadra Enzi — "The Hood Conservative," New Orleans-based anti-crime activist
79. Mike Hill — Florida state legislator
80. Sonja Schmidt — PJTV commentator
81. Chelsi P. Henry — entrepreneur; political strategist
82. Joseph Perkins — columnist, Orange County Register
83. Carson Ross — mayor, Blue Springs Missouri
84. William Barclay Allen — former chairman, U.S. Civil Rights Commission; candidate for U.S. Senate in California
85. Clarence M. Mitchell IV — "C4," Baltimore talk radio personality
86. Deneen Borelli — author, "Blacklash"; FreedomWorks outreach director
87. John Meredith — lobbyist; son of civil rights pioneer James Meredith
88. Bill Hardiman — Michigan state veterans services administrator; former mayor, Kentwood, Michigan; former state senator and congressional candidate
89. Jill Upson — West Virginia legislator
90. Ken Blackwell — former Cincinnati mayor, Ohio secretary of state, and GOP gubernatorial nominee
91. Vernon Robinson — campaign director for Draft Ben Carson movement; former North Carolina congressional candidate
92. Amy Holmes — news anchor, TheBlaze TV
93. Dr. Elaina George — otolaryngologist; ObamaCare critic
94. Tony Childress — sheriff, Livingston County, Illinois
95. Larry Dean Thompson — George W. Bush deputy attorney general
96. Kevin Jackson — host, "Black Sphere" radio show
97. Michel Faulkner — retired New York Jets defensive lineman; New York City pastor; 2010 congressional nominee against Rep. Charles Rangel
98. Ryan Frazier — investment consultant; Colorado congressional candidate; Mitt Romney adviser
99. Brian C. Roseboro — international banker; George W. Bush Treasury Department official
100. David Webb — talk radio host; political columnist

I think the black community recognizes some of them as being relevant not only as blacks, but also as conservatives.

Though not as long as the list of black Democrats or white Republicans, the list of former and current elected/political blacks is pretty long.

(Looking over that list, I was kinda surprised. There are a few blacks on that list whom I've known since my childhood, though as with many childhood friendships, we don't routinely socialize as adults, even though our paths occasionally cross. Thinking back, I can recall them being objects of ridicule by other black high schoolers. I never really understood that.)

Facts aren't exactly the friend of liberalism

Facts are everyone's friend. Regardless of their approaches to resolving economic and social dilemmas, I firmly believe most liberals and conservatives alike aim to and think they are acting and supporting policies that are in the overall best interests of the country. I also believe one must have that premise as a foundation in any effort to intelligently analyze, weigh and debate political proposals, no matter from whence they issue. It's my observation that anyone who doesn't believe and keep that premise in mind will, meaning to or not, devolve into some sort of fallacious BS. I can assure you, fallacious BS is highly unproductive as goes getting anywhere nearer to a viable solution.

No, when liberals are saying things like that you can fight terrorism with gun control and that people will pay someone worth $5 an hour $7.25, facts are not their friends. Republicans suck, but leftists are just fundamentally dishonest. Matt Stone (see my sig) had it right

Sorry, but that remark will have to go unresponded to by me despite my preference to directly and with integrity respond to engage in conversations on a wide variety of topics and incorporating well founded learnings from multiple disciplines. I will not be baited, intentionally or accidentally, into a gun discussion with individuals on this forum. I know where those sorts of discussions go on USMB and frankly, I have no tolerance for the prevarication issuing from left or right wing folks on that issue. I'll refrain from responding directly also because nothing having to do with guns and/or terrorism is the topic of this thread and while much that I've mentioned thus far also isn't directly on-topic, it's at least been obliquely related.

Swish. The comment wasn't about "guns." Whatever your position is on guns, the idea that you can fight terrorism with gun control is categorically retarded, yet that's what the inane left is saying all over the place. It's an example of just how truly disingenuous they are

Guy, again, I voted for Republicans for years. We tried your ideas. And in 2008, I found myself with an underwater mortgage and a busted 401K. And frankly, I'm white. I had options. Had to work three jobs to dig myself out of that fucking hole.

Your ideas are fucked up. That's why we don't try t them anymore.

So why do you blame Republicans for something the Democrats started that caused your 401K to go under?

1. Trump has some.

The Regressive Left is NOT trying to heal wounds or improve relations.

This is about payback and winning. The rest is just collateral damage.

I know that.

You know that.

They know that.

But they lie.
I hate to see it, but it is what it is.

What blacks need is opportunity, handouts and a lowered bar keep them down, don't lift them up

Well, while I think providing opportunity, equanimity of it, can be done effectively at a class level, handouts are best given, IMO, on and at an/the individual level, sometimes on competitive merit, sometimes not. I don't think there's a "one size fits all" rule that can rightly govern how that happens. It'd be nice if there were, but I just don't think there is.. The trick is to make sure that what individuals receive handouts is an equitably made decision. I'm not at all opposed to doling out benefits, most especially when folks need them as well as when they deserve them. That said, I see neediness as more important than deservedness, but both are nonetheless relevant.

How is it a handout if it's done on "merit?"

Things one receives for doing something other than work is a handout. One may merit a handout by dint of need, accomplishment, the general goodwill of others, and myriad other reasons.

Merit is something you earn by definition. You don't merit anything you didn't earn. If as you say it's the "general goodwill of others," you did nothing wrong, but you didn't merit it. Need certainly is not "merit." I don't know what "accomplishment" means since you ruled out having worked for it. This really isn't an answer to my question

Yes. REally.

If Employers have a large pool of desperate workers they can hire to break any strikes or to replace any pro-union worker, that takes leverage away from the workers.

THe mexicans are part of wage stagnation.

Well, I'm glad you are saying "Mexicans" instead of code words like "Illegals".

I don't do code words.

A lot of time the topic are illegals. Other times the topic is immigration.

I have always tried to be clear that IMO, ALL THIRD WORLD IMMIGRATION is the problem, with Illegals being a subset of the problem.

That being said, THIRD WORLD IMMIGRATION IS A HUGE FACTOR in wage stagnation.

1. Trump has some.

Ben Carson was successful? Okay, why was that?

ben-carson-welfare.jpg

This is why Carson is an Uncle Tom. Because he wouldn't have been where he is today if a lot of liberal government programs gave him a boost up. But he'll happily get in front of people like you and tell you what you want to hear.[/QUOTE]

How do you know he does not really believe what he says?

1. Trump has some.

The GOP IS the party of white racism. You know that.

Name one racist policy, or STFU. And make it a good one cause I will destroy it.

Black republicans are marginalized by the idiocy and racism of the Republican Party

That was an idiotic thing to say.

.. and make up less than 10% of African-American voters.

Which proves what exactly? That the generations of race baiting propaganda from the left has worked? NO one claim otherwise.

Ben Carson IS an Uncle Tom ... and yesterday's news. :0)

.. and oh yeah, Prince has NEVER voted for anyone nor any party.

Calling Ben Carson an Uncle TOm is racist and stupid of you, you racist bigot.

And I could not care less about Prince.

:0) Like what? That your party is virtually all white?

You mean like 'republicans are racist?' :0)

Go take a look at this board .. every racist thing said comes from the Right. Republicans are racist and you know it.

If you claim I've repeated a falsehood .. step up to the mic and tell me what that is. :0)

Should be easy, huh?

Self victimization is so unattractive. Republicans support the same rules for blacks as whites, sad you think blacks aren't up to that. You're wrong, they are
You may support the same rules for blacks as whites but given the 300 year head start Whites have, those rules are slanted in your favor as a group. Blacks, being allowed to enter the competition rather late have had to fight an uphill battle against hostile "conservatives" bent on keeping them near the bottom rungs of society. You failed.
Still they RISE….

I don't know how old you are, but I entered the race WAY after that.

I went to school with plenty of blacks and there were no rules bent or slanted for me.

I entered the workforce, and there were no special rules bent or slanted for me.

If anything I witnessed the other way, that rules were bent to encourage "Diversity" ie in favor of blacks.

And the idea that "hostile conservatives" are bent on keeping them near the bottom is fucking nonsense only an asshole would say.
. Or rather a racist would say. Gotta keep it all going and going right ? Right.
You wanna know what a racist would say?:

Ron Paul argues that the landmark federal legislation that dismantled Jim Crow segregation in the 1960s was a moral evil and a violation of white people’s liberty.

Rick Santorum tells conservative voters that black people are parasites who live off hard-working white people.

Please don't confuse me with racist like Ryan and Santorum.

No, you're different. You're a racist who thinks blacks aren't intelligent or hard working enough to make it on their own against a white man and they need the bar lowered

Self victimization is so unattractive. Republicans support the same rules for blacks as whites, sad you think blacks aren't up to that. You're wrong, they are
You may support the same rules for blacks as whites but given the 300 year head start Whites have, those rules are slanted in your favor as a group. Blacks, being allowed to enter the competition rather late have had to fight an uphill battle against hostile "conservatives" bent on keeping them near the bottom rungs of society. You failed.
Still they RISE….

I don't know how old you are, but I entered the race WAY after that.

I went to school with plenty of blacks and there were no rules bent or slanted for me.

I entered the workforce, and there were no special rules bent or slanted for me.

If anything I witnessed the other way, that rules were bent to encourage "Diversity" ie in favor of blacks.

And the idea that "hostile conservatives" are bent on keeping them near the bottom is fucking nonsense only an asshole would say.
. Or rather a racist would say. Gotta keep it all going and going right ? Right.
You wanna know what a racist would say?:

Ron Paul argues that the landmark federal legislation that dismantled Jim Crow segregation in the 1960s was a moral evil and a violation of white people’s liberty.

Rick Santorum tells conservative voters that black people are parasites who live off hard-working white people.

Please don't confuse me with racist like Ryan and Santorum.

No, you're different. You're a racist who thinks blacks aren't intelligent or hard working enough to make it on their own against a white man and they need the bar lowered

:0) You're a racist clown who thinks African-Americans aren't smart enough to make their own political choices .. and dumb enough to believe that we would ever vote for republicans in numbers.

Nope, the GOP was supporting such laws before the Dems were, and continued to support such laws up to the present day.

To your stupid spin....ADD "delusion".......(exactly which party is making it more difficult for minorities to vote?)

If they don't keep blacks scared,

Without even realizing it......this right winger calls blacks ignorant and naive since [supposedly] democrats can scare them so damn easily............(every once in a while, some right wingers manage to show how truly racist they really are)

Wisconsin’s voter ID sham: Republican rep admits the law targets Democrats — it’s time for the rest of the GOP to say it, too
The truth comes out — a Republican congressman boasts that voter ID laws are an asset to his party

Tuesday’s presidential primaries in Wisconsin were the first big elections held in the state following the implementation of the voter ID law signed by Gov. Scott Walker in 2011, and early indications are that a lot of people were denied their right to cast a vote. As the Nation’s Ari Berman writes, the strict ID requirements and lack of public education about the law resulted in massive registration lines and disenfranchisement among younger voters and minorities – demographics that typically vote Democratic. From a civic health standpoint, that’s not great news. But from the Republican standpoint, the law worked exactly as intended.

The purpose behind voter ID laws like the one in Wisconsin is, according to Republicans and conservatives, to fight the scourge of voter fraud. But that official line is nonsense: voter fraud is vanishingly rare in Wisconsin and elsewhere, and in those rare instances in which voter fraud does occur, it’s almost always done via absentee ballot, which in-person voter ID laws don’t affect. The true purpose of these laws to do exactly what Wisconsin’s law achieved on Tuesday: suppress the votes of traditionally Democratic voter groups. The evidence points to that truth, but even if you’re unwilling to believe the observable impacts of erecting barriers to ballot access, you can trust the words of Republican politicians who freely admit as much.

Speaking to a local TV station on Tuesday night, Wisconsin Republican Rep. Glenn Grothman boasted that the state’s voter ID law will help whoever the Republican presidential nominee is to win Wisconsin in the general election. “I think Hillary Clinton is about the weakest candidate the Democrats have ever put up,” Grothman said. “And now we have photo ID, and I think photo ID is going to make a little bit of a difference as well.”
http://www.salon.com/2016/04/06/wis...s_time_for_the_rest_of_the_gop_to_say_it_too/

Any questions about why there are so few black republicans?

Wisconsin’s voter ID sham: Republican rep admits the law targets Democrats — it’s time for the rest of the GOP to say it, too
The truth comes out — a Republican congressman boasts that voter ID laws are an asset to his party

Tuesday’s presidential primaries in Wisconsin were the first big elections held in the state following the implementation of the voter ID law signed by Gov. Scott Walker in 2011, and early indications are that a lot of people were denied their right to cast a vote. As the Nation’s Ari Berman writes, the strict ID requirements and lack of public education about the law resulted in massive registration lines and disenfranchisement among younger voters and minorities – demographics that typically vote Democratic. From a civic health standpoint, that’s not great news. But from the Republican standpoint, the law worked exactly as intended.

The purpose behind voter ID laws like the one in Wisconsin is, according to Republicans and conservatives, to fight the scourge of voter fraud. But that official line is nonsense: voter fraud is vanishingly rare in Wisconsin and elsewhere, and in those rare instances in which voter fraud does occur, it’s almost always done via absentee ballot, which in-person voter ID laws don’t affect. The true purpose of these laws to do exactly what Wisconsin’s law achieved on Tuesday: suppress the votes of traditionally Democratic voter groups. The evidence points to that truth, but even if you’re unwilling to believe the observable impacts of erecting barriers to ballot access, you can trust the words of Republican politicians who freely admit as much.

Speaking to a local TV station on Tuesday night, Wisconsin Republican Rep. Glenn Grothman boasted that the state’s voter ID law will help whoever the Republican presidential nominee is to win Wisconsin in the general election. “I think Hillary Clinton is about the weakest candidate the Democrats have ever put up,” Grothman said. “And now we have photo ID, and I think photo ID is going to make a little bit of a difference as well.”

Amazing, isn't it......This republican moron in WI....along with the equally moronic republican from PA in 2012, actually managed to openly lift the curtain and reveal just how damn crooked the GOP is when it comes to disenfranchising minorities from voting.......

If they don't keep blacks scared,

Without even realizing it......this right winger calls blacks ignorant and naive since [supposedly] democrats can scare them so damn easily............(every once in a while, some right wingers manage to show how truly racist they really are)

.. as if we're 'scared' of cowardly ass right-wingers. :lol:

Yes, those conservative demons may not give blacks more handouts and lower the bar for you, the fiends ...

So do you attribute your view that blacks can't make it on an even playing field to that they are lazier or less intelligent than whites?

I think the biggest problem blacks have are people like you who tell them not to try because they can't do it when they can, they just need to tell you to STFU and stop making lame ass excuses

Of course voter ID laws target Democrats, you're the ones who do most cheating at the ballot. You know that too, which is why you fight laws making it harder for you to cheat

Forum List

Back