Black republicans...who are they really?

Obviously, you aren't old enough to remember how much it really sucked to be black 40 years ago.

But you aren't going to erase 400 years of racism in 40 years.

The thing is, in the last 40 years, things suck more economically for MOST people, not just blacks. This is what happens when the 1% wages a class war.

They did? I must have missed it.

How did the 1% wage this class war?

Santorum also said that people who wanted to go to college (the only way to actually get a good paying job) are "elitists"

Of course, here's the problem with Santorum's premise. It's based on the notion that most black people are just waiting for their government check. They aren't. Most African-Americans have jobs. It is also based on the premise that most people waiting for a government check are black. Again, most people getting what is conventionally thought of as "Welfare" are white. And that's not even counting the biggest government entitlement programs - Social Security, Medicare and Unemployment Insurance- which overwealming go to white folks.

So essentially, Santorum engaged in the worst stereotypes to address a problem with platitudes instead of solutions.

Gee, I wonder how more whites end up on welfare when blacks are a whopping 13% of our population?

The thing is, you libs are always crying about black poverty, and when somebody on the right addresses it, you try to turn their comments into racism. Of course if Republicans totally ignore what's going on in the black communities across the country, then they are heartless for not even caring.

So how is one supposed to care about what goes on in the black areas? Give them more free stuff. After all, that's how Democrats get their votes.

What's stupid is repeating proven falsehoods.

:0) Like what? That your party is virtually all white?

You mean like 'republicans are racist?' :0)

Go take a look at this board .. every racist thing said comes from the Right. Republicans are racist and you know it.

If you claim I've repeated a falsehood .. step up to the mic and tell me what that is. :0)

Should be easy, huh?

Self victimization is so unattractive. Republicans support the same rules for blacks as whites, sad you think blacks aren't up to that. You're wrong, they are
You may support the same rules for blacks as whites but given the 300 year head start Whites have, those rules are slanted in your favor as a group. Blacks, being allowed to enter the competition rather late have had to fight an uphill battle against hostile "conservatives" bent on keeping them near the bottom rungs of society. You failed.
Still they RISE….

I don't know how old you are, but I entered the race WAY after that.

I went to school with plenty of blacks and there were no rules bent or slanted for me.

I entered the workforce, and there were no special rules bent or slanted for me.

If anything I witnessed the other way, that rules were bent to encourage "Diversity" ie in favor of blacks.

And the idea that "hostile conservatives" are bent on keeping them near the bottom is fucking nonsense only an asshole would say.
I wasn't talking specifically about you but you knew that didn't you? And your personal experiences with Blacks don't mean much either. Stop pretending you don't about the historic struggle of Blacks, minorities of amy race and women to gain equality with RW conservative White males. That struggle is still being waged in various venues and the latest petitioners for equality are the LGBT Americans. The rules aren't being "bent" to accommodate Blacks or any of the other groups seeking redress against RW White males for stepping on their civil rights. minorities and women don't want rules to be "bent" for them, they just want the Constitution to be enforced. They just want RW White males to stop trying to usurp their civil rights by imposing their political and draconian will on every aspect of our lives.

You're just another mindless, far-left, racist drone.

Well, you missed it alright. But even if I explained it to you, you still wouldn't understand.

Here, I'll put it in chart form.

Screen%20Shot%202012-06-07%20at%2012.16.34%20PM.png

productivity_wages_graph.gif

Here's an objective point to ponder........

After Obama's rise to the WH (twice, mind you) the GOP's "autopsy" yielded an interesting conclusion: "We've got to appeal to minority voters more than we have...."

GOP strategists have been saying AND TRYING this for years. It has failed, despite repeated attempts and different policies.

Now, does that "conclusion" infer that the GOP has done MORE for minorities than democrats.......or not?

No, it doesn't. That is the Logical Fallacy of Appeal to Popularity.

You, as a lefty, have no problem imagining that Poor or Working Class whites who vote for the GOP are voting against their self interests. Thus, you should logically have no problem imagining that Poor or Working CLass blacks might be voting against their self interests.

Or you have to explain why you are willing to believe that large segments of Whites can be "wrong" and vote against their self interests AS PERCEIVED BY YOU, but you cannot believe the same of blacks.

.......and the fact that the GOP wants to appeal more to minorities without the backing of actual policies could......in all sincerity....smack of blatant condescension.

Incredibly narrow minded and self serving of you.

All you just did there was show that you

a. Have no ability to understand blacks who might think differently than you, ie potential republican black voters.

b. Have no ability to understand whites who do think differently than you, ie GOP strategists.

Well, you missed it alright. But even if I explained it to you, you still wouldn't understand.

Correct. I still don't understand. How is this a war (as you call it) waged by the top 1%? Because they're doing better? I don't know of them attacking anybody. I'm certainly not in the top 1% or near it, yet nobody has ever demonstrated that they have some sort of war against me.

Republicans support the same rules for blacks as whites,

....and the above largely due to democrats passing LAWS to ensure that such would happen......Legalizing parity in education, hiring, housing, voting, etc.

Nope, the GOP was supporting such laws before the Dems were, and continued to support such laws up to the present day.

Screen%20Shot%202012-06-07%20at%2012.16.34%20PM.png

productivity_wages_graph.gif

THe above graph could just as easily be done with Immigration as the bar opposite Middle class income, or Imports.

And Trump plans to address both of those.

Workers in a smaller labor pool, have more leverage to unionize. Has that occurred to you?

Good lord....both of you need to put some intellectual rigor and integrity into your remarks.

There are quite a few "relevant" black Republicans.

1. Ben Carson — renowned pediatric neurosurgeon; likely 2016 presidential candidate
2. Colin Powell — former secretary of state; U.S. Army general
3. Condoleezza Rice — former secretary of state
4. Clarence Thomas Supreme Court justice
5. Mia Love U.S. congresswoman, Utah
6. Tim Scott — U.S. senator, South Carolina
7. Jason Riley Wall Street Journal editorial writer; author, “Please Stop Helping Us”
8. Michael Powell — former chairman, Federal Communications Commission; president, National Cable & Telecommunications Association
9. Will Hurd — Texas congressman
10. Herman Cain — businessman; 2012 presidential candidate
11. Thomas Sowell — economist; author
12. Allen West — former congressman, Florida; ex-Army officer
13. Janice Rogers Brown — D.C. Circuit judge
14. Shaquille O'Neal — retired NBA star; actor
15. Michael Steele — former chairman, Republican National Committee
16. Antonio Williams — director of government relations, Comcast
17. Deroy Murdock — nationally syndicated columnist; businessman
18. Lynn Swann — NFL Hall of Famer; 2006 Pennsylvania gubernatorial nominee
19. Elbert Guillory — Louisiana state senator; former Democrat
20. Dwayne Johnson — athlete; actor
21. James "Bo Snerdley" Golden — producer, "The Rush Limbaugh Show"
22. James Earl Jones Oscar-winning actor
23. Artur Davis — Montgomery, Alabama, mayoral candidate; former Democrat
24. Walter Williams economist; guest host, "The Rush Limbaugh Show"
25. Judge Lynn Toler — star of "Divorce Court"
26. LL Cool J — rapper; actor
27. Herschel Walker — retired NFL running back and Heisman Trophy winner
28. Joseph C. Phillips — "The Cosby Show" co-star; Christian commentator
29. Shelby Steele — author, "The Content of Our Character"; documentary filmmaker
30. Joseph Louis Clark — former high school principal portrayed by Morgan Freeman in "Lean On Me"
31. Prince — pop star
32. Alveda C. King — pro-life activist; former Georgia legislator; ex-Democrat; niece of Martin Luther King Jr.
33. Boyd Rutherford — Maryland lieutenant governor
34. Nolan Carroll — Philadelphia Eagles cornerback
35. Richard Ivory — founder, HipHopRepublican.com blog
36. Larry Elder — talk radio host; columnist
37. Jimmie "J.J." Walker — stand-up comedian; iconic comic actor on "Good Times" in 1970s
38. Peter Kirsanow member, U.S. Commission on Civil Rights
39. Robert P. Young Jr. — chief justice, Michigan Supreme Court
40. Don King — boxing promoter
41. Star Parker — president, Coalition on Urban Renewal and Education (CURE); columnist; congressional candidate
42. Alan Keyes — former presidential candidate
43. Raphael "Raffi" Williams — deputy press secretary, RNC
44. Ward Connerly former University of California regent; affirmative action foe
45. Crystal Wright — conservativeblackchick.com blogger
46. Armstrong Williams — radio commentator; author; media entrepreneur
47. Kevin A. Ross — host, "America’s Court with Judge Ross"; former Los Angeles Superior Court judge
48. Stephen N. Lackey corporate philanthropist; GOP fundraiser
49. Michael L. Williams Texas commissioner of education
50. B.J. Penn assistant secretary of the Navy under George W. Bush
51. Conrad James — scientist; member, University of New Mexico Board of Regents; former state legislator
52. Robert J. Brown — CEO, B&C Associates
53. Harold Doley — Doley Securities
54. Logan Delany — Delany Capital; treasurer, Ben Carson Organization
55. Alvin Williams — Black America’s Political Action Committee
56. Robert A. George — New York Post editorial writer
57. Amy Russell — clerk for U.S. District Judge James M. Moody Jr. in Arkansas
58. Jane E. Powdrell-Culbert — New Mexico legislator
59. Karl Malone — retired NBA great
60. Niger Innis — national spokesman, Congress of Racial Equality (CORE); Nevada congressional candidate
61. Neal E. Boyd — pop opera singer; "America’s Got Talent" winner; candidate, Missouri legislature
62. Kay James — president, Gloucester Institute; former George W. Bush administration official
63. Erika Harold — Miss America 2003; 2014 congressional candidate in Illinois
64. Damon Dunn — former NFL wide receiver; real estate investor; Long Beach, California, mayoral candidate
65. Thomas Stith — chief of staff for North Carolina Gov. Pat McCrory, leading governor’s "Innovation to Jobs" initiative
66. Robert Woodson president, National Center for Neighborhood Enterprise
67. Sheryl Underwood — comedian; CBS "The Talk" commentator
68. David Tyree — retired NFL wide receiver; New York Giants director of player development; pro-family activist
69. Bruce Harris — nominated by Gov. Christie and defeated by state Democrats to be New Jersey’s first openly homosexual supreme court justice; former mayor of Chatham, N.J.
70. Orlando Watson — black media communications director, Republican National Committee
71. Scott Turner — Texas state legislator; retired NFL defensive back
72. Dale Wainwright — attorney, Bracewell & Giuliani; former associate justice, Texas Supreme Court
73. Stacey Dash — actress; Fox News commentator
74. Jackie Winters — Oregon state senator
75. Patricia Funderburk Ware — HIV/AIDS expert who served in Clinton, Bush, and Obama administrations
76. Chidike Okeem — Nigerian-born, London-raised blogger
77. J.A. Parker — president, Lincoln Institute; publisher, The Lincoln Review
78. Nadra Enzi — "The Hood Conservative," New Orleans-based anti-crime activist
79. Mike Hill — Florida state legislator
80. Sonja Schmidt — PJTV commentator
81. Chelsi P. Henry — entrepreneur; political strategist
82. Joseph Perkins — columnist, Orange County Register
83. Carson Ross — mayor, Blue Springs Missouri
84. William Barclay Allen — former chairman, U.S. Civil Rights Commission; candidate for U.S. Senate in California
85. Clarence M. Mitchell IV — "C4," Baltimore talk radio personality
86. Deneen Borelli — author, "Blacklash"; FreedomWorks outreach director
87. John Meredith — lobbyist; son of civil rights pioneer James Meredith
88. Bill Hardiman — Michigan state veterans services administrator; former mayor, Kentwood, Michigan; former state senator and congressional candidate
89. Jill Upson — West Virginia legislator
90. Ken Blackwell — former Cincinnati mayor, Ohio secretary of state, and GOP gubernatorial nominee
91. Vernon Robinson — campaign director for Draft Ben Carson movement; former North Carolina congressional candidate
92. Amy Holmes — news anchor, TheBlaze TV
93. Dr. Elaina George — otolaryngologist; ObamaCare critic
94. Tony Childress — sheriff, Livingston County, Illinois
95. Larry Dean Thompson — George W. Bush deputy attorney general
96. Kevin Jackson — host, "Black Sphere" radio show
97. Michel Faulkner — retired New York Jets defensive lineman; New York City pastor; 2010 congressional nominee against Rep. Charles Rangel
98. Ryan Frazier — investment consultant; Colorado congressional candidate; Mitt Romney adviser
99. Brian C. Roseboro — international banker; George W. Bush Treasury Department official
100. David Webb — talk radio host; political columnist

I think the black community recognizes some of them as being relevant not only as blacks, but also as conservatives.

Though not as long as the list of black Democrats or white Republicans, the list of former and current elected/political blacks is pretty long.

(Looking over that list, I was kinda surprised. There are a few blacks on that list whom I've known since my childhood, though as with many childhood friendships, we don't routinely socialize as adults, even though our paths occasionally cross. Thinking back, I can recall them being objects of ridicule by other black high schoolers. I never really understood that.)
. All traitors according to the racist here, and for whom make a claim to the Democrat party.

That "traitor" argument strikes me as little more than the modern day equivalent of the schism between adherents to W.E.B Dubois and Booker T. Washington's approaches to achieving parity and success for blacks as a whole. It think it wholly absurd, to say nothing of grossly disrespectful and ignorant, to presuppose that any black person is a traitor to the struggles of black Americans overall. That's one hell of an "Uncle Tom" accusation to make and have no very rigorously developed argument to present in support of it with regard to any individual black conservative or black conservatives one the whole. For whatever one thinks about black conservatives, that they'd, in a manner of speaking, "cut off their nose to spite their face" is preposterous.

ya.... okie dokie.

Still fighting those concussions from your head hitting the headboard earning a living, are you? Sucks your looks went

Off Topic:
I'm surprised nobody here as brought up the ideas and principles of "The Talented Tenth" as they are much else about Debois and Washington's opposing points of view go directly to the thread topic. I don't know how one can delve deeply into the matter of the dichotomy within the black community and not in some way introduce those two former leaders. Indeed, it almost seems disingenuous to not incorporate their ideas into an a discussion about why black Republicans exist and who/what they represent and what they aim to achieve by aligning with the GOP rather than with Democrats, as well as the converse of that.

I mean really. How did we get 300 posts into this discussion and find ourselves not incorporating themes from either gentleman? Am I engaging in a discussion with folks who truly know enough about blacks and black history that they have any business deigning to have an opinion on this topic?

Opinions are like assholes in that everyone's got one. But when you don't truly know what you are talking about, the opinion coming out of your mouth is little but marginally less foul smelling shit, and in terms of it's value to everyone else, is worth no more than what comes out your ass.
-- My father​

Another lefty who's primary goal is to find reasons to dismiss people and opinions instead of honestly addressing them.

Your type of elitism and snobbery is why anti-elitism is a thing.

Go take a look at this board .. every racist thing said comes from the Right. Republicans are racist and you know it.

If you claim I've repeated a falsehood .. step up to the mic and tell me what that is. :0)

Should be easy, huh?

Self victimization is so unattractive. Republicans support the same rules for blacks as whites, sad you think blacks aren't up to that. You're wrong, they are
You may support the same rules for blacks as whites but given the 300 year head start Whites have, those rules are slanted in your favor as a group. Blacks, being allowed to enter the competition rather late have had to fight an uphill battle against hostile "conservatives" bent on keeping them near the bottom rungs of society. You failed.
Still they RISE….

I went to school with plenty of blacks and there were no rules bent or slanted for me.

I entered the workforce, and there were no special rules bent or slanted for me.

If anything I witnessed the other way, that rules were bent to encourage "Diversity" ie in favor of blacks.

And the idea that "hostile conservatives" are bent on keeping them near the bottom is fucking nonsense only an asshole would say.
. Or rather a racist would say. Gotta keep it all going and going right ? Right.

If they don't keep blacks scared, some of them might listen to what the Republicans have to say, and realize they like it.

I agree some people do hate Obama because he's black.
"A few years ago, this guy would have been getting us coffee,"
Bill Clinton comment to Sen. Ted Kennedy

For clarity sake from mediamatters.....".....in their book Game Change, John Heilemann and Mark Halperin write:"

But Bill [Clinton] then went on, belittling Obama in a manner that deeply offended Kennedy. Recounting the conversation later to a friend, Teddy fumed that Clinton had said, A few years ago, this guy would have been getting us coffee.

Note the lack of quote marks around the statement attributed to Clinton. That means it's a paraphrase, not a direct quote. That means that Heilemann and Halperin did not or could not verify that Clinton said those exact words -- their source is not Kennedy or Clinton, but someone else who was supposedly aware of a later, alleged conversation between Kennedy and a "friend." As The Plum Line's Greg Sargent points out, the authors do indeed admit in their book: "Where dialog is not in quotes, it is paraphrased, reflecting only a lack of certainly on the part of our sources about precise wording, not about the nature of the statements."

Memo to media: Statement attributed to Clinton in Game Change is not a direct quote
So as usual Clinton gets pass.

Correct. I still don't understand. How is this a war (as you call it) waged by the top 1%? Because they're doing better? I don't know of them attacking anybody. I'm certainly not in the top 1% or near it, yet nobody has ever demonstrated that they have some sort of war against me.

Naw, dude, you are just a useful idiot who nods when a Koch Brother tells you that welfare person wants half your cookie.

THe above graph could just as easily be done with Immigration as the bar opposite Middle class income, or Imports.

Workers in a smaller labor pool, have more leverage to unionize. Has that occurred to you?

Not really. You know why unionism gained up until 1960 or so? Because the government encouraged it and businesses realized it was probably better than what was going on in the rest of the world when people were shooting the rich.

But you keep being scared of those scary Mexicans, okay.

Should be easy, huh?

Still they RISE….

ust

I wasn't talking specifically about you but you knew that didn't you?

Well, D'uh, of course. YOu were talking about Whites as a group, a group I am part of. So you were talking about me. Are you really too dim to realize that?

And your personal experiences with Blacks don't mean much either.

My personal experiences are as valid as anyone's. My personal observations of a normal, boring suburban/rural community growing up, and working in a big city are as valid as anyone else's. And contain vast information on the thousands of people I have interacted with at various levels and the groups they represented.

Stop pretending you don't about the historic struggle of Blacks, minorities of amy race and women to gain equality with RW conservative White males.

I pretended no such thing.

That struggle is still being waged in various venues and the latest petitioners for equality are the LGBT Americans.

No, it's not. What is being waged today is reverse discrimination. You can't discriminate in favor on one group, without discriminating against another.

The rules aren't being "bent" to accommodate Blacks or any of the other groups seeking redress against RW White males for stepping on their civil rights. minorities and women don't want rules to be "bent" for them, they just want the Constitution to be enforced. They just want RW White males to stop trying to usurp their civil rights by imposing their political and draconian will on every aspect of our lives.

Tell that to the New Haven FIrefighters.

Tell that to Whites applying to Harvard up against blacks who get a 300 point bonus for black skin.

Tell that to any number of whites who have seen blacks promoted so that Management will be more "inclusive" or "diverse".

YOur pretense that you just want equality while you are stepping all over us is tearing this nation apart.

Gee, I wonder how more whites end up on welfare when blacks are a whopping 13% of our population?

The thing is, you libs are always crying about black poverty, and when somebody on the right addresses it, you try to turn their comments into racism. Of course if Republicans totally ignore what's going on in the black communities across the country, then they are heartless for not even caring.

So how is one supposed to care about what goes on in the black areas? Give them more free stuff. After all, that's how Democrats get their votes.

The problem is, you guys never come up with a "solution" that doesn't involve making the rich richer at the expense of the rest of us.

and dragging out a few uncle Toms like Ben Carson to say, "Yeah, boss, we sure be shiftless" doesn't help your position, either.

Not really. You know why unionism gained up until 1960 or so? Because the government encouraged it and businesses realized it was probably better than what was going on in the rest of the world when people were shooting the rich.

But you keep being scared of those scary Mexicans, okay.

Yes. REally.

If Employers have a large pool of desperate workers they can hire to break any strikes or to replace any pro-union worker, that takes leverage away from the workers.

THe mexicans are part of wage stagnation.

The problem is, you guys never come up with a "solution" that doesn't involve making the rich richer at the expense of the rest of us.

and dragging out a few uncle Toms like Ben Carson to say, "Yeah, boss, we sure be shiftless" doesn't help your position, either.

1. Trump has some.

2. Calling successful blacks like Ben Carson an Uncle Tom, does help your position.

It marginalizes successful blacks who dare to not conform.

It marginalizes voices that might break the lock the Dems have on the black community.

It helps maintain the needed lie the the GOP is the Party of WHite Racism.

The only downside is that such strategies are tearing this nation apart.

But, that might be a plus to some people.

1. Trump has some.

2. Calling successful blacks like Ben Carson an Uncle Tom, does help your position.

It marginalizes successful blacks who dare to not conform.

It marginalizes voices that might break the lock the Dems have on the black community.

It helps maintain the needed lie the the GOP is the Party of WHite Racism.

The only downside is that such strategies are tearing this nation apart.

But, that might be a plus to some people.
The Regressive Left is NOT trying to heal wounds or improve relations.

This is about payback and winning. The rest is just collateral damage.

I think the real problem is people like you who don't listen to Republicans or even consider trying their ideas. Instead, do the same failed things we've been doing for over 50 years.

And how does the rich get richer at the expense of us? Please walk me through that fantasy. Because last I checked, the rich have never done better than under DumBama. And last I checked, we have over 93 million Americans not working or looking for a job.

Robert Rector: How the War on Poverty Was Lost

Yes. REally.

If Employers have a large pool of desperate workers they can hire to break any strikes or to replace any pro-union worker, that takes leverage away from the workers.

THe mexicans are part of wage stagnation.

Well, I'm glad you are saying "Mexicans" instead of code words like "Illegals".

1. Trump has some.

Ben Carson was successful? Okay, why was that?

ben-carson-welfare.jpg

This is why Carson is an Uncle Tom. Because he wouldn't have been where he is today if a lot of liberal government programs gave him a boost up. But he'll happily get in front of people like you and tell you what you want to hear.

Forum List

Back