Breaking: Mass Shooting at Ft. Hood in Texas ... 7 confirmed dead

Mal, you brought up his rank in your NYT thread ...
:eusa_shhh: I'm waiting for him to start a big conspiracy theory about the guy in Orlando.

You still don't get that I was Mocking Conspiracy Theorists with that Thread, do you... :lol::lol::lol:

del Posted a Pic for you.

:)

peace...
That's not what I meant. You need to go over there and obsess about the guy's religious beliefs and show as much joy over the killings he committed as you are showing about the Ft. Hood deaths.

Rank is Relevant to Possible Harrassment...

Pay and this Extended Debate about it is... Irrelevant.

peace...

You are being enlightened ... soak up the knowledge.

No I'm not... ;) And it's a Subject that would be a Good Thread of it's Own, but instead it's here.

peace...

Earlier today you were typing Major in all caps as if that rank were a big deal. Now you know it's not.

Large threads tend to stray off topic and then refocus as they progress.

Hardest man I ever met was an Army Sergeant Major ....

One of the funniest ¤time halting¤ moments I ever witnessed was during an FTX when a butterball tried to say "At Ease" to our CSM. I'm pretty sure laughter can still be heard echoing in that region of White Sands.

No I'm not... ;) And it's a Subject that would be a Good Thread of it's Own, but instead it's here.

peace...

Earlier today you were typing Major in all caps as if that rank were a big deal. Now you know it's not.

Mal has *always* had issues with Capitalization and improper vowel usage.

For Instance He Types Everything Like This.

And He Types Drink like this Drynk.

It's No Big Damm Deal. :D

peace...

Mal has *always* had issues with Capitalization and improper vowel usage.

For Instance He Types Everything Like This.

And He Types Drink like this Drynk.

It's No Big Damm Deal. :D

His apparently random use of Capitalization is not quite random, and it is not so uniform as to be almost every word.

He tried to "explain" it one time. It had something to do with Benjamin Franklin.

Damned if I knew what the fork he was trying to say.

He spells "drynk" correctly, of course.

:cool:

Just a question.

Has anybody at all explained why the information yesterday was that the shooter was dead until late into the evening the information suddenly switched to he is alive?

Most perplexing.

Just a question.

Has anybody at all explained why the information yesterday was that the shooter was dead until late into the evening the information suddenly switched to he is alive?

Most perplexing.
No but I can speculate as to why.

Just a question.

Most perplexing.

I'm baffled by it, too, though I don't think the Army changed the story. From what I recall Lt. General Cone said that the shooter was "neutralized" but never said he was killed. I think it was the media getting it wrong.

Just a question.

Most perplexing.

I'm baffled by it, too, though I don't think the Army changed the story. From what I recall Lt. General Cone said that the shooter was "neutralized" but never said he was killed. I think it was the media getting it wrong.
I think that's it. "Neutralized" has come to mean "killed" and it seems either the journalists were being sloppy in this case or the spokespeople at Ft. Hood were.

Just a question.

Most perplexing.

but didn't they also say the police officer who "killed" him was dead too?

peace...

Well, he's an Officer...

And I was Drawing Attention to that Fact.

Then Asking who would be "Harassing" an Officer on Base.

It's also a Word that has other Meanings, and ALL CAPS Seemed Appropriate for "MAJOR"... ;)

peace...

Just a question.

Most perplexing.

No, but they did say some SWAT team members were injured.

Just a question.

Most perplexing.

Good question ... I'm not sure if that came from the officials at Ft. Hood though ... I'll put my weak google-fu to work and see if I can scrounge up a quote.

I found this statement:

Lieutenant General Bob Cone: "A shooter opened fire. That person was killed. At this time, we are looking at 12 dead and 31 wounded. They are dispersed among the local hospitals in this area in Texas.

Twelve dead in shooting rampage at Fort Hood US military base in Texas - Telegraph

The hero shot him four times:

Fort Hood, Texas (CNN) -- The police officer who ended the Fort Hood massacre by shooting the suspect is known as the enforcer on her street, a "tough woman" who patrolled her neighborhood and once stopped burglars at her house.

"If you come in, I'm going to shoot," Kimberly Munley told the would-be intruders last year.

It was Munley who arrived quickly Thursday at the scene of the worst massacre at an Army base in U.S. history, where 13 people were killed. She confronted the alleged gunman, Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan, and shot him four times. Munley was wounded in the exchange.

Twelve dead in shooting rampage at Fort Hood US military base in Texas - Telegraph

And here is the clarification from General Cone:

Authorities had said immediately after Thursday's attack that they had killed the suspected shooter but this was later changed.

"There was a single shooter that was shot multiple times at the scene, he was not killed as previously reported," Cone said.

"He is currently in custody and in stable condition."

Gunman alive after US army base shooting - Yahoo!Xtra News

Forum List

Back