Breaking: Mass Shooting at Ft. Hood in Texas ... 7 confirmed dead

I found this statement:

Lieutenant General Bob Cone: "A shooter opened fire. That person was killed. At this time, we are looking at 12 dead and 31 wounded. They are dispersed among the local hospitals in this area in Texas.

Twelve dead in shooting rampage at Fort Hood US military base in Texas - Telegraph

The hero shot him four times:

Fort Hood, Texas (CNN) -- The police officer who ended the Fort Hood massacre by shooting the suspect is known as the enforcer on her street, a "tough woman" who patrolled her neighborhood and once stopped burglars at her house.

"If you come in, I'm going to shoot," Kimberly Munley told the would-be intruders last year.

It was Munley who arrived quickly Thursday at the scene of the worst massacre at an Army base in U.S. history, where 13 people were killed. She confronted the alleged gunman, Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan, and shot him four times. Munley was wounded in the exchange.

Twelve dead in shooting rampage at Fort Hood US military base in Texas - Telegraph

And here is the clarification from General Cone:

Authorities had said immediately after Thursday's attack that they had killed the suspected shooter but this was later changed.

"There was a single shooter that was shot multiple times at the scene, he was not killed as previously reported," Cone said.

"He is currently in custody and in stable condition."

Gunman alive after US army base shooting - Yahoo!Xtra News

underminer.jpg

Data Miner 15!

:clap2:

:)

peace...

I found this statement:

Lieutenant General Bob Cone: "A shooter opened fire. That person was killed. At this time, we are looking at 12 dead and 31 wounded. They are dispersed among the local hospitals in this area in Texas.

The hero shot him four times:

Fort Hood, Texas (CNN) -- The police officer who ended the Fort Hood massacre by shooting the suspect is known as the enforcer on her street, a "tough woman" who patrolled her neighborhood and once stopped burglars at her house.

"If you come in, I'm going to shoot," Kimberly Munley told the would-be intruders last year.

It was Munley who arrived quickly Thursday at the scene of the worst massacre at an Army base in U.S. history, where 13 people were killed. She confronted the alleged gunman, Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan, and shot him four times. Munley was wounded in the exchange.

And here is the clarification from General Cone:

Authorities had said immediately after Thursday's attack that they had killed the suspected shooter but this was later changed.

"There was a single shooter that was shot multiple times at the scene, he was not killed as previously reported," Cone said.

"He is currently in custody and in stable condition."
Gunman alive after US army base shooting - Yahoo!Xtra News
Looks like General Cone got some bad information. It happens when people are under stress.

I hope this isn't going to turn into some ridiculous conspiracy theory.

Looks like General Cone got some bad information. It happens when people are under stress.

I hope this isn't going to turn into some ridiculous conspiracy theory.

That's what it looks like to me too, Rav. There was a whole lot of confusion and Hassan had four bullets put into him.

How fitting that it was a woman who took him down, knowing that muslim men think women are worthless and less valuable than the camel they ride on.lol

No I'm not... ;) And it's a Subject that would be a Good Thread of it's Own, but instead it's here.

peace...

Earlier today you were typing Major in all caps as if that rank were a big deal. Now you know it's not.

Large threads tend to stray off topic and then refocus as they progress.

Well, he's an Officer...

And I was Drawing Attention to that Fact.

Then Asking who would be "Harassing" an Officer on Base.

It's also a Word that has other Meanings, and ALL CAPS Seemed Appropriate for "MAJOR"... ;)

peace...

Go watch "Good Morning Vietnam" and if you do, and if youuu doooo, pay attention.

How fitting that it was a woman who took him down, knowing that muslim men think women are worthless and less valuable than the camel they ride on.lol

What is the fucking year? Do we have the internet yet? One of the things that pisses me off the most is the wasted pafuckingthetic shitball bigotry balloon bonfires of absolutely false information.

We fully disrespect the lives lost by using tragedies like this to try and justify blind hatred. The dead aren't even fucking buried yet. How fucking selfish does someone have to be to use their murders to make such blatantly false comments? You can call me every name in the book in your response but I promise none of it can compare with the hate you've already unleashed.

I'm baffled by it, too, though I don't think the Army changed the story. From what I recall Lt. General Cone said that the shooter was "neutralized" but never said he was killed. I think it was the media getting it wrong.

but didn't they also say the police officer who "killed" him was dead too?
No, but they did say some SWAT team members were injured.

you are dead wrong Ravi. I posted the original news conference. Go watch it.

"most everybody" ????

Why don't you simply answer the question directly?

(Please provide scripture to proves unequivocally non muslims are innocent)

I too would like to read it, as there always seems to be gray areas, depending on which Muslim is doing the sharing.

Thanks.

Mike

Well, I've probably spent more time answering that question directly than I have participating in any other thread here.

You could read the discussion between Mr. Fitnah and I that begins on page 11 of that thread and continues to page 78. Alternatively, you could read a short list of Qur'anic passages that I put together in a separate discussion.

I didn't ask you for your personal history.

I ask you for a direct answer.

So thanks for the reply and I understand the your reason for avoidance.

Mike

Switching gears...Some of you know that I've followed Blackfive since he went online. I've read [ame="http://www.amazon.com/o/ASIN/0743294181/ref=s9_asin_title/002-1918050-6400869"]his book[/ame], which I think is a good start to anyone interested in military, 9/11, or the MSM.

He was in the military for many a year, like the shooter, the military paid for his advanced education, difference was, he's using it for good.

Not all Muslims, in or out of the US military are like the shooter. However, there are forces about that allowed a person of a faith seen as 'minority' to rise to a pretty high level, 'major' this Spring, while being investigated for multiple reasons for things said against our country, including threats.

BLACKFIVE: Fort Hood Shooting - Aftermath

FORT HOOD SHOOTING - AFTERMATH
POSTED BY BLACKFIVE
First, Soldiers' Angels is gathering cards for the families of the fallen and the wounded.

SOLDIERS' ANGELS STANDING BY FOR FT. HOOD-- Collecting cards and NEW stuffed animals for the families and children of the fallen/wounded heroes. Please send cards and stuffed animals/blankets/anything NEW that may brighten the life of a child to:

Soldiers' Angels Warehouse
4408 PanAm Expressway
San Antonio, TX 78218

WE WILL FOCUS on the HOLIDAY OUTREACH as a major push.​

Next, as the media tried to make PTSD an issue (across all networks), I called a few producers to let them know that Hasan had never served overseas. No PTSD.

Also, the media tries for victim-hood on Hasan. Apparently, reports are that he was harassed for being muslim. I have sources that have stated that the Army investigated Hasan's claims that he was being targeted for his religion and found that either his reports were inaccurate or that he was faking the harassment.

I have seen soldiers harass muslims (one of the best NCOs I had as a young cav scout platoon leader was Sergeant Hassan). I have also seen soldiers harass each other for being Italian and Irish and Jewish, etc. [as a soldier, I also put a stop to that nonsense]

The point of that is that it is not an excuse for murder.

More will be revealed. From where I stand, much of this looks like religion-inspired terror. We need to know who his spiritual advisers are (one account is that his chaplain was the same guy who counseled Hasan Akbar, the Army sergeant who killed his fellow soldiers).

Last, many soldiers I have spoken with are deeply concerned about the President's response. The President spoke for minutes about the Tribal Conference before addressing the tragedy on Fort Hood. What was THAT about?

Update: Here's the President's speech about Fort Hood. Some, in the Comments, have noticed the "Late Night" host like attitude. Weird. His PR manager needs to get fired. BTW, most media outlets are cutting out the weird intro.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_N1MMll4Xk&feature=player_embedded

Update 2: Reader Steve sends this clip to NPR's All Things Considered where they discuss some aberrant behavior in Hasan.

NPR "All Things Considered" reports that Hasan talked at a professional meeting about beheading infidels. A fellow doctor reports:

"He gave a Grand Rounds presentation. . . You take turns giving a lecture on, you know, the correct treatment of schizophrenia, the right drugs to prescribe for personality disorder, you know, that sort of thing. But instead of giving an academic paper, he gave a lecture on the Koran, and they said it didn’t seem to be just an informational lecture, but it seemed to be his own beliefs. That’s what a lot of people thought."

"He talked about how if you’re a nonbeliever the Koran says you should have your head cut off, you should have oil poured down your throat, you should be set on fire. And I said well couldn’t this just be his educating you? And the psychiatrist said yes, but one of the Muslims in the audience, another psychiatrist, raised his hand and was quite disturbed and he said you know, a lot of us don’t believe these things you’re saying, and that there was no place where Hasan couched it as this is what the Koran teaches but you know I don’t believe it. And people actually talked in the hallway afterwards about ‘is he one of these people that’s going to freak out and shoot people someday?’"​

Update 3: One word. HERO

Fort Hood Officer Kimberly Munley Hailed as Massacre Hero - ABC News

Cone said Munley, 34, was doing traffic control in the area when Major Nidal Malik Hasan began spraying unarmed soldiers with rounds from two pistols.

The civilian cop headed straight for the sound of gunfire...
<...>
ABC News' Bob Woodruff reported today that Hasan is paralyzed from his injuries.

Taken into surgery afterwards, Munley spent Thursday night calling her fellow co-workers from her hospital bed to make sure everyone was okay...​

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Vel
Switching gears...Some of you know that I've followed Blackfive since he went online. I've read his book, which I think is a good start to anyone interested in military, 9/11, or the MSM.

He was in the military for many a year, like the shooter, the military paid for his advanced education, difference was, he's using it for good.

Not all Muslims, in or out of the US military are like the shooter. However, there are forces about that allowed a person of a faith seen as 'minority' to rise to a pretty high level, 'major' this Spring, while being investigated for multiple reasons for things said against our country, including threats.

BLACKFIVE: Fort Hood Shooting - Aftermath

FORT HOOD SHOOTING - AFTERMATH
POSTED BY BLACKFIVE
First, Soldiers' Angels is gathering cards for the families of the fallen and the wounded.

SOLDIERS' ANGELS STANDING BY FOR FT. HOOD-- Collecting cards and NEW stuffed animals for the families and children of the fallen/wounded heroes. Please send cards and stuffed animals/blankets/anything NEW that may brighten the life of a child to:

Soldiers' Angels Warehouse
4408 PanAm Expressway
San Antonio, TX 78218

WE WILL FOCUS on the HOLIDAY OUTREACH as a major push.​

Next, as the media tried to make PTSD an issue (across all networks), I called a few producers to let them know that Hasan had never served overseas. No PTSD.

Also, the media tries for victim-hood on Hasan. Apparently, reports are that he was harassed for being muslim. I have sources that have stated that the Army investigated Hasan's claims that he was being targeted for his religion and found that either his reports were inaccurate or that he was faking the harassment.

I have seen soldiers harass muslims (one of the best NCOs I had as a young cav scout platoon leader was Sergeant Hassan). I have also seen soldiers harass each other for being Italian and Irish and Jewish, etc. [as a soldier, I also put a stop to that nonsense]

The point of that is that it is not an excuse for murder.

More will be revealed. From where I stand, much of this looks like religion-inspired terror. We need to know who his spiritual advisers are (one account is that his chaplain was the same guy who counseled Hasan Akbar, the Army sergeant who killed his fellow soldiers).

Last, many soldiers I have spoken with are deeply concerned about the President's response. The President spoke for minutes about the Tribal Conference before addressing the tragedy on Fort Hood. What was THAT about?

Update: Here's the President's speech about Fort Hood. Some, in the Comments, have noticed the "Late Night" host like attitude. Weird. His PR manager needs to get fired. BTW, most media outlets are cutting out the weird intro.

YouTube - President Obama Speaks about Natives, Then Fort Hood

Update 2: Reader Steve sends this clip to NPR's All Things Considered where they discuss some aberrant behavior in Hasan.

NPR "All Things Considered" reports that Hasan talked at a professional meeting about beheading infidels. A fellow doctor reports:

"He gave a Grand Rounds presentation. . . You take turns giving a lecture on, you know, the correct treatment of schizophrenia, the right drugs to prescribe for personality disorder, you know, that sort of thing. But instead of giving an academic paper, he gave a lecture on the Koran, and they said it didn’t seem to be just an informational lecture, but it seemed to be his own beliefs. That’s what a lot of people thought."

"He talked about how if you’re a nonbeliever the Koran says you should have your head cut off, you should have oil poured down your throat, you should be set on fire. And I said well couldn’t this just be his educating you? And the psychiatrist said yes, but one of the Muslims in the audience, another psychiatrist, raised his hand and was quite disturbed and he said you know, a lot of us don’t believe these things you’re saying, and that there was no place where Hasan couched it as this is what the Koran teaches but you know I don’t believe it. And people actually talked in the hallway afterwards about ‘is he one of these people that’s going to freak out and shoot people someday?’"​

Update 3: One word. HERO

Fort Hood Officer Kimberly Munley Hailed as Massacre Hero - ABC News

Cone said Munley, 34, was doing traffic control in the area when Major Nidal Malik Hasan began spraying unarmed soldiers with rounds from two pistols.

The civilian cop headed straight for the sound of gunfire...
<...>
ABC News' Bob Woodruff reported today that Hasan is paralyzed from his injuries.

Taken into surgery afterwards, Munley spent Thursday night calling her fellow co-workers from her hospital bed to make sure everyone was okay...​

Thanks for the link Annie. I bookmarked the site. My god, did you read the first comment from Matt? That never occurred to me. I remember asking my husband how one man could kill so many with two handguns.

Thanks for the link Annie. I bookmarked the site. My god, did you read the first comment from Matt? That never occurred to me. I remember asking my husband how one man could kill so many with two handguns.

yep. Matt is one cool hombre. I've met him in meet ups. Let's just say that U of C alumni are close, but I'll say he's heads and shoulders over moi. Smartest guy I've ever met. Best drinker too.

:banghead: over half of this thread :banghead:

On a side note, Article is a veteran so his words in things related with the military carry more weight with me than other people's opinions.

No offence meant to anyone.

Oh and anyone saying we shouldn't let muslims into the military because they are muslim.....you need to go re-read our founding documents and re-visit the founding principles of this country.

yes muslims should consult scripture and those with knowledge before joining the service.

Islam Question and Answer - Working in the army of a country in which there are munkaraat (haraam deeds)

Firstly: it is haraam to shave the beard; it is obligatory (waajib) to leave it to grow.

Secondly: it is not permissible to salute the flag.

Thirdly: it is obligatory (waajib) to govern by the sharee&#8217;ah of Islam, and to refer to it for judgement. It is not permissible for a Muslim to greet colleagues or superiors with the greeting of the foreigners, because of the reports which state that it is forbidden to imitate them and because this represents exaggerated respect for them.

Fourthly: Whoever fights to make the word of Allaah supreme and to protect the Muslims and their lands from the enemy, is fighting for the sake of Allaah, and if he is killed he is a shaheed (martyr). What counts is the aim and intention. You can have an intention which is different from the intention of the army, such as intending to make the word of Allaah supreme in your jihaad (so long as it is permissible, according to sharee&#8217;ah, to fight the group against whom you are fighting), even if others have different intentions, such as fighting for their country.

snip

Shaykh: &#8220;This is not permissible unless the nation in whose army he is working is not fighting the Muslims.&#8221;

- &#8220;And not driving them out of their homes or helping others to do so?&#8221;

Shaykh: &#8220;Yes.&#8221;

And Allaah knows best.

snip

We want to emphasize to you the necessity of finding other employment and of leaving service in the army of the kaafirs, because that implies helping them, strengthening them and increasing the numbers of their fighters and supporters &#8211;

unless your work can bring some benefits to the Muslims, such as giving information and secrets of the kaafirs to the Muslims so as to help the Muslims

, or if your work is purely da&#8217;wah, such as giving khutbahs and leading prayers for the Muslims in the kaafir army whilst also advising them to avoid any work that will strengthen the kaafirs. We ask Allaah to keep you safe from temptation and to give you a good end in this world and in the Hereafter.

In summary you are saying any good muslim who strictly follows the Koran would never join the armed services of the USA?

Give me some leeway i'm not a muslim and this is an honest question.

I think so. It's one thing to be muslim...it's another to be one who strictly follows the koran. That would be a FUNDAMENTALIST Muslim.

This guy was a fruitcake. His family is lying about him. He received a poor evaluation, which nixes any chances for promotion. He had hired an attorney to represent him in his efforts to not go to Afghanistan and treat soldiers who are damaged because of his brother Muslims. He didn't want to go, he was pissed that he had to, and he wanted out of his obligation to the Army, despite the fact they spent hundreds of thousands of dollars to educate his pathetic ass.

He was DISCIPLINED for trying to convert the servicemen he was treating, because he was using treatment time to attempt to convert them to Islam.

He acquired the gun, and armor penetrating bullets, (either the gun or the bullets are called cop killers) some time before the incident. He left a good bye message to a friend on his voice mail.

Premeditated, had nothing to do with whatever ribbing he may have been subjected to (oh boo fucking hoo), and I really doubt he received a terrible lot, as he was a higher rank. Don't know exactly who would be hassling him...highly unlikely he was getting it from his superior officers, even more unlikely that the lower rank soldiers were jeering at him.

So his motivation was religious. I don't think there's any question. He was screaming Allah akbar as he was shooting down into people's noggins.

Last edited:
30 minutes ago Maj Hasan was the primary shooter. now that he is alive instead of dead he is the alleged shooter.

I hate fucking PC bull shit.

There is nothing alleged about it.

It's necessary to comply with the presumption of innocence. Until the jury says "guilty" it's all up in the air. Sometimes it seems ridiculous but it's necessary in a legal system that relies very heavily on proper procedure.

No its not. We are not a court of law, we are free citizens and we can come to whatever conclusions we please.

My point was referencing the media's need to be careful. You can jump to whatever conclusions you like :lol:

It's necessary to comply with the presumption of innocence. Until the jury says "guilty" it's all up in the air. Sometimes it seems ridiculous but it's necessary in a legal system that relies very heavily on proper procedure.

No its not. We are not a court of law, we are free citizens and we can come to whatever conclusions we please.

My point was referencing the media's need to be careful. You can jump to whatever conclusions you like :lol:

I agree with you premise, but the media hasn't been all that careful, I mean the guy was reported as 'dead' for hours around the world.

I agree with you premise, but the media hasn't been all that careful, I mean the guy was reported as 'dead' for hours around the world.

Technically, he is dead... dead man walking. It is all over but the pulling of the switch or in a military execution is it still the pulling of the trigger(s)?

Immie

Exhibit 1: He was a Muslim
Exhibit 2: He wanted out of the military after 9/11! I think most of us remember the surge in recruitment back then.
Exhibit 3: He attacked US soldiers
Exhibit 4: He was extremely upset with the war in Afghanistan and Iraq.
Exhibit 5: He expressed views that America was the aggressor
Exhibit 6: He wrote blogs praising suicide bombers as true soldiers
Exhibit 7: It was confirmed that as he was shooting American soldiers he yelled "Allah Akbar!"

I think the burden of proof as shifted to the appeasers here!

Appeasers? What a bloody stupid position to take. This was an individual act, the way you're banging on you'd think every second Muslim in the States was firing away at people. Yes it's tragic but put it into perspective. One man apparently went nutso. The reasons for him going nutso were apparently related to his religion and cultural identity and his imminent posting to a war zone in an Islamic country occupied by western forces. Appeasers? That's not appeasing, it's simply trying to understand what happened.

Forum List

Back