BUSTED!!! “Two Step Approach to Hold President Obama Accountable”

Synthaholic

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2010
Seems an old John Boehner Powerpoint presentation has been found that proves sequestration was NOT President Obama's idea, it was Speaker Boehner's. :lol:

The PowerPoint That Proves It’s Not Obama’s Sequester After All

I happened to come across an old email that throws cold water on House Republicans’ attempts to call this “Obama’s Sequester.”

It’s a PowerPoint presentation that Boehner’s office developed with the Republican Policy Committee and sent out to the Capitol Hill GOP on July 31, 2011. Intended to explain the outline of the proposed debt deal, the presentation is titled: “Two Step Approach to Hold President Obama Accountable.”

It’s essentially an internal sales document from the old dealmaker Boehner to his unruly and often unreasonable Tea Party cohort. But it’s clear as day in the presentation that “sequestration” was considered a cudgel to guarantee a reduction in federal spending—the conservatives’ necessary condition for not having America default on its obligations.

The presentation lays out the deal in clear terms, describing the spending backstop as “automatic across-the-board cuts (‘sequestration’). Same mechanism used in 1997 Balanced Budget Agreement.”

Here's the .pdf:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/content/dam/dailybeast/2013/02/19/Debt-Framework-Boehner.pdf

Here's a screen grab:

1361353531687.cached.jpg

BUSTED!!!!!

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Daily Kos huh?

Lets use another lefty source....

It is true that sequestration was the Obama administration's idea. White House officials proposed it as part of the agreement that resolved the 2011 debt ceiling fight. It was meant to act as a spur to make a bipartisan supercommittee reach an agreement on a package of spending cuts and tax increases that would reduce the national debt over time.

Whose Sequester Is It Anyway? : It's All Politics : NPR

JAY CARNEY: What I will concede is that we were looking and the Republicans were looking for a trigger around which to build a mechanism to get us out of default possibility and the sequester was one of the idea put forward, yes by the president's team. (Special Report, February 12, 2013)
Jay Carney Admits Sequester Was The President's Idea | RealClearPolitics

Shit. I wonder why Obama doesn't just fire Carney.

Heck. I wonder why he didn't just correct him.

Last edited:
Daily Kos huh?

It is true that sequestration was the Obama administration's idea. White House officials proposed it as part of the agreement that resolved the 2011 debt ceiling fight. It was meant to act as a spur to make a bipartisan supercommittee reach an agreement on a package of spending cuts and tax increases that would reduce the national debt over time.

Where are you getting 'Daily Kos' from, you mindless chimp?

Daily Kos huh?

I think he right clicked the image, looked for the image info, and saw Daily BEAST, and then simply made a mistake.

I don't believe that makes him a chimp.

Daily Kos huh?

I think he right clicked the image, looked for the image info, and saw Daily BEAST, and then simply made a mistake.

No, but it does make her a chimp. She has a long history of it.

LOL...Haven't we learned after all these years that nothing is ever Barry's fault! He's quick to claim the smallest success but equally quick to blame someone else for any failures. It's what he does...it's what he's always done.

Hey Roo. I apologize if I got your gender wrong. I can't always tell from an avie of a Kangaroo.

OP makes it hard to humanize these O-bot Marxist liars lol Obama isn't responsible for anything.

Seems an old John Boehner Powerpoint presentation has been found that proves sequestration was NOT President Obama's idea, it was Speaker Boehner's. :lol:

I happened to come across an old email that throws cold water on House Republicans’ attempts to call this “Obama’s Sequester.”

It’s a PowerPoint presentation that Boehner’s office developed with the Republican Policy Committee and sent out to the Capitol Hill GOP on July 31, 2011. Intended to explain the outline of the proposed debt deal, the presentation is titled: “Two Step Approach to Hold President Obama Accountable.”

It’s essentially an internal sales document from the old dealmaker Boehner to his unruly and often unreasonable Tea Party cohort. But it’s clear as day in the presentation that “sequestration” was considered a cudgel to guarantee a reduction in federal spending—the conservatives’ necessary condition for not having America default on its obligations.

The presentation lays out the deal in clear terms, describing the spending backstop as “automatic across-the-board cuts (‘sequestration’). Same mechanism used in 1997 Balanced Budget Agreement.”

Here's the .pdf:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/content/dam/dailybeast/2013/02/19/Debt-Framework-Boehner.pdf

Here's a screen grab:

1361353531687.cached.jpg

BUSTED!!!!!

Let's be irresponsible and assume that this is actually something that came out of Boehner's office, did you notice the word new in the first bullet point?

Here's the .pdf:

Here's a screen grab:

1361353531687.cached.jpg

BUSTED!!!!!

Let's be irresponsible and assume that this is actually something that came out of Boehner's office, did you notice the word new in the first bullet point?

Yes. New, as in:

Daily Kos huh?

Synth is not too bright, he's easily distracted by shiny objects and tweets from Obama

Why did Carney only a week ago acknowledge that the idea came from the President's team?

Daily Kos huh?

The question isn't the source, but is the information accurate or inaccurate.

Did the GOP, in fact, have such a PowerPoint or did they not?

Daily Kos huh?

The question isn't the source, but is the information accurate or inaccurate.

Did the GOP, in fact, have such a PowerPoint or did they not?

The BIGGER question is whether Carney got it right a week ago or should he be fired?

If you're asking the question whether the source information is accurate or inaccurate then why did you post it?

Why did Carney only a week ago acknowledge that the idea came from the President's team?
Why did Lyin' Ryan say CON$ like him have been fighting for years for a sequester enforcement mechanism for spending caps?

Obama has often offered CON$ervative ideas to try to get past an impasse thrown up by the GOP.

“what conservatives like me have been fighting for, for years are statutory caps on spending, literally legal caps in law that says government agencies cannot spend over a set amount of money and if they breach that amount across the board sequester comes in to cut that spending. You can’t turn it out without a supermajority. We got that into law."
- Paul Ryan, August 2011

CAPS TO CONTROL FUTURE SPENDING
The framework imposes spending caps that would establish clear limits on future spending and serve as a barrier against government expansion while the economy grows. Failure to remain below these caps will trigger automatic across-the-board cuts (otherwise known as sequestration). This is the same mechanism used in the 1997 Balanced Budget Agreement.
John Boehner, July 25, 2011

Obama: I'm proposing Sequester
Carney: Obama proposed sequester
Obama: Sequester is bad
Liberals: Republicans proposed the bad sequester

Forum List

Back