California has about one year of water left

This has been know to be coming for decades. What a shame that such stupidity can continue without blushing.
A plan for desalinization better be found pretty quickly. Solar powered would be a good idea.

This has been know to be coming for decades. What a shame that such stupidity can continue without blushing.
A plan for desalinization better be found pretty quickly. Solar powered would be a good idea.
Here is what some on the left are referring to when we make a motion to get more Carthaginian in our policies public; for the Good our State and general welfare.

Do you actually expect people here to watch a nearly 2 hour video on Carthage for its applicability to this discussion? Why don't you just give us all the highlights? What can the history of Carthage tell us about what has/is/will happen in California?

And, perhaps I missed it, but you seem to be the only one using the term "Carthaginian" and no one has expressed the slightest curiosity about it.

Only if they are willing to claim, ostensibly at least; that it is merely to be faithful to our State Motto regarding acquiring and possessing more Perfect Knowledge of "getting Carthaginian" via public policy initiatives.

The harbor concept alone is worth the time invested; simply for the sake of Eureka.

It is interesting, but do you find some concept there from which modern marine engineers would benefit?

And, what does it have to do with the environment?

Wow- what a bunch of ignorant idiots posting.

I usually have slightly more patience, but not with this topic.

California is in the midst of a drought- that is the reason we have don't have enough water.
Most of the water used in the state is used by farming- and that is not an attack on farming- it is the reality.

IF we stopped all farming in California next year we would have a water surplus- but it would not only destroy our economy but it would deprive all of the United States of most of its produce, all of its almonds, etc.

It is a serious problem- and yes- it is time we in California take it seriously- unlike most of you clowns.

You take it so damn serious you'd let people die to save a minnow...I'd say thats pretty damn serious,stupid,but serious.

California is in the midst of a drought- that is the reason we have don't have enough water.
Most of the water used in the state is used by farming- and that is not an attack on farming- it is the reality.

IF we stopped all farming in California next year we would have a water surplus- but it would not only destroy our economy but it would deprive all of the United States of most of its produce, all of its almonds, etc.

It is a serious problem- and yes- it is time we in California take it seriously- unlike most of you clowns.

You take it so damn serious you'd let people die to save a minnow...I'd say thats pretty damn serious,stupid,but serious.

No- actually I would let a minnow die to protect the life of a person.

You on the other hand, are willing to let an entire species of fish go extinct, in order to protect the profits of agriculture- and by letting those species go extinct, ruin the livelihood of everyone who is employed in the fishing industry.

You on the other hand, are willing to let an entire species of fish go extinct, in order to protect the profits of agriculture- and by letting those species go extinct, ruin the livelihood of everyone who is employed in the fishing industry.

Syriusly? I promise you I've done more for marine life as well a wildlife in general than you'll ever do.

Syriusly? I promise you I've done more for marine life as well a wildlife in general than you'll ever do.

Well goodie for you. And I promise you I would not let a person die to save the life of a minnow.

Guess where a huge amount of our food comes from.

Those who chose not to believe what is happening will surely believe their higher food prices.

Really? From your posts, damned unlikely.

Really? From your posts, damned unlikely.

Just keep on bloviating ...

Well, fellow, you keep on talking about your wonderful conservative ethic, but apparently don't realize that without a food base, the larger fish that we eat won't be there.

Guess where a huge amount of our food comes from.

Those who chose not to believe what is happening will surely believe their higher food prices.
Oh we all believe what is happening. We just all hope you and your Delta Smelt would go away and die. Unfortunately you won't.

Another death wish.

So you think the rain has stopped falling because of the Delta Smelt? How does that work, exactly?

Forum List

Back