Can a 2016 Christie victory be seen as a Republican victory?

Super_Lantern

VIP Member
Jun 2, 2013
Maybe it's far too early to really answer this question, but with Christie's "Anything to win, I'm here to win at all costs" campaign mentality, let's say Christie was our next president, can that be seen as a Republican party victory?

Another question that ties into the previous one;

A lot of people seem to feel Bush and Obama carry on some same unpopular policies, would Christie just continue the "Bush/Obama, it's all the same" negative mentality that surrounds our presidents?

Last edited:
Christie will not be the next president because republicans won't vote for him. Democrats will vote for him but republicans won't. In the event that Christie ran he might split the democrat vote resulting in a third party win for a conservative candidate.

Christie will not be the next president because republicans won't vote for him. Democrats will vote for him but republicans won't. In the event that Christie ran he might split the democrat vote resulting in a third party win for a conservative candidate.

Lol I promise you democrats will not be voting for him

If he eats through that lapband he won't have to worry about any election. He's a walking time bomb. If he runs I'll be looking at his VP pick.

Chris Christie is a Liberal.

Him winning the presidency would be a victory for the Democrats.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: 007
Christie might have to take Hillary as his VP pick after he wins the Dem nomination

I've heard people saying that if Christie and Hillary run against each other that Rand would run as third party and take the election.

That would be fucking AMAZING.

Republicans elected him freaking governor of a blue state. Of course they will vote for him. The question is whether he would run as a republican or if his competition would be the brain damaged guy or the world class enabler for her husband's infidelity. Either one would be a pushover.

Maybe it's far too early to really answer this question, but with Christie's "Anything to win, I'm here to win at all costs" campaign mentality, let's say Christie was our next president, can that be seen as a Republican party victory?

A lot of people seem to feel Bush and Obama carry on some same unpopular policies, would Christie just continue the "Bush/Obama, it's all the same" negative mentality that surrounds our presidents?

Who cares. It will mean the end of the Clinton's....thank you Jesus...

The only morons who back Christie are liberals.. I've yet to see one true conservative state they will back Christie as the candidate.. NOT ONE. He's a librul's wet dream as the Republican nominee.

Any viable third party candidate would result in the democrat nominee winning, you dope. Christie is a Republican. Not all Republicans have to agree on all issues to the exact same degree all the time. Group-think is for the left, not something for Republicans to emulate.

"Beware that when fighting monsters you do not yourself become a monster..."

I've heard people saying that if Christie and Hillary run against each other that Rand would run as third party and take the election.

I don't believe for a second that you will be old enough to vote in the next election, so STFU kid.

The only morons who back Christie are liberals.. I've yet to see one true conservative state they will back Christie as the candidate.. NOT ONE. He's a librul's wet dream as the Republican nominee.

It seems like just yesterday that republicans were so proud to cream themselves over that guy. Take note other republican candidates... if a hurricane hits your state just RUN FOR YOUR LIFE! QUIT! ANYTHING!!!

Republicans elected him freaking governor of a blue state. Of course they will vote for him. The question is whether he would run as a republican or if his competition would be the brain damaged guy or the world class enabler for her husband's infidelity. Either one would be a pushover.

Christie would not have won had democrats not voted for him. No party can win on a national stage without their base. Christie does not have the republican base which incidentally is where the big money is. New Jersey republicans are as liberal as Christie is. Sure they voted for him. If Christie splits the democrats and Rand Paul ran on a third party ticket he likely would take it. But, really, it wouldn't get that far. Christie would be knocked out in the primary. Look at what happened when he gave his speech at the convention. He bombed. He can't handle himself on a national stage.

Unless someone else comes along, Rand Paul will be the nominee. He is putting together a cohesive brand.

The big surprise might be the democrats. It will be more than Hillary, Biden and Cuomo. Watch Eric Holder make a bid. Three east coast liberals and an inside slider.

Rand wouldn't win Kentucky.

Anyone with an R or a D next to their name gets about 40% of the vote. That the Republicans are so willing to write off the remaining 10-20 percent is a great mystery.

Christie, Romney, McCain, Dole...all cut from the same cloth.

You also said you wouldn't vote for Romney because he is "Bush 2.0". Then you bragged about making campaign calls for him later on in the year. You are a shill, and will vote for whoever the Republicans tell you to.

Forum List

Back