🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Can PC be eradicated in our Lifetimes?

Conservatives never got anyone fired for thinking outside the collective. If we don't like your crappy movies, just don't go to them. I will never pay for any movie with Julia Roberts, that's my choice. that's a PC free life

:lol: so called ''conservatives'' would just like to refuse to hire or serve certain groups of citizens in the first place...

^ certain citizens who are ''outside'' their version of their "collective" mindset...

the duck dude and the racist nba guy (for example) are in the entertainment industry and ended up in the hot seat for bad publicity.

entertainment industries rely on an audience whose opinion matters..that's the FREE market.

no laws were effected or sought by special interests to be effected in those situations ^

your distaste for the nebulous PC ''collective" is a distaste for freedom...

We could entertain the idea of making a law that prevents professional from being fired for holding certain views. A regostered nurse believing in traditional or gay marriage in no way means he or or she is somehow less competent at being a nurse, or deserves to be punished or fired for it.

^ cowardly mac, as I said.

Moving on, you'll be reminded. Italians, in particular, have a peculiar distaste for cowards.

his stated reason in completely valid.

i don't like when some of you lefties get all school yard rude.

my response to it is to give it back, but honestly, mac's response is probably more reasonable.

i do note that lefties really don't like it when you return their rudeness.

A few things here.

Hi, I'm G.T.

I'll never be rude to you until you're rude to me first.

You already were, by assuming my politics thus erratically labeling me and attempting to place me into the bubble of "the left."

That is rude to do without first asking me some of my positions, who I support, those sorts of things.

Next, is the issue of being rude to mac.

There is a history you apparently don't know about. Mac has been rude, in the past, which is why he now gets it back. Give as good as you get.

Hope that clears all of that up, any questions I'd be happy to oblige.

i don't see that making a guess as to your politics is rude.

do you consider it an insult to be considered of the political left?

i also attempt to be civil until treated otherwise.
Correll, I realized a while back that dealing with some people made me feel like I had to wash my hands afterwards, and I decided that I come here to enjoy myself, not to deal with the nasties. Why do that to myself?

I have only four or five of them on ignore, but I've noticed the Net Nasty Quotient (NNQ) on my screen has dropped about 60%.

:laugh:

putting someone on ignore is the easy way out....it also means you cant handle what that poster says....i remember poet had approx 100 people on ignore from both sides....why the fuck was he even doing here?...

Last edited:
Conservatives never got anyone fired for thinking outside the collective. If we don't like your crappy movies, just don't go to them. I will never pay for any movie with Julia Roberts, that's my choice. that's a PC free life

:lol: so called ''conservatives'' would just like to refuse to hire or serve certain groups of citizens in the first place...

^ certain citizens who are ''outside'' their version of their "collective" mindset...

the duck dude and the racist nba guy (for example) are in the entertainment industry and ended up in the hot seat for bad publicity.

entertainment industries rely on an audience whose opinion matters..that's the FREE market.

no laws were effected or sought by special interests to be effected in those situations ^

your distaste for the nebulous PC ''collective" is a distaste for freedom...
so called ''conservatives'' would just like to refuse to hire or serve certain groups of citizens in the first place...
is that being PC or is that because they hate said people?......i think there is a difference....

We could entertain the idea of making a law that prevents professional from being fired for holding certain views. A regostered nurse believing in traditional or gay marriage in no way means he or or she is somehow less competent at being a nurse, or deserves to be punished or fired for it.

Hmmmmm. You want PA laws to protect bigotry. I think that's nuts.

It is currently legal to fire a nurse for being gay in 31 states. Even if that nurse never announced it or discussed with anyone.

It is currently legal to fire a nurse for being gay in 31 states. Even if that nurse never announced it or discussed with anyone.

LL, I would recommend that you be a bit more careful when quoting my words, because I will point out every instant of my words being misused by you. You think that believing in traditional marriage, and supporting that idea, is bigotry. You have the right to that opinion, and you also have the right to be biased. You assume those opinions are bigotry, and you then make the assumption that I want laws to protect bigotry. Narrow-mindedness does no one any good.

If you are a nurse, and you do believe in traditional marriage, and voice your opinion, in no way does that make you less of a nurse or less qualified to practice as one.

If it's true that it's legal to fire nurses for being homosexual in 31 states [of which I take with a grain of salt because you have proven time and again to be of a certain political bent and bias] then it should not be, and that too is no good reason to punish or fire a competent nurse.

LL, I would recommend that you be a bit more careful when quoting my words, because I will point out every instant of my words being misused by you. You think that believing in traditional marriage, and supporting that idea, is bigotry. You have the right to that opinion, and you also have the right to be biased. You assume those opinions are bigotry, and you then make the assumption that I want laws to protect bigotry. Narrow-mindedness does no one any good.

If you are a nurse, and you do believe in traditional marriage, and voice your opinion, in no way does that make you less of a nurse or less qualified to practice as one.

If it's true that it's legal to fire nurses for being homosexual in 31 states [of which I take with a grain of salt because you have proven time and again to be of a certain political bent and bias] then it should not be, and that too is no good reason to punish or fire a competent nurse.

Recommend all you like. I find your tone to be funny. More advice, please. It's a hoot.

It is bigotry hidden in some selected religious dogma. It isn't "belief in traditional marriage". That is Frank Luntz BS. It is the desire to tell others that you think they are not equal. And it is based more on people thinking gay sex is "icky" than anything else.

^ cowardly mac, as I said.

Moving on, you'll be reminded. Italians, in particular, have a peculiar distaste for cowards.

my response to it is to give it back, but honestly, mac's response is probably more reasonable.

A few things here.

Hi, I'm G.T.

You already were, by assuming my politics thus erratically labeling me and attempting to place me into the bubble of "the left."

That is rude to do without first asking me some of my positions, who I support, those sorts of things.

There is a history you apparently don't know about. Mac has been rude, in the past, which is why he now gets it back. Give as good as you get.

Correll, I realized a while back that dealing with some people made me feel like I had to wash my hands afterwards, and I decided that I come here to enjoy myself, not to deal with the nasties. Why do that to myself?

I have only four or five of them on ignore, but I've noticed the Net Nasty Quotient (NNQ) on my screen has dropped about 60%.

putting someone on ignore is the easy way out....it also means you cant handle what that poster says....i remember poet had approx 100 people on ignore from both sides....why the fuck was he even doing here?...
I actually agree. Putting someone on ignore is actually a function of my own weakness. I don't want to be tempted to give them the benefit of the doubt, try to communicate with them, and then have them go nasty, play games and lie. So I just eliminate that temptation.

Remember the Peanuts comic strip? I'm like Charlie Brown, allowing Lucy to tempt him to kick the football. Every time, she pulls the ball away and lands flat on his back. He should have known better. He should have not believed she'd be honest & decent.

I just finally learned.

football-6.jpg

A few things here.

Hi, I'm G.T.

I actually agree. Putting someone on ignore is actually a function of my own weakness. I don't want to be tempted to give them the benefit of the doubt, try to communicate with them, and then have them go nasty, play games and lie. So I just eliminate that temptation.

Remember the Peanuts comic strip? I'm like Charlie Brown, allowing Lucy to tempt him to kick the football. Every time, she pulls the ball away and lands flat on his back. He should have known better. He should have not believed she'd be honest & decent.

I just finally learned.

football-6.jpg

I'm as honest a person as you'll ever meet. You simply can't deal with the honesty.

A few things here.

Hi, I'm G.T.

I just finally learned.

football-6.jpg

thats why they invented the scroll by function Mac....

Mac cant function at an intellectual level capable of carrying an adult conversation, and so he avoids points and ridicules, then gets surprised when ridicule is returned.

He is the epitome of the bottom feeder type in an otherwise adult discussion, and isnvery "p.c " with the kids gloves he needs spoken to him with.

Detestable pussy, ill never stand the bitch Im too much of a goomba to let it pass. Ill pull his how card every time.

So it's PC to deny your ancestors?
did i say that or did you?.....i said it should not matter. ....i never heard that hyphenated shit when i was growing up....it was at that time....we are all Americans....why should someone have to tell me what their ethnicity is?....to me it is dividing tool.....and there are a lot of people in this Country who are big on keeping everyone divided....we have lots of them in this forum...
I always considered myself Irish American and never knew it was wrong.
once again,did i say that or did you?....i said it should not matter what you are.....you are an AMERICAN who happens to be of Irish decent....why is it necessary for anyone to know you are Irish,unless it comes up in a discussion?...
You are implying it.
i think you are....it doesnt matter to me what your nationality is,but it seems to matter to you....why?....
Because it is part of my identity.

did i say that or did you?.....i said it should not matter. ....i never heard that hyphenated shit when i was growing up....it was at that time....we are all Americans....why should someone have to tell me what their ethnicity is?....to me it is dividing tool.....and there are a lot of people in this Country who are big on keeping everyone divided....we have lots of them in this forum...
I always considered myself Irish American and never knew it was wrong.
once again,did i say that or did you?....i said it should not matter what you are.....you are an AMERICAN who happens to be of Irish decent....why is it necessary for anyone to know you are Irish,unless it comes up in a discussion?...
You are implying it.
i think you are....it doesnt matter to me what your nationality is,but it seems to matter to you....why?....
Because it is part of my identity.
Batman was part of Bruce Waynes identity....did he feel he had to tell everyone?...seriously Ravi....when you meet someone for the first time,do you say "hi im Ravi and im Irish-American"?...........

A few things here.

Hi, I'm G.T.

I just finally learned.

football-6.jpg

thats why they invented the scroll by function Mac....
Yeah. This just works better for me.

And look how crazy it makes 'em, posting to and about a guy who can't see the posts.

What kind of person does that? Maybe it makes them "feel" a little better about themselves.

Last edited:
Here's a beautiful example of why I don't go out my way any more to communicate with the PC Police:

I asked the poster, based on his own words, a clear and direct question, and he completely avoided it.

Post 84 has the string: Alito Warns Defenders of Traditional Marriage Now Risk Being Treated as Bigots by Governments Page 9 US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

You people lie and play games constantly. Just not worth my time or effort any more.

Blech.

But there are no PC police! Sheesh!

To combat political correctness, people need to stop being afraid, and bravely fight against it more than ever before.

Organize peaceful protests. Don't back down.

Much like the worldwide effort to rid the planet of smallpox, we each need to take on the effort to rid the world of Political Correctness so we can once again live in a world free of the PC Thought Police.

Enough already.

Be PC Free, be the change you want to see in the World
Good luck, most of it comes from you little shits now, all cranky about Jesusfreaks, cannon fodder, and ******* calling each other *******. When you start to call Bristol Palin the worthless **** that she actually is you might have a chance...

the left wing fascist speaks.

Much like the worldwide effort to rid the planet of smallpox, we each need to take on the effort to rid the world of Political Correctness so we can once again live in a world free of the PC Thought Police.

Enough already.

Be PC Free, be the change you want to see in the World

If you want to see a PC-induced rage, point out to Frank that he's a global warming denier. He doesn't like that word, and wants everyone to stop using it.

Forum List

Back