Can some one tell me what Paula Deen did?

What did Deen do? She was politically incorrect in a politically correct society. She became a target for something she did 30 years ago. Now, instead of people rethinking brash decisions, they may have very well ended her career with malice in their hearts.

What did Paula Deen do? She was a conservative in a liberal America. Where only she can be punished for something like this, whereas people like Alec Baldwin cannot. What did Paula Deen do? She was honest about her past, unlike some people. She is an unfortunate victim of political hypocrisy.

What should she have done? Kept her mouth closed. Regardless of whatever else happened to her, a good PR team would have easily softened the blow. But she did not hire one, and went out on her own. Big mistake. This does not excuse the double standard, however.

Hey, TamponKotex. Paula Deen was a registered Democrat and campaigned for Obama.

There is no double standard here. The standard is, "If we hire you to promote our brand, you don't do anything to bring bad reputation onto our brand name."

It amazes me you wingnuts are all for big corporations cancelling people's health insurance, moving jobs overseas, using recessions to drive down wages, looting pension funds to pay bonuses to executives, etc..

But they distance themselves from a woman who is making a spectacle of herself, and you are willing to go to the ramparts.

the only think paula dean ever did wrong was create a hamburger recipe that used a glazed donut as the bun. WTF? I mean if you are going to fire her for anything, fire her for that.

What did Deen do? She was politically incorrect in a politically correct society. She became a target for something she did 30 years ago. Now, instead of people rethinking brash decisions, they may have very well ended her career with malice in their hearts.

What did Paula Deen do? She was a conservative in a liberal America. Where only she can be punished for something like this, whereas people like Alec Baldwin cannot. What did Paula Deen do? She was honest about her past, unlike some people. She is an unfortunate victim of political hypocrisy.

What should she have done? Kept her mouth closed. Regardless of whatever else happened to her, a good PR team would have easily softened the blow. But she did not hire one, and went out on her own. Big mistake. This does not excuse the double standard, however.

Hey, TamponKotex. Paula Deen was a registered Democrat and campaigned for Obama.

There is no double standard here. The standard is, "If we hire you to promote our brand, you don't do anything to bring bad reputation onto our brand name."

It amazes me you wingnuts are all for big corporations cancelling people's health insurance, moving jobs overseas, using recessions to drive down wages, looting pension funds to pay bonuses to executives, etc..

But they distance themselves from a woman who is making a spectacle of herself, and you are willing to go to the ramparts.

they move jobs overseas because of the unions

What Paula Deen did wrong was cry and apologize. She showed weakness before predatory animals. One apology, a full explanation of how the word was spoken in her home, to her husband, after an extreme traumatic event. Then move on. The more she apologized and cried the more she looked like a wounded fish in front of a shark.

The difference between Deen and Alec Baldwin is that Baldwin apologized and moved right on to something else.

the only think paula dean ever did wrong was create a hamburger recipe that used a glazed donut as the bun. WTF? I mean if you are going to fire her for anything, fire her for that.

Yeah.................she may have made something like that, but quick question................

Which came first...................Paula Deen and her using a glazed donut as the bun?

Or............................

Did she get the idea from Adult Swim's show called "Boondocks" and the particular episode called "The Itis"?

I'd personally like to know which came first...............Paula Deen's concept of a hamburger, or did she rip it off from Adult Swim's episode of Boondocks called "The Itis"?

Forum List

Back