Cat Lovers Thread

768.jpg

Sweet bit of joyfulness there :)

I'm a cat rescuer. Have been doing it for the last 35 years, and have had the exhilaration of saving each precious life, and the terrible heartache when one passes. Although I'm agnostic, I do hope there is such a spirit as Saint Francis, as I need SOMETHING to hang my hat on if there is a heaven.

Each one is a personality onto its own, each one has a distinct voice, and it might not be love, but when a 4 month old kitten, just rescued with a missing rear paw (born that way) crawls up into your arms, purrs like a motorboat, looks up at you, and licks your face, as if saying thank you for saving my life, all the costs, and efforts put into this adventure melts this old mans heart.

When I lived in Las Vegas I was friends with this homeless woman. I would give her some money and cigarettes and eventually she would drop by my place and I would make her a sandwich or two. One day she came by with a kitten she had found in a dumpster. I knew the kitten wouldn't last to long with my friend since she had some emotional issues and it was about a 120 degrees outside. I asked her if I could have him and she was more than happy to give him to me. Talk about karma! Because I was nice to a homeless woman I got the greatest cat in the world. He's certainly the smartest cat I've ever had.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/membe...ate-the-sun-picture5641-140878827-display.jpg

When I lived in Las Vegas I was friends with this homeless woman. I would give her some money and cigarettes and eventually she would drop by my place and I would make her a sandwich or two. One day she came by with a kitten she had found in a dumpster. I knew the kitten wouldn't last to long with my friend since she had some emotional issues and it was about a 120 degrees outside. I asked her if I could have him and she was more than happy to give him to me. Talk about karma! Because I was nice to a homeless woman I got the greatest cat in the world. He's certainly the smartest cat I've ever had.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/membe...ate-the-sun-picture5641-140878827-display.jpg

I love all animals, have had many different friends over the last decades, but there is just something different about a cat. Perhaps it's the fact that they tend to act like humans, instead of pets, have their own way of doing things, and a determination to do what they want to do, that makes them more childlike than other pets.....and they say men don't like cats, those are the people I tend to be suspicious of. Congrats on a great friend, NOT just a pet! :up:

Forum List

Back