Cat Lovers Thread

ace8636fcfe8f3fa72deb437c84f3827a15023c9_m.gif

The Great Catsby, my Maine coon rescue does this - brushes himself by rubbing on the brush. I don't tell him its good for him. If he knew that, he'd probably stop.

Our Main coon loved to be rubbed, too. If you didn't pet him he would come around and rub himself on your leg....

I came here tonight to tell you all about a terribly sad cat I picked up today from my vet. Black cat dragged by her neck behind a truck. Apparently, a neighbor saw teenagers doing it and got the cat away from them. Its bad. Road rash down to what looks like bone (could be connective/soft tissue - hard to tell) on her jaw, her forehead, the tops of two of her feet, huge pieces of skin rolled up like a window shade. The rope bit into her neck, tore the skin. She bit her own tongue and its ragged and raw.

I don't know how she can survive this. She's on an antibiotic and I'm putting a goopy yellow salve on her wounds and on the rolled up skin to soften it. Vet said the skin will die and we'll have to debride it as it turns to leather. She's very stoic and doesn't fight me. Just purrs and trembles. She hasn't eaten but has taken Nutri-Cal and water so I'm hopeful. She must be in so much pain and so stressed and exhausted. She just breaks my heart. When I went in to treat her, she got up and instead of stretching, she did a little half stretch and moved very stiffly. I can't even pet her because she's so sore and its hard to see where all the wounds are.

I just did another cleaning and gooped on a ton of salve. I meant to call the vet back and get the name of the salve because I want to look it up on line. And, jeez, I'll go through this little jar in no time.

The vet said they would have just put her down but I had said I would take the tough cases and the police said they're hoping to get it to court. Since I've done this for court cases before, I'm photographing her and keeping a log for evidence. She's black so photos are going to be difficult. My husband is a much better photographer but he's in Boston for a week and he's got our best camera with him.

I really would not be surprised to find her dead in the morning but she's quiet and resting now. I know I said I was going to get back into fostering but I had in mind bottle feeding kittens or taming ferals. Something easy.

I want to end this post on a lighter note but I'm feeling tired and sad that people like this exist.

Think good thoughts about this little girl.

I came here tonight to tell you all about a terribly sad cat I picked up today from my vet. Black cat dragged by her neck behind a truck. Apparently, a neighbor saw teenagers doing it and got the cat away from them. Its bad. Road rash down to what looks like bone (could be connective/soft tissue - hard to tell) on her jaw, her forehead, the tops of two of her feet, huge pieces of skin rolled up like a window shade. The rope bit into her neck, tore the skin. She bit her own tongue and its ragged and raw.

I don't know how she can survive this. She's on an antibiotic and I'm putting a goopy yellow salve on her wounds and on the rolled up skin to soften it. Vet said the skin will die and we'll have to debride it as it turns to leather. She's very stoic and doesn't fight me. Just purrs and trembles. She hasn't eaten but has taken Nutri-Cal and water so I'm hopeful. She must be in so much pain and so stressed and exhausted. She just breaks my heart. When I went in to treat her, she got up and instead of stretching, she did a little half stretch and moved very stiffly. I can't even pet her because she's so sore and its hard to see where all the wounds are.

I just did another cleaning and gooped on a ton of salve. I meant to call the vet back and get the name of the salve because I want to look it up on line. And, jeez, I'll go through this little jar in no time.

The vet said they would have just put her down but I had said I would take the tough cases and the police said they're hoping to get it to court. Since I've done this for court cases before, I'm photographing her and keeping a log for evidence. She's black so photos are going to be difficult. My husband is a much better photographer but he's in Boston for a week and he's got our best camera with him.

I really would not be surprised to find her dead in the morning but she's quiet and resting now. I know I said I was going to get back into fostering but I had in mind bottle feeding kittens or taming ferals. Something easy.

I want to end this post on a lighter note but I'm feeling tired and sad that people like this exist.

Although we are 180 degrees apart in our political beliefs, I commend you highly for what you have done, and wish only the best thoughts, and outcomes for that poor girl. Please keep us informed as to her condition, and I'm sure with the love and concern you show for her, she will recover, but it will be a long and painful recovery. All the best.

I'm so sorry to hear that, I can't believe people can be so mean-spirited...that is just plain hateful stuff.. I wonder if they learned that somewhere or if they are just prone to doing the devil's work.....and yes there are people like that...right here on this Forum, too.

I hope all the work you are doing for that poor cat is going to pay off and she will survive and be healthy again....that's a wonderful thing you are doing. Thank you so much for caring.

Thank you for the good thoughts. I really do appreciate it but I'm not doing all that much. She's doing the hard part. She woke me with loud yowling at 3.30am. Don't know why - pain? fear? Can cats have nightmares? Don't know. I sat with her, gave her Nutri-Cal then couldn't go back to sleep.

She's moving a bit better this morning, and ate a little so I'm really happy for that. Everyplace she sits leaves a bloody yellow stain.

Just talked to the vet office. It wasn't teens; they were adult men. Turns out I saw them yesterday outside the vet's office with police. I thought they were the parents of the teens who did it but it was actually the guys who did it. Apparently, they followed the couple who got the cat to the vet's office and were threatening them so the vet's office called the cops.

She's very sweet. And small. I don't want to handle her enough to examine her teeth but she looks young. I'm calling her Isis and will definitely keep her if I can. If the owner comes forward, they could possibly get her back but one person thought that the men owned the cat. They don't know who has the cat and I don't think they can find out.

Thank you for the good thoughts. I really do appreciate it but I'm not doing all that much. She's doing the hard part. She woke me with loud yowling at 3.30am. Don't know why - pain? fear? Can cats have nightmares? Don't know. I sat with her, gave her Nutri-Cal then couldn't go back to sleep.

She's moving a bit better this morning, and ate a little so I'm really happy for that. Everyplace she sits leaves a bloody yellow stain.

Just talked to the vet office. It wasn't teens; they were adult men. Turns out I saw them yesterday outside the vet's office with police. I thought they were the parents of the teens who did it but it was actually the guys who did it. Apparently, they followed the couple who got the cat to the vet's office and were threatening them so the vet's office called the cops.

She's very sweet. And small. I don't want to handle her enough to examine her teeth but she looks young. I'm calling her Isis and will definitely keep her if I can. If the owner comes forward, they could possibly get her back but one person thought that the men owned the cat. They don't know who has the cat and I don't think they can find out.

Good show...she's made it through the first day, that's the hardest! :up:

I'm so sorry to hear that, I can't believe people can be so mean-spirited...that is just plain hateful stuff.. I wonder if they learned that somewhere or if they are just prone to doing the devil's work.....and yes there are people like that...right here on this Forum, too.

I hope all the work you are doing for that poor cat is going to pay off and she will survive and be healthy again....that's a wonderful thing you are doing. Thank you so much for caring.

My feelings too. And please let us know how it's going. Keep us updated.

Main Coon kitten

maine_coon_kitten.jpg

That's my Skip when we first got him. Just a little fluff ball, cripple front leg that he never seemed to notice. Our vet called to ask if we'd take him and when we got there, his cage was empty and no one knew where he was. The kids of the vets and staff work there, caring for the animals and cleaning cages. One of them was carrying him around in his pocket and had named him Skip for his crippled leg.

He was the same age as our other rescue - Brodie who was thrown out of a car but instead of landing in the water, hit the bridge where we found her huddled.

Wasn't long though before he passed her by. He was enormous but she was still the boss. The were raised together and were inseparable.

We saw he was skip on election eve and put him down less than a week later. A year later, we adopted another Maine coon rescued from a kitten mill. He's a year old now, trouble in a fur coat. Brodie has never accepted him but, every day, he becomes a nicer person to be around.

That kitten really really does look like Skip did.
It looks like the little kitten I found in the middle of a road months ago. Luddly told me what to feed her. She was less than a pound when I found her.

Good show...she's made it through the first day, that's the hardest! :up:

I agree. I think kittens can have nightmares! My little Elijah Ollie was afraid to go outside for months after she came home with me. She was very nervous. I think cats can definitely be traumatized and hold onto the memory.

This cat couldn't be in better hands than Luddly's. Imo.

100_1495_zpsb80aabd3.jpg~original

She looks alot better sitting there than when she was in the middle of the road! Her back left leg got bumped by a dulie truck barreling down the road and I saw her roll like a ball into the middle of the double yellow lines. That is where I found her.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back