CBS Poll: 84% of Democrats Want ObamaCare Changed or Repealed

Government belongs nowhere in the funding of, guiding to, or determination of what health insurance anyone should have or buy..

Should never have been in it.. should never have made requirements for it.. hence why we have the messed up system now where nobody even knows what they are actually charged or paying for something and because of that there is no actual marketplace or competition...

Government interference started the bad things in our healthcare system in the first place.. and a few misguided people now believe government is the way to fix it.. laughable

A fascinating number in Wednesday's CBS poll is that only 7% of the American public want ObamaCare "kept in place."

A full 93% either believe that changes are needed to the law (48%) or want a full repeal (43%). This pits President Obama and Democrat lawmakers -- who thus far have refused to make any meaningful changes -- against 93% of the American people and 72% of Democrats.

Moreover, only 12% of Democrats want ObamaCare "kept as is." Another 12% want it repealed.

88% of dems, in other words, want ACA kept as is or reformed.

Only 12% want it repealed.

A fascinating number in Wednesday's CBS poll is that only 7% of the American public want ObamaCare "kept in place."

A full 93% either believe that changes are needed to the law (48%) or want a full repeal (43%). This pits President Obama and Democrat lawmakers -- who thus far have refused to make any meaningful changes -- against 93% of the American people and 72% of Democrats.

Moreover, only 12% of Democrats want ObamaCare "kept as is." Another 12% want it repealed.

88% of dems, in other words, want ACA kept as is or reformed.

Only 12% want it repealed.
See, this is your problem, you only want to look at want Dems want, which is only half of this countries citizens. You take that 12% and add it to those of other citizens wants and more than half the country wants it repealed.

Massachusetts implemented RomneyCare in 2006. As a result, that state now has the highest per capita healthcare costs in the country.

Five years after its implementation, 60 percent of those polled said it needed fixes.

This all sounds like it would doom RomneyCare, and ObamaCare by extension.

Nevertheless, 74 percent said they wanted to keep RomneyCare around. This is the part that is ignored by, or unknown to, opponents.

So it will be with ObamaCare.

And a further point always ignored? The constituents in that state actually voted for Romneycare - they did not have it forced on them such as Obamacare was all Americans.

Romney ran on repealing the ACA, his defeat was the vote in support of the ACA.

No, it wasn't, it was the mischaracterizations the progressives and Dems threw at him as truths, which were lies.

Government belongs nowhere in the funding of, guiding to, or determination of what health insurance anyone should have or buy..

Should never have been in it.. should never have made requirements for it.. hence why we have the messed up system now where nobody even knows what they are actually charged or paying for something and because of that there is no actual marketplace or competition...

Government interference started the bad things in our healthcare system in the first place.. and a few misguided people now believe government is the way to fix it.. laughable

As usual, reality doesn't agree with you.

But please prove your case. Show us an amazing healthcare system today that is run purely by private enterprise.

And a further point always ignored? The constituents in that state actually voted for Romneycare - they did not have it forced on them such as Obamacare was all Americans.

No, it wasn't, it was the mischaracterizations the progressives and Dems threw at him as truths, which were lies.

That's great. Doesn't change what I said.

But please prove your case. Show us an amazing healthcare system today that is run purely by private enterprise.

Uhh.. most all of healthCARE is indeed private enterprise.. and the care given in the system by urgent care, hospitals, private practices etc is indeed amazing and the highest quality in the world

The government, with its mandates around insurance coverage, blanket coverages with hidden and unknown costs being paid for and subsidized, government deals with insurance carriers, etc are what has brought down what you progressives CALL 'healthcare'... the very interference of government has brought about the very problems you complain about.. you don't even know what your blessed Obamalamacare is actually doing, charging, paying for, scrutinizing, pr whatever else.. same with medicaid and medicare.. and with the government pushing of pay for all kinds of medical insurance, nobody even knows the true costs, nobody shops around, and nobody really cares what goes on behind the scenes in the business.. you just go to a doctor, pay a co-pay, and just blindly trust a system... and THAT, idiot, is the problem

yes, it does. Your claim is erroneous. The manufactured lies were more important to people. If indeed, the people would have simply not voted for him because of his running on repeal, then the Dems and progressives wouldn't have felt a need to manufacture the lies.

Uhh.. most all of healthCARE is indeed private enterprise.. and the care given in the system by urgent care, hospitals, private practices etc is indeed amazing and the highest quality in the world

The government, with its mandates around insurance coverage, blanket coverages with hidden and unknown costs being paid for and subsidized, government deals with insurance carriers, etc are what has brought down what you progressives CALL 'healthcare'... the very interference of government has brought about the very problems you complain about.. you don't even know what your blessed Obamalamacare is actually doing, charging, paying for, scrutinizing, pr whatever else.. same with medicaid and medicare.. and with the government pushing of pay for all kinds of medical insurance, nobody even knows the true costs, nobody shops around, and nobody really cares what goes on behind the scenes in the business.. you just go to a doctor, pay a co-pay, and just blindly trust a system... and THAT, idiot, is the problem

Bzzzzz. Try again. I mean, we both know you can't name a system that runs without any government involvement and thus why, AGAIN, the shit you believe in only works in your head and not in reality.

Is the ACA perfect? FAR from it. But is the answer to remove government involvement completely? Of course not. But you're an idiot and would think that would solve things, even though you don't have a single shred of proof that it would work.

yes, it does. Your claim is erroneous. The manufactured lies were more important to people. If indeed, the people would have simply not voted for him because of his running on repeal, then the Dems and progressives wouldn't have felt a need to manufacture the lies.

Cute story, but still wrong. Romney ran on and lost based on a platform of repealing Romneycare...I mean Obamacare.

Cute story, but still wrong. Romney ran on and lost based on a platform of repealing Romneycare...I mean Obamacare.

Romneycare was a state program.. not a national one where there is no granted power to do such a thing.. not that i agreed with Romneycare even at a state level, and not like I voted for Romney

Cute story, but also a lie. Look up how many negative stories were run on Romney ( most not dealing with his idea of repeal) versus Obama during the election campaign period.
Andd Obama ran on the lie that you could keep your insurance and doc if you like it/them as well as the lie the average family would save $2500 a year!

Last edited:

Romneycare was a state program.. not a national one where there is no granted power to do such a thing.. not that i agreed with Romneycare even at a state level, and not like I voted for Romney

Great, but again that doesn't change what I said.

I was just struck with a GREAT idea! Instead of passing a Bill so we can see what's in it, how about giving Congress time to read and digest the Bill, and even talk with their constituents, before voting on it. I know it's a crazy idea, but I thought I'd share!

Cute story, but also a lie. Look up how many negative stories were run on Romney ( most not dealing with his idea of repeal) versus Obama during the election campaign period.
Andd Obama ran on the lie that you could keep your insurance and doc if you like it/them as well as the lie the average family would save $2500 a year!

So you don't like the outcome. Got it.

But again, all you're doing is supporting what I said and that was Romney ran on a platform of repealing Obamacare.

Well. except that you incorrectly linked Romneycare and Obamacare.. but nice try

Where do you find that because you must have a chart somewhere that shows Negative stories. Or you're just whining. Pick one

Well. except that you incorrectly linked Romneycare and Obamacare.. but nice try

Let me check again...nope I sure didn't. But then again, you've abandoned trying to show examples of a healthcare system being successful and free of government involvement. So I know you're desperate to find some other point to try and "win". You go sluggger!

Where do you find that because you must have a chart somewhere that shows Negative stories. Or you're just whining. Pick one

Coverage of the Candidates by Media Sector and Cable Outlet | Pew Research Center's Journalism Project

14-Tone_of_Coverage_on_Cable_News.png

Forum List

Back