Character???

ron4342

VIP Member
Feb 29, 2012
Republicans are always speaking of family values, morality, and character. Now we have a republican congressman, trey radell, busted on cocaine possession and cocaine use. If radell had been a Democrat the conservatives would be calling for his resignation at the top of their lungs. It will be interesting to see if any of the cons on this board call for him to step down. It will be my guess that the conservatives on this board will be more than happy to give him a pass on his drug use. After all, according to them it is only Democrats who would behave in that manner. So come-on all you upstanding conservatives surprise me and show your outrage and call for radell to step down. Failure to do so would be hypocritical.

Republicans are always speaking of family values, morality, and character. Now we have a republican congressman, trey radell, busted on cocaine possession and cocaine use. If radell had been a Democrat the conservatives would be calling for his resignation at the top of their lungs. It will be interesting to see if any of the cons on this board call for him to step down. It will be my guess that the conservatives on this board will be more than happy to give him a pass on his drug use. After all, according to them it is only Democrats who would behave in that manner. So come-on all you upstanding conservatives surprise me and show your outrage and call for radell to step down. Failure to do so would be hypocritical.

Proof?
Democrats just proved themselves the biggest fucking hypocrites on the planet. Back when Bill Frist was Senate majority leader some were urging him to change the filibuster rule to get Pres Bush's judicial appointments through. The Dems were stalling appointments of very good choices simply because they were Bush's. Frist refused. All the Dems gave big speeches about how the filibuster protected the rights of the minority etc etc. One of them went on to be the first mulatto president.
Fast forward to today. Dems change the rule. Minority rights? Who gives a shit?
Dems are the biggest fucking hypocrites on the planet.

I guess in the fairy tale logic of Liberals this would be the case........................

Do the crime...................

Do the time.................

I could care less their political background on this.................

obama_has_a_toke1_xlarge.jpeg

If democrats weren't total fucking hypocrites, they'd police their own better, too. If you are so truly concerned about integrity and character, you'd denounce the liars, cheats, pedophiles, and other assorted perverts, as well as drug abuses in your own party. Hey, why don't you demonstrate your integrity, start at the top, call for the impeachment of the unqualified, lying sack of shit you all managed to put into the White House? Go on, show us how it's done.

Moral equivalency is a modern ethical escape route. You'll see it every time a republican, conservative, libertarian, or other assorted politico gets caught. It is comparable to the child's, 'but Joanne did it too.' Ask any school teacher for examples. That RWLCLCRTPFMW* use it merely demonstrates their immaturity. Consider only that this man voted to have welfare participants drug tested and you soon realize you have entered a world where morality does not exist on a level above a five year old.

* Right Wing Libertarian Cheap Labor Conservative Republican Tea Party Free Market Wingnut

As soon as the Democrats call for the resignation of Obama for stealing the 2012 election by knowingly lying and making false promises, which affect the entire nation, Republicans WILL call for the recall of Congressman Radell, whose indiscretion affects only his constituents.

It's been many years since the Republicans have used the term "family values", let's at least try to keep stuff within a couple of decades.

And both parties have far more than their share of hypocrites. Pointing at "the other guys" when it comes to intellectual dishonesty is just silly.

That doesn't stop the partisans from doing it, though. It's their schtick.

:rolleyes:

Moral equivalency is a modern ethical escape route. You'll see it every time a republican, conservative, libertarian, or other assorted politico gets caught. It is comparable to the child's, 'but Joanne did it too.' Ask any school teacher for examples. That RWLCLCRTPFMW* use it merely demonstrates their immaturity. Consider only that this man voted to have welfare participants drug tested and you soon realize you have entered a world where morality does not exist on a level above a five year old.

* Right Wing Libertarian Cheap Labor Conservative Republican Tea Party Free Market Wingnut

Obama was a coke head

I don't see how recreational drug use is a matter of character. It really is no different than drinking on the weekends.

The fact that we arbitrarily declare some substances as legal and illegal is meaningless.

Hypocrisy is the issue here not character.

CHARACTER??

Who in his right mind even entertain the idea that Martin Luther King Jr. would endorse Obama, based on contents of character.

He might, based on the color of Obama's skin.

Maybe, hopefully, NOT!

Character... you keep using that word. I don't think it means what you think it means. First of all, your party has the likes of John Edwards, Bill Clinton and Anthony Weiner. Second, you'd have to lack character when you vote for someone who lies to you repeatedly.

Justification and side-stepping all over the place. Sidle, sidle, sidle...... LMAO

Yes but it's all the Democrats have.

You know and I know, and the whole board knows, at least those who are intellectually honest, that it is the conservatives who are doing the justifying and sidling in this thread. Very hypocritical. :lol:

Justification and side-stepping all over the place. Sidle, sidle, sidle...... LMAO

Yes but it's all the Democrats have.

You know and I know, and the whole board knows, at least those who are intellectually honest, that it is the conservatives who are doing the justifying and sidling in this thread. Very hypocritical. :lol:

No it is the Dems who are doing it, on this thread and everywhere else.

obama_has_a_toke1_xlarge.jpeg

Wow! Was that taken in the Oval Office? No? On the campaign trail in 2008? No? When he was a senator in Chicago? No???? When?

Don't forget to mention that while this douchebag was double bubbling in the Capitol men's room, he was voting FOR welfare and SNAP recipients to be drug-tested, because god forbid if any of his constituents manage to get their hands on a fat bag before he did.

Forum List

Back