China to scrap millions of cars.

China to scrap millions of cars in anti-pollution push | Reuters

China plans to take more than five million ageing vehicles off the roads this year in a bid to improve air quality, with 330,000 cars set to be decommissioned in Beijing alone, the government said in a policy document published on Monday.

See when other countries have a problem, they tend to just deal with it, and not call it a hoax.

Well it's nice that they are doing this..but don't think it's because they had options.

Their "Industrial revolution" was on overdrive. So much so Beijing is a very dirty city.

They didn't have much of a choice because the smog got so bad, they couldn't see.

China plans to take more than five million ageing vehicles off the roads this year in a bid to improve air quality, with 330,000 cars set to be decommissioned in Beijing alone, the government said in a policy document published on Monday.

See when other countries have a problem, they tend to just deal with it, and not call it a hoax.

Or bury it like a cat in a litter box for 10 years and then suddenly recall 13,800,000 cars in one fucking year.

GM cars sold: 12 million. Recalled: 13.8 million.
By Chris Isidore @CNNMoney May 22, 2014: 8:22 AM ET

Congress is full of prostitutes in gray suits with matching ties and flag lapel pins. Both sides. Doesn't matter who or what, they are paid handsomely to let the NRA, oil companies, auto companies and big banks do exactly as they please at our peril.
GM's recall nightmare - May. 21, 2014

Great, now this site is tagging words for advertisements. And here I thought they did this for love and not money. A Republican is a Republican is a Republican.

Well it's nice that they are doing this..but don't think it's because they had options.

Their "Industrial revolution" was on overdrive. So much so Beijing is a very dirty city.

They didn't have much of a choice because the smog got so bad, they couldn't see.

And now it looks like they are moving their manufacturing to Africa. So what happens to a hundred million Chinese when they lose their jobs? Forget about their cars.

Why ‘Made in Ethiopia’ Could Be The ‘Next Made in China’
Why ?Made in Ethiopia? Could Be The ?Next Made in China? - Corporate Intelligence - WSJ

They had a problem with feeding too many people, so Mao just killed 10s of millions of people! See when you have totalitarian regimes they can do that also! Note China has the worst AIR pollution in the world meaning smog! This has nothing to do with global warming! See small fry we saw air and water pollution as a problem so a republican president enacted the clean air and clean water acts!

And yes global warming is a hoax'

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

This story kind of defeats the current right wing argument that we should ignore global climate change because every other country is. They will have to think up a new argument for ignoring reality and sticking their heads in the sand.

Are you CAPABLE of understanding the difference between China's AIR POLLUTION and the global warming scam involving CARBON DIOXIDE?!

We did the same thing here. Don't you remember "cash for clunkers"? I do.

Actually, the highest-polluting vehicles DID NOT QUALIFY for it. (Nothing before 1984.) Many of the vehicles destroyed were actually clean runners...a fair number were actually LEV or better!

China has bigger issues than old cars, but stupid people will be stupid people..You wont find this allowed on the internet in China

Amazing Pictures, Pollution in China | ChinaHush

you moron, the car thing is only part of the solution to their problem.

Why would it need to be allowed? The people see it everyday and speak up on it everyday.

Honest to god you have to be a freakin idiot. Sorry to say it but I see no other justification. American has done a lot more then China is even thinking about doing what in the hell is wrong with you? Why do you hate America so damn much why not just move to China they got lots of empty city they built.

The US is shutting coal stations, China builds one a week, yeah they are doing something alright.

While this is true, the US is still a nation that leads when it comes to pollution.

I think only China beats us.

Once we have eliminated carbon dioxide from Earth's atmosphere we will have conquered Global Warming. Also we will have eliminated the blight that's called "humankind" because without the CO2 all plants will die so there'll be nothing to eat but each other. And hell, a good part of the population seems to be engaged in that already though not in a carnivorous sense.

Great, now this site is tagging words for advertisements. And here I thought they did this for love and not money. A Republican is a Republican is a Republican.

Servers are not free! Have you donated to support the site? If not, quit bitching, hypocrite!

You think I'm actually going to PAY to read what idiots like you write?

I'm sure democraticunderground would welcome you with open arms and you wouldn't have to read any of us. Don't let the door hit ya on the way out. Otherwise quit your bitchin'.

A Republican is a Republican is a Republican.

yea the further right you go....and the further Left you go a Democrat is a Democrat is a Democrat....

so you support governmental theft of private property.

and you're a leftist

gee, didn't see that coming

Why would it need to be allowed? The people see it everyday and speak up on it everyday.

Honest to god you have to be a freakin idiot. Sorry to say it but I see no other justification. American has done a lot more then China is even thinking about doing what in the hell is wrong with you? Why do you hate America so damn much why not just move to China they got lots of empty city they built.

The US is shutting coal stations, China builds one a week, yeah they are doing something alright.

While this is true, the US is still a nation that leads when it comes to pollution.

I think only China beats us.

wrong, but you hate America, so quell surprise that you don't know shit.

I think only China beats us. While this is true, the US is still a nation that leads when it comes to pollution.

CO2 not technically a pollutant but that seems to be the PC thing these days. You are right China is number one. I didn't really mean to call PB an idiot I should have said what was posted was idiocy. As you can see the US has dropped and what is written about the US is in direct contrast to what PB said, thus it was idiocy. The US is a big industrized developed country and it is expected that the CO2 emission would be higher. But, do you see the difference in how I post and how PB posts? I give links and examples all PB has done is make proclamations.

Most polluting countries in the world, India ranks 3 - Rediff.com Business

China

CO2 emission: 2,395 million tons

Five-year change: 44 per cent increase

China is paying the price of growing too fast and heavy reliance on fossil fuels. According to the World Bank, 16 of the world's 20 most polluted cities are in China.

In January this year, air pollution shot up many northern cities during the winter. The United States Embassy monitor on air quality in China classified the quality of air in Beijing as "hazardous".

The US is number two: United States

CO2 emission: 1,403 million tons

Five-year change: Down 11 per cent

Ever since the beginning of Industrial Revolution, US had trouble with environmental issues. The country, however, was among the first few countries to enact laws that would help in cut down pollution.

In 1960s, 1970s and 1990s, the country enacted a series of Clean Air Acts to strengthen the regulation of air pollution. It introduced new standards to measure air pollution. All this helped the country to reduce annual production.

Some of the cities with high pollution include Los Angeles, Bakersfield and Visalia.

India is number 3: Rank: 3

CO2 emission: 596 million tons

Five-year change: 43 per cent increase

Though India emits less greenhouse gasses compared to other nations on the list, the air pollution is high due to burning of wood, fuel adulteration, vehicle emission and traffic congestion.

In 2005, the country adopted emission standard of Bharat Stange IV for vehicles, which is equivalent to Euro IV standard. However, vehicles prior to 2005 still ply on the roads.

Some of the polluted cities according to World Health Organisation include Ludhiana, Kanpur and Delhi.

Last edited:

I suspect the real reason here is a ginormous Cash For Clunkers in order to take used car inventory off the market and force people into buying new cars to prop up the Chinese economy.

The Car Allowance Rebate System (CARS).....(get it?), allowed Americans to trade over 600,000 cars in to stimulate the Japanese economy (40% of cars bought during the program were Japanese). Cost to taxpayers = $3 Billion.

The Japanese had their own, similar program, which prohibited anyone from trading their "clunker" for an American made vehicle........

Forum List

Back