Christ-Mass is of no concern for Protestants, why do you even

celebrate Christ-mass. Actually the Mass is the death of Christ, its all about the Eucharist, and we take the body of Christ (the holy Eucharist)and drink wine AKA his blood .

So Christmas and Christ mass are not the same thing, but in the 300's Dec 25th , the winter solstice, was to be celebrated as Jesus's birthday.

So as Jesus did say to the Samaritan woman, you worship what you do not know.
No offense, but do you really think anyone cares what a fake Catholic believes?

Penelope is a Shiite Muslim. Hezbollah.

The reason why Christians should love Jews is?

Other than the FACT that Jesus was a Jew?

Jesus IS a Jew. :smile:

Right and the VICAR OF CHRIST (the pope) is supposed to be LIKE A JEW

You actually feel that Catholics are real Christians?

How do you mean?

The Catholic Church does not get the credit it deserves.
Jesus was very specific about religions that repeat prayer like Catholics do. He said only the Lord's Prayer should be repeated. And worshipping the Virgin Mary is no different than worshipping Buddha. God never said a pastor cannot have a sex life. He also never said smoking and drinking is a fair trade for abstention.
I don't even know where to begin so I'll just start with two.

As far back as Confucius the value of tradition was recognized. It is the glue that binds the community.

No one worships Mary. We ask her to pray for us. You do the same thing in prayer chains or with friends.

Let's see where this goes now.
If you're asking her to pray for you while praying, what's the difference? Jesus is the way and the light, not the Virgin Mary.

And I didn't say Jesus had a problem with traditions, because he was a Jew who celebrated Passover like the rest of them.
Great. There is zero difference. If you knew a really spiritual person you would ask that person to pray for you. It's called an intercessory prayer.

I didn't say you said Jesus had a problem with traditions. My point was that the Catholic faith has lots of traditions. There is nothing wrong with them. It binds the community.

I don't know about that, but ok.

celebrate Christ-mass. Actually the Mass is the death of Christ, its all about the Eucharist, and we take the body of Christ (the holy Eucharist)and drink wine AKA his blood .

So Christmas and Christ mass are not the same thing, but in the 300's Dec 25th , the winter solstice, was to be celebrated as Jesus's birthday.

Well you should , because we gave you Christianity and also Christmas. Easter as well as the bible. So you really should care about the RCC and the Pope. You owe all your Christianity to them.

I have read many versions of the bible. Catholicism is far removed from God and his son. So are all of its 33,000 branches.

Well if not for Rome and the RCC you would have no Christianity.

Jesus started one single religion. It was not the one that came out of Rome. Thus, Jesus started the real Christianity. It did not come back until here in these last days. It was underground at best after they started murdering the true followers. Councils were held because they did not know truth. Fact has proved their translating errors carried over into every trinity based translation.

It's a catholic thing-------Martin Luther rejected the idea

Well you should , because we gave you Christianity and also Christmas. Easter as well as the bible. So you really should care about the RCC and the Pope. You owe all your Christianity to them.

I have read many versions of the bible. Catholicism is far removed from God and his son. So are all of its 33,000 branches.

Jesus started one single religion. It was not the one that came out of Rome. Thus, Jesus started the real Christianity. It did not come back until here in these last days. It was underground at best after they started murdering the true followers. Councils were held because they did not know truth. Fact has proved their translating errors carried over into every trinity based translation.

do you have a citation for that allegation?

Actually if not for the Catholic Church you wouldn't have any ammo to attack Christians with.

Catholicism allowed their young men to kill catholic young men on both sides-Rev war, civil war, ww1,ww2--Millions upons millions slaughtered--They even killed their own supposed brothers in Christ for Adolf Hitler. Fear of men--that is Why--same reason the Pope has swiss killers hired to protect him. No they are not--Jesus would never allow the brothers in Christ to kill each other. They are ruled by love--war is hatred.

Which allegation? That the translations are erred?

If you're asking her to pray for you while praying, what's the difference? Jesus is the way and the light, not the Virgin Mary.

And I didn't say Jesus had a problem with traditions, because he was a Jew who celebrated Passover like the rest of them.

The difference may lie in the way Catholics understand their relationship with God. The Church is described in two ways. One, the Church is the bride of Christ. It is also the body of Christ. We see ourselves as a community of Christ and that community consists of both living believers--and believers who have passed on. Death cannot separate us from Christ or his body. We pray not only as individuals, but as the body of Christ, the community of Christ.

Jesus taught, "Where two or three are gathered in my name..." Therefore, I have no more hesitation in asking deceases members of my family to pray for/with me than I have in asking those living to pray for/with me. Mary, is a member of the body of Christ, and many ask for her prayers, just as many ask St. Joseph, St. John the Baptist, Peter and Paul and many, many other Saints to join in prayer. We see the community as family.

Perhaps without meaning to, non-Catholic Christians often give the impression it is just them as an individual and Jesus. No one else is acknowledged, wanted, or welcome. Instead of community they come across as thinking in terms of couple. Them, Jesus, no one else.
I like to follow the New Testament and use that as a guide. I never saw any Hail Marys in the scriptures. .
We have tons of prayers that are not in the scriptures. In fact, as I recall from the Bible study group I belonged to at work, our prayers were spoken from the heart and did not come from the scriptures either. I was the only Catholic in the group. The rest were Protestants. I had to have this same conversation with them. Luckily for me, they were very reasonable about it and accepted my position.

Nothing wrong with formalized prayer. It is extremely effective in altering the fabric of our identity.

Actually if not for the Catholic Church you wouldn't have any ammo to attack Christians with.

Catholicism allowed their young men to kill catholic young men on both sides-Rev war, civil war, ww1,ww2--Millions upons millions slaughtered--They even killed their own supposed brothers in Christ for Adolf Hitler. Fear of men--that is Why--same reason the Pope has swiss killers hired to protect him. No they are not--Jesus would never allow the brothers in Christ to kill each other. They are ruled by love--war is hatred.
Jesus allows it everyday. It's called free will.

Please tell me that you are not one of those who believes unless everything is perfect there can be no God.

the allegation that "Jesus started one single religion"

Many were celebrating that date for centuries before Christians came along and renamed it.
It doesn't matter what date it is celebrated. Does it? It doesn't change what, or who, is being celebrated.

Many were celebrating that date for centuries before Christians came along and renamed it.
It doesn't matter what date it is celebrated. Does it? It doesn't change what, or who, is being celebrated.

the absence of a birth certificate is significant

It's a catholic thing-------Martin Luther rejected the idea
I'll have to take your word for that.

If it ever reaches the point that I find that to be material, I'll look into it more.

the absence of a birth certificate is significant
Some Jews are threatened by Christianity.

I never could figure out why.

the allegation that "Jesus started one single religion"
It's the whole Peter and the rock thingee.

Please tell me that you are not a Gnostic.

Those guys were pretty reprehensible.

I like to follow the New Testament and use that as a guild. I never saw any Hail Marys in there.

The prayer, Hail Mary, is a prayer of the Rosary, which is a reflection for the New Testament, and actually modeled on Psalms. The number of prayers in the Rosary match the number of Psalms. The Psalms were a devotion for those who could read and had access to the Bible or Psalms. Knowing that many were uneducated and poor (could not read, had no Bible or Psalm book) the Rosary was devised as a meditation for the New Testament, especially the Gospels. The cadence of the prayers kept one's focus on God, Jesus, the Gospels--whatever meditation the person praying set before them that day. In particular, the Hail Mary is drawn from the Gospel of Luke, and reflects the angel's greeting and message from God to Mary--and by extension to the world.

There are many types of prayer. While I am not consistent in praying the rosary as some, it is one of the most powerful prayers to have at hand during times of stress, distress, and depression. It is a mighty boost upward into other types of prayer. (But shhhh! This is a carefully guarded Catholic secret! The Rosary is ours! Ours, I say! You're not allowed to say it. :D )
Actually, as a Christian, I see Luke 1:28: The angel went to her and said, "Greetings, you who are highly favored! The Lord is with you." as a greeting and not a prayer. Mary was blessed and highly favored --- there is no doubting that. What I do not accept is the Immaculate Conception. Mary was born to both a human mother and father and that makes her a sinner. Only Christ was born through a human mother in order not to be tainted and remain sinless. Mary doesn't save and she cannot hear what is happening now. Mary is in heaven with all the other saints (believers who have passed on).

And I see Christmas as a wonderful opportunity to tell the Gospel message. And Christmas is so much easier to say than "The celebrated birthday of Our Lord Jesus the Messiah/Christ." Do we know the actual date-----does it really matter? I think not!
IMHO the date was set by the star of Bethlehem, most likely the North Star, and it’s position in the sky the night of the birth of Jesus.
The North Star doesn't move. I believe what the Magi followed was a supernatural event that was very much out of the ordinary. I do not regard natural explanations as the only possibilities.

It's my understanding that it was St Francis of Assisi that got the Christmas celebration really rocking in 1223 with the first staged nativity scene.

GERM-Many which started 2 World Wars was majority Protestant, and the Revolutionary War, and Civil War in America was overwhelmingly Protestant.

Swiss are Catholic, and some of the most peaceful people to exist, as are Poles, Slovaks, Irish, you get the drift.

Forum List

Back