Christ-Mass is of no concern for Protestants, why do you even

Which allegation? That the translations are erred?

the allegation that "Jesus started one single religion"
It's the whole Peter and the rock thingee.

very confusing---------Jesus said----ON THIS ROCK (meaning "peter the rock" ) is "my church"
but PETER does not mean ROCK in Aramaic or Hebrew------I think that's GREEK (?)
Jesus did not do greek----besides Peter's real name was SIMON which is derived from the
semitic root-----SH M (vav) which denotes Hear as in HEARKEN TO. Constantine
should have straigtened that mess out
You are Jewish, right?

Why do you care?

habit-----jews tend to INTELLECTUALIZE. Are you desperate to avoid the subject ----
"the nature of the one religion that jesus founded"??? or any evidence of that theory?
Am I desperate to avoid the subject? No. But I'm not going to argue about MY religion with someone outside of MY religion. That would be as silly as me arguing about THEIR religion with them. I would not expect to understand a religion not my own better than someone who actually practiced that religion. Of course that doesn't mean I have to fail miserably at it. It just means it would be illogical to do it.

If you want to discuss it, that would be fine.

the absence of a birth certificate is significant
Some Jews are threatened by Christianity.

I never could figure out why.
I do not think they are threatened, they just do not recognize Jesus as their messiah. Their prophets told them their messiah would enter Jerusalem through a specific door and Jesus did not use that door.
Most of the Jews on the boards are pretty disrespectful of Christians.

At least that has been my observation.

can you cite a few examples? As to being threatened by Christianity----I never noticed---
there have been many times and place during which and in which jews have been threatened
by Christians----in fact, subjected to massive genocides. I grew up in a very Christian town---
and as a very quiet kid got invited to all kinds of churches -----whilst I came across somewhat
unfriendly allusions to JOOOOOS in churches I never stumbled into any allusions to Christians
or Christianity in synagogues at all-----JUST NONE---neither positive nor negative.

well... you for example. Not now or even lately, but before that.

HaShev for another.

Even Indeependet will let it slip every now and then.

You provide no EXAMPLE----you just pointed your finger at people It seems to
me that both Hashev and Independent state their beliefs-----you call that "disrespect"?
Perhaps you have never experienced REAL "DISRESPECT" Long ago---when I was
a kid-----there were "INTERFAITH" sevices in various churches and synagogues. The
father of a friend of mine ---very quietly walked out of a Christian church because of a prayer
that included "LET US PRAY FOR THE PERFIDIOUS JEWS" --- <<<<THAT IS DISRESPECT---
in fact in lesson form for the children of that congregation it breeds contempt
That sort of crap was VERY LIKELY your childhood education-------nothing corollary to that
ever showed up in mine. In my childhood----public school Christmas plays -----sometimes
put on by the local catholic school ----INCLUDED LOTS OF "DISRESPECT" all they way
down to the WICKED INN KEEPER who kinda threw pregnant blond blue-eyed mary into the
STABLE-----dressed up like a CHARACERTURE of a Fagin-like JEW

very confusing---------Jesus said----ON THIS ROCK (meaning "peter the rock" ) is "my church"
Jesus did not do greek----besides Peter's real name was SIMON which is derived from the
You are Jewish, right?

Why do you care?

habit-----jews tend to INTELLECTUALIZE. Are you desperate to avoid the subject ----
"the nature of the one religion that jesus founded"??? or any evidence of that theory?
Am I desperate to avoid the subject? No. But I'm not going to argue about MY religion with someone outside of MY religion. That would be as silly as me arguing about THEIR religion with them. I would not expect to understand a religion not my own better than someone who actually practiced that religion. Of course that doesn't mean I have to fail miserably at it. It just means it would be illogical to do it.

Please re-read. Someone said that Jesus FOUNDED A SPECIFIC SINGLE NEW RELIGION.
I am fascinated to know the nature of that specific single new religion. I have read lots of books
and never came across ANYTHING that REMOTELY came up with such an idea based on anything
Jesus is remotely reliably reported to have said

I have read many versions of the bible. Catholicism is far removed from God and his son. So are all of its 33,000 branches.

Well if not for Rome and the RCC you would have no Christianity.

Jesus started one single religion. It was not the one that came out of Rome. Thus, Jesus started the real Christianity. It did not come back until here in these last days. It was underground at best after they started murdering the true followers. Councils were held because they did not know truth. Fact has proved their translating errors carried over into every trinity based translation.
Please tell me that you are not a Gnostic.

Those guys were pretty reprehensible.
How so?
If you do not believe in the Trinity, then who died for your sin? Our sin was against God, and only God could pay the price for that sin. So, if Jesus is not God, then a created being died for your sin. Wouldn't you agree? The Bible says that all things were created by Him (JESUS) and for Him, and without Him was not anything made that was made. Seems pretty clear to me.

Also, Jesus lived a sinless life. Something that no created being could ever do. Therefore, He is God, since only God is sinless. You can use any verse you want to try to refute this, but it is futile. Jesus is God. The Alpha and Omega. The beginning and the end.

And how do you know all this, oh the bible of course. The bible does not prove the bible.

If you do not believe in the Trinity, then who died for your sin? Our sin was against God, and only God could pay the price for that sin. So, if Jesus is not God, then a created being died for your sin. Wouldn't you agree? The Bible says that all things were created by Him (JESUS) and for Him, and without Him was not anything made that was made. Seems pretty clear to me.

Also, Jesus lived a sinless life. Something that no created being could ever do. Therefore, He is God, since only God is sinless. You can use any verse you want to try to refute this, but it is futile. Jesus is God. The Alpha and Omega. The beginning and the end.
Circular logic. A true god cannot die. Additionally if Jesus died then lived again; he didn't truly die. And if God has no begginnig he cannot created himself to begin with.
Small sacrifice when you actually think about it. This character played dead for three days, and that's supposed to be analogous to actual death, followed by eternal torment if you aren't impressed by the gesture? I for one; even if somehow it were proven true... Am not impressed.
Tell you what. If you were assured of living again, would you go through what He did? The Creator of the universe humbled Himself and lived life as a mortal. His physical body died. It was the most excruciating death imaginable. Even if He rose from the dead, it was a brutal and painful process to go through. And He didn't have to do it. He did it because He loved us. The worst part was taking on the sin of the entire world. On the Cross, Jesus experienced every sin ever committed, as well as every sin that would ever be committed. Do you have any idea what that was like? God turned away from Him because He could not stand the presence of all that sin. Jesus bore it alone. Think about that.
I can think of countless worse ways to die. Not to mention it wasn't in any way unique. Countless numbers of people have been executed in that exact manner since time immemorial. In fact the account the Bible gives suggests he got off easy by comparison.

wrong ---crucifixion is an HORRIFIC way to die and inflicted on tens of thousands if not hundreds
of thousands by the romans who enjoyed it almost as must as watching lions eat people. It is
absolutely forbidden in jewish jurisprudence

Stoning the favorite of the Hebrews was horrific but I can imagine it happened a lot, even for wayward sons who sassed their parents according to the bible.

You are Jewish, right?

Why do you care?

Please re-read. Someone said that Jesus FOUNDED A SPECIFIC SINGLE NEW RELIGION.
I am fascinated to know the nature of that specific single new religion. I have read lots of books
and never came across ANYTHING that REMOTELY came up with such an idea based on anything
Jesus is remotely reliably reported to have said
And I say to thee: That thou art Peter; and upon this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

Some Jews are threatened by Christianity.

I never could figure out why.
I do not think they are threatened, they just do not recognize Jesus as their messiah. Their prophets told them their messiah would enter Jerusalem through a specific door and Jesus did not use that door.

can you cite a few examples? As to being threatened by Christianity----I never noticed---
there have been many times and place during which and in which jews have been threatened
by Christians----in fact, subjected to massive genocides. I grew up in a very Christian town---
and as a very quiet kid got invited to all kinds of churches -----whilst I came across somewhat
unfriendly allusions to JOOOOOS in churches I never stumbled into any allusions to Christians
or Christianity in synagogues at all-----JUST NONE---neither positive nor negative.

HaShev for another.

me that both Hashev and Independent state their beliefs-----you call that "disrespect"?
a kid-----there were "INTERFAITH" sevices in various churches and synagogues. The
father of a friend of mine ---very quietly walked out of a Christian church because of a prayer
that included "LET US PRAY FOR THE PERFIDIOUS JEWS" --- <<<<THAT IS DISRESPECT---
That sort of crap was VERY LIKELY your childhood education-------nothing corollary to that
ever showed up in mine. In my childhood----public school Christmas plays -----sometimes
put on by the local catholic school ----INCLUDED LOTS OF "DISRESPECT" all they way
down to the WICKED INN KEEPER who kinda threw pregnant blond blue-eyed mary into the
If that's how you want to see it go for it. I see it differently. You asked for examples, I gave you the names of the people I had made observations about. I'm not going to go dig up the conversations. I'm not going to quibble with you whether they did or not.

That wasn't my childhood education. It was the exact opposite. My faith teaches that the Jews did not kill Christ, we all killed Christ.

Circular logic. A true god cannot die. Additionally if Jesus died then lived again; he didn't truly die. And if God has no begginnig he cannot created himself to begin with.
Small sacrifice when you actually think about it. This character played dead for three days, and that's supposed to be analogous to actual death, followed by eternal torment if you aren't impressed by the gesture? I for one; even if somehow it were proven true... Am not impressed.
Tell you what. If you were assured of living again, would you go through what He did? The Creator of the universe humbled Himself and lived life as a mortal. His physical body died. It was the most excruciating death imaginable. Even if He rose from the dead, it was a brutal and painful process to go through. And He didn't have to do it. He did it because He loved us. The worst part was taking on the sin of the entire world. On the Cross, Jesus experienced every sin ever committed, as well as every sin that would ever be committed. Do you have any idea what that was like? God turned away from Him because He could not stand the presence of all that sin. Jesus bore it alone. Think about that.
I can think of countless worse ways to die. Not to mention it wasn't in any way unique. Countless numbers of people have been executed in that exact manner since time immemorial. In fact the account the Bible gives suggests he got off easy by comparison.

wrong ---crucifixion is an HORRIFIC way to die and inflicted on tens of thousands if not hundreds
of thousands by the romans who enjoyed it almost as must as watching lions eat people. It is

Stoning the favorite of the Hebrews was horrific but I can imagine it happened a lot, even for wayward sons who sassed their parents according to the bible.

why "IMAGINE" There are records and intelligent health care workers have actually
studied the situation. You could probably GOOGLE or check the library of the hospital in
which you are employed as a "health care worker" for the specific manner in which
crucified persons die and stoned people die. I have attended actual real lectures on the
issue. ------TRY TO LEARN SOMETHING. Your imagination does not serve you well

HaShev for another.

If that's how you want to see it go for it. I see it differently. You asked for examples, I gave you the names of the people I had made observations about. I'm not going to go dig up the conversations. I'm not going to quibble with you whether they did or not.

That wasn't my childhood education. It was the exact opposite. My faith teaches that the Jews did not kill Christ, we all killed Christ.

oh---not me. You need not dig up conversations in order to provide examples. I am not
demanding EXACT QUOTES. As to YOUR church------not much of a disclaimer for me----
I have always lived in very CULTURALLY DIVERSE places------even when the bulk of the
"cultural diversity" was lots of different sects of Christianity (and a few jews) The places
in which I lived presented lots of "disrespect" a significant number of the Christian sects---towards
jews-----openly. There were some Unitarians around-----later on seventh day Adventists seemed
somewhat untouched-----about some things-----and somewhat touched about others. Real science
always includes some GENERALITIES -------in general my experience and observation has not
been anything like yours. My sense is that for YOU-----public insistence that the only way to
"salvation" is thru "JESUS CHRIST" is really polite. To me it is an insult---to me and HINDUS

My sense is that for YOU-----public insistence that the only way to
"salvation" is thru "JESUS CHRIST" is really polite. To me it is an insult---to me and HINDUS

First of all you will have to show me where I've said that. What's between you and God is between you and God. He doesn't like it when I stick my nose in other people's business. He's got everything under control.

I suspect that other people may find the Christian proselytizing to be almost as offensive as Jewish chosenness.

Personally it never bothered me either way. I always invite the JW and Mormons into my home. I like talking about faith. All faiths. They aren't that different.

why "IMAGINE" There are records and intelligent health care workers have actually
studied the situation. You could probably GOOGLE or check the library of the hospital in
which you are employed as a "health care worker" for the specific manner in which
crucified persons die and stoned people die. I have attended actual real lectures on the
issue. ------TRY TO LEARN SOMETHING. Your imagination does not serve you well

Oh my goodness, stoning was the execution method by most Hebrews, according to the bible. What other capital punishments did the Hebrews dole out? I would say stoning happened a lot.

Last edited:

HaShev for another.

Well according to the bible the jews picked Jesus the Christ to be killed, and the Jews let Jesus bar Abbas free.

The OP is just expressing her contempt for other Christians.
She probably votes Democrat mostly because of her hatred for Protestants.
It's some really sick dark side of humanity hate.
It is another example of regressive tribalism.
God doesn't care about religion, but people sure do.

You are completely missing the point. Jesus suffered and died for us. Someone who never knew pain or hardship, lived as a lowly human. He experienced everything that we do throughout our lives. And I ask you again. Would you allow yourself to be crucified if you knew you would live again? Answer the question.
Well of course I would. Who wouldn't inconvenience themselves for 3 days, if the payout is millions of obiedient followers willing to kill for me. That's a no brainer.

Well you should , because we gave you Christianity and also Christmas. Easter as well as the bible. So you really should care about the RCC and the Pope. You owe all your Christianity to them.

I have read many versions of the bible. Catholicism is far removed from God and his son. So are all of its 33,000 branches.

Actually if not for the Catholic Church you wouldn't have any ammo to attack Christians with.
You actually feel that Catholics are real Christians?

Catholicism allowed their young men to kill catholic young men on both sides-Rev war, civil war, ww1,ww2--Millions upons millions slaughtered--They even killed their own supposed brothers in Christ for Adolf Hitler. Fear of men--that is Why--same reason the Pope has swiss killers hired to protect him. No they are not--Jesus would never allow the brothers in Christ to kill each other. They are ruled by love--war is hatred.
Jesus allows it everyday. It's called free will.

Please tell me that you are not one of those who believes unless everything is perfect there can be no God.

God is 100% real--YHWH(Jehovah) there is no other. Few even know him. Jesus warned that would occur-John 15:21-22. But Few listen to Jesus as well.

Jesus started one single religion. It was not the one that came out of Rome. Thus, Jesus started the real Christianity. It did not come back until here in these last days. It was underground at best after they started murdering the true followers. Councils were held because they did not know truth. Fact has proved their translating errors carried over into every trinity based translation.

do you have a citation for that allegation?

1 Corinthians 1:10)
Ot=one single religion. Its all God needs.

No offense, but do you really think anyone cares what a fake Catholic believes?

Well you should , because we gave you Christianity and also Christmas. Easter as well as the bible. So you really should care about the RCC and the Pope. You owe all your Christianity to them.

Please tell me that you are not a Gnostic.

Those guys were pretty reprehensible.

I am not a gnostic. I share facts of life.

You claim I'm wrong... Then go on to confirm pretty much what I just said... That many others have died the same way... The only thing holding your argument together is your belief that crucifiction is the worst possible way to die. Which while difficult to "prove", is certainly wide open for debate. A debate that would require one to acknowledge that the Jesus in the Bible got off easy, and was put down by spear, rather than suffer the long death of full crucifiction.
Sorry... Playing dead for 3 days simply isn't impressive.

Actually if not for the Catholic Church you wouldn't have any ammo to attack Christians with.
You actually feel that Catholics are real Christians?

Catholicism allowed their young men to kill catholic young men on both sides-Rev war, civil war, ww1,ww2--Millions upons millions slaughtered--They even killed their own supposed brothers in Christ for Adolf Hitler. Fear of men--that is Why--same reason the Pope has swiss killers hired to protect him. No they are not--Jesus would never allow the brothers in Christ to kill each other. They are ruled by love--war is hatred.

GERM-Many which started 2 World Wars was majority Protestant, and the Revolutionary War, and Civil War in America was overwhelmingly Protestant.

Swiss are Catholic, and some of the most peaceful people to exist, as are Poles, Slovaks, Irish, you get the drift.

The Irish were the first terrorists that started blowing others up in hatred. Orange vs green-- They taught the other terrorist well, then complain when it occurs.

do you have a citation for that allegation?

Constantine was a pagan false god worshipper. He couldn't straighten any of it out. The opposite occurred. They screwed it all up.

Forum List

Back