Christian churches ‘must be made’ to affirm homosexuality

Both sides were Christian. I don't judge people's religion. If you say you are a Christian I don't question it, even if you ignore all of Jesus' teachings.

You just did judge and question it. You judge when you say someone is ignoring Jesus' teachings. Interesting how those who say we shouldn't judge do it not realizing they are hypocrites when they do it.

I never said you shouldn't judge. Jesus said it. If you have a problem with that, you need to take it up with him.

Out of curiosity though, do you agree with Mr.Right that Robert E. Lee wasn't a Christian?
Was he pro slavery?

He was pro States' rights. Do you know why Lee said he joined the Confederacy despite being offered command of the Union troops? Do you think Lincoln was anti-slavery? You might find through reading that Lee wasn't as pro slavery as people thing ...

Yeah, he was anti-slavery in a "I'm going to keep my slaves until I am forced to free them" kind of way.

Yes, he expressed a few sentiments against slavery, but still fought *for* the cause of defending, preserving, protecting and expanding slavery. There's no getting around that.

He was as pro-slavery as Lincoln was anti-slavery. To use Obama's term, Lincoln "evolved" on his view on slavery. What caused that change is debatable. Many say it was because he looked at it through a moral view no longer thinking it was a necessary evil, as he did at one time or because it was for political gain. I go with the latter.

I never said you shouldn't judge. Jesus said it. If you have a problem with that, you need to take it up with him.

Out of curiosity though, do you agree with Mr.Right that Robert E. Lee wasn't a Christian?
Was he pro slavery?

He was pro States' rights. Do you know why Lee said he joined the Confederacy despite being offered command of the Union troops? Do you think Lincoln was anti-slavery? You might find through reading that Lee wasn't as pro slavery as people thing ...

Yeah, he was anti-slavery in a "I'm going to keep my slaves until I am forced to free them" kind of way.

Yes, he expressed a few sentiments against slavery, but still fought *for* the cause of defending, preserving, protecting and expanding slavery. There's no getting around that.

He fought for States' rights. It's people like you that don't know history that make something simple out of something that isn't. I bet you think the move toward Civil War didn't start until Lincoln was elected in 1860.

:rofl:
I laugh at you just like you laugh at you. Funny how you think your view is correct because you think it.

You just did judge and question it. You judge when you say someone is ignoring Jesus' teachings. Interesting how those who say we shouldn't judge do it not realizing they are hypocrites when they do it.

Was he pro slavery?

He was as pro-slavery as Lincoln was anti-slavery. To use Obama's term, Lincoln "evolved" on his view on slavery. What caused that change is debatable. Many say it was because he looked at it through a moral view no longer thinking it was a necessary evil, as he did at one time or because it was for political gain. I go with the latter.

Lincoln didn't keep nearly a hundred slaves, and only freed them when he was required to...as Lee did.

Lincoln also knew Constitutionally, he could not prevent slavery -- he could fight it's expansion, which was part of the Republican platform.

Lincoln was no abolitionist, but his many expressions on the matter are well relayed in the Lincoln Douglas debates, and his other speeches and actions.

He did also work to get the 13th Amendment passed, and even put his signature on it, when it had never been done before to an Amendment.

Lee, meanwhile fought for a "country" whose stated goal was to preserve, protect and expand slavery. In perpetuity.

Was he pro slavery?

He fought for States' rights. It's people like you that don't know history that make something simple out of something that isn't. I bet you think the move toward Civil War didn't start until Lincoln was elected in 1860.

:rofl:
I laugh at you just like you laugh at you. Funny how you think your view is correct because you think it.
I laugh because you think I don't know history.

History is my life.

The bigoted, conservative, traditional democratic south founded their "nation" 150 years ago as A Christian nation.

Appealed to "Almighty God' right in their Constitution. They thought they were the chosen people.
Today the Left thinks gays are the chosen people.

No. Just people.

Spoiled brats that can't accept no for an answer on things for which the Constitution grants them nothing related to what they demand.

The bigoted, conservative, traditional democratic south founded their "nation" 150 years ago as A Christian nation.

Appealed to "Almighty God' right in their Constitution. They thought they were the chosen people.

No. Just people.

Spoiled brats that can't accept no for an answer on things for which the Constitution grants them nothing related to what they demand.
Why should gays and lesbians accept no for an answer when they wish to be treated as equal citizens under the law?

What are you going to do when SCOTUS rules in June same sex marriage is legal in every state?

Throw up more gigaloads of butt hurtedness?

No. Just people.

Why should gays and lesbians accept no for an answer when they wish to be treated as equal citizens under the law?

What are you going to do when SCOTUS rules in June same sex marriage is legal in every state?

The topic is about should churches be forced to affirm homosexuality and you don't have
leg to stand on if you think churches should be forced. That's a fact, Jack

Liberals want the government to have veto power over religious doctrine. The religion then becomes an arm of the government.

If you truly believe that, instead of just spouting hateful crap, you are too stupid to be let out on the streets

No. Just people.

The topic is about should churches be forced to affirm homosexuality and you don't have
I don't think churches should be forced to accept homosexuality, and neither does the gist of the op-ed you OP'ed, quackerhead.

No. Just people.

I don't think churches should be forced to accept homosexuality, and neither does the gist of the op-ed you OP'ed, quackerhead.

Sure it does, you're too busy quacking about things you obliviously are clueless about to even realize what the op ed is saying. You're just another "look at how smart I am" left loon trying to impress and failing miserably at it

Was he pro slavery?

Lincoln didn't keep nearly a hundred slaves, and only freed them when he was required to...as Lee did.

Lincoln also knew Constitutionally, he could not prevent slavery -- he could fight it's expansion, which was part of the Republican platform.

Lincoln was no abolitionist, but his many expressions on the matter are well relayed in the Lincoln Douglas debates, and his other speeches and actions.

He did also work to get the 13th Amendment passed, and even put his signature on it, when it had never been done before to an Amendment.

Lee, meanwhile fought for a "country" whose stated goal was to preserve, protect and expand slavery. In perpetuity.

Lincoln's goal when the war started was preservation of the union. When he saw the north was close to getting it's ass kicked by people northerners considered backwoods hillbillies, he changed it to a focus on ending slavery. The Confederate strategy included military intervention by both GB and France but it never happened. Lincoln knew that those two joining the southern States would have meant disaster. A British shipyard built two ships for the Confederacy but that was about as much involvement military as happened. However, GB had a major textile industry that relied on cotton. The Confederacy thought that might help an alliance although it never materialized to the level the south wanted either.

GB had outlawed slavery in the British Empire in 1833. Lincoln knew that. Many think Lincoln's view on slavery changed in order to have GB as an ally or prevent them from aiding the Confederacy due to a social issue. Guess Lincoln cared more about saving his ass than he really did about slaves being free.

No. Just people.

Sure it does, you're too busy quacking about things you obliviously are clueless about to even realize what the op ed is saying. You're just another "look at how smart I am" left loon trying to impress and failing miserably at it
PeePeeView isnt the most ignorant poster on here, only because competition is keen. S/he got his/her ass kicked, not realizing that Congress enacts laws by voting on them. Too butt hurt to admit the truth, PeePee defaulted to quibbling over words.
It's the same here.
SCOTUS will re-affirm its finding in Windsor that states are responsible for setting terms of marriage licenses. And watch the butthurt soar among those whose butts have long been used for things they shouldnt.

No. Just people.

You've already had your ass smashed by better posters than I on this thread, loopy.

Don't cry about it.

You've already had your ass smashed by better posters than I on this thread, loopy.

Don't cry about it.
Actually every poster on this thread is a better one than you, dunce-o. And no, the Lass has not had her ass smashed. That woul dbe you.
Are you denying that the op ed doesnt suggest churches be coerced in their teachings?

Don't cry about it.

LOL No I haven't and because YOU say so means nothing. You don't even understand the op ed and you've spent post after post getting shellacked due to your ignorance. I bet you lay in bed at night sighing over what a burden your "intelligence" is AHAHAHNAHAHNAHNA

PratchettFaFought: 11154217 said:
Do you know WHY he fought for the south? You might want to study up on that.

Yes. So that makes it ok to compromise with evil?
You didn't answer the question. Why did Lee fight for the south?

No, no. I am not going to allow a detour so you can wriggle out. You tell me why and then explain why that made it ok to compromise with evil? Why did he fight against the Christians?
I'm not going to do your homework for you, kid. I asked if you knew why he fought for the south. Do you even know why the war was fought in the first place? It wasn't Fought Over slavery.
The cause and stated purpose of the Confederacy was to preserve, protect, defend and expand slavery - and they elevated the institution to something they glorified on their currency.
confeddollar.jpg

Slaves working the field --

The Vice President of the CSA said African Slavery was the Cornerstone.

You can't unstick that ugly off, no matter how you try.
when can you just answer a simple question?

No. Just people.

Yes. That is my opinion of the far right.

No. Just people.

Yes. That is my opinion of the far right.
Nobody gives a shit about your opinion, s0n.

Don't cry about it.

The tide has turned. Religious freedom is going to win this round. Sorry 100% of the legal victories don't belong to you and your cult.

Don't be sad that your virulent litgation-machine doesn't win 100% of the time :itsok:

Don't cry about it.

LOL No I haven't and because YOU say so means nothing. You don't even understand the op ed and you've spent post after post getting shellacked due to your ignorance. I bet you lay in bed at night sighing over what a burden your "intelligence" is AHAHAHNAHAHNAHNA
One thing I feel pretty confident about is a lot of people as USBM think the Rabbi and your skanky ass are two of the top ranking stupidest posters of the entire right wing insane asylum here. It's a high bar, but you guys are

Winning!

:lol:

Forum List

Back